Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: M94-66Q: Glaðsheimr - City of Angels  (Read 5851 times)

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 78
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
M94-66Q: Glaðsheimr - City of Angels
« on: August 07, 2014, 05:48:21 PM »

| Glaðsheimr is the Ancient home of the Eldari, settled here some millions of years ago before the coming of man. They are the oldest sentient species known.

The city and indeed the planet is permanently covered in snow, situated in the furthest outlying regions of the Pegasus galaxy and homeworld of the Eldari. The planet is guarded by intelligent defence satellites, a virtual minefield to any unwary visitor.

The people of Glaðsheimr live in and around the ancient city and have done so for millennia. Most homes are not seen, simply because of the year round winter, many are beneath the ground in great multi storied towers. Their culture is of the oldest, they have been other things, but now they are as they began, a divine creation meant as a buffer between good and evil.

The Stargate, once located at the end of the three mile connecting bridge over Rasun Gorge, is now located deep within the bowels of the city proper. A single structure encompassing over twenty square miles and some ninety five stories above ground and thirty or more below. Tunnels run for miles in every direction, to homes, commerce and defensive stations.  |

« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 02:34:31 PM by Mandi »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 228
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: M94-66Q: Glaðsheimr - City of Angels
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 02:37:44 AM »

<Central Core>

<Evia Romain> NPC

"Don't be pacing up and down like that Dori, you will make me nervous and I'll lose my place." The older woman said plainly. She was human, or at least appeared to be, but she was more, one of the spell casters from a world within the realm of the Eldari.

A tall, warrior Eldari woman, with hair as white as the snows outside bent to the work of her companion. "You have been knitting that for three weeks now Evia, I am quite sure your grandson will be grateful. But you know the reason I pace as such. I am a warrior, not a diplomat and Sunniva should never have left me in command."

Evia looked up from her knitting and stopped, placing a hand on her friends arm. "Be at peace dear. That is the reason I am here to be your guide. When the delegation arrives from Atlantis, you will do well."

"You said that about the Carach'na. Look how that turned out."

"Those insects had no sense of humour and it is no loss Dori. They came with nothing and left with the same."
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • MeredithMcKay Thumb turning green.MeredithMcKay Thumb turning green.
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 05:06:27 PM »

It ought to have felt strange, tingly maybe when passing through the Ring of the Ancestor, but it never did. Maybe it was because she was already tingling with excitement as to what was on the other side. Once or twice she had met with disappointment, a empty world or worse one ravaged recently by the Wraith. On those worlds Tama's nightmares were always at their height, along with the pain in her wrists.

Stepping out with her bare feet, Tama felt this new world under her, she could tell a lot by those first few steps, but on this occasion it was not touch that told her what she needed to know but sight alone was enough to tell her that here was a people of great intelligence, strength and power. The ring close after her as she took her steps with care, any shadows cast upon her face showed the reflective nature of her intense sapphire blue eyes.

Sudden unease fell about her, so her hand went to the small pendant around her neck, rubbing her thumb back and forth, praying for the goddess' guidance and protection.

" Hello?"

Tama had managed to get better use of the common tongue, something she had never needed within the confines of the inner temple. Adjusting the belt of her robes for a moment, Tama suddenly felt her clothes too tatty to be in such a grand place as this. In her escape from the Temple and the following journey's the clothing she wore had taken it's toll, she had only one change of clothing for which she kept for when she danced to earn her keep. With care though and dutiful attention, Tama had managed to maintain it but it didn't make it feel any less threadbare than in this particular moment in time.

Tama stood still for a moment trying to decide what to do next. Instinct said to run, logic and faith championed her actions to stay. Two out of three meant she stayed till instinct punched the lights out of faith and logic.

Letting her back drop to her side, Tama started to take in the architecture, it didn't not seem much like that of the place she dreamt off and certainly it was far from the architecture from home. Tama had the sense they were underground too, it reminded her much of the catacombs under the Temple and the lack of light.

Nervously Tama readjusted her hairpins, making sure they were secure and yet easily accessible should she need them, though she prayed to the goddess that she would not.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 05:25:49 PM by MeredithMcKay »

" Just because I was born for a purpose does not mean I have to resign myself to that fate."

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 05:32:19 PM »

Security wasn't lacking, indeed the sentries, guards and technicians knew well before the visitor arrived from whence she came. The Stargate within Glaðsheimr had, since being relocated, upgraded with all the latest Eldari features, that included a origin address alert, which would be back checked to the vast repository of known 'friends' of the Eldari going back through the ages. This was one of them, albeit they hadn't heard from the Celestial realm in centuries.

{Curessa Dumesk~Cleric} NPC

A woman stood, arms behind her back, long red gold hair spilling down her back, wearing the robes of her office. Deep dark blue with embroidered suns, moons and stars covering the floor length gown, modestly finished at the neck. Curessa was perhaps in human terms, short for an Eldari at only six foot two inches, slim, with a tapered chin and steely blue eyes and something of a rosebud mouth that would have suited any tavern wench. One wouldn't say she was either beautiful or pretty, simply attractive and easy on the eye.

As she stepped forward to greet the visitor, lights flared revealing the greater depth of the room. It was narrow, barely twenty feet wide and long, by some sixty feet. That had a purpose and the black armoured guards lining the walls at every ten feet told any newcomer this was a murder hole for the unwary. If you looked up to the ceiling level where the walls met, one would not help but to see the muzzles of Eldari pulse weapons trained on anyone entering uninvited. But, to soften the image to friends, tapestries hung along the entire length, depicting woodland scenes of summer and spring.

"Weclome to Glaðsheimr stranger. I am Curessa Dumesk, Chief Cleric of the Eldari. Be not afraid, you are among friends here."
She said with some difficulty, speaking in the common tongue.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 07:37:04 PM by MelsMum »

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2014, 05:58:38 PM »

Taking in Curessa, Tama felt her clothing even more inadequate to be here. Her hand move slightly to cover a little tear in the fabric that she was yet to fix as soon as she obtained a dark enough thread. The original pattern of her clothing was still obscured with the dark thread she had covered it over with  in order to better blend in with shadows that must be at least a season away, making Tama a season away from her fifth birthday.

However after a moment Tama realised that she was forgetting her manners by getting too involved in her awe of Curessa and so moved her hand from the tear, glided herself into a perfected bow on the floor, pressing her head to the floor.

" I am most thankful for your welcome. I am the Lady Tama Ayeka born out of the clan Akimoto, Lady of the third rank."

Since she was being more formal than she had been on other words, Tama felt it important to give her middle name, the name of her godmother,Empress and Goddess, the woman who Tama put her faith in every night and every day. Her rank just indicated that she was unmarried and had yet to join motherhood. In their matriarchal society, a woman's status as a mother was everything, a marriage was not sanctioned until the union had proven fruitful but it had been indicated to Tama that she was never expected to move past the third rank.

Rising up again on to her feet, not as smoothly as she had gone down into the pose, she then tilted her head slightly and smiled a little. Her sapphire eyes glittering slightly as she really took in what was around her an really wished she had changed into her good robes before her arrival, but hindsight could only be given in the present, never in the past. She could see the weapons, little bits of information flicked up into her head, theorising what might be the basis of such weapons, how they might work but the same was about any benign technology in the room. Tama's mind just worked that way, always wondering about how things worked, she wasn't interested in their purpose much unless it was of benefit to her and killing with such weapons were not the style of her kind, well the kind that raised her.

" I too bare no ill will to you or your people. I just wish to maybe earn a meal and a bed for the night, maybe ask questions if I may, though I am not sure if any of you may know the answer to them. No one has as yet. I beg the pleasure of dancing tonight, if I may."

Usually Tama did not feel so self conscious about such things, but she did now as she stood in her tatty, dirty clothes, her travel worn back at her dirty bare feet. Her hand rubbed again at the blue stone pendant, asking for the goddess' strength, mostly because she was trying not to shiver feeling the cold starting to seep into her.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 04:19:36 PM by MeredithMcKay »

" Just because I was born for a purpose does not mean I have to resign myself to that fate."

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2014, 06:14:53 PM »

There was much more to this young woman than met the eye and Curessa's skills came into play immediately the lighting fell on her. She had all the hallmarks of her race indeed and more, the Eldari clerk had determined this particular being had not too long ago been newly minted; advanced aging technology much on the same lines as the Eldari themselves use to progress new born babes into adulthood in a few short years. Curessa wasn't that all knowing, but she guessed Tama was still coming to terms with her being, perhaps no more than five years or so. Her state of dress also told Curessa that the young woman had come here to them in a somewhat urgent state and that in itself was a curiosity. Why she chose an old alliance that was last valid some centuries ago was the question on the Cleric's mind. A question to be addressed some time soon.

"We have long dispensed with formal ceremony Tama." The Cleric spoke kindly, lifting Tama's head with a cupped hand. "I see to you'll need a change of attire and bathing if it would suit you. I will add, hold your head high here and your back straight, the only being in our sphere you need to defer to with any ceremony is the guardian and she is far from here. That to, is only required and mere tilt of the head." She held her hand out in the direction they would walk; up the sloping pathway between the guards and to a heavily armoured door at the end.

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2014, 06:43:28 PM »

The pale face flushed with deep embarrassment now as her head was lifted upwards, at first not raising her eyes to look at Curessa's face but eventually the sapphire orbs followed did look to meet her face. A little embarrassed half smile formed on her face.

"I have been living among the elders too long, they have a adoration for ceremony and so I suppose it's engrained in me to act with absolute deference to others, for I have rarely been in the presence of those who would in my cultural designated the lessers of my station."

Really Tama didn't want to admit that it was all she did know when it came to behaving around others, Tama's knowledge of things beyond the Temple was severely limited, infact she wasn't entirly sure how she calf to be here, all she did know was a lot of what she had been told was a lie. Still the manners she had been raised with still held true and it was all she had to guide her. Only when in training had Tama ever had anyone younger that her around, all members of her household had been older than her or at at a higher rank and so by custom Tama had always deferred, bowed and been humble in their presence, well most of the time. Her governess occupied a different way when they were alone and before Tama had known that her Governess had been party to the lies of her short lived existence.

"An opportunity to bathe and change my clothes would be most welcome, I will admit to feeling ashamed to present myself to yourselves in such a shabby manner, so I beg you to be most kind and forgive me for it."

At the invitation, Tama's bare feet made the progression towards the door, subconsciously maintaining two paces behind her host as she had done when with her governess, an elder or pretty much everyone she had been raised by. Still she did as told and straightened her back, then raised her head so it was level, while her eyes were taking in all the wonderment.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 04:54:36 PM by MeredithMcKay »

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2014, 10:26:02 PM »

"Something your elders would not have told you, as I am sure they to were not aware of it. Here, among the Eldari, other than she who guides us, we are all equals and we hold that true for our guests." Curessa moved with the grace of her kind, footsteps almost unheard as she led Tama up the sloping incline to the door at the end. Each guard as they passed, looked out from slitted helmets, only the calm eyes of all shades of blue and grey, unblinking, watching the tow pass by.

At a touch of the hand, the door slid back, revealing another wider passageway. This time though, the look was more kindly to the eye, not that the murals of the previous room were not comforting; this area though was bright and despite being so far below the surface, quite airy. Eldari came and went, hurrying on the their business and what would have struck any visitor as unusual, were the number of pregnant women. Finally after some few minutes walking, Curessa brought Tama to a central area that stopped at a circular balcony, passageways leading of it like the spokes of a wheel. Below the balcony, some hundred feet or so, was a marvel of the Eldari. A full garden with tall trees and sprinkled with the light of a summers afternoon.

She pressed on, giving the young woman a moment to take it all in and finally she stopped at a junction. "The rooms we shall provide for you are down this way. But I was curious and you do not have to answer, but do you know how long you have been in creation?" Those dark blue eyes were giving nothing away. But it was said among the Eldari, the more you know of someone, the more it makes it easy to please.

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2014, 02:38:13 PM »

It felt rather odd having her head raised level, but there seemed to be a nice feeling of relief in the back of her head not that it was now longer in it's usual downward tilt, but her eyes still remained respectfully dipped as she passed the guards.

A little sound issued from Tama at the coment about her Elder's not having told her. There was a long list of things her Elders hadn't told her, primarily everything about what made her, her. Human's had only been mentioned to her because it was hard to prevent her age mates telling her about them and she had been having nightmares about the Wraith for as long as she could remember.

Moving through into the passageway, Tama's iridescent sapphire eyes took in all the hustle and bustle around her, but certainly the amount of women that were expecting was an astonishment to her, in was actually her first time seeing any pregnant women. In the Inner Temple, Tama had never been around women who were either incapable or were past child-bearing, the subject though had been taught to her when Tama had reached what would have been the appropriate age, but she herself hadn't shown sign she would be able to do so herself.

Walking on to the balcony Tama then stopped her eyes widening as she looked around the vast space, it was nothing like she had ever seen in her life. None of the Temple courtyards were like this, they were certainly sculpted, carefully planned and maintained, little brooks winded through so she could cross on small bridges. For a moment he felt a little dizzy being so high up, but closing her eyes and drawing in a deep breath before dispelling it. Once she had herself under control Tama continued on after Curessa to the junction. The question was a little odd to be asked and Tama did feel a little a little hesitant at first to answer, she wasn't sure how much Curessa knew about her people.

"I'm four and two seasons old, I know I look younger than my age mates are. I have a little growth problem."

Really how else could she describe it, she really didn't want to start talking to anyone about her being part human, certainly not with people she just met, trust was something she didn't really have much in abundance after so many lies, so much withholding of information so for now Tama would withhold her own information until she felt it the right time to ask her questions.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2014, 07:17:06 PM »

"Perhaps an interrupted growth pattern, it is common and can be easily attended to Tama. I would ask as well, do not look too surprised if a seemingly innocent child engages you in conversation on the most profound topics of logic, or even advanced calculus. Our children reach maturity at around twelve to fifteen years physically; mentally somewhere around five."

Curessa walked on leading her guest another fifty metres or so, then stopped at a door, within a small elegantly decorated alcove. "This is your room for your stay with us. Within you have your privacy, clothes will be found by addressing the console on the desk, it is intuitive, simply ask what you need and they will be delivered to you promptly. There is a garden for you if you wish to take your ease at the exterior door of your bedroom and the bathing area you'll find there." What else was there, oh yes the bathing. "Do not fear Tama, although in the garden, no one will see you bathe. When you need me, simply call my name."

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2014, 02:08:45 PM »

Tama did not comment further she did not want it pursued as yet or " attended to", she was fairly sure that it wasn't a interrupted growth pattern, it had always been the general concessions (from the overheard conversations) that Tama's mixed genetics were the root cause. Listening on Tama could not help but think about her own education and how limited it now seemed, certainly biology was a very briefly covered subject for her, hearing about the Eldari children, Tama wondered how much more had been kept from her. The only things she had ever done and learned on her own was her equations, along side her tinkering with machinery. Much of that she had done on instinct and many of the engineers and mathematicians of her people had sent petitions to see her work, but Tama had never gone herself, Suyami had always been the one to present her work.

"I hope they will forgive me if I am somewhat limited in logic, I should be fine on the calculus.

For a moment Tama was about to put in that she would not be legally recognised as an adult till she reached the age of Five, but then that would only cause her more problems by admitting herself to being a minor within her culture.

Keeping her respectful pace, her small bundle held tightly in her right hand, Tama went with Curessa to the door, her eyes appreciating the detail of the alcove. Beauty was always to be appreciated, the Divine Empress had told her that once, though Tama never quite understood how the blind Imperial Goddess could appreciate beauty, but Tama never pressed the question, since most of the time any conversation that had passed between them was always under the very not blind gaze and sharp eared Elders.

"After I am refreshed then I will then call you to arrange my performance, it is all I have to offer in thanks for this kindness which is very great indeed. I thank you so very much.

Having watched Curessa open the door earlier, Tama did the same with this new door and peered into what would be her room for her night, she didn't feel she could stay anywhere more than that, her people would be on the hunt and being natural predators Tama knew that it would be inevitable.

She couldn't wait to sink herself into hot water, wipe away the grime and get herself into fresh clothing. However first, once the door was closed behind, she checked how secure this room and its adjoining room. It wasn't that she didn't trust Curessa and her fellow Eldari, she just didn't trust anyone anymore, save the Goddess.

Only once she was sure she did have the assured privacy, did Tama go to the console within her room, her head tilted a little regarding it as thoughts about how it worked, possible combinations of mechanics and technology. It took a lot of willpower for her not to start stripping it down to start figuring out to satisfy her curiosity. Instead she did as Curessa instructed her.

" I require a fresh set of robes, preferably some shade of blue."

It felt a little strange talking to thin air, but then what was stranger than what Tama concealed under her bracers, at least that morning's pain had subsided and now only was a little comfortable when she moved her hands. This was the biggest of her secrets and the one she guarded most.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2014, 08:04:16 PM »

"They will Tama, I can assure you of that." She said as the door slid shut with a soft hiss of air. Once alone again, Curessa began to pace as she often did when something was nagging at her and at this very moment, the presence of this young woman was a small problem that gave her an ache in the back of her head.

Leaning on the balcony railing, looking far below into the gardens was a way to bring all her thoughts together in one place and the sole thing she was thinking of at this moment was the fact that for over three hundred years now as she had walked, talked and acted as a sentient being in this present body, Curessa had never had a challenge she couldn't come at peace with. She pushed herself away and returned to the alcove, determined to find out more about the young woman, subtly of course. Waiting was always the worst part for her, the Eldari cleric wasn't renown for her patience, yet she would give Tama the time to adjust.

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2014, 04:32:57 PM »

With her clothes requested, Tama turned her attention to bathing. Bathing out in the garden wasn't entirely a novel concept to her, one special days she would have been taken out to the hot springs that existed in the western quarter of the Temple grounds, a rare luxury that Tama had enjoyed because it was one of the few opportunities where she could meet with her godmother with less eyes and ears watching them.

Even as she drew the bath, she made sure it was as hot as those springs, her muscles needed the heat to ease them. Water drawn, Tama undressed, pausing only to inspect the tattered state of her robes and noting where repairs would need to be made. Everything was folded neatly to one side, before finally removing the bracers and setting them aside on the pile.

In the light, the metal rings at the base of her wrists glinted, now raised and the skin now turning grey and hard, the outer edges were starting to form small spidering arms. Gently she touched and pressed the skin around it, before biting down on her lip to stop her issuing any sign of pain at her unwise actions fueled by her instinctive curiosity. If only just poking and prodding would give her the answers to what she wanted to know, but then that would result her being black and blue. What was she becoming, what was this final stage, why was it so painful, why had they not told her about this or about the origins of her Pai, what was so awful about her that he had chosen to absolve him of her? Endless stream of questions filled her head as she now scrubbed herself down in the water.

Once she was thouraghly purged of grime and sweat, any bruises and cuts inspected, Tama got out carefully and put on her shabby robes, her sash keeping it loosely closed, just to keep the chill out now that she was out of the hot water. In her arms she held her bracers, the skin around the growths (certainly they were not implants) was still a little to tender for her to encase them back in the hard coverings. Instead she laid out her weapons: her hair pins, war fans and the small dagger that resided in her sash when she was properly dressed.

From her bundle, Tama withdrew a lacquered hair comb, a gift from her godmother on her last birthday, looking on  it Tama wished she was here with her, to guide her in knowing who to trust. Holding the pendant that was fused around her neck, so thus unremovable, Tama closed her eyes and prayed aloud, the sleeve of her robes pressed in at her elbows as she held them close to her chest.

" I wish you could be here to tell me who I could trust, who I can ask my questions and not be lied to. I wish you could tell me if this Eldari were the ones to place my faith in, if I could ask Curessa.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 05:59:11 PM by MeredithMcKay »

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2014, 07:36:52 PM »

"Take your time dear."
Curessa called, her voice just a pitch above normal speaking tone. Of course she could simply wait, but rumors were afoot that a new and unknown Wraith entity had emerged or awaken in the Galaxy and with that in mind, the Eldari were on high alert. Thinking of that brought the Vanir, the cousins so to speak of the Eldari, to her thoughts; would they to be aware. That was a task Sunniva had given directly to her Cleric, to reach out to them and bring them into the fold, give them what they needed, that link to their heritage and past and cast off the reliance on the greatly mistaken cloning adventure all three tribes had erroneously pursued. Once she had safely delivered the young woman to Dorestinya, Curessa would be on her way, alone.

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2014, 03:40:21 PM »

Hearing Curessa's voice made Tama almost jump out of her skin as she finished her prayer, adding in a little thanks that her privacy was being respected, something that was a novelty to her since her Governess or any of the Elders would enter her chambers when they pleased. Tama decided this lapse was just because this room made her feel so isolated, certainly the walls did not give an illusion of privacy, unlike the thin paper ones back in the Temple. There was a lot of things she could compare to how different life in the Temple was, it angered a little to know that she had been forbade any of these things without being given a reason or even a chance to choose for herself.

" I shall not keep you long, I was just saying my prayers."

Hurriedly the youth called out a her bracers were put back on regardless of what discomfort they would cause to her, in the end she would bare it as she had with other pains growing up, in this instance though it was necessary if she wanted to be sure that metallic growths would remain concealed until she felt the time was right or she had little choice, which ever happened first.

Collecting the robes she had requested that had as promised been delivered promptly, Tama inspected the workmanship before finally she donned them after she had strapped her war fans to her thighs, even if this was a friendly place to be Tama was bound by the customs to which she had been raised to carry these weapons, but because it was at this moment friendly, the catches were firmly closed and secured rather than open ready for use. Then made sure her sash was closed around her and secure, before placing the knife inside the folds of fabric. Her hair, she choose to keep half up and half down, pinning the top half secure with her hair pins. Taking a look in a provided mirror Tama felt herself a little more presentable but she looked nothing like she would back in the Temple, her robes would be heavy and confining, her hair waxed and pulled into sculpted art that drove her nuts, this was much more herself.

Her free hair hung down her back with two sections framing her face, the dark blue had a practical purpose for one not so use to being in the company of strangers while also setting her pale skin off. The bracers were just nearly hidden under the wide sleeves to her satisfaction and her sash was holding it all closed so that she remained suitably modest.

Tama made sure that her bare feet now only peeked out from the hem before going to the door at opening it too meet Curessa.

"I did not keep you did I, I'm am sorry if I did. The luxury of a good hot bath in a garden is one to be savoured when traveling. Thank you for your kindness, I feel far more presentable now."

A broad smile formed on her face, any discomfort she felt from her wrists hidden carefully, it would subside in time.

"Shall we make arrangements for my performance?"
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 05:43:49 PM by MeredithMcKay »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

lethal-pageant