Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: M94-66Q: Glaðsheimr - City of Angels  (Read 5852 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 228
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: M94-66Q: Glaðsheimr - City of Angels
« Reply #105 on: February 25, 2015, 12:43:32 AM »

It was extremely difficult when you were 7'2" in human measurement and 12 months into a 14 month pregnancy to hide that fact, the El'dari for the most part were quite an open and free spirited race having long thrown of the shackles that came with the lives they lived in that heavy cloistered world of cloning. For Sunniva though, in her position it was expected this far into her term that she quietly retreat somewhere and seek privacy, awaiting the birth of the child. She would have to, if it were not for the attempted assassination on her life. She nodded sagely to all the guests as she eased herself into a vacant chair by the window, her own chair in fact, the very one she sat in not 7 months ago. "It is a pleasure to meet all of you. It comes to me at an opportune time to see you here in our homeworld Major and there is much I would discuss with your Mister Richard Woolsey when the time comes." That may well throw Lorne off, but he'd be expecting her to know having spent the last half year or so in the Milky Way establishing a firm alliance there.

She then gave Tama her approval. "I did indeed young Tama and were it not for my current state, I would join you in the dance such is the admiration I had for the people you may have once called your own. I sense a change there am I not correct?"

Dori returned to her own chair, keeping her head down. It was remarkable to see the difference that the presence of Sunniva created in the warrior woman.
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #106 on: April 23, 2015, 03:00:20 AM »

Something was happening, even as Sunniva was speaking her eyes were looking elsewhere and she was not pleased. "Dorestinya, Major Lorne, I believe it would be appropriate for Tama to visit the great city of Atlantis. See to it." She was not one to be disobeyed, and there was no chance for reply, Sunniva suddenly dissappeared.
Far Dareis Mai

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • MeredithMcKay Thumb turning green.MeredithMcKay Thumb turning green.
« Reply #107 on: April 23, 2015, 03:30:10 PM »

Tama remained sitting back on her heels, her robs swathed around her, her eyes dipped and her face flushed slightly, as silly as it was when she had just displayed her inner feelings to people who were truly strangers to the youth.

"There is a difference of opinion as to my future. I ran away, I'm still running and searching for answers. "

It was the simplest way of saying it, without too much being said. She wasn't sure how a phone might react towards the implants concealed under her gauntlets. Right now she was struggling to accept that they were part of her,  they were a burning reminder that "her" did not regard her as a person but rather a component. She had already stated to the others what question she needed answering.

Her head snapped up quickly when Sunniva suggested to the others that she aught to go to Atlantis, eagerness and hope was plainly on her face. She needed to go, she wanted to go. Holding her blue stone pendant she prayed silently as she looked for an answer.

Sitting a little further upright, her eyes widened when she saw Sunniva disappear, but said nothing, she was just hoping for the answer.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 03:39:04 PM by MeredithMcKay »

" Just because I was born for a purpose does not mean I have to resign myself to that fate."

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 78
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #108 on: April 23, 2015, 08:11:11 PM »

Evan was taken aback by Sunniva's sudden outburst but he put that down to her current state of pregnancy. The thing was he and his team had accomplished what they set out to do, and that was to begin the process of a formal relationship with these powerful people. The rest he'd leave up to Sheppard and Woolsey. Secondly, despite his earlier reservations about the young woman, he felt that as she was more human than anything else, and on the run, she'd be safer on Atlantis as anywhere else.
"I've no objections Dorestinya in fact I think it would be best for her." He looked at Tama and gave her a hopeful face. "Can I expect a delegation from your people any time soon?"

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #109 on: April 24, 2015, 03:06:05 AM »

It took a few moments to recover from Sunniva's abrupt end to the meeting, but thus as it was with the El'dari and their pregnancies, it made them rather unpredictable, she herself did not look forward to the day she had to do her duty. With a shake of her head she let those thoughts go where they would. "Tama you will find your answers, go in peace and good fortune that this has come to you." She bowed her head, reached out and touched the young woman on the brow, it would send a feeling of warmth and security to her. "Major Lorne, Sunniva will return I know, when she does I will contact you before the end of your week." She reckoned that would be about how long it would take the Guardian to cool down.
Far Dareis Mai

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #110 on: April 24, 2015, 04:00:34 PM »

Her head nearly came down on the floor so hard in excitement that she would have been left with a small bump om her head. She managed to restrain herself in the last moment.

" It makes me so happy to hear that! "

Her eyes looked up.at Major Lorne, her face alight with happiness and hope. Now Tama might receive the answers she needed, she craved. She forgot her secret, forgot what it might mean when they found out. It didn't matter in this moment, she just wanted to find answers.

" I will return, Dorestinya, I swear by the Imperial Goddess, that I will and tell you all that I find out and I hope that I can repay you for this, it is my deepest desire. "

With as grace as she could muster in her excitement, Tama arose on to her bare feet and did not bow as she would have done customary, instead she touched her pendant to seal her promise.

Looking to Major Lorne, she beamed her brightest smile and tilted her head slightly.

"When may I go? Are there further formalities? Or need I only change and pack?"

" Just because I was born for a purpose does not mean I have to resign myself to that fate."

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #111 on: April 26, 2015, 09:52:41 PM »

"That's more than good enough for me Commander Dorestinya." Lorne answered formally, he felt she was due that title in his mind at least. He looked over at the young woman, giving her a confident looking expression. "Nothing formal, but yes you'll need all you have I imagine, but we can supplement your clothing once we arrive." She like Teyla before her, would of course have to fit in, but he was sure that transition would be easy enough. He tapped his radio just once. "Team, assemble in the gate room. I'll be there in five minutes." To the El'dari, he gave a slight bow adding. "With your leave?" Naturally he'd have to wait for Tama to gather her things, but he could tell by the look on her face she wouldn't be long.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #112 on: April 27, 2015, 03:07:49 AM »

Now that was a reaction worth bottling as the humans would say and it made Dorestinya very pleased, not to mention the Major's formal address to her. With humility and respect, she bowed to both of them as she spoke. "It shall be so and Tama, I shall hold you to your word. Go in peace, both of you and we shall meet again soon."
Far Dareis Mai

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #113 on: April 27, 2015, 06:50:39 PM »

Heart pounding with excitement, Tama should have been tired after her traveling here and having danced but she didn't feel any of it, rather she just felt like she had more energy. Now she would find out who her Pai is, find out why he didn't honour her Oma. Maybe he knew why she was being adapted to be a component in a machine.

Touching her pendant, Tama gave the customary farewell of her people.

"Goddess bless you and keep you and your people."

Turning on her heel, Tama tried to restrain herself from running in her long robes, lest she trip and fall on her way back to the room that had been set aside for her. She hadn't even laid her head on the pillow, she had earned it with a dance, but a chance to find her family was worth a thousand dances.

Thankfully her possessions were meeger, apart from changing into her travel robes and loosely tying her hair back, her comb sitting at the base of her head. She agonized over wither she aught to take the robes she had gotten on arrival. For memory's sake she did.

Her ragged bundle in hand, Tama headed down to the gate.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #114 on: April 27, 2015, 09:52:32 PM »

"Now that is one woman I could spend a lot of time with, even if she could break me in two." Lorne chuffed softly as he walked away from the El'dari commander and her splendid room. Not long after that he had his team assembled at the star gate and had only a few minutes wait for Tama to arrive.

"You do travel light." He did notice that much, his statement bringing looks of lighthearted mirth from his team. They had more in their day carry packs than Tama was carrying with her.

<<To Atlantis>>

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #115 on: April 28, 2015, 06:49:33 AM »

Glancing down at the tiny bundle clutched in her hand, her face blushed slightly before raising her head back up to look at Major Lorne.

"I ran away from home, traveling light was a necessity."

She knew he was being overheated, and didn't mean. Any harm, but leaving home hadn't been an easy choice or achievement for her, nor had keeping her freedom.

She stepped in after his team, turning around only a moment to bow deeply in respect of this place and its occupants. Her bare feet took her forward into the next phase of her life.

<< To Atlantis >>

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #116 on: February 08, 2018, 09:53:19 PM »

*Via wrist device*

"Glaðsheimr this is Sunniva, I require two sub space communication enhancers immediately to assist our Atlantean friends with an ongoing problem they have. Please respond."

A patrol had just returned from one of their ally's off world forward bases, Dorestinya was in charge. No sooner had the Stargate shut down when it was re-opened again. She spun around weapon in hand as they had just concluded a rather nasty fire fight. She relaxed though when she heard her leader's voice. "Commander Dorestinya here Sunniva. I will have the devices brought to you in five minutes." She sent one of her soldiers off running to find someone to return with the device.
Far Dareis Mai

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #117 on: February 13, 2018, 10:44:20 PM »

Kara had returned from her hunting trip in the cold wastes. It was an animal similar to something humans would call an antelope, but it got away. As much as she is a warrior, she wouldn't kill an animal. No, she just went on an hunting trip to refine her senses as an hunter. It was sharp as ever.

Closing up her cold weather gear to keep her warm, she entered her household only to receive a message. She had a new task. This new task involved her in tracking down the soldier and finding a package. Exhaling a groan followed by an eye roll, she grabbed her hunting gear and set out into the cold wilderness again.

A soldier went rushing forward toward her. Raising her hand, Kara exclaimed in her tongue, "Slow down. I am here. You have a message for me?"

@Mim
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 06:09:34 PM by DanielRyder »
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #118 on: February 14, 2018, 02:19:47 PM »

{Denel A'tundi- Soldier} NPC

Denel was young, very young in the grand scheme of things among the El'Dari. At just 30 years he had barely seen much of the world around him, having spent the best part of the last fifteen years learning the finer arts of his race and of course how to be the best soldier this galaxy can produce. Like all his race he was leaned with muscle, a tanned face from the continual exposure to the outdoors, with the most piercing grey eyes you were likely to find.

On his way to find a suitable representative to return to the human city, Denel picked up the required devices from the stores, thinking all along of who could they send? His thoughts were answered when Commander Kara stopped him sharply in one of the long city pathways. "Commander!" He slapped his chest with the right hand in the El'Dari salute. "Not specifically you, but Sunniva is asking for someone of importance to travel to the human city of Atlantis with these." He held out the 3 inch by 6 inch sub space coms enhancers. "Commander Dorestinya awaits at the portal." He bowed in respect as his station required.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 08:19:34 PM by Mim »
Far Dareis Mai

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #119 on: February 15, 2018, 10:54:24 AM »

Keeping her smile in check, Kára stood stoically and responded bluntly, "Those look important. You did your duty, soldier. I will deliver those myself. What is your name so I may tell her of your success."

Like all seasoned warriors before her, Kára was excited with the prospect of serving her station. She remembered when she was wide eyed and cocky with a bit of a rebelliousness streak in her. She was unlike many El'dari who were proud to serve at their stations.

Accepting the medium sized package, it was almost weightless in her arms. Almost. She was also strong for an El'dari. During her hunts in the past, she packed a few muscles and kept her daily workout. While barely feeling the weight of this package, she shifted it in her arms gently and awaited the reply from the young soldier.

The white hood of her heavy furred coat kept her head covered and her strong torso warm. A small smile peaked from her features while she kept her stoic, tall form. The smile was invisible to the naked eye.

It had been awhile since Kára received an order like this but traveling a long distance to see a human city was not just an honor. It was a privilege even to see a great, ancient city of Atlantis. She had heard stories of them, but to visit the great city of the Ancients? She would be beyond words or speechless.

@Mim
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 06:10:05 PM by DanielRyder »
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

lethal-pageant