Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: M94-66Q: Glaðsheimr - City of Angels  (Read 6132 times)

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
Re: M94-66Q: Glaðsheimr - City of Angels
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2014, 06:41:50 PM »

"No of course you didn't, I did in fact think you would be somewhat longer Tama, given your state when you came to us. I would not at all have been surprised had you fallen asleep." That had happened quite often, weary travelers calling were drawn in by the peace and serenity of Glaðsheimr, their bodies and minds feeling comforted and at ease with safety it provided.

"If you don't mind?" She asked, slipping her arm around Tama's as a sign of acceptance and sincerity. "Before we see to your request, we'll have those little wounds attended to and as we walk, you can tell me more about yourself." When you've been sundered from a previous ally for so long, catching up was always a lengthy drawn out process, especially when you consider that period of time in the hundreds of years.

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • MeredithMcKay Thumb turning green.MeredithMcKay Thumb turning green.
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2014, 07:13:25 PM »

"I like making the most of the day."

It wasn't such a white lie, she did try to make the most of her time and usually once night had fallen she would have to be pulled away from her tinkering or equations to get her to bed. Back then her only reason to avoid sleep was the nightmares that always came. Now when her body went to rest, that was when what ever was causing the growth on her wrists would make a push on it's sculpting, forcing Tama awake with the pain as well as the nightmares. She slept when she needed it, but tried to avoid it for as long as possible now. Even with the surroundings of Glaðsheimr, Tama just could not allow herself to relax so much as to nap.

Tama nearly pulled away when Curessa's arm went round her, it was not a gesture that she was familiar with and was simply not done in her culture. However it didn't make her feel threatened so Tama went with it and allowed herself to be led and so made sure she kept pace. The flush soon left her and her skin paled at the offer to have her injuries treated.Since finding out about her linage via a overheard conversation of the Elders and her Doctor, any medical practitioner had been under deep suspicion to her, not to mention lingering memories of having her jaw wired shut after her rival near smashed it.

"As you say they are small, you need not worry about a few scrapes and bruises. "

This was all Tama could say, too outright refuse would be bad manners to those who hosted her and Tama did not want to present herself in a bad way, not when so far Curessa had been nothing but courteous to her.

"There is very little to tell, I grew up within the confines of the Inner Temple in Juku-hara, the central city of my world, until recently, I had never stepped outside the confines of the Temple since I became their ward. I was one of the best dancers, hence why I offer this as my way of repaying for your hospitality. What else can I tell you? My middle name was given to me by my God-Oma, the current Celestial Empress, the incarnation of the Goddess, it was customary because my Oma was her personal bodyguard. I like building machines, I often use to sit in my rooms and tinkering away. If I wasn't doing that then I was writing equations,dancing or training or  studying. "

Those where the days when she didn't know about the lies, when she had thought her Oma and Pai had been of the same species, when her wrists were normal.

"My life was fairly regimented, so I have very little stories to tell of myself."
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 09:24:20 AM by MeredithMcKay »

" Just because I was born for a purpose does not mean I have to resign myself to that fate."

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2014, 06:27:59 PM »

So, nothing had changed in the many hundreds of years since the Eldari knew them. The Celestials were still at the same game, portraying themselves as yet another entity of God like creatures and in that, making or more to the point, creating a thinking, walking being in their mold to believe all that was told them to be true. Curessa let out a small sigh, given the right time and circumstances she would sit the young woman down for a very long talk; yet, it wasn't her place and she was confident as Tama grew, she would see the truths for what they were. She would find out in her own time, it wasn't the Eldari's place to intervene.

"That is most gracious of you Tama. The Eldari appreciate the finer arts more than most and the dance even more so; to that point, you will find our minstrels are more than know the music of most races in several galaxies. When we're before the court, you will only need to ask  them." She kept up a steady pace, her mind still on the girls demeanor and polite denial of aid for her injuries. "On a day suitable, if our paths cross again, I will tell you more of our people and perhaps in that, some of the mysteries of the Universe will open up for you."

<Central Core>

After a rather long walk, several stair cases and at least one swift ride in a transporter, Curessa bought the young woman to stand before Glaðsheimr's Commander and her confident. "Dorestinya, Evia. May I present to you the Lady Tama Ayeka, of Clan Akimoto. Tama." She stood straight, there was no deference at all to either, simply a meeting of friends.

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2014, 02:32:13 PM »

It really wasn't the mysteries of the universe that Tama wanted to know, just to know the truth about herself and what was happening to her would be enough for her, though she did wonder about the sign from Curessa. What was about her Godoma that made such a sound issue from her mouth? She wished the Empress was here now, but the divinity had been as much a prisoner in the Temple as Tama had been, despite any power she had, there was an Agreement.

As her wrists complained under the bracers, Tama touched her pendant and reminded herself that her Goddess understood her pain, knew it and suffered as she did, for she was as mortal as all things but her spirit was more and that was what gave Tama comfort despite everything. As her small bare feet travelled along, a pace behind Curessa, Tama remembered the early dawn light spilling through the cracks of the Temple's main doorway where she last stood with the Divine Empress having helped her escape.

Dwelling on her thoughts Tama spent the remainder of their journey in silence, though her natural submissive posture resumed as her head bent down again, her hands folded in front.

<Central Core>

Upon arriving, Tama's eyes lifted, taking in the older woman and her work, before taking in the much taller woman before her. She had always thought herself tall, but she seemed still petite when compared to her, but Tama was drawn to the dazzling white hair. Never had she seen hair like this, the Elders had been far too, so either blackened their hair with dyes or covered them with wigs.

When she was introduced, Tama nearly felt her knees give to fold herself on to the floor into a bow, but remembered Curessa's words on their meet and simply bowed her head instead, before stepping a pace forward.

" I am honored to be allowed to come to your most wondrous and entrancing city, I have come to dance for your people's entertainment, for I have nothing else to offer in exchange for a meal and bed for the night, I ask for nothing more than that, other than a chance to ask questions."

Offer a little smile, Tama's head bent a little out of habit because she was not accustomed to living in a world of equals, her eyes dipped and looked at the floor as she waited an answer, briefly glancing back at Curessa for reassurance.

" Just because I was born for a purpose does not mean I have to resign myself to that fate."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 234
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2014, 06:16:58 PM »

<Central Core>

<Evia Romain> NPC

Both women wore amused faces when the Eldari Cleric brought the visitor to them, but it was not in any way a fault of hers. It was simply they had just shared a little humour concerning one of the latest round of talks with one of the lesser species of this corner of the galaxy who had tried to assert their dominance over another. It was quickly stopped with a little diplomacy on Evia's part, and it didn't take much at all; one hundred of her spell casters appeared in the cities of the aggressor, threatening to turn all the men into some form of hideous reptile. They sued for peace that very night. The joke of it was, that it was nothing but a ruse, the spell casters had no such powers at all, but when you're dealing with a superstitious race, there is nothing like perpetuating the myth.

Evia stood from her knitting, Dorestinya joined her side and both women as one held open their arms. They saw the little show of awkwardness, but both of them knew that Curessa would have instructed the girl in the Eldari customs within a few minutes of meeting her. "You are most welcome to be here Tama." The Eldari commander replied in her high but soft voice, quite surprising, given her status as a hardened battle commander. "I am Dorestinya, Battle Commander of the Eldari in this Galaxy and this is Evia Romain, my adviser and confident."

The human woman gave a small curtsey, she had no qualms at all about breaking the Eldari code of protocol, she saw people for what they were and in her own culture, titles carried a long way. "Welcome to the City of Angels Lady Tama. I can assure you, the Eldari will entreat you as if you are one of their own. Your dance performance will be happily received, I think after the evening meal don't you agree Dori?" She used the familiar, if for nothing else to put Tama at ease.

"Yes, that would be splendid. Tama, come, sit with us a while, I think we should use the time to answer your questions." Her long slim hand indicated the soft chairs by the window. For they were now at the highest levels of the main central tower, over looking the river and the snow capped mountains to the west.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 11:41:00 PM by RogueRanger »
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2014, 06:54:34 PM »

Evia's curtsey made her blush, she had understood it be similar to a bow, but Evia was clearly an Elder, though not of the Eldari race, that much Tama could tell with her limited knowledge of other species. Though she made no comment on this, nor on the curtsey or the use of the title Lady, all things that in Tama's culture only her juniors or those of lesser rank than she would use. Social rank could be very difficult in large gatherings within her people. One's family name decided one social position, while the number of daughters decided another, yet Tama had seemed to exist in a class all of her own back in the Temple at times, perhaps it had something to do with the title her governess had tried to impress on her the morning she ran, Lady Protector, whatever that meant.
 Well she had at least one thread she could pull at in order to unravel the mystery that was herself and now she had the chance to ask them.

This culture of equality and acceptance seemed very welcoming to Tama, part of her wanted to relax herself and accept them as they seemed to want to accept her, but the other part of her still hurt and nursed the bruises of betrayal. So with slow reluctance Tama moved over to sit down as requested, her head still bent down as she was accustomed.

" Then you will forgive me if I eat sparingly tonight, it is rather difficult for me to dance on a full stomach. "

As she grew closer to the window, Tama's head lifted up again, remembering that she wasn't suppose to bend her neck in this place. Her eyes widened as her bare feet stilled a few steps away from the seat, the fabric settling in around her body, with the familiar weight of her war fans strapped tight to her legs. Her head tilted from one side to the other as she took in all the snow, saw the mountains, the river.  For a moment the youth thought it was a painting because she had never seen snow in a natural setting, only dusting the courtyards till salt was scattered and it was melted.

None of the worlds she had as yet been to had been by chance in their winters yet so, there she did not see snow. Tama had been though born in the winter and before the start of the next winter she had begun her imprisonment. The nearest mountains were obscured by the roof tops and on her world the winter season was still to approach. Though in her naive Tama didn't understand that this was nature at it's most beautiful, because of her long isolation from the movements of nature. If any had known about her upbringing, then they would understand her following words.

" Who sculpted that garden? It is the most beautiful I have ever seen, it must have taken years to sculpt and that would be with many hands. I couldn't even keep a flower blooming in my room in the Temple.I was always better at making machines live."

Musing on this, Tama flickered back to the one other thing she missed about the Temple besides her Godoma, her machines, littering her floor waiting to be stood on, or sitting on her desk waiting for her to realise it's purpose again. Still to even think of that fond memory brought the sting of betrayal, because now she seemed to becoming like her little machines and she had no basis in which to understand why this might be. How could a biological being, which there was plenty evidence for her to be sure that she was, like herself start growing technological parts.

While her eyes remained transfixed by the view, Tama tilted her head regarding it with great thought and wonder as to how such a thing could be produced, which only serviced to conjure strange images in her mind that all involved children in a room looking at a board, reading books and writing out essays. None of the occupants seemed to be Shade in those images, nor was the setting anything she had seen before. She twitched at her bracers absent mindedly, trying to get relief as they pressed on what she sought to hide.

In the light reflecting off the snow, Tama's sapphire blue eyes shimmered more or perhaps it was her pure appreciation of the natural world. It didn't not occur to her that she was showing her naivety and lack of experience, it wasn't like she was stupid, only her education and experiences had been carefully controlled.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 03:48:30 PM by MeredithMcKay »

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2014, 05:58:04 PM »

<Central Core>

Now that her job was done, Curessa's mind could now focus on other things. Yet she would not leave her young charge empty handed, there was no telling how long she would be here, nor indeed where her journey would take her next, so it was imperative in the Cleric's mind, that Tama would not be feeling alone. "My pardon Dori, Evia." She turned to face Tama directly. "I must leave now to attend my duties, but I leave you with this gift. It is a personal communicator attuned to me, all you need do is hold it in the palm of your hand and speak my name Tama. You can use this no matter where or how far you are from me." She handed over the rather plain greenish flattened disc, it looked like stone with a small red jewel in the centre. "You will be in good hands with these two, be not afraid to ask anything on your mind."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2014, 10:05:22 PM »

<Central Core>

<Evia Romain> NPC

Her candor was welcomed, it would seem that even though in the eyes of the Eldari and indeed Evia's folk (humans who could live for several hundred years) Tama was a mere babe, but so far, even in these few briefs moments she had shown great maturity. "It is said among our people Tama, eat like a sparrow and fly like an eagle. I am confident you will be refreshed enough." Dori told her honestly. Then Curessa added her farewell, Evia knew that was not given lightly, so she waited for the youngsters reaction.
Far Dareis Mai

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2014, 04:04:03 PM »

Tama's brow furrowed a little, before she understood what was being said to her by Dori, a little smile formed on her face while her eyes still glittered from the light reflecting from the snow outside. She was about to open her mouth to reply when Curessa made her goodbye. Suddenly Tama didn't want her to go, she'd not known her long but the kindness shown to her, being treated like an equal and an adult meant something to her.

Keeping her head lifted, as she had been told, Tama came back and used both hands to receive the disk, rather than one as a gesture that she accepted how important this was. All important documents in her culture were handled like this, even when Tama had written letters to her Godoma, the Divine Empress, she had passed them over to Suyani with both hands and it had been accepted with both hands.

" I wish you didn't have to go, but duty is as duty is. It is not a choice but a privilege or so I was taught."

Tucking the disk into the folds of her sash, Tama thought about how she had forsaken her duty by running, she remembered Suyani telling her that she was in the End Stage and that her duty was coming. Giving Curessa a smile, she tilted her head slightly, her hands placed over where the disc now resided securely. Even though Curessa was going, she felt a comfort she had only felt with her Godoma and resolved that this was enough for her to confide in the Eldari.

"I promised I will not be afraid. In the custom of my upbringing, Goddess bless you and keep you safe."

Even though it was not the Eldari way, it was Tama's way, so she bowed from her waist, her hands folded neatly in front of her and uttered a thank you sincerity and with heartfelt in her tones as she spoke them in her native tongue.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2014, 05:10:51 PM »

<Central Core>

In total silence, Curessa gladly accepted Tama's warm gesture and in return she once again lifted her with both hands on the girls shoulder's, then gently kissed her on the forehead. "I shan't be far away." She whispered, then followed with the words from her heart, words both comforting and frightening at the same time. It was spoken in Tama's own tongue.

"Dreams will comfort you and you will walk at times in peace. Be wary of the traps, there are nightmares along the road you will travel as well." A prophecy perhaps? Not from the Cleric though, she saw things clearly as if it were a vision of the past as easily as what may happen. She herself gave a slight bow, taking several steps backwards and finally turned to leave. At the door she paused. "The gardens were made by us over the course of the last three hundred years, it was the first thing we did when we awoke from our own nightmares." Then she left on silent slippered feet

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2014, 06:35:46 PM »

<Central Core>

<Evia Romain> NPC

The two as one watched the exchange between the Eldari Cleric and the young woman, both wore a rather pleased expression on their faces, both almost like twins, the two hundred year old El'dari warrior and the almost equal in age human mage from a world far from the eyes of most except the Eldari themselves. One could say even from another time and age, but no one would either admit that or tell you to your face. Suffice to say, Evia was unique in this galaxy and no one would question her being here or even why Dorestinya had her around, it was her business and hers alone. Yet the ruse was good enough, to let others think there were more just like Evia, she had trained women from a number of worlds a few basic skills in her craft, enough to make any would be aggressors think twice. They gave Tama a moment to let it all sink in.

Far Dareis Mai

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2014, 07:00:32 PM »

Lingering awhile longer on the spot, Tama felt the edges of the disc through the fabric of her sash, the words that had been spoken to her in her native language dwelling on her mind somewhat. Her dreams and nightmares were almost one, in that one lead on to another and that they were both where her mind wandered every night since she was a child. That strange human male, in that strange room with the device she now knew to be the gate between worlds.
 Of course he and that room didn't feel strange, rather they felt familiar in a way, so in that it made them strange. The nightmares though were even stranger still because her nightmares were the wraith and yet Tama had never seen one, not even a drawing yet she knew exactly what they looked like with a clarity she didn't enjoy.

Still these were just a fraction of the list of questions she had to ask, she needed to ask if she was to get anywhere in her task to know the truth. Tama had forsaken her duty for this quest, what ever that duty was.

Turning back around on her heel, Tama's hand moved from her sash to the pendant fused around her neck, rubbing the blue stone between her thumb and forefinger.

"The questions that I have are many, so many I would not try to write them down nor would I count them. However I can condense them into one, one single question and I would ask you be honest and straightforward with me, for those I thought I could trust above all have not been."

Tama's head remained level, her back straight and her sapphire iridescent eyes looking at the two women before her, her voice serious, not pleading or shaking, timid or humble. What she had to ask was important, it was the most important thing she had ever asked anyone in her short life. She strode over till she was before them both, her eyes then softened, the depth of her confusion there to be seen and drowned in.

"What am I? I know I am no..." Her voice hitched as she thought of the appropriate word to use. "... true example of a Shade and I am to believe that in part I am born out of a Human of Atlantis, that my Pai is of that people and did not want me. However it is more than just a mix of genetics that has me question what I am, but I am changing and not in a natural way, it cannot be natural what is happening to me."

Tama had not realised how much of her emotions were tied up, but there was an anger and anguish in her words. Not directed at her company of course, but those who had brought her up to hide such things and now, now Tama need not repress herself. Being so direct, rather than skirting the issue with pleasantries and deference to another was something she had wanted to be able to do but her culture forbade it. To ask the true question that she wanted an answer, rather than asking it in part, hiding the true nature, it was a relief to have it out there waiting now for a response. She had only one last thing to reveal.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 07:05:04 PM by MeredithMcKay »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2014, 10:31:35 PM »

<Central Core>

<Evia Romain> NPC

Dorinya had an inkling this was coming, not that she was even born when the El'dari were last in communication with the Shades, but as every child of the El'dari is required to read and study the histories of their race, culture and dealings with the Universe at large, she knew very well what Tama was, if not so much who she was and who donated her genes. That would come in time. So she stole herself for a very long discourse and with a gentle hand, if heavily calloused, guided Tama to the window seat. Evia followed the prompt, placing herself in front of the two by bringing a chair, it would appear to be moved as if by 'magic'. Dori didn't even blink, it was nothing out of the ordinary to her.

"You are a creation Tama. Just like our cousins, the Asgard and Vanir chose to create cloned bodies and then add the consciousness after, you were created in not  dissimilar ways. Someone wanted you for an heir I would guess by your title; you were born naturally, but a lot was added thereafter and before." She went on for some length, telling Tama much of the history of the Shades and how they mixed with the human race, much like some El'dari had done as well.

"Fascinating. I never knew this.
" Evia said thoughtfully.

"You are still but a child Evi, my genetic memories go back several million years."

"Oh pffft!"
Far Dareis Mai

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2014, 04:24:13 PM »

Allowing herself to be escorted, her heart steeled against countless possibilities as to what she might hear. Though what she did hear had been near the top of her list, but she had not really given it much weight or merit, but then she had little information to go on other than what she had overheard a year ago.

Listening though with intensity, her eyes utterly fixed on Dori as she did so, taking it all in word by word. It made sense with what pieces she had but didn't fill in the whole picture, but then Tama was still holding back a few pieces as yet.

"I know some of this, I didn't pay much in the way of history I must admit. However it has been some time since Shade and Eldari have conversed, we don't have so many human's in our society and those who are born between both people are seen as tainted now. As you say we choose to create clone bodies, but from what I remember we did not have a mass population programme, we were still learning it and perfecting it, only tiny proportion were being cloned. I think it was something like 100 years, I mean after all we aren't blessed with longevity so it wouldn't take long for a sufficient population turnaround to happen... "

Tama reasoned, dragging the few facts about her people's history by it's legs screaming and kicking, except for one fact she knew very well, because it related to the one and only person she had trusted and still did.

" When they had adequate data, they put forward the request, which after the usual political process that I never bothered to learn it became an edict or it would have but the Divine Empress in her 306th incarnation Empress Okai, refused to give her seal. The one and only time in our history this has been done and nearly caused a civil war, until she was asked for her reason. Which was "A promise was made between I and your kind, you would let me have your form and protect me and in return I would prevent you from causing your own destruction."  Which is true, that is the pact between her and us. This is why she is the last to approve edicts, why she is Empress, rather than just our Goddess. Anyway, besides that instead we began focusing on genetic memory instead as a way of preserving knowledge, but only selected individuals were chosen and any new candidates have to be put through tests to prove that what they know is vital to our race, very few pass. To my knowledge my Oma is not one of those people and I know nothing of my Pai other than his people, but not even a name."

Her eyes lowered, to look at her hands habitually folded neatly on her lap.

"Whatever it is that my Oma and Pai knew, then it must have been important for me to have been created rather than to allow nature choose my existence, yet I still do not understand why they should hide it from me, even if such stigma is attached to it, certainly my own cousin knew, she called me " Tainted Tama", it was when she broke my inner jaw I found out the truth. Knowing I am a creation, but I think they have done more than just add two genetics together and held that knowledge away from me. "

Pulling back her left sleeve, Tama started to undo the lacing on her left bracer, she was always worried it was going to slip so the knots were a little too tight to simply just undo. Tama felt now even more betrayed by her own kind, if she was created for her parents knowledge for some purpose then it was clearly tied to what was happening to her now. As the bracer came loose, the glint of grey metal caught the light.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2014, 08:37:13 PM »

<Central Core>

<Evia Romain> NPC

Both women listened intently and followed Tama's every word with deep interest. "Meddling in genetics has never been the Shade's forte young one. This is not the first time nor do I believe it will be their last to try and create something that is way beyond them." Dori said thoughtfully, hoping not to offend with her words. "They came to us when we ourselves were still coming to terms with cloning degradation, something we addressed by going back to what we were, how you see us now. We did offer our advice and guidance to not only our own brethren the Vanir and Asgard, but to your people as well and one or two others following the same path." She at that point gave a stern look at Evia; she being the last of her kind and the only example who had been 'saved' by the El'dari for the same reasons the Asgard no longer existed.

"You are not tainted or even flawed my dear." Evia put in. "That you are here tells us as much. Its simply that you are different, the same can be said if you see an El'dari with raven hair or brown eyes. They are rare, but they are still El'dari, simply different. The Guardian herself is one of only a handful with hair as I described. Now.....your Pai is it? I take that to mean the father donator to your being?"

Dori nodded slowly. "Yes, Pai is father Evia. That part intrigues me, Tama we can find out you know, would you be willing to learn this much?" Her eyes fell on the wrist devices, she had seen those before. Harmless in themselves, but harmful if the young woman were an enemy.
Far Dareis Mai
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

lethal-pageant