Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: M94-66Q: Glaðsheimr - City of Angels  (Read 3367 times)

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeredithMcKay Thumb turning green.MeredithMcKay Thumb turning green.
Re: M94-66Q: Glaðsheimr - City of Angels
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2014, 04:21:51 PM »

When Evia said that Tama wasn't flawed, the youth issued a little chuckle, remembering the night she discovered about her mixed parentage, it all came down to her inner jaw, weaker than a true Shade's would be. Still she appreciated to hear that she wasn't tainted. As she loosened the first bracer, she slid it off her arm and then undid the other. It felt good to have them out in the open. The bracers covered them, hid them from plain view as she needed not just so others couldn't see them but so she wouldn't see them either.
 As she undid the laces on the second, Tama listened on to Evia and then to Dori.

" If I could find out who my Pai is, then I might be able to get more answers about why I was created, I can't ask my Oma. I've not seen her since she signed my guardian ship to the Matriarchal Council. All I ask is for answers about what I am and what is happening to me, anything you could tell me would be helpful. I have not though had any luck trying to find out the way to the human colony on Atlantis. I was never one for biology, but I know enough to know that neither shade nor human have genes that cause these growths."

The other bracer was off now, set to her side as she held her arms out now palms up with the two gleaming silver rings at the base of her wrists, raised just above the surface of the skin and in the centre the skin had gone grey, veins still just faintly visible under the surface.

"They are still growing, but only when I sleep. It started a month ago, that was the day I chose to run away. I had been planning my escape over the last year, since I found out about my Pai being human, but when I saw this, I knew that I had to run. They were lying to me and in my society, there is no questioning your Elders, I couldn't ask for the answers I wanted. If you could help me get those answers, regardless of what they are, I would be grateful. "

Tama didn't know how dangerous these metallic growths made her, but then it was just part of the long list of things she didn't know about herself. She didn't mention the pain the growths caused her, Tama was a little too stubborn and prideful to admit physical pain to people she didn't know, but when she was back in the temple she had been terrible for milking sympathy from Suyani.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 02:36:47 PM by MeredithMcKay »

" Just because I was born for a purpose does not mean I have to resign myself to that fate."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2014, 11:05:11 PM »

<Central Core>

The bracers were a curiosity, of course Dorestinya knew exactly what they were used for, but she thought that the Shades had long since gone past that technology, but apparently not. They were still being used and perhaps it was for Tama's benefit alone she had been fitted for them. But for the moment she put them out of her mind, it was the young woman's question that was most pressing and that would be addressed first. "I will talk to you about the use for the rings, the bracers if you will shortly. The most pressing concern for you now is your lineage to you Pai and .." She was interrupted by Evia who held up her hand.

<Evia Romain> NPC

"If I may Dori. Tama, you mentioned Atlantis, the city of the Anquietas. How do you know of this place?" She was intrigued and there was a chance this might be the beginnings of an answer to the riddle.

The El'dari merely looked at her adviser, fair brows knitted in consternation. "I was about to mention that Evia." Her smile though, said she was happy Evia had some input.
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2014, 04:57:18 PM »

For Tama the rings on her wrists were of deep concern to her,she was physically changing and she hadn't an clue as to what, it frightened her deeply, more so now that she had been free of the control of the Temple, free from their restrictions on her learning. Still she had put her trust in Dorestinya and Evia, not to mention the four and half years of conditioning to obey those who were older than her was not something easily shaken.

" In honesty I only know it's name, my governess Suyani told me. The morning I ran she caught me gathering what I could together, I must have woken her which wasn't all that hard I suppose. Suyani's room adjoined my own and the walls are literally paper thin. She tried to make me stay on the grounds of duty."

Tama's voice changed as she recalled the events of that morning, sounding bitter and maybe even a little cold in talking about the woman who had raised her. The young woman's back stiffened, her sapphire eyes had grown cold to match the tones of her voice, or was that blue fire of a deep hot anger within her?

" I challenged her words, I had no duty to them, they kept the truth from me. How can someone stay to do their duty when you don't know that that duty is. I called her out on why I had to live in the Temple,. when other did not, why I hadn't seen my Oma since before my first birthday, why I so special, why I was weaker than my age mates. I asked, no I demanded, to know why she wouldn't tell me anything about my Pai, why he hadn't wanted me. In response she said " That which was the other half of you is not of our kind, he is of the human race, that which comes from Atlantis, city of the human’s ancestors."

Tama's hands trembled clenched tightly on her new robes, her eyes were threatening tears as she quoted word for word what Suyani had told her. The anger inside her ran deep, it had time to grow and brew within her and even now she restrained herself for the sake of those she shared company with. Tama had the truth kept from her, she had been lied too and she hadn't even gotten through a tenth of what those lies were.

Embarrassed, Tama turned her head away from Dori and Evia, till she could resume her composure.

"I had never heard of the place till then, yet it sounded familiar to me. I think I have been dreaming of it since... since I was old enough to remember my dreams. "
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 05:03:13 PM by MeredithMcKay »

" Just because I was born for a purpose does not mean I have to resign myself to that fate."

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2014, 05:05:30 PM »

<Gate room>

Not long after leaving her charge Tama with the city's commander, Curessa found herself back on gate watch duty, a job she relished, as it gave her many long moments of reflection and contemplation. She had to sigh though when the gate begun an outside dialing sequence, it would seem today wasn't the day she would have that peace. The last chevron locked into place, followed by a radio call. She double checked the origin address and then smiled.

{Chuck Campbell-Gate Technician} NPC

"Atlantis calling the El'dari, we have our diplomatic team on standby. Over."

"You may proceed Atlantis." She replied with an official sounding tone.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2014, 10:41:11 PM »

<Central Core>

"Hmmm." The El'dari stood and began to pace a little, every now and then glancing out the window as if to see something that would help with her next answer. Should she reveal what she knows? She she tell Tama that a delegation from the Ancient City was due here within the day and that the people coming were of a human race from yet another galaxy? She had to weigh all the facts, Tama was imbued with a device, attached through her system via neurons that would allow her to tap into technology of almost any kind, except the El'dari's own of course. There were more than enough safeguards in place to prevent that. But the question remained for her, would Tama pose a threat to this new alliance if she had access to them? Well, it wasn't the El'dari way to hide the truth, unlike the Alteran's they had met throughout the millennia.

"Somehow your elders have had access to these people who now inhabit that Ancient realm. They are not the forerunners, although we know there is a relationship with them. Some even have the gene." 

<Evia Romain> NPC

Evia could see where this was going and she had to step in to at least warn Dori. "I would advise caution as to how much you reveal Dori." Her hand was making a wave gesture, no one would know what it was for, other than Dorestinya. But effectively Evia had placed a ward around the room, cutting off prying ears. Not that the El'dari themselves aren't to be trusted, but with so many refugees inhabiting the city now, anyone of them could be a spy.

"Thank you Evia." Dori noted the gesture, then carried on. "We then shall find out Tama. Rather than use my own resources, I can tell you a delegation from Atlantis is due here quite soon. Would you like to meet them?"
Far Dareis Mai

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2014, 03:46:17 PM »

It took a few moments and her eyes following the pace of Dorestinya for Tama to resume
some measure of composure. Watching, Tama wondered what the commander was thinking,
it certainly made her nervous because it was not a likely thing for her to have confessed her secrets, till now she had been careful about what she had said because she knew a lot of her people had trading links with humans and those would be used to track her.

Tam took on board what Dori said in regards to the humans of Atlantis, it was at least a couple more facts she knew about where her Pai came from, which only added another question to her never ending list.

The iridescent sapphire eyes flickered to Evia, taking in the little wave of the hand but not understanding it but her words Tama had at least common sense to understand. She was after all still a stranger to them and Tama remembered Dori's face when seeing the metal rings, it hadn't said much to her but Tama had spent the last 3 years living in a world where little was spoken with the voice but the eyes could speak volumes. Tama of course didn't know she wasn't the only people to come to the El'dari, she hadn't been here all that long so she wasn't aware what the demographics of the City was.

When Dori next spoke, Tama didn't think she was hearing correctly at first, she thought maybe this was cruel dream perhaps for a moment but this was nothing like any of her dreams so she dismissed that. If it was a dream it was not cruel, it was everything Tama wanted and desired. Habitually her hand went to her blue stone pendant, rubbing her hand against it as inside her mind she thanked her goddess for this. All tips about how to behave from Curessa went out the window and Tama slipped naturally into what she knew. Sliding from her seat, she and folded herself at Doristinya's feet, her hands neatly laid on the floor beside her head. Tama was shaking, but it was in a good way, Tama hadn't felt so happy.

"If you could introduce me to them, I would...I would... oh my the goddess... I would be most grateful to you and all your people. I would swear my eternal gratitude and loyalty if you could do this for me. I could dance for all my days and still not repay the debt to you for this, for this would bring me all that I ask for, what more can any one want than to know where they come from. "

Tama sat back on her legs, her head raised up to look at Doristinya and then to Evia, her face now damp with wet tears of hope and joy. Since running away, without the oppressive nature of the inner temple, Tama had started becoming more emotional but then she was an emotional journey.

"I would do nothing to embarrass you, I swear it."
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 03:48:18 PM by MeredithMcKay »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2014, 08:30:32 PM »

"I don't doubt you Tama. In the very short and so brief time I have known you, my instincts tell me that you are both sincere and trustworthy." That does not come easily, at least to Dorestinya. Much has been said concerning the gullibility and somewhat naivety of the El'dari, being all too quick to trust and find the goodness in everything. Not so with the El'dari commander, her frank assessments of the races and people she met we renown, that was why she was in the position she held now. "Your word is good enough for me. Thus it will be done. I think also, your dance, would be a warm welcome for them." She returned to sit beside Tama.

The Adviser sat there in silence for a moment, pensive. "This shall prove entertaining, I've met some of these folk from 'Earth', they seem to lack a sense of culture, a little primitive I might say."
Far Dareis Mai

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2014, 11:40:49 AM »

{1st Lt. Nicholas Klose}
{Staff Sergeant Joe Suzuki}

Lorne and his men stepped through the gate, and, much to Evan surprise, they found themselves indoor, though it was still quite cold.
Woolsey will be glad to know that there's no need to walk deep in the snow...."
Nick, as any proper SGC newbie would, dropped his jaw in amazement: it was his first alien civilization, and, instead of ending up among mud and huts, he found himself in one of the most fascinating cities in the two galaxies, where everything seemed so perfect and elegant.
He thought it was impossible, but his awe managed to increase even more when he noticed the Eldari on gate duty: he almost didn't pay attention as the Major introduced the team.
"The people from Atlantis express their gratitude for your welcome. I'm Major Evan Lorne, and these are Lieutenents Nicholas Klose and Zane Kemp, And Sergeant Joe Suzuki." Lorne said, pointing at his men while introducing them.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2014, 05:19:11 PM »

<Gate Room>

With hands folded at the waist, Curessa bent slightly in recognition of the newcomers rank and title, Major translated to Force Leader in the El'dari, not a position to be sneezed at. She paid close attention to the introduction of his team as well, noting the stance, appearance and rank of each. "Welcome to Glaðsheimr Major Even Lorne and your team, I am Curessa Dumesk, Chief Cleric and Lore Keeper of the Eldar in this realm. May I thank you on behalf of our people for accepting our invitation, long overdue on our part. Please, if you would follow me." Her hand indicated the long sloping passage up towards the door some fifty metres away, still lined with rigid black armoured Death Watch guards. "Pay no mind to our security Major, this is quite normal for us, just another day." She said cheerfully, trying not to stoop or bend her neck too much, such was the height difference between her and the human guests.

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2014, 05:46:58 PM »

Trust to Tama was very important to her, never more than in the last year had she understood the true value of trust.
 Sliding her right leg forward slightly, then shifting her weight back on to her left foit, Tama rose smoothly. She may have not been taught about the universe beyond the Temple, but Tama knew at least how to be graceful. She resumed her seat again, talking a moment to move her leather bracers from the seat and letting them sit on her lap, just before Dorestinya joined her again. She liked the suggestion that she aught to perform for them, she at least owed that much for food and her bed for tonight.

" It would be a great privilage to dance for your guests. Even if they are as uncultured as you say Evia. Though I hope they have enough culture to appreciate it. Most of our traditional dances are tied to Shade history as well as our combat style, my best piece relates to the death of my ancestor Grand High Lady Akimoto Michiyo, my Oma's name sake. "

Tama felt more relaxed thinking about performing rather than the daunting task in finding our who her Pai was,let alone what the cultural background he came from. It also distracted her from thinking about the ribgs growing on her wrists. At least by the time it would come time for her to perform, they would be able to move as she needed. In the mornings it proved a little to difficult to move them.

" Or maybe something less grizzly, like the Romancing of the Divine Empress. Ooh I'm going to need to have a good think on which is most appropriate. Still I have a little time to choose it. I mean what if my Pai is one of them? I want to be making a good impression and it's your guests do I can't be letting you be embarrassed by the wrong performance. "

Tama's hands started making movements as if she had her war fans in them, rather than secured in the holsters by the side. Moving her hands now would help her be able to move later when she handled the real and very sharp war fans.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2014, 10:36:49 PM »

A gong sounded lightly, seemingly far away, like a songbird in spring on the wing; memories of a world far far away and eons ago. "Ah, it would seem that events are moving as we speak Tama. That was my herald call from the Gate room, I believe hopefully that might prove to be our visitors from Atlantis." She could have been more specific, simply by accessing one of the many interface panels, or even the small one on her belt. But the El'dari try as best as they can, when with  guests, not to be too officious with their technology.   

"The dance, Tama I am most interested in this." Evia quietly added, not ignoring Dori's announcement, but neither did she give recognition to it. To her, it was just another of the many comings and goings in the city of late. That had only come about since the El'dari began to let good folk know they were here. "Traditional dance has always fascinated me. My own culture puts great store into it, as such, when we were a thriving world...before the Wraith." That last said with sadness. "Even for a man to wed a woman, he must perform the dance of the bridal wreath."
Far Dareis Mai

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2014, 12:40:22 PM »

< Gate Room >

Zane stepped through the event horizon, careful as he took his first slow breath. He could feel the chill on his face, and knew that if he inhaled too sharply his lungs would likely spasm in shock and he'd end up coughing. His gaze landed on the tall, stately, and frankly terrifying arrangement of black-armored guards, and resisted the urge to let out a low whistle of astonishment. His attention snapped back to his CO as Lorne introduced his team, nodding at the Eldari when his name was mentioned, when all he really wanted to do was gawk at their surroundings.

He fell into step with his team, trailing behind the cleric and between the rows of guards. It made him feel very... small...
Far Dareis Mai

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2014, 03:56:52 PM »

Tama's moving hand, touched the pendant around her neck for luck as she hoped that this was the guests that she had just been informed about. She could feel her heart quicken its pace in her chest at the prospect at being so close to getting the answers she so very much desired. When she had a private moment Tama knew she ought to pray in thankfulness and for the continued guidance from her Sovereign Goddess, she would also need the spiritual strength if she was to dance for these guests, she did not want to make one mistake tonight.

Evia's interest in the cultural dance forms of her people pleased her, it was one of the few things she had enjoyed within the Temple because in dance she could escape, she could let her emotions flow through her movements and not have to endure the stifling restrictions she had lived with.

"Like I said they are tied to our history, it is traditional for the bride and any female relatives that may additionally be required, to perform a piece or pieces that relates to our particular linage, choosing prominent ancestors in order to impress the family who's son is marrying in. This is also why it is also our fighting style, since  as a people we are mainly warriors, we fight and hunt... that is the females."

By nature of their primitive ancestors, Tama's people were preditors. Females had been the ones to bring prey home and there was a theory that they had taken on human characteristics in order to entice the human's as their prey, the inner jaw concealed till the last second before they took their large mamalian prey down. Of course that was only a theory about them, very little evidence existed to prove it but many of those of Tama's people worked as hunters, bodyguards or as blades for hire. Tama wondered at times if that was what her Oma did.

With care, Tama pulled up the hem of her robe and revealed the holsters containing her war fans, she didn't think such a carrying of weapons would perceived as a threat, if they knew of her kind then they would know it was a cultural taboo not to carry them.

"These are what I dance with, war fans, each blade its very sharp so it's important that if I throw I catch it properly. I have specially designed robes with me, my good robes, for dancing in and traditionally also for fighting in. These pair was crafted specially for me but the outer work is actually taken from my Grandoma's set, though I never met her."

Tama undid the catches and slid them out, but did not open the fans at all. Showing the metal work designs on the sides of the outer slats. Tama's family name, given name and crest was on one side and on the other was a delicately inlaid beast that too had an inner jaw, but it's was open and wide ready to bite down on her enemies.

"The metal of each individual blade is folded repeatedly to give it strength and flexibility, they are in such a way that when I swing them through the air, the air flow through it causes a sing-song noise, to frighten my enemy. However it has never seen real combat, like myself."

She held them in her hands, the weight comforting but she looked down a little further at the rings in her wrists, metal growing in her body like it was natural.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 04:00:35 PM by MeredithMcKay »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2014, 07:41:37 PM »

<Central Core>

The peoples of the galaxies may be removed by the distance of the stars, but many of the traditions were much the same. So to, it was for Evia and her lost peoples, scattered now to the four corners by the constant attacks of the Wraith, giving them no quarter as that race deemed Evia's people simply too dangerous to be left as they were. "Our culture is somewhat the same, only with a little variance Tama. For us, it is the male that must perform the ritual dance and it is something that goes back to the first age. Our homeworld is one covered in tropical jungles and in that many of the ancient traditions were drawn from our worship in days of old, of the animal deities." Though so long ago in the history of the Dreidian people, the traditions were kept and mixed with the new, much like the Christian beliefs of those from Earth. 

"I have seen this Tama, it would be quite an education for you to witness." Dori added. "The war fans I am familiar with and their usage both in ritual and the practical sense. There is an art in this."

"Better the fans than the spears of the Yutiscsa Dori. Those people I am so glad we do not have to entertain." Evia's eyes rolled a little for effect. "Tama, those folk would have provided some humor for you. None more than one and half spans high (around four and half feet) with spears taller than themselves. To the effect when they did their greeting ceremony, often one or more would trip."

Far Dareis Mai

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2014, 03:24:55 PM »

The idea of a male dancing was a little odd to Tama, but she didn't dismiss the possibility since she had very little experience in meeting anyone of the opposing gender. Since running away, she had done what she could to limit her contact with them, because in her society men were the lowest in the pecking order.

"I've never seen a jungle, or even a tropical one. The only animals I knew were the birds of the Temple and the fish in the garden ponds or the fish that I ate. "

The consumption of meat was a sin for her, but mainly because it helped keep in check their natural prey drive, certain meats had lead to what was politely referred to as "incidents" by her people. So it was temple law that they abstain from the meat of anything that did not live in water.

As she was told of the Yutiscsa, the youthful face did not show signs of amusement at the discription, dance was a serious thing to her, not just because of it's close association with her people's traditional fighting style. Rising up on to her feet, Tama held her war fans out to her sides and flicked first the right then the left open at her sides, showing the carefully constructed individual blades, the sharp edges glinting from the light coming outside.  They swung downward, before being flipped upward to reach head height before being caught neatly in each hand.

"I have always enjoyed dancing, so to see and maybe learn other forms would be a great honor and pleasure for me. Though I would not think to find any form a laughing matter, such things I surmise would always be taken seriously and there is always an intent in anything, even clumsiness.

Continuing as she spoke, the war fans were moved to swap hands, crossing over before Tama's body, before being smoothly caught and transferred into the next movement to lean back with her right hand holding the fan before her like a mirror, while the other was held out behind her back. Looking in the reflection of the war fan in front of her face, Tama started to move backwards, her bare feet almost ready to trip on the hem till she said "clumsiness" and fell backwards as her heel caught on the hem. Her face changed to reflect panic as she started to tumble backwards, knowing her landing on her hand was going to hurt, or at least that was what she was portraying with her face. When she danced, she could portray the emotions and thoughts of the dance with ease, when not dancing Tama was usually reverted back to the traditional restraint she had been taught.

At the last moment she recovered herself, by letting the hand behind her rest on the floor, war fan still held and then she carried on the momentum of her fall into a handstand, carrying her robes smoothly behind her and landing in a kneeling position on the floor. Her wrists closed the war fans with a snap and laid them neatly on to her lap.

"A dance is about portraying an image to others, to make them think or feel a particular way, so maybe next time you see the Yutiscsa and their spears, watch them more closely, they maybe only portraying themselves to be unskilled. "

Her head tilted with a little smile, she wasn't trying to be rude or anything, Tama just had spent a lot of time learning about dancing and it's purpose in her culture. Tonight she would want the people of Atlantis to have a good impression of her, to feel impressed by her in the hopes that they would better accept her.

Though she would still cover over the rings in her wrists, she didn't want it to really go beyond Doristinya and Evia, unless it was necessary.

Slowly she moved her fingers one by one, she normally warmed them up before performing, the rings were interfering with her nerves at times and before her performance they would need to be properly warmed up for a full length performance rather than a little cocky display.

"You said you would tell me the purpose of the rings, if you could tell me, so I might understand why I must endure them. "

Tama had a list of questions and she needed them answered, even if she feared what the answer might be.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 05:06:05 PM by MeredithMcKay »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

lethal-pageant