Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: PG8-K59 Alpha Site~ Surface aircraft hangars  (Read 4488 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 205
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
PG8-K59 Alpha Site~ Surface aircraft hangars
« on: August 13, 2014, 02:27:56 AM »

The huge blast proof hangars of the Alpha site were on the surface, adjacent to the exit of the base itself. They were semi submerged into the granite base and had a four metre covering of reinforced concrete with a trinium shell over that. They housed twelve F302D's and six AC 401's. The hangar can be accessed directly from the base via the Ancient transporter system.

The Crew Chief is Warrant Officer T.J Meyer (Terrance, just don't ever call him that or Terry) USN
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 12:09:43 AM by RogueRanger »
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
Re: PG8-K59 Alpha Site~ Surface aircraft hangars
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 12:15:36 AM »

<Hangar Bay>

After he flashed and exited the teleporter, he was amazed by that technology. Never before it was beamed away, transferred and then beamed back. He would have to check later to count to see if he still has all his parts. He shook his head as he doesn't have any question about the AC401, but he was eager to learn.

As he entered the bay, he looked around in awe at the ships parked there. He continued to listen to the pretty lady's instructions.
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 01:09:54 AM »

<<From Gate Room>>

Being totally unflappable, riding the Lantean transporters was the same as breathing to Jordan. It was simply there and she never questioned it. She exited as calmly as you would expect a seasoned veteran to do so, except for the whisp of dark hair that fell from her cap; she ignored it.

"Those beautiful beasts are the AC401. Virtual killing machines, but they are multi purposed as well, I assume you were given the data file on them?" She asked. "General O'Neill likes to refer to them as Can openers."
Far Dareis Mai

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 01:28:59 AM »

<Gate Room>

Upon entering the room and hearing what she had to say, it was all Jon could to from exploding with glee. He felt like a kid with his plane set at Christmas. He wanted to fly each and every one of them. AC401? Hmm, nice Jon thought to himself amused. He wanted to ride at least one.

He turned to her and nodded, Yes, ma'am. It was in the briefing I received. Can openers?

He wondered why he would call them can openers.
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 08:12:41 PM »

"Can openers." Jordan repeated as they drew closer to the nearest aircraft. Its bulky shape defied both its purpose and definition, looking for all the world like a fat 302 on steroids. But walking around back to the open rear cargo ramp told you differently, big enough to sit 25 fully armed troops or a decent APV; look above from that point and you see the large exhaust nostles of her two sublight engines, with the hyper drive generator nestled in between. A walk down either side and you see two large rotating thrust nozzles; in atmosphere they work much like a Harrier's. In Space, it'll turn any direction in its own length. Above on the top, just behind the cabin is the main turret; a twin barrelled pulse weapon. Under the chin in front, two 30mm single barrelled high rate cannon.

"Most of our enemies cannot engage at close range, these can even slip under the shields of some ships and render their defeneces useless. We've had single 401's take out Goa'uld Hataks." She told him proudly, wishing that had been her. "We'll be going to our training area, some 500 miles south of here." She told him as she opened the side door, three steps led into the cargo area just behind the cockpit, two steps up and you were in the 4 seat cockpit itself. Left seat, pilot; Jordan woud sit there. Right seat, co-pilot and directly behind him or her, the gunner, behind the pilot, the tactical officer.

"For training we don't need flight suits normally, but we should just for safety. There is a locker room straight over there with spare suits and helmets. Go change and I'll meet you back here in ten minutes. Any questions?"
Far Dareis Mai

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2014, 08:43:03 PM »

<Aircraft Hangar>

Jon shook his head. He had no questions as he had read everything that passes him. He had to capability to learn and remember quickly. He was dismissed to change into his flight gear. Headed to the locker room, he took five minutes to just change into a flight suit. Taking out the helmet and closing the door, he quickly ran out and back to the hangar bay. He took several minutes to look around the bay just to explore a bit. Soon he returned and met with the commander again ready in his gear holding his helmet ready to go. He was eager to explore and learn.

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2014, 09:04:36 PM »

By the time Jon was back, Jordan was standing beside the door, helemt under arm and fully dressed in the 302 style G suit, dark green almost black. She had her side arm strapped to her leg and a zat on her hip. Just for safety she would say. "You look ready for war Lieutenant." She gave him a wry grin. "Right, lets get the show on the road, this will be more than familar. You basic fixed wing training will kick in quite quickly as well your helo training, both will be used on the 401."

A few moments later, she was sitting in the left seat, the pre-flight checks confirmed by way of computer. She waited for Jon to join her.
Far Dareis Mai

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2014, 01:45:29 AM »

"Heh," Jon remarked as he smiled amused.

He entered the 401 with some childlike awe on his face. He looked around the spacy interior of the 401.

"Ma'am, you mentioned this beautiful beast combined the elements of both fixed wing and rotary flying,  how is that so? I ask because I really wanted to get onto the Osprey earlier but, well you know, the waiting list was a mile long." he said to her and took his place on the co-pilot side. He studied the controls for a bit before him assessing how many were before him. He got his breathing under control and listened to his commander.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 01:57:43 AM by RogueRanger »

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2014, 02:15:42 AM »

"Watch and learn, and watch carefully. Because you will be training others when you get to Atlantis." That would have been a bombshell to someone who in her mind was essentially a rookie still. Silently Jordan hoped and prayed her application for Atlantis would be approved, it had been 4 months now and still no word.

"The yaw and ventral nozzle controls are on your right side, beside your seat, left side for me. The single yoke control is in front of you." She slid a control on the panel and the yoke popped up for each in front of them. "Thrust here, same as any two seat." She said, her hand on the dual control in between them. "So you will have the best of both worlds, direct flight and hover or a combination of the two."

Her hand reached up above them on the ceiling panel, a flip of a leaver and the whine of hydralics could be heard, closing the rear ramp and side door. "Your file said you have a photographic memory Leiutenant, I hope it takes nice pictures." She pressed the 'engage' button, centre top of the main panel, the HUD display lit up and she began spooling the engines, taking all of about 20 seconds. Jordan put her helmet on at that point, face mask down and then pressing the mic button.

"Alpha control, this is Lady Bird 1, request clearence for take off and transition to training area delta."

A moment later came the reply. "You are cleared Lady Bird 1, vector angels 150, south by south west."

"Roger control." She looked at Jon. "Watching?" She asked as she slid the thrust levers forward slightly and the tubby aircraft began moving out of the hangar.
Far Dareis Mai

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2014, 02:16:38 PM »

"Watching?"

Jon looked at her and nodded gulping nervously, "Yes, Ma'am."

Jon had already put his helmet on and he tapped it to make sure it was tight but breathable. He was the observer and even thought he was the co-pilot, he will be ready to take control. The aircraft slowly moved forward as he gripped the seat a bit. Soon as they got out of the hangar, he relaxed a bit taking in the broad sight of the world beyond the Alpha Site.

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2014, 11:44:18 PM »

"This bird is really flying for dummies. The eggheads who designed this thought of everything." Jordan began, making sure Jon's eyes were following her actions. She reached forward to a lever control, that had three positions; safe-cycle and lastly landing. The first position would be automatically tripped once the aircraft was back on the ground or in a carrier hangar, the second, 'cycle', would place the 401 into the automated take off procedure. That amounted to the pilot taking his or her hands off the controls until the aircraft reached a distance from the TOP (take off position) of 500 meters altitude and 2 kilometers distance. In space, that happened very, very fast.

Jordon bumped the lever down to 'cycle' with her gloved hand, took her hands away from the cotrols and the computer's took over; she checked with a quick look also to see that Jon had his hands clear as well. With amazing agility, the 401 lept forward and upwards, its earthly take off run being no more than 250 meters and soon it was climbing almost vertically, the vectoring thrusters adding to the main sublight engines. "Right Lieutenant, the bird is yours now, switch to manual, that green button top right of your panel. You will be in control, I want you to take us to 150,000 feet. The cabin is fully space worthy right as of now." She looked up to see the pressure compensator light go green.
Far Dareis Mai

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2014, 11:59:41 PM »

Jon continued to watch silently as the 401 continued its ascent from the hangar bay and the ground. It was slowly climbing up. Soon as Jordon told him to take over, Jon quickly grabbed the controls and tapped the green button indicator. It automatically switched his station to manual and he tipped the controls back as he continued ascending toward space, or rather, 150,000 feet. He had never been to space before and he was eager. While he looked ahead pushing the fighter quickly toward the sky higher up he goes, he also kept watch on the pressure indicator.

Soon, after a few minutes of flying, they were nearing the 150,000 feet limit and Jon loosened the craft as he leveled it a bit flying across the stratosphere. He was getting a bit closer to space but not quite.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 12:20:29 AM by Greenhorn »

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2014, 07:18:16 PM »

"You're doing very well Leiutenant. Proceed directly to the training area, you can see it on the Nav there." She pointed to the large blue lines around an area some 500 miles south west of the main base. From this elevation, it will take only seconds to reach. Once there, drones are launched from the surface that will simulate various types of threats and they can be singular or many at once. During this phase, Jordan would take up the rear gunners seat for a few runs, then swap with Jon, so he can see the mission from both points of view.
Far Dareis Mai

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2014, 08:23:16 PM »

<Jonathan Hope Agathon>

Jon took the lead on this and moved the craft forward swiftly. Once they reached the training area, he waited for the training to start.

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2014, 08:33:27 PM »

<<To planetary orbits>>
Far Dareis Mai
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

lethal-pageant