Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: M5X-242: Irazu  (Read 2060 times)

Atlantis GM

• Moderator with board mod
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Atlantis GM has great potential!Atlantis GM has great potential!Atlantis GM has great potential!Atlantis GM has great potential!Atlantis GM has great potential!Atlantis GM has great potential!Atlantis GM has great potential!Atlantis GM has great potential!Atlantis GM has great potential!
  • I think, thus I am.
M5X-242: Irazu
« on: August 18, 2014, 04:00:24 PM »

An uninhabited planet that holds a Stargate. There are ruins several miles away, but no evidence that anyone has been more than a mile from the Stargate in centuries. The planet itself is a class one blue giant with lush with forests and lakes. The average temperatures are between -5 and +30 Celcius. The seasons themselves are not that drastic; similar to the southern States. The gravity though is far to high for human habitation for periods longer than six hours

But it is the large moon that is of particular interest. It is known as Irazu and does support life quite well being some 7/8ths the size of Earth with much the same geography and a specific gravity of 0.98. It has been used for centuries as a place to hold Wraith worshippers and train them to recruit other humans to their cause. Of late, it is being used as a prison farm for around one hundred Athosians under atrocious conditions
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 04:43:20 PM by RogueRanger »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: M5X-242: Irazu
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 12:48:23 AM »

<UNS Dreadnought~Bridge>

<<From Atlantis>>

Right on the money. Twenty three minutes and fifteen seconds, not bad. "Good job Aria." Now to what they were about. "Attention all hands, we have arrived just short of the designated target, stopping just beyond detection range. All team leaders report to the bridge please."
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 11:22:22 PM by RogueRanger »
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Vamptonius

• Airman
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Vamptonius hides in shadows.
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 12:59:45 AM »

McKay was halfway through his second sandwich when the Dreadnought dropped out right next to the target and the summons to the bridge was murmured in his ear.  Woe betide I actually get to finish a meal for once.  He grumbled to himself.  One of the kitchen hands kept looking over to him and suppressing a grin, but Rodney couldn't figure out why.  More things to stew over.  He decided as he rose to answer the call.

He walked onto the bridge to an 'interesting' tableau.....

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2016, 11:02:26 PM »

From Dread medical section

Iora's eyes went wide with shock as she heard what Teyla and Mike was saying. There was a lot of people for 100 and there could be casualties. She was obviously concerned and responded, "I will do my best to help your people, Teyla. We will." She added and looked up just as the comm rang something about arriving to destination. She exhaled and nodded as she knew she would have to get herself ready for an off ship excursion to render aid. Obviously there would be injured and her team would be there to help. If she had to, she would defend them and even fight tooth and nail at all costs even her own.

Aria turned to Elle and nodded with a response, "Thank you." She inhaled and exhaled another breath. Imputting the codes and making sure the ship reached its destination was a lot of work. Looking around the bridge, she made her observations while she toggled the screen on her arm chair to look at the planet Irazu.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 11:05:15 PM by Greenhorn »
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2016, 09:47:39 PM »

<Bridge>

Having taken a short excursion along the way to the armory, after checking the plentiful map guides posted around the ship, Even led his small team back to the bridge after picking up spare ammunition for both their side arms and main weapon. Added to that another side arm the same as he wore being the Beretta 9mm, plus a Wraith stunner. Handy to have although he really would have like a Zat, beggars can't be choosers though.

In that time they ship had arrived at the destination, Rodney of course was there, as was Elle her XO and another he didn't recognise, although her shoulder patch said she was medic. Since Rodney was closer and since he knew the man was quite familar to Elle he asked, "Is she always this loud?" Of course Even had worked with her years ago, though in his memory he didn't recall her having such a loud voice PA or not. Kermis and DiNozzo naturally were not far behind him, though he was going to wait for Sheppard and his briefing before another word came from his lips.

Guardian452

• Airman
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Guardian452 A new starter.
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2016, 02:06:04 PM »

<<from Atlantis>>

During transit he had headed off to the armory to gather some equipment, though he hoped he would not have to use it, he ended up back on the bridge just as the exited hyperspace, the small jolt common enough after so many trips, almost like an extended gate trip.
       "So, Helen, me and the team will take a cloaked tornado in close and if everything looks ok well call back to you guys to come in closer as we land." he spoke to Elle, as he tried to add humor to his voice so as to make sure noone got too nervous.

"The Wraith? Naah. Now clowns - that's another story. Scare the crap out of me."

Vamptonius

• Airman
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Vamptonius hides in shadows.
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2016, 09:50:18 PM »

Rodney whispered to Lorne, "She's Australian." as if that explained everything.

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2016, 10:15:18 PM »

On bridge, behind Lorne

As usual both DiNozzo and Kermis was behind Lorne as if they were guarding his back. It was necessary as he was their leader for this group. Wearing their BDUs, their weapons included g36s and their Beretta as their side arm as usual. DiNozzo could use a Wraith Stunner as he wished for one and he knew that Kermis would too but not at this time.

They came up from being Lorne and Rodney but missed the coversation. DiNozzo only heard Australian being mentioned, so he gave Rodney a curious look and raised his eyebrow. He was wondering what was going on.

Bridge

Ronon looked around the bridge and kept his gaze on the group, most notably Sheppard. Touching his holster, he made sure his Magnum Particle gun was still there. Taking the hand off, he added to what Sheppard said with a grunt crossing his arms and gave a casual look, "A cloaked tornado?"
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 03:24:16 PM by Greenhorn »
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • NG is a rising star!NG is a rising star!NG is a rising star!NG is a rising star!NG is a rising star!NG is a rising star!
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2016, 03:15:49 PM »

>> From Atlantis >>

< Med bay corridor -> Bridge >

Having handed over the Hangar bay to his XO Coleman and more or less by force, ordered Rizzoli to have the Med bay and handle what ever Coleman sent his way; Mike took off towards the bridge, fuming of anger. By now he was pretty sure someone in the higher ranks definitely was punishing him by having that young Italian trauma surgeon with an ego rivaling McKay’s, under his command.
The man was good, no doubt about that, but to take orders from Mike who was military while he was a civilian… Yeah, he just had to be related to a certain physicist…

Mike stopped for a second and took another deep breath; there was no way he was going to let Rizzoli go down to the planet, no matter what he said. If bad really came to worse, he’d be in to it deeper than he ever thought possible. He couldn’t even tell which end of a gun that was the dangerous one, let alone use it.
‘And you do?’ said a small voice in the back of Mike’s mind.
‘Well at least I’ve taken the basics!’
‘Can you use it if you have to then? Shoot another human being?’ then silence.
“Crap, I’m really going nuts, talking to myself,” he muttered as he entered the bridge, still flushed on his cheeks, but his anger more under control now.
Elle would probably notice his upset state of mind, but hopefully she’d leave him be for now.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2016, 07:26:19 PM »

<Bridge>

As most knew, Elle was always forward planning, hell Mike would even tell those around them that she would have a dinner date for them planned months in advance; that was her organisational abilities. So now she was faced with on the spot work, not that she didn't have the list already in her head. "For that John you'll need a pilot and crew, Major Satterfield will be waiting for you in the hangar deck B starboard. Aria, if you wish you may go with them, John we should take this opportunity for you to get to know the Tornado." Check, that part done and well it was as Mike came in. She saw his face in an instant, he needed cooling down. Of course she knew how to do that, though now was neither the time nor place.

Ronon's question was valid, it probably didn't occur to him when he went with Teyla yesterday. "A 401 Ronon, their build name is the Tornado. Major Lorne, I'd like you to accompany Colonel Sheppard's team as back up, ideally you both can cover more ground that way. I will though say that radio coms once you're on the ground should be restricted to coded clicks. We will however keep the Dreadnought in orbital station, this area is classified red on the navigational charts, in other words, high Wraith activity. So when you get my signal if it comes to bug out, I mean it. Any questions?"

As those last words left her lips, she caught Mike's eye, giving him one of her reassuring looks that told him everything will be fine in the end. Was he taking his own team she wondered.?

Teyla felt relieved in many ways, but frightened as well at the same time. These good people were making every effort to help her and her people for no reward. Of course she was used to it from them, still it was hard knowing that the only thing she could do in return was to say thank you. The girl from the medical section startled her though, she hadn't expected her to be there. "You are coming with us then?"

<Starboard Hangar Bay>

Pushing the support crews like a demon, Alecia had every top dog in their field of expertise going over every inch of the 401 'Spirit of Liberty'. Once she was satisfied she stood back looking at the dark grey beauty, carrying every possible piece of ordnance possible and then some. She at least was ready.
Far Dareis Mai

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2016, 08:51:35 PM »

<Bridge>

"I think that answers it." Evan had met a few, there were three on Atlantis, though none of them were quite as bad as Elle. Still he knew the good Doctor MacGregor's daughter Cate reasonably well from her time on Atlantis a few years ago, to be honest she could make McFearson look like a choir girl.

The Captain gave her briefing quite professionally, he wasn't surprised as he knew she had some great mentors in the past. With nothing to ask, he could only add with a wide grin. "Great, baby sitting AR1 again." The devilish look he shot John said a thousand words.

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • NG is a rising star!NG is a rising star!NG is a rising star!NG is a rising star!NG is a rising star!NG is a rising star!
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2016, 11:02:36 AM »

< Bridge >

Mike gave Elle a nod, letting her know he’d be fine once he’d cooled off, then raised he hand and looked between Colonel Sheppard and Elle, “I’m coming with you as well. If we’re talking 100 or so people, you’re going to need all the help you can get, and even if my medics around here are very good at what they do, there are things that I can do in the field that they can’t.”
Having been part of this circus for a few years now, he knew he would be geared up within a few minutes, not being the one making them miss their flight.

He shot a fast look at Major Lorne with a hint of a grin, “Before you say anything, Major - I’ve done enough Medivacs under fire in Afghanistan to I know how to take care of myself and the people we’re picking up. I know, I won’t adding to you babysitting duties.”
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 03:59:13 PM by NG »

Guardian452

• Airman
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Guardian452 A new starter.
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2016, 05:01:18 PM »

Sheppard sighed, when Elle told him he would need a crew. Lorne as backup though, that would be needed if things didn't go right. While he admitted to himself nothing ever quite went according to plan, he always had hope it would. "Come on Lorne, lets go check out the new ship" he said, not really looking at Lorne and got a look on his face like he was headed to his ex-wives' place. "I am only going for recon nothing more, anyone who doesn't need to come unless we head to the planet should stay here. If your needed I'll come back for you" he also said with an odd look as he's used to piloting missions himself, then he quickly left the bridge trying to look like he wasn't in a hurry.

Starboard Hangar Bay

Sheppard walked in and was amazed at the new technology earth had come up with, though he had to admit he missed needing a jumper for the mission.

"The Wraith? Naah. Now clowns - that's another story. Scare the crap out of me."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2016, 01:22:52 AM »

<Bridge>

"Recon?" Elle looked curiously. John had already left before she could reply. "Teyla didn't you tell him?"

"I think I did. I better run to catch up with him then." With that she moved only to stop next to Mike and Lorne. "Thank you both for coming." She continued, throwing a look over her shoulder. "Ronon, come on!" Then she was off.

Elle's eyes followed her for a moment, then she shot a slightly bothered look at Mike, she was throwing him into danger again. "Mike, Skye, you'd better go, I hate long goodbyes." She wanted to hug him, hold him forever right there and then.

<<To Hangar bay>>

<Starboard Hangar Bay>

Alecia knew the man as soon as he arrived, he seen photos of him often enough. "Sir!" She didn't salute, merely snapping to attention. "Major Satterfield, this..." She waved at the huge grey bird behind her. "...is the Spirit of Liberty, Captain McFearson's personal bird, so we had better be sure we don't dent her."
Far Dareis Mai

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2016, 04:40:59 PM »

<<Bridge to Hangar Bay>>>

Lorne hitched his backpack higher onto his shoulders for balance, the man had a veritable barracks with armory in that thing. "I'm right behind you Colonel." He hadn't moved yet, an appropriate comment to Mike was coming. "Doc, the last combat medic who said that to me and with me giving him a doubtful reply, ended up dragging my sorry backside home in a litter, I won't be throwing any sarcastic jokes towards you any time soon. Your people are far too underrated in my books; so welcome aboard. Though I'd still keep your head down just the same." The half smile said everything.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7