Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: M5X-242: Irazu  (Read 2828 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 178
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: M5X-242: Irazu
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2016, 02:55:35 PM »

<Hangar Bay From Bridge>>

Knowing that John's misunderstanding could create all kinds of problems even in the next few minutes Teyla had to run to catch up to him, which meant being unfamiliar with the ship she was turned around twice before she managed to arrive in the starboard hangar bay. She in fact took the express elevator on the port side which indeed took her to the right level but far over on the opposite side of the ship. She realised her error when seeing rows and rows of F302's on this side instead of the lumpy AC401's. An airman directed her across the vast maintenance bay in center where she ran again, finally pulling up short of the nose of the Liberty. Puffing slightly she got the words out as soon as she was face to face with John. "We did the recon John, Ronon and I with the Major here." She looked over at Alecia for reassurance.

At first Alecia wasn't sure what Teyla was on about, it didn't take long to click though. "Sir, we're mission ready." Her eyes snapped over to Teyla for a little more information.

"I didn't quite tell Colonel Sheppard the whole details earlier of our little escapade Alecia. John, we came here early this morning while you and Rodney were busy sorting out the flooding of the city. We have mapped the entire area, where our people are, the enemy's positions and everything." She hoped that Alecia had brought with her all that information.

"Ah, yes that's right sir. Everything has been recorded on the Liberty's computers."
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • NG has a powerful will.NG has a powerful will.NG has a powerful will.NG has a powerful will.NG has a powerful will.NG has a powerful will.NG has a powerful will.
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2016, 03:19:16 PM »

< Bridge >

‘Time to put our feelings under lock and key, hun’, Mike thought when he caught Elle’s look, only replying with a slow nod. If her feelings right now were only half of his… ‘This was exactly what I meant when we where in Foreston. Are we ready to risk each others lives?’
Out laud, he said in a well practiced, neutral voice, “See you around, Captain,” then made a move -along gesture towards Bjork, “Come on, let’s go!”

As they left the bridge, Mike forced himself to switch gear and replied to Lorne with a grin that probably reveled a bit of his nervousness about getting in to what could turn out to be a very dangerous situation, “I expect nothing less of you and your men, Major. Watching my back and all that. I’ll do my best to make your job as easy as possible.”

< Starboard Hangar bay >

NPC - Dr Julianne Coleman, XO

Mike made a very brief stop at the small armory outside the hangar bay to pick up pick up vest, a helmet, his personal prepacked medical bag… and a gun.
No matter how much he hated handling weapons - he knew and understood the need for them, hence he signed one out.
With everything in place, Mike continued across the hangar bay to have some final words with Coleman as she was ordering people around, prepping the inner area to be ready once the Athosians arrived.

Coleman gave him scrutinizing a tip to toe glance as he came close, “If one didn’t know you any better, you could be mistaken for being a Marine… and that’s bad…”
Mike looked down at his black pants and boots, “Yeah, well, this sort of blends in better than a lob coat and I thought scrubs would be a bit cold down there…” then looked around the area, “Everything set up? Food on the way?”
His XO nodded, “Yes almost. We’ll good to go as soon as they start coming up.”
Mike smiled, “Good. Nice work!”
“Look, ummm…” Coleman hesitated for a second and looked around to make sure none of the other staff heard her, “No matter how much I agree with you, I think you made yourself an enemy today by ordering Rizzoli to stay behind.”
“Well let’s just say that he’s got an attitude he needs to work with to survive around here.”
“He’s got a lot of friends up in the higher ranks. In the IOA and beyond that…”
Mike let out a grunt, “Yeah, well I’ve got some friends too. He had it coming. And now he’s got to deal with it. Don’t worry, I’ve been in trouble before, I can handle it. Besides,” His face split up in an even bigger smile and he put the helmet in place, “now I’ve got you to pick up the pieces. Just keep a close eye on my infirmary while I’m gone, ok?”
Coleman shook her head, “You’re insane, you know that?”
The CMO started to back away and turned around to move on towards the 401, waving a hand at her “Yep! That’s what keeps me going day after day after day at this place… See you around XO.”
He couldn’t hear her reply, but figured it was more or less a curse about him being totally impossible; he’d heard that one before coming from her, and a few others and normally he shrugged it off, but this time it stuck a bit longer than usual.
Mike pulled in deep breath in an attempt to clear his mind and hurried over landing area towards the 401.

When he came up to the entrance where the others were assembled, he looked between Sheppard and Satterfield, “So, when do we leave?”

Vamptonius

• Airman
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Vamptonius hides in shadows.
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2016, 05:25:32 PM »

"Just as soon as I know what's on this ship so I can fix it when it fails at the worst possible moment."  Said Rodney gloomily as he appeared and adjusted the weaponry about his person so it was at least somewhat comfortable.  "Just because I'm the lead scientist in this galaxy everyone thinks they can build stuff without consulting me."

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2016, 11:09:24 AM »

Both DiNozzo and Kermis stayed quiet like little soldiers as they listened to the conversation between Lorne, Sheppard and Jaworski. Feeling they had nothing to say or contribute, they just followed Lorne out. When it comes with the real mission, they knew what to expect. They headed toward the hangar bay where the real mission will start. To rescue Teyla's people and defend them if under attack. They had to expect anything that could happen. They were armed and ready.

<<From Bridge to Hangar Bay>>

Aria turned to Elle and nodded, "Yes Ma'am." She wanted to go as well. It was an opportunity that she didn't want to miss. Turning to Ronon, she nodded at him wondering when he'll start moving.

Ronon caught her glance and grunted nodding back. He attempted to respond to Elle's description of the tornado with a nod remembering the recon mission they headed when he joined Teyla that one time. It was hard to forget. However, Teyla spoke interrupted his line of thought beckoning him to come along. He finally spoke, "See you, Legs. Coming Teyla."

<<Aria and Ronon to Hangar Bay>>

Skye was packing her bag a little bit. Just shoving things down in a hurried pace. When Mike passed her saying come along, she looked up with a response, "Coming." Taking the bag by the handle, she hoisted it on her back and left the bridge following him. Next, she needed to get a gun for her persons. She had training, not just with guns but with kickboxing. She had the skill. Aria trained her personally with mixed martial arts, so she was strong. Not as good as Aria was to her equal, but good.

<<To hangar bay from bridge>>
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Guardian452

• Airman
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Guardian452 A new starter.
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2016, 03:02:34 PM »

Sheppard saw the shadows of several people enter the bay as he entered through the Tornado's hatch, if only to see some of the new tech, after all being in Atlantis he didn't get to the home-world much. Having heard mumbles from outside he rose his voice so that those outside could hear  him "Come one people lets move" he said as he headed for the cockpit, even if they wouldnt let him drive he needed to be there.

"The Wraith? Naah. Now clowns - that's another story. Scare the crap out of me."

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2016, 09:16:47 PM »

<Starboard Hangar>

Lorne garbled a response to Mike since he was so distracted by the beauty sitting right there in front of him. Its dark grey fat silhouette looking for all the world like a pregnant Canadian goose with attitude. He liked what he saw. "That'd be my job Doc." Then just as he was about to walk up the rear loading ramp, something else caught his attention, six camoflaged vehicles sitting in a row behind the second and third 401's on the line. "Excuse me Major Satterfield, what are those for, or whom I should ask?"

He was about to call out to Sheppard, telling him to keep his Coloness shirt on, but he refrained for the moment. He'd see and hear it soon it enough; the man must have missed it. But he did have something for McKay. "As I understand it McKay from reading the brief of the 401, you had quite some input into it yourself, so if anything does go wrong we can all blame you can't we?" Grinning now, a happy camper.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2016, 11:40:29 PM »

<Starboard Hangar>

The young Major was now wearing the broadest smile ever when she heard Lorne's quip to McKay, sometimes she wondered how he ever got so far when he forget the things that he himself had worked on. But then again, she wasn't much different to him either, having a Doctorate in Physics and Nuclear science herself; she knew how easily people like them were distracted.

It was though, just as she started to move inside that his question to her stopped her mid stride. "That Major Lorne is the LRPV, an acronym for Long Range Patrol Vehicle. They were especially made for SG teams who as you know Stargate Command found that often where a team had to go was in many cases quite some distance from a stargate. They are quite handy really, light and fast, and as you can see heavily armed." That was all she needed to say, continuing her way through the rear end all to the cockpit.

There were four positions there, pilot/captain front left, co-pilot front right, gunner rear left and TACO (tactical officer) rear right. As she picked up her helmet along the way she began sorting out places. "Commander Israel will be co-pilot on this op Colonel." She began by saying to John. "You sir can take the Gunners spot, if need be, you'll love it, no different to X-box. Teyla you need to be up front with us so you can double check with me visually that we hit that same spot we did earlier, so you'll be in the TACO seat opposite the Colonel, everyone else in the rear please. You'll need headsets that are nearby each seating position, it is quite noisy in back." That was it, Alecia then sat in her own place going quickly through the pre-flight.

Teyla had no need to be 'asked' twice, John never 'told' her to do anything at all. "Come along Rodney, Ronon. We have a job to do, without needing to be prompted by John." She went in through the side door, then up into the cockpit acknowledging the orders she heard clearly from Alecia. It was the same seat she had sat in before; the same helmet still in place, she put that on, then strapped herself in. Teyla was well aware of the shock this little craft gave on take off.

Far Dareis Mai

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • NG has a powerful will.NG has a powerful will.NG has a powerful will.NG has a powerful will.NG has a powerful will.NG has a powerful will.NG has a powerful will.
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2016, 02:19:31 PM »

< Starboard Hangar bay >

Mike raised a brow, ‘That was… different,’ at Sheppard’s yell from the inside of the ship, but shrugged it off and followed suit.
He walked up the ramp and took a seat close to the cockpit. Before strapping in, he put the bag under his seat, then leaned his head towards the bulkhead and closed his eyes for a few seconds.
Not that he’d ever had a tendency towards motion sickness, but getting in to the unknown usually needed a bit of calming down and getting the adrenalin under control. A couple of more deep breaths, and Mike felt his heart rate slowly dropping back to its more normal 50 bpm’s.

Vamptonius

• Airman
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2016, 08:03:44 PM »

" I may have invented it," he spake unto the assembled with a dark expression upon his countenance, which lightened greatly to something slightly mischievous when his glare turned towards Satterfield, "but there's always some bugger sticking their oar in and changing things entirely once it gets to production.  So, what did you do?"

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2016, 01:09:47 AM »

<Starboard Hangar>

That was the answer he was hoping for. "Colonel." He called to Sheppard. "I know we don't have much time, but I think we should take one of those." He was in the rear, pointing to the vehicle. Hopefully McKay had nothing to do with that one.

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2016, 09:06:14 PM »

Aria looked at Sheppard and rose her eyebrown as a small smirk formed half slightly on her left cheek. She quickly hid it as she shook her head and spoke chiding him in a polite manner, "Hold your horses, Colonel. We're getting there. The Major's right. I will be taking the co pilot seat at this time. Major.' She spoke acknowledging the woman before she took her seat at the other side. While she waited for the others to be read, Aria prepped the pre flight controls.

Behind her, DiNozzo and Kermis both looked at the colonel. DiNozzo rose his eyebrow and nudged the corporal with a whisper, "Looks like someone's on fire today." He said that jokingly and Kermis just gave him a look and shrugged. They both too their place as usual next to Lorne. They were ready for anything.

Ronon stepped in sync with Teyla with a nod, "Alright. After you." He took his seat as directed by Satterfield. Apparently she was in charge. Looking across from him, he noticed the medical tech still sorting her bag. He grunted getting her attention, "Hey."

Iora was focused on her medical bag that she looked up and noticed the big man looking at her. They never met yet, so she spoke, "Yeah?"

"You ready for this?" Ronon asked wondering.

Iora nodded with a shrug as she smirked speaking softly, "Hell yeah. You?"

Ronon shrugged pulling out his big weapon and responded checking the cartridge on it to make sure it was full, "Yeah." He grunted again.

Iora looked at it and gulped nodding with a smile as her European accent showed, "Cool. Hey. Don't think I saw you anywhere, but I heard of you. Call me Skye."

"Skye," Ronon spoke closing his weapon and holstering it before touching his chest replying before leaning over on his seat, "Ronon. Stay close. We don't know what to expect other than assisting Teyla's people."

Iora smirked putting her bag aside and buckled up. She responded, "You think I'm a medic meaning I can't fight? How little you know. Why don't you stick close. It might get too crazy for that big bad baby you have in your holster, Ronon."

Ronon offered a half smile as he offered a grunt. Now that he would have to see how she fares in this real mission cause it could be her first.
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Guardian452

• Airman
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Guardian452 A new starter.
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2016, 09:43:15 PM »

"Sorry major, we need the space. Flying is better anyway." he replied to Lorne, as he took his seat and swiveled  it around and did a quick check to make sure the controls were working, well as best he could without firing anything as noone who was posted on the ship would like it much.

"The Wraith? Naah. Now clowns - that's another story. Scare the crap out of me."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2016, 06:19:28 PM »

<Starboard Hangar>

Before she set them on their way, Alecia turned behind her looking down the stairs at McKay. "What did I do? Not much other than I was on the testing team with Colonel Carter and Jennifer Hailey along with Lieutenant Colonel Davis. We made sure these babies worked 110% before the production order was given. Hiccups McKay, yeah there were a few with your miniaturized hyper drive, as in it didn't work initially. You'll be pleased to know that Sam Carter and Bill Lee fixed that for you..oh and what else? Oh yeah I blew up the Sun Tzu. So really not much." She had to restrain herself from laughing simply because blowing up a ship that should have been one of their own along with all their crew wasn't a pleasant thought. If only they hadn't succumbed to the Trust operatives those people would still be alive today.

She heard the conversation between John and Lorne, a shame she thought. But then if they did find they needed one she could always come back. "Okay then people, buckle in tightly, this is not a Puddle Jumper." While the 401 had inertia dampeners, they weren't engaged until they were clear of the ship, the take off is around 5g's.

"Commander Israel we have clearance, auto engaged." Everything done on the 401 had a procedure by the book. The co-pilot checking the pilot on every move they made. Alecia closed the doors with a flick off two switches, making sure with her camera feed everyone was inside and sitting in their seats with belts on, and that outside all was clear. The deck Chief gave her the thumbs up. "Colonel Sheppard, I'll make sure you get the training video when we get back, other than that you only need to watch closely, its basic." The only difference would be, that taking off from one of the piers on Atlantis is in manual mode, from a ship, its automatic. Alecia watched for the lights at the end of the long hangar run way, red at the top, four orange then a single green. When that lit up, she engaged the auto sequence, the big blue button center of the console; with both hers and Aria's hand on the drive control together, they pushed it fully forward, the rest was done by the ship. "In three..."

To someone watching from the outside, it was akin to seeing a fighter catapulted from an Air Craft carrier, only there was no catapult, merely the immensely powerful engines of the 401. Within 5 seconds they were at 450 knots and a kilometer from the ship.

Teyla had been through this twice already, out to the planet and back, yet neither time did she experience the exhilaration of the ship board take off, she just had a second to glance back in the back compartment to see that everyone was okay when the 401 shot out without warning, other than Alecia's three second warning. They force of the exit whipped her back around smartly, the helmet she wore cushioning the impact on the back of her seat. "That was exciting." She mumbled, unsure of the impact for those sitting sideways in the rear end.

Once out into the dark starlit night of space, Alecia banked and turned away from the Dreadnought, tapping a signal back to the ship they were on their way. She checked the 401's computers so that they could touch down on exactly the same spot as before. "Switching to cloak." She said reaching for another 'red' button in the center overhead console; nothing to feel inside of course. Then swooping down silently as she set to 'glide' for the 401 to gently drop down with a soft whoosh as it turned and angled to wash off the speed. Moments later they were dropping vertically until a light 'bump' told them they were down. "Over to you Colonel." She said casually. It was now Aria's turn to go through the run down procedure, starting with setting the main generator to idle.

It was still dark, a few hours before dawn, so they had time. The camp was down by the bend in the river, about 800 meters away from the small hill the 401 sat upon.

Far Dareis Mai

Vamptonius

• Airman
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2016, 03:10:15 AM »

"That's how you kiss a leaf to a pond."  McKay muttered to himself.

Vamptonius

• Airman
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2016, 12:01:09 AM »

Louder, he continued, "So, anyone else bring snacks?"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

lethal-pageant