Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: PG8-K59 Alpha Site - Planetary orbits  (Read 4930 times)

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 56
  • DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
Re: PG8-K59 Alpha Site - Planetary orbits
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2014, 12:04:49 PM »

Time: Alternate Universe, Present
AC401 fighter "Dragon Spirit"

One of the LA fighters managed another burst of fire hitting the flank of the AU Commander O'Neil's ship shuddering her vessel. Another fire from the Dragon Spirit firmly hit the fighter and the second exploded during transit. Inside the Spirit, Akela got another hail from the Commander's ship as she opened it, "Commander, go now. Bring reinforcements. I will head back and..."

The last LA ship fired another round into the back of the engine compartment cutting through the engine and the AU Commander's ship exploded sending a shockwave that shook the Spirit.

"Commander," Takeda half shouted and proceeded with her orders, "Hope, open hyperspace coordinates now! Enter our destination."

AU Jon silently inputted the coordinates from his pilot chair. The hyperspace window opened. As the last LA ship fired an energy missile into the Dragon Spirit's bow, the Spirit jumped but not before being surged with energy. The surge of energy overloaded the pilot section of the ship and a panel exploded into fiery sparks as it hit Jon on his face. The hyperspace surged for a brief moment as the Spirit stayed on for a bit before exiting the window.

Akela turned to her pilot and gasped as she screamed, "JON!"

Jon's face was burnt and he was unconscious. Akela was filled with grief looking at him but Takeda snapped her out of it, "Lieutenant, report! What happened?"

Akela touched the side of Jon's neck to feel his pulse but she didn't feel it. He was dead. She gasped trying to focus, "I-I don't know sir. I don't know what happened. Jon didn't make it. He..."

She closed her eyes to hold back her tears as Takeda turned around toward the cockpit and responded, "Then we must make sure his death is not in vain. Where are we?"

As Akela was about to respond, the ship got hit again by an assailant. She brought up her screen and responded confused, "Sir, we are back to the same coordinates of the Alpha Site, but the planet is different. We are being attacked by more LA ships however."

The Dragon Spirit rumbled some more as one of the LA ship started picking on it. Akela did her best to maneuver her way while AU Aria Israel continued firing back. Takeda left his spot on the Tac chair to head toward the pilot section of the 401. He felt his pulse and swore inwardly as he responded softly, "Lieutenant Agathon, you will not be forgotten for your sacrifice."

Takeda gently moved him away from the chair and laid him on the floor crossing his arms onto his chest. Getting up, he took the place of Jon's seat as Akela responded again, "Sir, I am also detecting additional AC401s in the area. We are not alone."

"Open the channel," Takeda responded as the ship continued to shudder from the blasts from the LA ships. Akela turned on the com and nodded as the Japanese-Australian spoke, "This is Commander Takeda Akira to all ships in the area. The Dragon Spirit requests aid in this battle."

From the outside observer, the Dragon Spirit was battle scarred from multiple energy blasts being hit. Surprisingly the tough 401 survived and was still in ship shape, but inside of it, many consoles including the gunner section was close to being damaged and needing repair.
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2014, 12:17:18 PM »

Lady Bird One

Jon nodded and responded with firing more hits on the Ha'Tak cruiser. The cruiser kept flying and running but Jon was unwilling to let his target run away. He scored a few more hits on the ship's critical systems taking it out. Right on that moment, an energized hyperspace window opened for a brief moment and then exploded as an battle damaged and scarred AC401 flew straight out of it. Jon spoke up as he got another bogey on his sensors, "Commander, we have another ship on sensor!"

He was confused looking at the sensors. The AC401 looked the same but he never saw it before. Maybe it was one of the fabled lost 401 fighter he was thinking to himself. Not before he had a chance to speak up, the console on Jordon's side beeped as an comm message came from the ship itself,

"This is Commander Takeda Akira to all ships in the area. The Dragon Spirit requests aid in this battle."
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Character List

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 83
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2014, 05:50:12 PM »

Teya got her sites set on her target.  "Got it!" she said, hitting the release button on Lucille's command.  The missile hit it's target and she grinned.  "One down," she said, looking around at the others.  Teya furrowed her brow.  "I don't recognize that name, do you?"

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 233
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2014, 09:38:27 PM »

<Lady Bird1>

All three Hat'aks were now damaged seriously enough for the ground batteries to come into play; that would leave the 401's a merry dance to be had with the Al-Kesh and the Lucian Alliance to realised that as one Hat'ak made to start their hyper drive engines. They to knew they might have a chance, a slim chance of success if they could eliminate the Alpha Site's 401's and in that, each of the three rather damaged Hat'aks launched their remaining Al-Kesh, still no Gliders which was a blessing. But another six Al-Kesh was going to give the little Alpha site squadron a heartache if they were off their game.

"Christ!" Jordan swore as the repercussion from a blast knocked the Lady Bird aside for a moment, she did manage to regain control but it was with difficulty. She opened a channel back to base. "Ground control, the Hat'aks are all yours now." The message went with a silent prayer that the missile stations were on the ball. Her prayer was answered only a few seconds later when an alarm sounded on her panel... "Incoming!" She screamed, a waring to the others to steer well away from the Hat'aks. 

"Switch to the 25mm Lieutenant, I'll handle....." She began as she lined up another of the Al-Kesh, well out of range of the larger ships and right on the general's tail. Then the most extraordinary thing happened, a radio check out of nowhere. She neither knew the name, nor the 401's ID, but she could see the craft was in deep trouble. "Break, break Dragon Spirit, or whoever you are. You've got two bogeys on your six!"
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 08:48:08 PM by RogueRanger »
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2014, 04:41:27 PM »

<Iron Maiden>

"Now there is a pretty picture folks!" From her position, seeing those mines explode all around the Hat'ak certainly was a sight to see, better than any fourth of July she could imagine. Perhaps not as patriotic, but still a wonderful thing to behold. Lucille then returned her focus to the next phase, eliminating the remaining Al-Kesh, but not before moving her small craft out of the way; Jordan's warning did not go unheeded. "Girls, get your collective arses out of the area now, move it or die..we have a battery of mark five missiles coming up." Her head was now moving left to right as the Iron Maiden shot away from the immediate battle zone to a new one, with Al-Kesh now running rampant among them.

"Teya, target that bogey on Jordan's six, use the pulse gun, I've got a bandit right here in front of us." Then the dance began, Lucille went in hot pursuit of one LA craft and the pilot was good, no dirt farmer this one. "Collins! Break right!" She screamed as another Al-Kesh appeared from behind the Pink Parrot.

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2014, 01:33:42 PM »

<<Dragon Spirit>>

"Break, break Dragon Spirit, or whoever you are. You've got two bogeys on your six!"

Hope was dead. It all seemed lost as time slowed down. Akela watched her mate on the floor dead. Several LA ships outside of the Spirit tailed his arse as it the 401 appeared out of nowhere. Fired on her making the tough, resilient fighter shake with each hits. Constant stream of fire and explosions continued flying from the muzzle of the 401's weaponry as the AU Aria Israel continued her focus firing back not noticing they had lost someone close to them. Time continued to echo as Akela held back her tears and Takeda continued to fly the ship through his sweat. Hope was gone and he knew that.

Time resumed as the Japanese Australian turned back to his copilot and shake her awake, "Lieutenant, I need you to focus! Now!"

The British pilot nodded and grabbed the controls as the Spirit broke to her right neatly missing another salvo from the two LA ships. AU Aria pushed another fire from her salvo and managed to take one of the bogeys out. She let out a war cry and shouted turning back to Takeda for a brief moment, "Got one, Ryuu. I'm almost out of ammo so I can't keep this up for any longer!"

Takeda nodded, his silence only answered her when he kept his focus on keeping the tough bird alive by anticipating his enemy movements and break flying the moment they open fire. The Dragon Spirit would only go as far as it could to stay alive, but how long will it go without Hope piloting it?

<<Lady Bird One>>

"Switch to the 25mm Lieutenant, I'll handle....."

"Yes, ma'am," Jon responded.

In the gunner station, Jon immediately recovered himself and switched to resume firing his other salvo of ammo against the Ha'tak firing at them. The Bird continued its maneuver around the big LA ship. Already, Jon was sweaty and tired but he wouldn't quit. Not now. Not even. At least, not until he was dead.

He was determined to stay alive and to hang on. Not only for his Commander but for the entire purpose of the survival of humanity into the stars.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 08:48:43 PM by RogueRanger »

Character List

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Staff-Team A new starter.
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2014, 08:04:28 PM »

{ Captain Ryse Collins }

Ryse just nods that she'd tell Turk when to drop the mines. She's just waiting for the word from their leader. She'd caught the bogey as well and mutters outlandish curses and oaths under her breath, including threats against the pilot's ... bits.

"Turk, hold fire." She calls and without waiting for confirmation (flying with an old friend really was like riding a bicycle) does a 180 spin on her Y axis, to see that Chalmers' bird had put it into a spin. For good measure, she aim some more canon fire at it and watches it explode. "Not taking any chances that he could fire back." She mutters to herself.

When she gets back into position, she gawks for a moment as another 401, whose call-sign she doesn't recognise, appears out of what appears to be a Hyperspace window. But she doesn't have time to make any comments before she's ordered to break. In a fraction of a second, they've spun again and are moving away from the bogey. "Turk, get that second bogey!" She shouts, performing some maneuvers you couldn't do within gravity's grasp.

"Where the hell are these things coming from?" She shouts into the comms and begins firing at the nearest Al'kesh. Reading the sensors, she makes a few lightening calculations.

"Turk, divide the mines between that new Al'kesh - the smaller ship - and the two over there!" She indicates the ones nearest them.

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2014, 10:28:21 AM »

Teya spun in her seat. "On it," she said as she armed the gun and fired, hitting the ship on Jordan's tail.  She glanced to where the new ship had appeared and things didn't look good for them. "I think they need some major help," she said, gesturing to the new arrivals.

They would have to see later just who these new ones were.  Until then though if they didn't help then they wouldn't have the chance to ask any of those questions burning through their minds.  Teya turned her attention back to the battle and aimed for another bogey.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2014, 12:19:08 PM »

< Pink Parrot >

"On it," Turk responds, aiming for the bogey Ryse had indicated. There was a brief chase and dodge, coupled with some colorful language, before Turk was able to wrench the bird around and finally nail the bugger. It exploded in an impressive display as they were scrambling away as per the general's orders.

At Ryse's directions she nods and gets to work. "No problem." She fires the cannon at one of the enemy ships, disabling one of its thrusters, and watches with a small smile as it starts to arc around in a circle, unable to compensate. Grinning, she darts and dances the 401 through the field of fire, dropping the mines as instructed.

"So who's the new guy?" she asks, keeping an eye on the ship as it took out a couple of the smaller LA ships. "They look a little worse for wear."
Far Dareis Mai

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2014, 08:58:14 PM »

<Lady Bird1>

One moment Jordan was flying through the maelstrom of battle, then the next it seemed that a glow of calm washed over her, until she realised that glow was the exploding Hat'aks. They didn't stand a chance from the missile battery once the 401's had damaged their shields and in micro seconds the shock wave would wash over them as well. "Brace, brace!" She screamed out over her radio as she pushed the Lady Bird's control full down and full power away from what would be devastating. Her eyes caught sight of the other two, no three 401's and only one was in direct line of sight of the blast. "Oh my..." The words stopped dead in her mouth as the Dragon Spirit buckled from the wave and began to break apart.

Her hands were now working over time, the Lady Bird was safe. "One life sign!" She called to Jon. "Grab him in the Asgard beam and dump into Collin's ship, she's closest to him." Time was essential if that one individual was to survive.
Far Dareis Mai

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2014, 09:19:56 PM »

<<Dragon Spirit>>

Steady stream of fires came from opposite directions between the Spirit and the Ha'tak cruiser. The other bogey that was tailing the 401 was destroyed but not before it sent another missile right at the gun. AU Aria was too focused on her continued fire she didn't notice too late with the energy surged at her gunnery station. Takeda noticed but he was too late as he yelled at her to watch out. The station glowed for a brief moment as it exploded right at her face throwing Aria flying into a bulkhead. She was killed instantly with the force snapped her neck.

Takeda was wide eyed with grief to see her die. Then multiply hits totaled at the hull as the Spirit buckled with strain. Another energy surged across the pilot station and hit Akela as she screamed out when the console burned her flesh. Takeda was thrown clear as well from his pilot chair. He grunted hitting the deck painfully.

<<Lady Bird One>>

Jon's eyes was open wide open. The Dragon Spirit seemed to buckle under the strain and suddenly started glowing in a beautiful way until it started to break apart. He obeyed her instantly as he scanned for that one lifesign from the Spirit and beamed him away safety to Collin's ship. Turning to the Commander, he nodded, "It's been done, Ma'am. The only lifesign from the Spirit is onboard the Pink Parrot"

Meanwhile on the Pink Parrot, Takeda found himself lying on the floor at an awkward position. A moment ago, he was onboard his ill fated Dragon Spirit and then all of a sudden felt his body light up as if he was being ascended to a higher state of being. He always wanted to be ascended. One day. Daniel Jackson and Cate did it once. It could be done. At least once. However, to his dismay he found himself on a new yet somewhat familiar ship.

He tried to get up but he groaned in pain holding his sides. Soon he realized that he broke a rib. All of them.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 09:21:35 PM by Greenhorn »

Character List

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Staff-Team A new starter.
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2014, 09:56:41 PM »

{ Captain Ryse Collins }

Ryse braces herself for the shock wave, feeling a bit giddy over the defeat. But she knows it ain't over till the fat lady sings. "You've got as much information as I do, Turk." She comments as she hangs onto the controls, keeping them from being tossed around like a tugboat in a hurricane. Fortunately, the open comms gives her the heads up about the life sign o she's ready for the sudden blast of light that settles into the form of a human body.

"Looks like you'll get your answer," The pilot says and nods her head towards the man on the floor. "Go check him out." She orders, knowing that Turk will understand that she's not just talking about his injuries.

"One male aboard Pink Parrot," She confirms to the others. "Stand by for stats."

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2014, 09:24:06 PM »

<Iron Maiden>

"Major help indeed!" The Iron Maiden arced up and over at Lucille's deft touch of the controls, to the extent her expertise by total accident took her to the edge of the blast area; that in effect pushed the little ship further away, yet closer to the nearest Al-Kesh. Reaction time here was imperative, but you could be forgiven for age now and then, at least that was the theory. "Argh!" Lucille grunted as a blast from another Al-Kesh took a large chunk out of the port side vertical tailfin. She had landed Teya and herself right in the middle of a new fight, the other 401's occupied with their own dramas. It didn't help that with the destruction of two Hat'aks and one badly blazing, they had emptied out their remaining support craft; there were now seven Al-Kesh in the fight and four of them surrounding the Iron Maiden.

"Targets of opportunity girls and make some of those nearest to me. A little help." She called over the radio. "Teya, for God's sake, take that bastard off our rear!" Her own gun controls were targeting one in front of her and that one loan Al-Kesh was giving as good as it was getting.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2014, 04:17:34 PM »

<< Pink Parrot >>

"Handing all controls over to you," Turk intones, flipping the switch to render her controls inactive as she swiftly releases the harness latches keeping her in her seat. She kneels next to the newcomer, deliberately not thinking of HOW he got here (there would be time for that later), and reaches out to lay a hand on his shoulder as he stirs and tries to get up, only to collapse with a painful groan.

"Easy," she says softly, taking in his uniform and rank. The first thing she notices are his rank badges, which prompt her to tack on a slightly belated, "Sir." She frowns, scanning the rest of his uniform and noting several minor difference from their own, above and beyond the fact that he was Navy. She glances over her shoulder at Ryse. "Captain, I don't think he's from around here...."

She turns back to their newly-arrived guest. "Lieutenant Commander, I am going to give you a basic medical field assessment, and I will try to be a quick and gentle as possible while still being thorough. Do you understand?"
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 04:22:23 PM by ShelBel »
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2014, 05:20:36 PM »

<iron maiden>

Teya was knocked against the seat and winced slightly.  Well, that would teach her to let her guard done. "On it," she answered, remaining her gun.  She wasn't going down without a fight and this was one fight she didn't plan to lose.

"Don't they ever learn?" She snarled, taking aim and firing.  A blast sounded behind them and she smirked.  That should teach them.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 08:59:25 AM by sorra »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7