Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14

Author Topic: PG8-K59 Alpha Site Briefing room 1, level 12  (Read 4561 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
PG8-K59 Alpha Site Briefing room 1, level 12
« on: August 27, 2014, 08:46:07 PM »

Unlike the SGC, on the Alpha site there are two briefing rooms. This one is more like a conference room, it is large and has several tables as well as the main centre table. It acts also as a secondary Command centre and in times of emergencies, it can be used by the medical staff as an emergency holding room. It was modern and spacious, doubling as the base cinema when not in use for official purposes.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 07:08:21 PM by Mim »
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
Re: PG8-K59 Alpha Site Briefing room 1, level 12
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 09:04:23 PM »

<<From City>>

The Marine, despite Rachel's initial misgivings drove quite well really, fast but safe and in no time they were pulling into the underground car pool, parked and on their way into the interior of the base. Between both Joarm and herself, they managed to get Flynn in the elevator and they were on their way pretty smartly. "You're doing well with those crutches Flynn, almost as fast as our pony." She said light heartedly as they rode up the levels. To Joarm she said with compassion. "Jorsh, I hope your people will be safe, I saw many of the children and elderly gathering here on our way. My prayers are with them all."
Far Dareis Mai

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 10:22:13 PM »

<<From City>>

Usually Joarm was the one driving the Humvee, but this time he was the passenger. He understood why, but sat there anyways. As the vehicle pulled into the car pool and parked, Jorsh got out and helped Flynn to her feet. He followed them to the elevator and it rode up into the base. Rachel turned to him and asked which Jorsh bowed his head in respect as he responded, "Thank you. It is my hope that my people will be safe.

The elevator continued it's journey.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 08:28:36 PM by Greenhorn »
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 10:34:57 PM »

<<From City>>

Flynn still couldn't believe everything that was happening.  Their nice day had certainly gotten ruined quickly.  She worked with them as they helped her out of the car. "I had a good teacher," she said, trying to smile.  It wouldn't do any good to be depressed or anything.  It wouldn't change things.  She would just go and do whatever was expected of her next.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2014, 09:56:11 PM »

They had initially started in the briefing room, but after a time, when many of the locals had sent their children to the base, they all moved to the cafeteria, if for nothing else but to watch over and look after the kids. Not always the easiest of tasks, especially given the panic and fear those little ones must have felt. But it was something that all three of them seemed to take great pleasure and pride in. Soon, after some time, the all clear was sounded and the children were picked up one by one by their parents until Flynn, Joarm and Rachel were alone again. It didn't remain quiet for long as Rachel had been called to duty in the infirmary.

Turning off that annoying pager on her hip was always a relief. "Flynn, Joarm..I've been called to duty. I would take both of you with me, but as you could guess, this is my work and I have to do what I can. Joarm, could you stay with Flynn for me please, for a little while at least." She couldn't delay, Rachel stood and pecked them both on the cheek before she left. Moments later she was in the hallways, starting to remove her lovely dress as she went; by the time she reached the Nurses locker room, she had the heavy bodice of the dress half way down.

<<Rachel to Med bay>>
Far Dareis Mai

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2014, 10:56:55 PM »

Briefing Room

Joarm did his best to remain calm and at his best. He was watching Rachel bus about being busy. He was amazed at her resiliency and dedication. Keeping close to Flynn, the blacksmith archer of the Os Cavaleiros continued to monitor the room keeping his weapons close in case if he needed to use them anytime soon.

When Rachel came over and said she needed to leave, she caught him off guard with a peck on the cheek. He immediately responded with a nod, "Yes, Rachel. I will remain guard with her."

To say that he was a bit embarrassed would be honest. Rubbing his cheek, Joarm watched Rachel leave the room. He muttered lightly to himself and cleared his throat.
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Character List

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2014, 09:53:13 AM »

Flynn had never experienced anything like this type of attack before and hadn't known what to expect.  Seeing all the scared children though broke her heart.  She wanted to go to each and every one of them and promise them things would be alright.  Unfortunately she didn't know that herself.  then when Rachel was called to the infirmary she knew that wasn't good.

"Don't worry,  Rachel.  Just go."  She smiled at Joarm.  "I'm sure I'll be safe enough here."

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2014, 10:04:56 PM »

Jorsh took his time to sit down across from Flynn. He could tell that she was scared a little bit, but he knew enough that his presence here would be enough to keep her safe and secured. If someone crashed in with weapons and threats, he'd be first to respond and he will surely die doing his duty to make sure Flynn is safe and unharmed.

He responded to her with a question, "You doing okay?"

Character List

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2014, 08:36:49 AM »

Flynn was a bit frazzled and jumpy at the moment.  Going from just escaping the Borg to this attack was getting to her.  It was almost enough to send her back in her progress.  She kept closing and unclosing her fists, trying not to think about what was going on.  She looked up though as Joarm spoke. "I'm hanging in there.  Hoping this ends soon."

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2014, 02:47:28 PM »

Jorsh looked at her for a bit. He noticed that she seemed a little bit scared. Her experience with the Borg tells him that she could someone to talk with. He usually isn't that good with talking, but sometimes it was good to offer an ear. He spoke with a question, "Do you want to talk about it? Your experience with the Borg?"

Character List

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2014, 06:30:25 PM »

Flynn shook her head as she closed  her eyes.  That had been a horrible experience. "I didn't think I would get out alive," she said softly.  "They wanted me to tell them how to fix the ship and weapons." She trembled a bit as she rubbed her arms.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 07:45:48 PM by sorra »

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2014, 10:09:34 PM »

Jorsh let a sigh shaking his head. He couldn't imagine the pain she must be going through. The horrible experience that she went through. Most of the people would know about the Borg, so he had fought a few during the defense of the Alpha Site against them. He took her hand gently and responded assuring her, "It's okay, Flynn. They won't hurt you anymore. I promise. As long as I'm living and breathing."

He wanted her to feel safe and secure with him in the room so she doesn't have to live in fear anymore. No one should have to go through that during the Borg camp.

Character List

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2014, 09:38:20 AM »

Flynn slowly lifted her head, tears clinging to her long lashes.  She couldn't remember certain things from her past, but she had no problem remembering what had happened to her.  Which was one thing that she wished she could forget.  But she had a feeling that would never happen.

A tremulous smile touched her lips as he picked up her hand. 'Thank you," she said softly.  "Guess I'm just a bit jumpy still."  And probably would be for a long time to come.

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2014, 06:45:54 PM »

Joarm nodded and decided to strike up a little conversation to keep her mind off things, "So, tell me. If you don't mind my asking. Where are you from? Your planet is Earth, correct?

He sat there listening.

Character List

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2014, 07:47:46 PM »

Flynn gave him a grateful smile when he changed subjects.  Thinking about her experience still left her feeling shaky and bit unsteady.  Although talking about her home she could do. "Yes, I am.  I'm from the state of Montana," she answered with a big grin.  "Learned to ride horses when I about three and have loved it ever since.  Even had an older brother who loved to pick on me."  That much she could remember.  Although she still felt like there were pieces to her life that just weren't falling into place.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14