Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: PG8-K59 Alpha Site Briefing room 1, level 12  (Read 5508 times)

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!
  • "I am the Mother!"
Re: PG8-K59 Alpha Site Briefing room 1, level 12
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2015, 04:19:44 PM »

Time had the habit of moving in slow motion now and then, more so as you got older and today was no different for Lucille. Since early morning she had been on the move constantly and in reflection of all the events that had passed she was starting to wonder if any more could be packed into one single day without your brain imploding. As individuals began filing in, she looked at each one over the top of her glasses, trying to place each person as to where they should be in her voluminous mental filing cabinet. "I'd be grateful Joarm and please make certain Flynn doesn't overreach herself as well thank you." She gave the young Science officer a motherly look and nod that effectively dismissed both of them. "I'd advise both of you to get to the motor pool and ask the Sergeant on duty to organise a bus, we'll need it. You can tell him it came directly from me. He can call me if he likes."

Neither Sheppard or Doctor MacKay she knew personally, only by reputation and what she had read in SGC files; that would change soon though. Ovcharenko the last to arrive she knew well- a steady and professional young woman most of the time but easily influenced by other certain members of her old gang. The British Lieutenant Commander she had only heard of, the Dreadnought's CAG; not invited to the briefing on Lucille's request so she could only assume McFearson asked for her presence. "We'll begin as soon as the last arrives. I should let you know, I don't like long drawn out briefings and so this will be as short as possible, we all have other things to do." She gave Lena a half smile, thinking of the younger version of the same woman from what seemed like only yesterday. "Lieutenant Colonel now Elena? Some things do change for the better don't they?"

Taking another course, she removed her glasses, she hated the stupid things anyway. Most of the time she wore them off the bridge of her nose, the effect of wearing them normally was sinus. "Lieutenant Colonel Sheppard, would you please sit to my immediate right. When she arrives I'll have Captain McFearson sit to my left." Her chair of course was at the head of the long table, where it should be.

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2015, 09:36:16 PM »

Flynn nodded.  She didn't know where the carpool was, but she figured that Joarm would.  "I'll be careful, ma'am," she promised.  She certainly didn't want to overdo it.  It would put her back in bed again and that was something she didn't want to go through again. Flynn turned to wait for Joarm.

<to carpool>

VagabonD SerpenT

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • VagabonD SerpenT is a force to reckon with.VagabonD SerpenT is a force to reckon with.VagabonD SerpenT is a force to reckon with.VagabonD SerpenT is a force to reckon with.VagabonD SerpenT is a force to reckon with.VagabonD SerpenT is a force to reckon with.VagabonD SerpenT is a force to reckon with.VagabonD SerpenT is a force to reckon with.
  • Forum Bouncer, so behave.
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2015, 01:44:36 AM »

Elena caught the look that Lucille gave to her. That kind of look that meant I see through you, girl, but you're an okay girl. Okay, what if she would love to go a little overboard from time to time? Her missions usually was stacking on each other that much that Lena barely had a few hours to sleep in between, but she still would do her job... Mostly.

She went to sit by the table in a comfortable chair, even if not that comfy as Chalmers' one was, and even smiled in content before making eye contact with Lucille again.

"I'm shocked myself, Comrade General... It's almost like my file fell behind a cabinet in Moscow, and now years later they've found it and gasped in awe at the lack of promotions and went to rectify that."

This time she smiled even with display of her teeth, still quite in a good shape they were. Especially that half that was artificial.
Terra Locuta. Causa Finita.

Bickering with an admin is like fighting a dragon. You gave him a good kick, poked his eye with your sword and already are aiming to cut his throat open, when the dragon gets tired and finally breathes out.

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2015, 04:59:42 AM »

<< From Conference Room>>

Mjr Fred Rivers
SSgt Gary Carter

Fred walked in and looked around. he had a feeling that his and Gary's gear would make sitting suck. So they both removed there outer layer of gear, leaving them in there fatigues, and there belts and holsters still on there legs, whilst there rifles and gear went to the side of the room unloaded of course. They then both stood waiting to be told where they should sit. Knowing they would probably be at the far end of the table and wouldnt say anything, they still waited.

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Staff-Team Thumb turning green.Staff-Team Thumb turning green.
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2015, 04:51:59 PM »

When Elena nearly bumps into him, he turns and offers a polite grin, hoping that it would convey his feelings; that it wasn't a problem and he was glad to see her. He moves over slightly to give her more room and allow others to enter, as well. It did seem like there were far more people here than necessary. Sheppard ponders the wisdom of allowing those she called out to bring anyone they wished. Especially since no one really knew what it was about. He's only assuming it's about Zulu. Not something he wanted to think about at the moment, but they did need to discuss  it.

"Yes, Ma'am." He says in a casual tone and takes a seat. He takes in the people in the room and his gaze settles on Rodney finally. How the hell is he going to convince the IOA to get him back? When Rivers and Carter enter the room, he wants to call them over to sit with him. Made sense. but this wasn't his shin dig. So he waits.

Kasie pokes her head into the room a bit shyly. Completely uncharacteristic of her, but she never was one to enjoy disturbing a meeting like this one. It didn't appear that anything had started yet, though, so she slips in and looks for the General. She spots her easy enough, at the head of the room, not far from her and approaches.

"Excuse me, Ma'am. Um, I'm not sure where I should be. I wasn't exactly that involved with Zulu, but I was there. Do you need me here?"

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 178
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2015, 12:43:41 AM »

Three more entered the briefing room almost simultaneously, well almost. Cate was first through the door, quickly taking a seat next to Elena, making sure she kept her face downwards a little. She purposefully made sure she didn't make eye contact with Chalmers. As her backside touched down, she whispered to Lena. "Not a word okay?"

******************

Not far behind Cate, Jordan and Elle almost had a fight getting in the door, at least a hip/bum fight anyway as Elle slightly shoved the smaller woman aside, making it look totally accidental. "Sorry Commander." She said, her mouth parting in a pleased with herself smile. Once in though, both of them entered together, almost but not quite side by side.

"My fault." Jordan said even though she knew it wasn't. The last thing she needed was to make an enemy out of Elle, knowing full well her ship was going to Atlantis and that Jordan, hopefully would be on it when they left. In reality Jordan didn't need to be here, so for the moment she stayed right where she was until Chalmers said otherwise.

With that little charade out of the way, they both took a seat, Jordan sitting two seats down on the right of Chalmers, next to Sheppard (he was in her chair, which she didn't mind in this instance) she kept quiet, anything she said right now could be held against her. While that was a legal term, it all too often applied in everyday situations as well.

Elle's eyes noted everyone, she never missed a trick; she also noted some who shouldn't really be there, namely Doctor Markham and Andriana and of course Fred would bring Gary along. Rodney was there and she was happy about that; they might argue a lot, but she had a soft spot for him. She arched an eyebrow, mostly to herself, when she caught the last words of Chalmers.

"Lieutenant Colonel Sheppard, would you please sit to my immediate right. When she arrives I'll have Captain McFearson sit to my left."

Without waiting, she takes the chair on the General's left side, it was more comfortable than the chairs she remembered way back in the day. She looked over at Lena and Cate, wondering why the latter was busy naval gazing, but then that was Cate. "Ma'am." She said politely. "Its been a long time hasn't it?" She looked around to find Mike, only to realise in her haste she whipped past him in the hallways.
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2015, 10:08:41 AM »

<< Hallway Outside Briefing Room >>

< From Dreadnought Engineering >

When Andee appears in the hallway, she's grinning, having caught the tone of voice Spicer's voice. A lieutenant, and cute, in a little brother kind of way. She hadn't known he'd been left on the bridge. She makes it a point to not ask too many favours of the kid. She always felt guilty about taking advantage of his ... affections. She wanted to to save those favours for when they really mattered.

Looking around, she sees that he's beamed both herself and Aria very specifically four feet from the doorway of the briefing room. A grin stretches across her face and she taps her mic on again to the bridge.

"Nice shooting, Lieutenant. Thank you." She tells him, emphasising her accent a bit because come on, who doesn't love the British accent? She taps the mute button on her mic again and peaks into the room, noticing that it doesn't look like they've even started. She isn't sure whether she should get Elle' attention now or wait until the briefing is over. She turns to Aria.

"I think it would be beneficial to our health if we waited until the General has finished her briefing before we talk to Elle. Are you hungry? Or do you have to be somewhere?"

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2015, 05:21:28 PM »

The entire moment of time that Alex spent walking slowly to the base's briefing room, he pondered his future, that being in his mind for the present, not a very bright one. With the whole Zulu station incident so fresh in his mind, from zero hour as he now referred to that instant the Hat'ak was detected, to the very last second he and his surviving crew left; it was on his shoulders alone. Would he have done anything different in light of the events? Perhaps a change here and there with security protocols at best, yet that still wouldn't have changed the outcome in the end. The IOA would be looking for a scapegoat, no matter how much he will be able to defend the actions of the station- Alex's entire career was on the line.

Keeping his back straight while doing his best to cast those demons from his mind, Alex strode into the briefing room as gallantly as he could manage. Just as an SF closed the door behind him, he heard the sound of an Asgard beam out in the adjoining hallway, wondering for a brief second who that could be; obviously from the ship or alarms would have been sounded. He rolled his shoulders, in effect dismissing that minor interruption from his thoughts.

"Has it really McFearson?" In her mind, those wild events of Elle and her gang could quite well have happened yesterday, although she knew all too well the passage of time. "Don't worry girl, I'm over the past and you'll find my teeth have blunted a little since the last time you were here." To a degree, she wasn't wearing dentures yet, nor did she intend to. Lucille heard that sound coming from out in the hallway, making her look up to see Alex arrive and not looking too chipper either- she waved him over with one hand. "Commodore, take a seat, anywhere if you would."

The Brit was now at the far end of the table when Lucille addressed him, his eyes met hers and he knew instantly he was wearing a scowl as bad as any brigand might, right before sticking a blade in someone. Immediately he changed to his more usual calm exterior. "Thank you General, I'll sit at this end if you don't mind." He wanted to be as far from the proceedings as humanly possible and yet still be in the same room.

"Be my guest." She told him, a little curious as to why he wanted to be so far away. Finally all was ready, other than one small thing she had to do, Lucille made she 'that' envelope was firmly in her pocket as she spoke. "Jordan, you don't need to be here. I'd like you to help get the other guests settled and be on hand to help them in any way thank you." It wasn't a brush off, Lucille simply didn't want her executive officer to be here when she spoke with Colonel Sheppard. The woman did prefer to keep things quiet when she could.

The last question lingered from one other. "Doctor Markham is it? No, not unless you have something of importance to add to he summary of the mission."

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2015, 07:40:05 PM »

Aria shook her head as she nodded with a response, "Nah, I'm good. We'll wait a bit."

She hoped it won't take long with the briefing as she was eager to hear the results. That was what she was here for. To gather information and keep the new information close to her as she guarded it. She waited with Andee by the door.
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2015, 08:10:21 PM »

"Not likely, Ma'am. Thank you. I apologise for the intrusion." With a small nod of her head to the General, she quickly backs out of the room and into the hallway where Andee and Aria now stood.

Andee turns at the sound of the door being opened and smiles at the woman who emerges. "Meeting over?" She asks, only half hopeful.

"Nah, I don't think they've even started yet." Kasie tells the woman she recognises as the Dreadnought's engineer. Andee grimaces.

"They could be a while, then." She nibbles at her lower lip, pondering things. "Well there's not much I can do till I speak with McFearson and I don't really feel like standing around here for goodness knows how long while Chalmers chats with her people. Care to join me for a cup of tea, ladies?"

Markham listens to every word the woman says. Not because of any affection or awe, but simply because of that accent. What is it with people who have British accents?

"Well, I'm not much of a tea drinker, but I'll definitely have some coffee if there is some. It seems there isn't much to do at the moment. I was kind of waiting for Sheppard since he's pretty much the only person I know around here."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 178
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2015, 09:47:18 PM »

"Thank you General." She didn't want to be here, Chalmers just gave her more reason not to. Still she suspected the older woman was up to something, damn, she had been cagey all week since Jordan caught her reading something earlier, quickly stuffed away out of her view. "I'll see who has arrived on her way out. Excuse me everyone." She said pushing her chair back and standing. Colonel Sheppard she would have to catch later, McFearson she hoped to simply avoid.

A moment later she was outside breathing a sigh of relief, it was then she saw the ships XO and Engineer. "I wouldn't go too far ladies. Especially you two." Her eyes marked them out. "You wouldn't be here if it wasn't important, is there something they need to know?" She thumbed back at the door. Kasie, she could take her around herself, Jordan could use the company.
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2015, 10:38:16 PM »

Andee turns her attention to yet another woman leaving the briefing room. 'Bloody hell, has the SGC gone Amazonian on us?' She thinks humourously.

"Well, Ma'am, it's not important enough to bother the General. I think we all know how much she loves interruptions to her planned schedule." She grins sardonically at that. Even if you had never actually met General Chalmers, you knew her reputation. Andee had learned by the example of others to tread lightly around her. "I suspect the information I have for her would only distract from what she needs to do right now. Which is definitely not the most pleasant of tasks ..." She really doesn't know what the topic is for this meeting, but she is ninety nine per cent sure it's about Zulu. She's torn between knowing she should be in there and really, really not wanting to have to talk about it again ...

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2015, 03:46:51 PM »

Teya knew when Lucille could handle things on her own.  She crept over to where Andriana was sitting.  "Hey,let's beat it before they drag us into something," Teya grinned.  "I can show you around.  General Chalmers doesn't need me right now."  She hoped to catch up some with her old friends.

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • NG has a powerful will.NG has a powerful will.NG has a powerful will.NG has a powerful will.NG has a powerful will.NG has a powerful will.NG has a powerful will.
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2015, 03:55:20 PM »

>> From Conference Room >>

With a tense smile accompanied by a quiet “Ladies,” Mike acknowledged the small crowd outside of the conference room. In another situation, another day maybe, he would have stopped to talk, made a wise crack joke or something, but today he halted for half a second fully focused ahead and as he pulled a hand through his hair in an attempt to flatten it alt least a bit, he inhaled deeply and sneaked inside the room.

Quickly taking in the people around the table, Mike took the safe route and quickly slid down in the chair next to Whitmore, at the far end of the table and waited for it all to break lose.

sleepydemon

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • sleepydemon is looked down upon.
  • I thought it was a good idea at the time
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2015, 04:07:47 PM »

She gave Teya a signature wicked grin.

"That would be lovely."

She looked around to see if anyone was watching them and saw no one really was.

"Lets go before they catch on. "

She was glad to get out of the endless loop of switching small rooms. She started to sneak out quitely with Teya. Trying not to giggle like two guilty school girls.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 04:09:28 PM by sleepydemon »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

lethal-pageant