Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Tallellinian Sector: Vanir Forward Base  (Read 2188 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 252
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Tallellinian Sector: Vanir Forward Base
« on: September 04, 2014, 09:26:34 PM »

<Moon Orbit>

*Wraith Secondary Fleet-lead hive*

<Bridge deck>

The dark armoured woman paced up and down the bridge, it had been several standard hours since they had arrived, taking advantage of the cover the large moon offered. Reese and her crew had followed the two Vanir attack ships from a distance, using stealth and speed to their advantage. The plan was to attack this forward base with everything they had, which was two hive ships and a dozen cruisers. The only problem that had arisen was that on arrival, rather than simply the two ships they followed , they found six of the large Vanir ships in orbit around the dark planet. One of those alone was worth as many as three hives in power, they only lacked the speed and maneuverability.

Reese sent a thought to her chief scientist. "Pulse if you say one more time 'I think this is an unwise move' I swear I'll feed you to my drones. Now, if you would please come up to the bridge and give me some of your brilliance, I will not retreat from this campaign, we have come too far."
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 09:05:12 PM by Mandi »
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Star Hunter

• Senior Airman
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Star Hunter A new starter.
Re: Tallellinian Sector~ Vanir Forward base
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 10:08:24 AM »

<Moon Orbit>

*Wraith Secondary Fleet-lead hive*

{Pulse~Wraith}

<Pulses quarters>

The last six months had been a controversy in themselves. Even though he got away from this cruel hive he’d been on, this new one was naught better. Having become the chief scientist of a female hybrid was actually more of a mockery than an honour, but the cleverman knew how to keep silent. Since this woman had proven her power more than once, the only possibility was to obey, which was actually not any different from what he’d been doing all the time. The only difference was that he was quite sure that no other hive would ever take him again for having served a hybrid in the past, which was nearly as bad as being a hybrid himself. The thing he felt most these days was disgust - for this alliance, for their leader, and at last but not least for himself.

He had tried indeed to keep her from making that mistake to attack this superior strike force, though concerning the stubbornness, Reese was quite similar to a real queen.
When her thoughts reached him, Pulse was working in his own chambers, which were actually larger than anything he’d ever had in his past. But those things didn’t matter to the cleverman - it just meant he had more room for his research and didn’t actually need to be in the lab all the time.
In fact, Pulse was deliberately avoiding other people on this ship most of the time. Unfortunately, sometimes he was unable to do so, for example when the „commander“ called him to the bridge.

<Bridge deck>

When he arrived at the bridge, he approached the hybrid female without a word, shielding his fear from the telepathic network quite successfully. She actually had complimented him in the past six months more than he’d ever been in his past life, but that meant nothing to him. She was still a hybrid, whose word actually didn’t count on other ships. But this one was different, he recognised.
„I’m not a tactician“, he responded clearly this time, taking a look out of the front transparent window membrane. As a matter of fact, the only tactical elements he knew, he’d learnt on this ship.
„I’m a genetic engineer, actually. You seem to forget that sometimes. What about your own brilliance?“
Still, his opinion of Reese was worse than neutral, but he’d kept this to himself all the time. She was not a queen, so she didn’t have the power of one, which he knew. The most advantageous thing she had against him were her drones and the fact Pulse couldn’t even fight a fly. If the humans weren’t tied up, he’d probably been starving already.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2014, 11:06:10 PM »

"My own brilliance extends only as far as our intelligence reports allow my Master Scientist. I'm certainly not Omnipotent just yet." Reese replied with a note of sarcasm. That was the one flaw she had seen in many of the 'Elders', they tended to overestimate their own abilities, Todd not withstanding and she wasn't about to fall into that trap.

Leaning on the console, Reese had to think and think quickly. Dally here too long and they would be detected soon enough and though she loved nothing better than a good scrap, she did prefer the odds in her favour. All of the time. They needed something unexpected, a quick hit and run the Vanir simply wouldn't expect and they would expect her to deploy her cruisers and back up with the Hives after the first few volleys. Maybe.... "I think we should send a strong message Pulse. One they are not going to think that I would do. They know me well enough."

Far Dareis Mai

Star Hunter

• Senior Airman
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 12:20:00 PM »

{Pulse~Wraith}

If one thing was to say about Pulse, he was pacifistic, for a Wraith. So Reese’ plan didn’t appeal to him at all, but he’d told her often enough. He didn’t need to tell her again that he didn’t like her plan.
„If you think so, why ask me? You already know my opinion, and you made utterly clear that you don’t want to hear it again“, he responded with a mere shrug.
Obviously, she wasn’t so sure about that like she wanted to make it seem, or else she wouldn’t have called for Pulse to come to the bridge. But in this case, he couldn’t help her at all - or wouldn’t.

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 59
  • DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 06:47:31 PM »

Bridge Deck

Irisa had been hiding in the shadows. Her thoughts from the Wraith psychic network was carefully hidden. She is a female and possibly the only one not a Queen. She was born an outcast, the one with ice blue eyes. A Wraith who found her different decided to do a little experiment and see if she survives her genetic deficiency. Not all Wraiths have blue eyes. She was the only one. Within the shadows of the bridge, she had been observing Reese who was her guardian in charge of her tutelage. The one who made sure she survived and was well taught in the arts of combat and survivability.

In her tall, graced form, Irisa had long hair that went down to her hip. It was braided and rested among the spine of her dark, customized body armor. The hilt of her deactivated a third meter sized staff rested in her sheath around her waist cord. Her katana blade also rested on her back.

When Pulse entered, Irisa let out a light snarl showing her fangs as she watched him. Assessed his move. Reese did what she could to instruct Irisa to not attack her Wraith allies but it was hard. To the Wraith female, all Wraith are enemies at one point or the other. It was just a matter of them attacking first and her killing them. With Pulse, however, Irisa could tell that he was afraid without even sensing his thoughts. There was a tint of fear, but not enough for her to tell but she already knew.

After staring at him with her ice blue eyes, Irisa finally came out of the shadows and let out a snarl as she responded to Reese, "I say we send them a strong message, Reese. Make them pay for their arrogance.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 10:36:36 PM by Greenhorn »
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2014, 03:05:36 AM »

Her face whipped around quickly, eyes narrowing at the Cleverman. Every now and then his sarcastic little taunts had given her cause to anger, yet somehow before it even rose to the surface it had subsided and this was yet another of those moments. At some other time and place, Reese would have acted instinctively and quite possibly torn him limb from limb, but not today; his presence served to remind her and her second in command Irisa, that they were still Wraith and both of them would never be accepted anywhere else other than in Wraith company, even if many of those kin had died at their own hands. That was simply how it was, alliances and connections. "Perhaps since you're not a tactician Pulse, but as a scientist, you can advise me as to how much power we will have to do two things. Do as much damage as possible as quickly as possible and still make our escape without slowing down."

Reese looked hard at Irisa as well, she needed to be ready for anything. "Call the other ships, we will engage as a group, one pass only with everything we have, then jump to the following co-ordinates." Reese called up a safe haven some two light years away and unknown to all but the Wraith. "Pulse, is this possible?" She asked of her plan.

Far Dareis Mai

Star Hunter

• Senior Airman
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2014, 05:50:55 AM »

{Pulse~Wraith}

Nothing on this ship was actually normal. It was quite unusual having two females on one ship, normally they wouldn’t have accepted the presence of each other. Secondly, this only indicated how little they trusted their own male crew.
But that was not Pulse’ concern. He just wanted to live, and leave this weird ship as soon as possible.

When the strange queen looked at him with her icy blue eyes, he stared back for a moment with bright yellow eyes which every Wraith could be proud of. When he had the choice, he didn’t know whom he despised more - the human ,queen’ or the one with the blue eyes. No sane Wraith would every accept her as a breeding mate, nor would he accept them at all.

„It should be possible, if you shut down every secondary system not needed“, the cleverman replied carefully. And maybe you should shut down the life sustaining systems as well, he thought to himself.

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2014, 03:38:31 PM »

After staring at Pulse with her ice blue eyes, Irisa read a brief moment of his thoughts toward him. She let out a snarl at him feeling that she should kill him right there for making that such thought. She hated all Wraith. It did not matter who would breed with her, she would kill them before they would get a hand on her. Even if they would, she couldn't breed. She was bare. That meant she wouldn't be able to produce Wraith warriors even if she could. It was impossible.

A brief, sharp command from her trusted female commander shook her from her thoughts and let out another snarl as she approached the communications section. She pushed a button and spoke with a hiss, "All ships. We will engage and then once that is done, we will jump to here," she finished as she sent the coordinates to all the ships within the vicinity that is loyal to Reese.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 10:36:02 PM by Greenhorn »
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2014, 10:32:51 PM »

"Taken under advisement Pulse." Reese replied as her hand moved around the main control. For now, everything was routed to power and weapons, life support and other redundancies were set at minimal, the Wraith would survive today and another day after that. They certainly wouldn't if the hated Vanir were left to roam free in the galaxy and Todd's Enforcer was going to see that they didn't. "Stand by, brace for possible incoming." But it never came.

As the two Hive ships and their attending twelve cruisers came out of the dark side as one, weapons opened up as soon as they were within range of their quarry, smashing through the unsuspecting Vanir like a tidal wave of destruction. The impact of the combined weapons were such, that the main target, the largest of the enemy ships, its shield collapsed within seconds and that ship began to break up.

They didn't get away scot free though. Some of the smaller more maneuverable ships were able to get a line on Reese's cruisers, two of those went up in massive balls of flame, even the flag ship, felt the brunt of some hits. Reese held steady and continued through, another few moments and it was over.

"Make the jump now!" She yelled loudly and at the same time 'sent' the same command to her fleet. It was a daring gambit and two cruisers lost was a loss she would have to make up for. But at least one major marauder was put paid to and a few lesser ships disabled. She wouldn't get away with it so easily next time.

As the fleet settled into the hyper jump, she turned to both of them. "Damage report?" She slid the controls back to normal. For that entire time, Reese did not even breathe.
Far Dareis Mai

Maahes

• Second Lieutenant
  • Maahes A new starter.
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2014, 11:18:04 PM »

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

"By the ancestors, why didn't our sensors pick that up?" Njord yelled through his suit's communications relay when the Voluspa imploded, her antimatter core beginning to dissolve the ship's hull in a particularly violent fashion.

"The raising of the Alcis is playing havoc with our sensors," Vana replied from the bridge of the Nehalannia. "The planet is irradiated, Njord...she's kicking up exotic particles that should not exist that close to the surface."

"We cannot allow them to escape so close to the Alcis' launch, who knows how many will return," Njord stated. "Fleet, we will pursue the enemy and make them believe there is nothing left to raid here. When the Alcis has launched, we will crush these Wraith. The time of their ascendancy is at an end!"

All five of the Vanir cruisers jumped into hyperspace, following the trajectory of the Wraith fleet. The inefficiency of the Wraith hyperdrives would allow the Vanir fleet to overtake them quickly and wait for the Wraith fleet to exit hyperspace. They would crush these raiding upstarts before they had a chance to warn their allies of a Vanir base. The Vanir were set to abandon the site soon, true, but there was little reason to allow even a rumor to waft through the Wraith Collective.

((OOC: Yay, fleet battle!))
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 11:20:54 PM by Maahes »

Star Hunter

• Senior Airman
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2014, 06:41:52 AM »

((OOC: Pulse is standing near her… how is he expected to know anything more?  :yes: ))

{Pulse~Wraith}

When the first impact occured, Pulse had to stick to the console in front of him, even though he didn't know how to use it, just to not go down.
You wouldn't ask if you could feel the Entity yourself, he thought to himself when his face darkened. It was impossible not to see the two fire balls in space that were supposed to have been Wraith cruisers once.
Pulse didn't really feel pity for them. Two less to deal with, he thought, keeping his mental barrier up all the time. Reese wouldn't be too enthusiastic about knowing her so called chief scientist was actually not on her side. He wasn't on the Vanir's side either, it was just his own he was on and he wanted to survive and live a normal life. One thing, that was definitely rare on these ships.
"Two cruisers of yours went down", he then replied dryly and without mercy, actually but telling what was obvious when you had a look out of the front membrane. He wasn't actually happy about it, either, he just didn't care. And of course he said 'yours', not 'ours', but he wasn't so sure the female would notice at all. It wasn't important anyway.
It was time to leave this ship, he just needed a good plan to do so. Since he'd seen it was possible to acquire membership on a new hive when he left Sunburst, he had tasted blood and wanted more.

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2014, 11:28:01 PM »

Explosion rippled the ship as the bridge jerked nearly forcing Irisa forward. She watched the screen as the two of Reese's Wraith ships exploded in a ball of fire. As the fleet continued fighting each other, Reese ordered the call to jump. Irisa was a bit against jumping but she knew they wouldn't last in this fight so they all jumped away.

As Reese turned for a status report, she was about to responded when Pulse remarked something obvious that Reese already known about. She glared at him with a snarl. Is sarcasm contagious?, Irisa thought for a bit judging Pulse for his obvious remark.

She responded loudly overcoming Pulse's own obvious manner, "Damage has been restricted to minor hull damage, but not life threatening. In the Environment, some loss of pressure in the aft section is being repaired. Also, the Vanir are following."

Irisa turned back to Pulse and spat back sarcastically, "Now that is how you respond when she asks for a damage report!"

She realized she may have talked out of turn in front of Reese, but she didn't care. She wanted to say something to Pulse because he needed to respect Reese a little bit more.

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2014, 01:01:06 AM »

Sometimes it was often said among her brethren on Guide's hive that you can pick your crew, but your family is already chosen for you by your Queen. That of course didn't apply to Reese, not at least for many generations, her Wraith quotient was at least 500 years old and more, the history she knew was that the Queen that supplied her DNA was a fierce warrior of the old sect; that at least had been passed on to this half breed, or rather mixed breed. But she was more Wraith than anything else, even the feeding slit could be seen as a faint dark pinkish line in her hand, if you shone a bright light on her face, you could see the sensory slits in her cheeks, looking like old scars and everything else she had was Wraith, her abilities and her strength and she was the strongest of all in the  telepathic realm and her night vision was enhanced with the added strain of the Succubus DNA.

But here she was, doing her utter best for the good of all Wraith by cutting as much of the head off the Vanir and what did she have for crew, two bickering individuals who hated one another and possibly hated her twice as much. She looked at Pulse, tilting her head in a curious way. "Although I am far ahead of the game dear Pulse and I know everything that occurs on this ship instantly, when I ask something it is for a reason; discipline. Does that word ring familiar to you?"

Her eyes fell on Irisa, hard cruel eyes. As good as second in command as she was, there was still a lot to her that irked most of the crew, not withstanding her habit of feeding on rival Wraith when found. "You. Keep your tone to its proper place, I will not have the two individuals I rely on to be fighting like primitive humans." She looked away, taking in Irisa's message and weighing her options.

"Hmmm, so we have a conundrum. They are faster and will most likely be waiting for us. We on the other hand know more than they. The Sanctuary has another half fleet waiting, let us see how hard these Vanir can fight.." She turned back to both of them. "If you both wish to live another day, you will do more than you have been doing." Her mind thoughts were sent out, the moment they dropped from hyper space, even if attacked first, the Vanir would be in for another rather nasty surprise.

((One more post from each and we will drop out of hyper space..mwaahahahahaha))
Far Dareis Mai

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2014, 10:45:44 PM »

Asteroid Belt somewhere in the Pegasus Galaxy

As the ships jumped into hyperspace and continues on its destination with the Vanier fleet following close by, Irisa watches her console. She will attempt to ignore Pulse now. Her master will get very cross with her if she speaks out of turn again and she does not want that. At all. All of a sudden, the fleet jumped out of hyperspeed and glides among the asteroid belt. It would show as well that any ships following would have to carefully maneuver or be dropped out of hyperspeed prematurely. Reese's fleet was well hidden.

Irisa kept her silence. She knew Reese would know that they jumped already so the Wraith female just kept her tongue inside her sharp toothy mouth.

Character List

Star Hunter

• Senior Airman
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2014, 05:39:43 AM »

{Pulse~Wraith}

Asteroid Belt somewhere in the Pegasus Galaxy

Pulse already was accustomed to being disciplined by the human commander, who he just couldn't accept as her leader. She may have had some features of a Wraith, but that did not make her a Wraith at all. However, Pulse remained silent after her rebuke and stared on the front membrane.
Luckily, the blue-eyed-female remained silent this time, too.
He actually had no idea what to do now than just hope the enemy fleet would not take their chance and follow them through hyperspace, which was actually quite impossible, but they did have to take breaks for the hull to be able to regenerate from the radiation of subspace.
Of course he'd heard her threat, but there was nothing he could do right now. If she was to end his life, she could just try. If she succeeded, this pain would have an end finally.
Pages: [1] 2