Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: M4T-966 - Outer Rim System (no gate)  (Read 4017 times)

Star Hunter

• Senior Airman
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Star Hunter A new starter.
Re: M4T-966 - Outer Rim System (no gate)
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2014, 09:19:27 AM »

Pulse-Wraith

When Pulse received the order to go to the Stargate, he just wanted to obey in order to get away from the two queens. For drones followed him, as their commander predicted, and the cleverman moved on as soon as they had reached the ground and got out of the shuttle.
It felt cold here. Even though Pulse liked nature he felt quite uncomfortable on this planet.
The cleverman shielded himself from the network, so he hardly heard the screams of the two females. How could one be so weak? Even he didn't feel anything for the dead people here, since they were only humans. He didn't feel pity for the lost lives, but for the lost food, like any other Wraith would.

When he got to the Stargate, the drones positioned themselves around him when the cleverman started to examine the DHD. It was actually his special subject so he had no problems investigating the main crystals and downloading the last fifty adresses that had been dialled on this gate.
Fifty, in no particular order, because that was still impossible for him.
The female he was serving wouldn't be very pleased. But then, it didn't look like anyone dialled the gate and survived. It rather seemed they all just died by some big assault.
The question was, why would any queen do this? He'd rather not meet this queen either. He caught himself imagining how a real queen must be. Of course she must be powerful, like his former queen Whitefire. But then again he had much more freedom, even though he'd obviously exchanged this with his security. He wasn't quite sure if that was the best thing he could do, but on the other hand he didn't have much choice.

When he'd saved the last adresses, he packed his things again and started to turn back. Although he did think about dialling the gate himself, he didn't know where to go. He didn't have any friends out there.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 178
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2014, 06:36:53 PM »

In silence Reese went about the devastating scene, all the while her mind wondering why a Wraith would do this; what purpose did it prove to totally annihilate your food source with no comeback? Whoever this Queen was and yes she had confirmed that, her stench was everywhere, Guide would have to be informed as soon as possible before it happened again.

~We will find the source Irisa, I guarantee you that~ She hurried over to Pulse and the Stargate, he did seem to have found something. "I can see by the wasted husks here and the look on your face, the addresses won't tell us much, no?"
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2014, 01:54:42 PM »

The wind remained still and Irisa got up still holding her staff weapon. She walked forward toward both Reese and Pulse and kept her watch. Although Pulse did his best to shield his thoughts from the females, but several thoughts strayed and Irisa let out a snarl of disgust. He kept referring her as a Queen. She wasn't a Wraith Queen and she never will be for as long as she was an outcast. How long must she endure his false thoughts of naming her Queen will he realize that she is most defiantly not a Queen. She is a female Wraith Warrior.

Irisa eats Queens like insects for breakfast and Reese was most certainly not a Queen either. She was just Reese, a Wraith Hunter. Nothing more. Irisa rolled her ice blue eyes with a scoff and looked away at the general direction toward the horizon.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 01:56:13 PM by Greenhorn »
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Star Hunter

• Senior Airman
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2014, 08:07:22 AM »

Pulse-Wraith

Of course they were no queens – certainly not for Pulse. That was an honour they actually both didn't deserve. But usually Wraith females had their distinct fate, and that was usually not fighting like a warrior, so they used to set female synonymous with queen.
When the female arrived, Pulse knew he wouldn't have had enough time anyway to dial the gate himself. He kept his head low and answered: "I managed to get the last 50 dialed adresses, but I don't know the order they were dialed in." Pulse could just hope the female wouldn't be enraged about this. Usually, where he came from, clevermen were punished for not being able to do something.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2014, 08:43:24 PM »

~You've done well Pulse to ascertain that much. It would appear to me, that this is merely a warning from some new Queen who has surfaced after a very long hibernation. What we are expected to do and what we will do are two distinct different things~

She tapped her red lips in thought for a moment. ~Irisa, your attention here for a moment~ Reese was about to do something unusual, while she waited for her second in command she spoke again to Pulse aloud. "Fifty random addresses, fifty choices. It would take an age of time we don't have to search each destination, so I would suggest we load the addresses in our data base aboard the ship, then allow the logic system to find five most probable destinations."
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 12:34:59 AM by RogueRanger »
Far Dareis Mai

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2014, 09:18:38 PM »

Irisa, you attention here for a moment

Irisa gave Reese her complete attention, "Yes?"

She wondered what Reese wanted her to do because she was ready and will always be for Reese unlike Pulse which sort of left a bad taste in her mouth. He wouldn't even taste good anyways.
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2014, 01:21:47 AM »

"We leave this place now. Irisa, run as fast as those legs will carry you, prepare the ship for immediate departure and take those useless drones with you...Pulse.." She paused, she could sense deep down this Cleverman wanted to be anywhere else but here with her and Irisa with his misguided belief that only a 'real' Queen could lead. Reese would soon change his opinion on that score. "Pulse, the moment we're aboard, I want that data spewing out information within ten seconds...now move! The both of you!"
Far Dareis Mai

Ares

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2014, 07:31:38 AM »

It was then they felt it, the distant awareness of something, someone, who had felt the reckless psionic screams. And even from such distance as they were, worlds away, their power began to creep along the planet searching for the source.  It would feel like icy fingers, reaching, searching to find the disturbance.  That a single mind could reach so far, and so completely would make what blood they had in their veins run frigid.

Drones would stumble in their steps, glancing around and suddenly on edge, other Wraith aboard the vessel would be wide eyed and weapon drawn, almost as bad as the prey they hunted when jumping at the psionic shadows they cast from their darts, but these shadows had depth, had some edge to them that made them seem real even to other Wraith.

Whispers 'heard' at the edge of one's mind, like a husky exhale hot on their trail.

Star Hunter

• Senior Airman
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2014, 05:16:02 PM »

Pulse-Wraith

The cleverman nodded and turned to obey. He wasn't very keen on having his opinion changed; he'd already seen what even male Wraith were capable of, when the commander had entered his mind and searched for answers, or just enjoyed hurting an inferior Wraith.
Now and then, there was nothing he could do against it since Pulse wasn't capable of fighting.

Pulse was already on his way to the ship, when he heard some whispers he couldn't tell they were not real.
He never wanted to go down to this planet's surface in the first place, so he didn't want to stay much longer by no means at all. He walked as fast as his feet could carry him, and, if not running, sped back to the shuttle.

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2014, 01:27:53 AM »

Irisa quickly obeyed as she nodded at Reese and deactivated her staff. It returned to its third meter size and into her hilt as she took off into a run toward the ship. She could feel or hear the screams coming closer and she wouldn't want to get left behind on this godforsaken planet.

For a moment as she entered the ship, she paused turning around for a moment scanning the planet again with her mind. The mindless screams continued ringing as the door closed.

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
Re: M4T-966 - Outer Rim System
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2014, 10:44:16 PM »

<Hive>

They were the three most disparate Wraith the galaxy ever saw... A hybrid female who refused to acknowledge the fact that other Wraith saw her as an anomaly. A Cleverman who was so afraid of his companions, he wanted nothing more than to escape them at the first opportunity; and finally a Queen, raised by a human who refused to acknowledge her birthright and purpose in the grand scheme of things.

Yet somehow they had managed to survive, overcoming their adversities and working as a reasonable cohesive unit. That might not last, but Reese was determined to make the best of it. ~Ignore it!~ She made it sound so easy, not that she herself wasn't a little shaken by what she felt. Not in fear, but in the knowledge that this hidden Queen perhaps somehow felt Reese's own call; did she fear an equal opponent? Reese had hoped so. ~It is only a phantom of the residue cries of the dead. We, we will find this elusive wanton killer and destroy them~ She made it seem so easy. Reese could feel the crew still reeling from the emotion, but her words throughout the ships brought calm.

At the consoles, she looked both her companions directly in the eye. "Pulse, load the crystal. Compute a random search of the first five plausible addresses....Irisa, we'll need every single dart, every leader and every drone on alert. The moment we find our prey, we will attack without warning." She knew it might not be the first planet, or the second. But it would be soon.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
first target

Far Dareis Mai

Ares

« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2014, 06:54:17 PM »

Arminius surface

Within the grounded black hive ship, the Queen stood in the misty confines of what had once been her slumbering tomb for over ten thousand years.  Now she stood here, drawing on her own power, and that of the nearby Wraith, using their combined collective power to cast a wide net through the system. 

There ... there they were... and they were coming... good... save her the trouble of hunting...

"Come to me my Warden... my Alpha..."  Answering the mental summons, the masked and crowned figures entered her chamber, the large Alpha drone giving a low curring sound as he took a knee, sweeping the dreadlocked white hair back from this head as he dipped it, the Warden following the gesture though lithe and fluid as he was wont to be. 

"I'm expecting guests... though they will not be expecting me... or you ... they come from the first hunting world... meet them halfway with a minor force... assess their worth..."

Wordlessly, the two rose and turned, exiting the hive ship and gathering a small expeditionary force.  A single scout ship, larger than a dart, smaller than a cruiser, left the planet's surface with half a dozen darts, and the three Cruisers they'd acquired and settled in the space roughly halfway between Olmec and Arminius.

With the scout ship in the center, the three Cruisers took up a top, and flanking sides formation, with the darts allied three to a side between them in a triangular pattern, with the scout yacht in the center.  There they waited for the foreseen arrival.

Star Hunter

• Senior Airman
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2014, 05:42:19 PM »

Pulse-Wraith

Pulse didn't question the orders of the female "commander". It wasn't his to question her or anyone leading a group of Wraith.
He was just a cleverman doing his worth to earn a living.
And that's what he did, when he finally got back onto the ship.
Sadly, there were but more than five plausible addresses, but he was quite sure she didn't want to hear that. She only wanted her order to be conducted, no matter if there were problems or not.
He finally managed to shrink the list of possible addresses down to ten, then he forwarded them to her console without a word.
Words wouldn't have made it better, anyway.

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2014, 06:52:39 PM »

"Everyone within reach have been alerted or notified. They will be ready," Irisa responded as she nodded at Reese.

Irisa had spent the better part of a minute and a half contacting everyone within reach of her messages. She wasn't afraid. She was trained to face the unknown with a strong heart and mind. She may not be a Queen, but she was determined enough to stay alive. If possible. At least in her mind, she could put up strong mental barriers and they won't tear them down.

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2014, 10:19:56 PM »

The great hive ship lifted from the surface to join its companion and attending 12 cruisers, the plan was simple, a show of force and one that had a degree of back up as well. As Reese's mighty ship lifted she sent a message to her home base, in the event of anything going awry or some kind of trap, 2 more of Todd's fleet ships were on the way. If battle ensured, they would be on the scene within a very short time.

Once on station, Reese was rather taken aback by what she saw. Just one small scout ship and three cruisers with a few darts was all that she found between Olmec and Arminius. ~A small show of force, is it just a token, or does something larger wait nearby?~ She said that to her crew, all could feel what Reese felt. Standing before the large display screen, Reese sent a strong message through the psionic waves.

~Stand to, state your business. No harm will come to you if you can explain your presence here.~She knew every hive and cruiser in the region, these she did not. Whether by foul play or some means of acquisition, she wanted answers for what she had seen on the planet.
Far Dareis Mai
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

lethal-pageant