Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: M4T-966 - Outer Rim System (no gate)  (Read 3387 times)

Ares

Re: M4T-966 - Outer Rim System (no gate)
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2014, 07:17:45 PM »

There was no visual reply to her brisk hail, instead there was a moment of utter and complete silence, like being in a cavern, and instead of using the ships to speak, there was a whispering male voice spread through their crews, a powerful male mind reaching to each one of them.

"Explain yourself... I sense that you are no queen... yet you command a fleet of ... degraded and atrophied hives and barely functional cruisers...and make demands as if you were ... what?" Flashes of images came with the voice, brief glimpses of a featureless mask, white hollowed out eyes and a crown of spikes like a halo in the dark. 

"Speak to me like a Wraith ... and perhaps ... you will receive answers ..."

Star Hunter

• Senior Airman
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Star Hunter A new starter.
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2014, 07:41:26 PM »

Pulse-Wraith

The conversation started wasn't exactly what Pulse had hoped for.
He felt strange, being aboard a ship that didn't even have a real queen.
At least it didn't seem to matter anymore if he had five, ten or fourty adresses. The adresses simply didn't matter anymore when they obviously had found the hive being responsible for the mess on that planet.
Pulse lowered his head, as if he was too focused on the console he was working on. This was none of his business, since he was just a cleverman.
He didn't even belong to the bridge.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2014, 07:46:36 PM »

Obviously her opponent was trying to intimidate Reese and her crew with not only vague images of horror, but insults as well. Her fleet, at least this part of Guide's fleet was the finest and most powerful of Wraith ships to be found anywhere in the galaxy. So she replied in kind, sending her own images of death, destruction and the raw power she wielded. She sent to, an image of herself, tall, strong and fearless, cold steel blue eyes showing both defiance and contempt. ~I am the voice of Guide, through me and the actions of this part of 'his' fleet, we ensure the covenant all Wraith adhere to. You, I believe are merely a vassal of another, your voice bares no authority here.~ Her face turned to sheer anger and utter domination. ~These culling grounds have been cleansed, only the hated Vanir would do such a thing. Now, tell me why I should not destroy you this instant?~
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2014, 06:01:27 PM »

Irisa let out a silent sigh. To any normal humans who all of a sudden have the ability to use psioncs would probably be driven insane. The banter between Reese and the other male wraith with images flashing through her mind. It was probably enough to give her a headache and she wanted whatever this thing is over with soon. She continued standing by in her console still in silence. The ice blue eyed wraith female knew to keep silent unless she was spoken to and was expected to say something. For now, she remains in silence with her trigger finger itchy over the hilt of her staff. She couldn't wait to fight.
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Ares

« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2014, 07:26:30 PM »

There was no 'tangible' sense of response from Reeces' display effort.  If anything, it felt like everything she threw out, washed over them, and was dissipated, like smoke in a breeze, and the weight of over ten thousand years of discipline rested in the center like a stone in a stream, unmoved, and unimpressed.  There was a long moment of silence, and it grew faintly heavy with anticipation.  Those aboard her ships had felt the power the male possessed, could still feel it, the calm and control was unimaginable.  Then his voice came again, through all of them.

"You are young, and so I will ignore your impertinence, and the arrogance that you feel the need to defend yourself with petty threat." Another brief pause, "There is no 'covenant' all Wraith follow, besides that set by the Queens they serve.  Cattle make covenants, and rules, and live their brief pathetic lives as cattle does... miling about aimlessly until it is their time to serve us... There was no 'culling' here.  We have learned from others what this 'culling' is, and we are sickened by the decadence and decline of our race."

"If you are the Voice for someone else... this 'Guide'... then let them speak ... for if you were our Voice... we would sooner die of starvation than be represented so poorly."
  There was an echoing 'tisk, tisk,' like someone chucking their tongue in disapproval. "So quick to temper, so swift to immature displays of power to make yourself secure... I wonder how long that kind of weakness can maintain control of so many true Wraith."   

As the words 'True Wraith' echoed through her fleet, the seeds of decent were planted.  Any who were already discontent with their service began to question, any who were yearning for the days when the Wraith were something to be feared, and respected, began to voice their thoughts to the others.  All the while the small detachment of ships in front of them were still, silent, and waiting for something even more potent to arrive.  They could all feel it, like watching a coast line receed as the wave built up height and pressure out on the horizon, speeding toward the shore as an unstoppable force of nature.

Only this time, they were the shore, and the coming wave had no end...

Star Hunter

• Senior Airman
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2014, 07:42:58 PM »

Pulse-Wraith

Surely, the words echoing in his mind made him cringe with fear.
Pulse had never felt something like that before.
This male Wraith was just too powerful to be true. His telepathy seemed to be endless, which couldn't be very natural.
So what would their queen be like then?
The only thing that let Pulse really be awestruck, was the fact that he was on inferior ship, for there was no doubt Reese - whomever she may represent - stood no chance against this enemy ship in case of battle.
The cleverman could only hope they would settle this dispute without a fight.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2014, 08:49:01 PM »

~Your psionic waves of emotion and vain attempts to sway my crew have no effect on this ship~ She had blocked his every move with her own, the power of a Queen, albeit in a slightly modified body. ~From your words, I can only reason you've not seen the waking from your hibernation for many a year: that or you have come far and lost touch with your brethren. Things have changed a greatfold and you would do well to heed my words. No longer can we do what we wish, we are no longer the hunters, we are the hunted~

That she said with all the honor and sincerity one Wraith to another can muster. That, was what this newcomer needed to understand. ~You will find my maturity and leadership of that, far beyond my years...if you wish to meet in person, we may have much to discuss. But...I will not engage in a dueling brawl that serves no end. Neither to you or my fleet. I may come away wounded, but you would lose all you have~

As Reese spoke, images of Todd's greater fleet came to her mind; they were less than five minutes away.
Far Dareis Mai

Atlantis GM

• Moderator with board mod
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Atlantis GM has great potential!Atlantis GM has great potential!Atlantis GM has great potential!Atlantis GM has great potential!Atlantis GM has great potential!Atlantis GM has great potential!Atlantis GM has great potential!Atlantis GM has great potential!Atlantis GM has great potential!
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2014, 10:26:36 PM »

{ Commander Todd }

From Fleet Flag Ship

A telepathic message makes its way to Reece. The voice is testy, grumpy and displeased.

~I am on my way, child.~

Ares

« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2014, 05:16:43 PM »

There was no further response from the small assembled formation before them.  Having sensed Reese responding to something other than what was present, it was clear even more ships were approaching.  He mentally sighed and took a moment to assess what options were before him. 

Too much was unknown, and that made gaps in strategy that were unacceptable risks.  There had not been much information in the Wraith they'd already assimilated, being a fringe rogue element themselves they were detached to all but the most common of knowledge, and so acting preemptively he sent a single thought toward the approaching black hulled hive. 

"Wait...  The thought was accepted, and he felt his queen's curiosity, but her acceptance of his suggestion putting her trust in his ability.  And so they waited, in silence, for what was to happen next.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2014, 08:49:29 PM »

Reese stood tall and proud on her bridge, at least for now she had managed to avoid a rather catastrophic out come. The last thing she wanted and indeed Guide, was another Wraith on Wraith war...enough of that had been seen already and no one wins from that. She 'sent' to Todd. ~They await your voice Guide. They must be made to see the way of things now. We have worked to hard to hold the hives together to lose it all now in a fight no one wants.~ She made sure the Warden and indeed the other Queen could feel her words and emotions as well.
Far Dareis Mai

Atlantis GM

• Captain
  • Atlantis GM has great potential!Atlantis GM has great potential!Atlantis GM has great potential!Atlantis GM has great potential!Atlantis GM has great potential!Atlantis GM has great potential!Atlantis GM has great potential!Atlantis GM has great potential!Atlantis GM has great potential!
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2015, 08:40:49 PM »

In minutes, Todd arrives with his Hive along with three cruisers, darts ready for deployment. He had no idea what the stripeling had gotten herself into this time. Just once he would like to send her on a recon mission and not have to come to her rescue.

'What have you done this time?' He directs the thoughts to her, careful to keep them only for her. No other would sense anything from him but silence aside from his powerful presence. He manages to get his growl into his mental message, as well. He did not need another war with another faction. Especially with the readings his sub-commander is giving him about what was on the planet below. An ancient hive, but a powerful one. He is not concerned with whether or not they would win, but more that they would not win by much.

Ares

« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2015, 09:55:39 PM »

When the new ships arrived, and the shielded presence was felt, the Warden aboard the central scoutship paused.  His masked face tilted to one side, watching not the ship's readouts, but what he felt, what he sensed.  Something was different now.  The paltry theatrics of the would be Wraith on the hive were no longer a concern.

This felt... familiar... which was impossible.  He had been on that abandoned planet, guardian of an endless tomb of sleep.  Nothing, no one should have survived as long as he.  His zen like calm broke in a moment of panic, a crack in that seamless mental vice he kept himself in check with, and ten thousand years of isolation and solitude crashed over him briefly. 

A breath later, he was himself again, straightening at the helm of the scout ship, but that little crack had been enough.  She knew he was upset, and she was waiting only because He'd 'asked' Her to.  The nightshade eyes closed briefly in a moment of gratitude that She believed in him that much, and so the small envoy waited for what the new fleet of vessels would do. 

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2015, 10:26:08 PM »

The sense of irritation from Guide was palpable and more than once in her 500 years under his tutelage had she felt his wroth and the sting of a backhand to go with it. Reese had grown much since then and she didn't get to be where she was because of familial connections. ~Obeying orders Guide. We were engaged once again with the Vanir to keep the planets remaining to us free from their incursions.~ She all but spat the next thought out and made no attempt to hide it either. ~We came across these~ Her mind extended to the strangers ship. ~Our hive will not feed today~ She had no need to spell it out, they had come across too many worlds the Vanir had already emptied.
Far Dareis Mai

Star Hunter

• Senior Airman
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2015, 07:01:09 PM »

Pulse-Wraith

Pulse felt somewhat lost in all the psychic conversation the leaders of the ships held.
There was nothing he had to add to this discussion, even if there was something, he wouldn't be allowed to.
So he just waited until it was over, ignoring the burning on his skin as his hunger grew to a maximum.
There had not been much food recently, and the cleverman was one of the last to get fed.
While this was something he was used to, he somehow doubted the commander of his hive would be able to retain the nourishment of her crew for a long time.
But he had no choice but to follow her or die trying.

[ooc: Why do you write in present tense now? That's quite confusing!]
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 04:56:17 PM by TzalekPulse »

Atlantis GM

• Captain
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2015, 04:50:14 PM »

The rumble of Todd's growl is felt to the core of every wraith aboard is bridge, though he keeps it from his telepathic communications with Reece. When the wraithling indicates the others, Todd gives his attention to them, wondering how long they'd been in hiding and how they'd managed to do so for so long. He reaches out for psychic residuals, assessing what had taken place. What he finds is bittersweet. The images that remain call to a time when he was much younger, when the Wraith were far more powerful. A time when feeding grounds were rich and wraith ravaged worlds with savage gluttony. A time when queens were powerful and merciless and he was young and gaining his own power.

But those times were no more and these wraith must be made aware of the new situation they have awoken to. They can no longer hunt in the way they used to.  They needed to band together, and most importantly, learn that  there is now another way. Though with the age of these, he is certain that they will be appalled at the prospect of losing their ability to feed as they once did.

He moves to a console and presses some buttons before sending a message aloud to the other ship. "You are moments from being wiped from existence. Explain your actions here."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8