Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: PG8-K59 Alpha Site- Commanders Office-lvl 16  (Read 6075 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 178
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: PG8-K59 Alpha Site- Commanders Office
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2014, 12:22:22 PM »

Chalmer's reaction to the lieutenant's news is a bit alarming, but after the initial start from the slam of the desk, Turk tucks it away as valuable intel on a CO she will likely have to deal with in some capacity. She's had COs that behaved much more badly on purpose AND from dawn til dusk- not just in reaction to unpleasant news. Outbursts happen, particularly when blindsided, and Chalmers *was* human, despite what she wanted people to think.

Her ears pricked up at the mention of her name, followed quickly by the words 'combat drills', 'simulators', 'four O one', and 'three O 2', as well as the fact that Chalmers was obviously well aware she was standing just outside the doorway. She stuck her head around the jamb to nod at the general. "Yes ma'am," she said to acknowledge the order, and fell in behind Renner and Agathon as they exited the room. She cast a sideways glance at Jon, wondering how someone who seemed to be afraid of his own shadow half the time made it through the corps. 'Very atypical for a marine. They're usually complete jerks and show a decided lack of self-preservation.' She pondered this for a moment as they walked. 'Hopefully he'll get over it. If he does, I might actually be able to more than tolerate him...'
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2014, 05:44:28 PM »

"I won't keep you long Collins." Lucille assured her. At least she had hoped this conversation wasn't going to be one of those types of discussions that ended up being something that dragged on over several days with communications going back and forth between herself and the SGC. That wasn't in her plans and she was quite sure Sean had given her enough authority to make the final decisions. "Sit down please Captain." She continued talking while Ryse got herself comfortable, this was one of her more pleasant duties to be sure.

"Some three months ago the IOA with the SGC's backing asked tasked us to select possible candidates for added battle capabilities for the Atlantis mission. To be more precise, two AC401 squadrons consisting of eight aircraft, much the same as we were supposed to have here." She couldn't deny that her request was yet to be fully implemented, as Sean said earlier to her, keep pressing and it'll happen.

"As much as I would love to keep you here and the others, right now my hands are tied. So - that being so, I'm putting forward four names and I wanted to sound you out on the subject. One- " She held up a single finger. "I'm going to accept Commander O'Neil's request for transfer to Atlantis, she will be the initial Squadron Commander. Two -" She held up the second finger. "You Captain I'm recommending for promotion to Major on the proviso you have completed your promotions board assessments, which I assume you have already done so. That in effect will place you as O'Neil's two eye see." Hopefully by now Ryse's interest had gathered momentum.

"Three and finally, both Turcotte and Agathon will be assigned as the final selection for this first lead in squadron. The task of all four of you will be to teach, instruct and train crews to fill out all the other positions as well as the second squadron." With that, she sat back to wait for the expected reaction, to that aim her face told Ryse, Lucille could implement these actions within a very short notice.

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Staff-Team Thumb turning green.Staff-Team Thumb turning green.
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2014, 09:14:50 PM »

{ Captain Ryse Collins }

The mere thought of finally getting what she wants, never mind being able to serve with Turk again has her insides bubbling and bursting and she has to fight to hold in her excitement. So the next mouthful of words to fall from the commander's lips nearly have her in tears. She tries desperately to come up with a coherant response for the General. What feels like minutes pass before sounds finally come from her.

"Um ... Major ... uh ..." She blinks, clears her throat and tries again. "Wow. I really don't know what to say, Ma'am. I'm .. honoured that you would recommend me for something like that. I mean, I put my request in for a transfer to Atlantis months ago. I just figured it hadn't been approved ..." She stops and takes a breath. Rambling. Stuttering. 'What the hell has gotten into you, Collins?'

"Even without the promotion, Ma'am, I accept. Enthusiastically." 'Can I go pack my bags now?' In her mind, Ryse has already assembled her usual lists before being deployed elsewhere, or going on a trip, or ... well ... pretty much everything she does.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2014, 03:21:29 PM »

There was of course always one factor in the grand scheme of things that was missing- that being the arrival of the Dreadnought. Lucille had the movements notice sitting right there in front of her and was well aware that the ships destination after her stop over here was for her to proceed to Pegasus to replace the Odyssey. The thing was, she was late and even though Lucille knew these things can happen, it was rare for her not to be informed of the reasons. She would have to rectify that of course- by going to the source and asking.

"So we can say you're rather pleased with our meeting Captain?" Of course the woman was, how else would you describe that face and reaction. "I'll do the paper work the moment you walk out of here. There is the little matter of your belongings back home and those of Turcotte's as well. I say this because the Dreadnought was due here last night and has failed to both arrive and notify me of the delay. She is being sent to Atlantis and in that it was my intention for you and those I'm assigning to go in transit with her. As of now, I understand Colonel Sheppard is at the SGC- I can contact him today to request he makes his return to Atlantis via the Alpha site and the Dreadnought. That should speed things up a little." The girls baggage of course could be sent along to them from the SGC, that shouldn't be an issue.

That being said, there was little else for either of them to do other than fill in the time while they wait. Lucille did have a mountain to do and one or more radio calls to make. "So if you've no further questions I would suggest you get down to the Simulators and see how well your new crew are doing- by the way Collins, it was an honour for me to do this." Once now and then in her life Chalmers did get to do pleasant things, this was one of those rare moments.

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2014, 08:33:09 PM »

{ Captain Ryse Collins }

"We could definitely say that, Ma'am." Ryse confirms with a wide grin. When she says that Sheppard's on Earth, she really perks up. It was already going to be a treat getting to work with him and Turk again, but being able to take the trip to Atlantis with him? She can't help but think of the mischief the three of them could get into. Sure, Sheppard had ... matured a bit in his time on Atlantis, but she knew he was still a prankster and fairly laid-back leader.

"No, Ma'am, it's my honour to accept. You know .. when everything goes through, of course." She adds with a grin. She knew well how one superior's suggestion could turn into another superior's desires. But seeing as it was Sheppard who was said superior, she wasn't too concerned. Of course, she has her own opinion on the matter, but that wasn't her decision to make. She would be damned if she said anything, too. If the General thought she was capable, then she must have proven it somehow. Besides. All else fails, she had Sheppard to pass the buck to. Which would certainly be fun ...

"In case you're unaware, I move to the base some time ago, not caring to hold down an apartment in the city. So all my things are in my quarters back at the base. Should make it easy to pack things up since I pretty well kept everything in order." She informs her, ready to pounce on Turk, but waiting politely to be officially dismissed.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2014, 04:36:56 PM »

Gratification came in many ways in this age- seeing a happy officer was one of them for Lucille. One could say she had changed slightly over the last few years, less aggressive, less in your face. That wasn't totally true, she simply knew when to give and when to take, when to dish it out and when to hold back. It was all about diplomacy and that extended down the line as far as the rawest recruit.

"I can see it all over your face Captain, much akin to a five year old girl getting her first Barbie doll, or in my case GI Joe." Strangely that was true, you can blame her father for that. "Get those promotion board assessments done in good time and you'll be wearing those acorns within a month. For the moment you will have all the entitlements and accords that go with the rank. Lieutenant Colonel Sheppard will have your file by the time you reach Atlantis, so nothing more needs to be done there."

Now that was out of the way, Lucille needed to set the wheels in motion. "My clerk will contact the SGC and make the arrangements for your things to be sent through, I would assume Captain Turcotte is in the same position, so we'll kill tow birds with one stone. That will be all Captain." At this point Lucille stood, that old CO's signal letting her people know it was time to let loose. "Go see if you can create some havoc with your new wing mates with my blessing." Certainly its what a younger Lucille Chalmers would do.

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2014, 09:28:28 PM »

*Radio*

"Technician Israel to General Chalmers. The Dreadnaught is on her way here."
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2014, 04:19:17 PM »

That one little radio call over Lucille's radio intercom was as pleasant as rain on a hot summer's day. "Well 'Major', it looks like we'll be going the same way. I'll have to suspend the simulation training forthwith." She leaned over her desk, pressing the appropriate button. "Thank you Israel, tell them we'll be expecting them. Have the Captain and whoever she deems to tag along to beam into the conference room, as I expect the briefing room to be too small."

<<To Simulator Room>>

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2014, 05:31:01 PM »

{ Major Ryse Collins }

Ryse grins. She, too, was far more excited about a GI Joe than a Barbie doll. She'd been a Tom-boy all her life, and her entrance into the military certainly didn't surprise any of her family or friends.

"They're already complete, Ma'am. In fact, I completed them when I put in for a transfer, just in case." She grins widely. The promotion was going to be amazing. Of course, she now had extra responsibility, but that's fine. She knew it would have to happen. She just hopes she doesn't let anyone down. At least she knows she'll have Turk with her. And Shep. though he'd be the one tearing into her if she screws up.

Ryse is on her feet almost at the exact timing as the General. She's always been the observant time and had that down to a science. But before she can say 'Yes, Ma'am.' there's a radio call that the Alpha Site was about to have guests. When the General refers to her as Major, she gets butterflies and this time, can't stop the ear-to-ear grin from forming. She steps to the side, allowing the CO to get past her and quickly falls into step with her.

<< To Simulator Room >>

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2015, 09:27:05 PM »

<<From Gate Room>>

{Leading Seaman Alexander Fry-RN QMG} NPC

The door was slightly ajar when Alexander arrived, bringing Colonel Lee with him and that was a sign that the General was in as lately today she had been all over the base and quite hard to pin down in one place. Alex push the door open a little more after a light knock. "General Ma'am, Lieutenant Colonel Lee from the SGC to see you."
Far Dareis Mai

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2015, 07:55:55 PM »

It had been both a tiring and stressful day for Lucille, she was on the verge of a headache and that was only the beginning of what she knew was going to be a difficult nights sleep. Yet she was a stickler for holding onto old adages and in this case it was one of simply 'soldier on' which she was quietly doing when the knock at the door came to her ears; dressed now in her clean day uniform of khaki, she promptly sat at her desk with her arms laying straight out in a regulation manner on top. "Enter." That was all she needed to say.

Ares

« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2015, 08:34:51 PM »

Giving an incline of his head to the soldier as he passed the doorway he straigtened to attention in front of the desk as he came fully inside, though he caught himself before saluting as he had in the SGC Office. "Lieutenant Colonel Donovan Lee SG6 lead reporting for reassignment, Sir."  He quietly took the folded requisition and straightened it, and set it on a section of desk that didn't have anything on it then straightened again, staring at a spot on the far wall.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2015, 12:13:35 AM »

{Leading Seaman Alexander Fry-RN QMG} NPC

With his duty done and nothing he could say, Alex turned smartly from the door, returning to his post. As he walked the long hallways, his mind went over a few things, the first was who was going to replace Chlamers and the second was, what was this Lee going to be like in O'Neil's shoes; both were hard women and both had pulled this base into line where it was left wanting at times.

<<To Gateroom>>
Far Dareis Mai

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2015, 07:36:25 PM »

Briefly Lucille stood, a Marine's matter of ceremony as it were. "Take a seat please Lieutenant Colonel there is much to discuss before Colonel Davis arrives and with you here now it will save me having to repeat myself." She sat back down again, slid the paperwork across, placing it in front of her; she would of course read it more carefully later, as for now she knew the content since it was approved by her in any case. "Welcome to the SGC's Alpha Site by the way."

She began. "You and of course Colonel Davis are being placed here for two reasons the first of course is the replacement of both myself and Commander Jordan O'Neil. The second reason for you specifically is because I asked for a Marine and only three names came up, yours was my selection and for good reason which you'll find out shortly." She drew her hands back, clasping them together in a loose knot, looking at him directly she asked. "Before we proceed further, I need to ask one simple question. How do you get along with women?" A curious question, but one that needs asking if his tenure here is to be successful.

Ares

« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2015, 08:06:29 PM »

Donovan moved into one of the seats with his customary boneless grace, sitting with upright posture and candid expression listening to the General speak.  When she specified she'd been looking for Marines to replace the current staff, he wondered if perhaps they were looking to militarize the Alpha site rather than use it as an extension of the more scientific and exploration aspects the SGC was operating under. When she asked her question however, his brow lifted on one side and he took a second to adjust to the oddity of it.

"Sargent Sorijevo..." he began, pausing and clarifying in a softer tone, "Emily... I count among one of the few people I first trusted implicitly, outside General O'neill, Doctor Jackson and Master Teal'c.  Commander Carter never ... well... I was of no interest to her, and I was relocated before any working relationship would have ever surfaced.  Gender has no issue with me, unless it is used an excuse not to accomplish something.

He recalled the small party of figures departing the gate room's control center, and wondered if perhaps this was why she asked him such an odd question.  Then he had to remind himself, most earth men, and military men specifically, had some strange issue with females not being their equal.  Where he came from this was not the case, all were considered equally lesser, equally insignificant in the eyes of the Ori.  He wondered if she had read his restricted file, or just the public military record.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

lethal-pageant