Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: PG8-K59 Alpha Site Main Entrance  (Read 3556 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 205
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
PG8-K59 Alpha Site Main Entrance
« on: March 17, 2015, 07:09:43 PM »

The main surface entrance to the Alpha Site is a heavily fortified concrete area placed within a small ravine against a wooded hillside. It is almost undetectable from above and features eight hidden gun emplacements ranging from 25mm rapid fire canon, to the ubiquitous .50 calibre heavy machine gun. These are all in pop up mounts surrounding the entry.

The pathway is 16 feet wide and 12 feet high beneath the armored overhang.

Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
Re: PG8-K59 Alpha Site Main Entrance
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 10:40:16 PM »

Jordan took her time, she knew quite well that all four of them were likely to either get lost, or have to ask directions to find their way here. It wasn't really all that hard, you only had to go to the nearest elevator and ascend 17 levels. She stood by the inner blast doors, looking at her watch, all the while planning the afternoon's exercise.
Far Dareis Mai

George4

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 10:49:15 PM »

He had stopped to get directions once and then took the elevator up the 17 levels and exited out to the entrance.  It was sorta layed out the same as the earth site with some differences.  He saw the commander and gave her a salute. He wasn't sure if he should speak at this time. Well if he was going to get in trouble might as well do so now.

He saw that the Sargent wasn't here yet and was probably putting up whatever gear he didn't need.

So before anyone else came up. He said aloud to no one in particular,

"I am to guess my driving never made it to my file."
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 04:59:07 PM by George4 »

Shadowlord

• Sin Bin
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2015, 11:12:50 PM »

John eventually found his way to the entrance wondering if he was at the right spot he began moving towards the nearest source of sunlight.
Upon exiting the base he found the planet to once again be extremely beautiful with much alien life spread around it was almost a shame he did not have time to study it more closely.
He wondered if the Commander would let him go on a mission with some scouts or scientists.

"Hello Corporal he said as he saw the man standing nearby probably waiitng for him"

"How do you feel about this mission?" he asked

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2015, 09:00:22 PM »

Jon was satisfied. Jordon liked him so far. He did his part. Now the next part would probably pit him in some pretty heavy team stuff. Something any father would be proud of. Making sure he got all his gear after talking to that sergeant, he wandered his way back to the surface entrance where he saw the team again. Seeing Jordon, he approached her and saluted, "Reporting in, Ma'am. Are we starting the exercise soon?"

He looked around the forest scene and inhaled breathing in the nice cool air. It was nice being outside again.
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Kaster Sane

• Staff Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Kaster Sane is looked down upon.
  • lets kick some teeth in on a galactic scale
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2015, 05:54:52 PM »

Finally stepping off the lift with a look on his face that could nearly murder someone in itself, Kaster exitted with a few grumbling swears before finally spotting his squad and making his way over to them with his head shaking and his heavy southern tone bellowing out.    "Y'all sure as hell made this place hard to get to Commander"

sleepydemon

• Second Lieutenant
  • sleepydemon is looked down upon.
  • I thought it was a good idea at the time
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2015, 07:38:21 PM »

The Captain walked out into the bright sunlight. She was very interested in the motley crew of marines.

She had let a thought cross her mind about a certain man but she shook her head and smile as she shimmied her way passed the four boys.

"Commander if its alright with you, I would like to be present and observe these boys and see how well the function as a unit. Whose the driver and the gun?"

She didn't know much about the four in front of her and she gave the commander a heartful salute. Despite not really being in uniform but more out of respect in front of the Americans.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 11:20:49 AM by sleepydemon »

Shadowlord

• Sin Bin
  • Captain
  • Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2015, 12:14:43 AM »

"I am the Gunner Maám" said John with a smile noticing the pretty woman that had come to watch over them

John looked back at his squad who still seemed reluctant to even acknowledge him much less work with him as a unit.

"Hey guys" he said hoping they would notice him talking this time

"Nice weather out here for an alien world huh" he said scanning for a reaction

"Maybe well get lucky and spot some aliens" he said turning back to the commander wondering if he should have spoken at all

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2015, 12:22:12 AM »

Now they were all present, that left only one thing to do, call up their rides. Jordan pipped her radio three times without speaking and not too soon afterwards a deep throaty sound was heard of the big GM V8 diesel, two of them to be precise. A few moments later as Jordan led them out into the wide open, a Humvee control vehicle pulled into view, followed by the LRPV. That was in a forest camouflage, the Humvee in standard desert buff.

"There does seem to be a little confusion here, so I will clear it up for you..." She looked over at the new arrival, Turk, whom she found to be a steady hand at the controls of a 401 and it would be nice to have a third judge on hand for the exercise. "Thank you Captain, I'd appreciate you being with me and the Lieutenant here in the control car. To answer your question, the Sergeant here is Squad leader, he will be driving, he can rotate the gunner's position around during the exercise so the others can get that experience."

She took them right out to the road, the driver's of the vehicles alighted and left in a third car, a smaller Air Force Jeep, leaving the others to have their fun. "Okay people, this is the drum. The Captain, the Lieutenant and myself will be judging you and supervising the exercise from the Humvee. We will be going to the gunnery range some twelve miles north west of here, as such I will lead you out. If you have no last questions before we leave...mount up."

As she was finishing up, the PFC finally managed to give some input. "There you go, that part is settled. Anything else?" She gave Valentine an approving look, he will get his second stripe soon.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 12:24:13 AM by RogueRanger »
Far Dareis Mai

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2015, 10:01:40 PM »

Jon nodded at the captain as Turk took her place. It was nice to see her outside again. He just hoped that shes not up for another run in the simulators anytime soon. The marine took another look at the small crowd before him. When the commander said that they would be judging them based on their performance, Jon felt nervous. He just wanted to get back to piloting AC 401s and other training, but not...this. Especially if hes not the one training, but judging. He never liked judging people. It never ends well.

The British pilot decided to keep his silence as usual. Mainly because he didn't want to sound nervous. Instead, he kept his good, but solid marine face on.
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

George4

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2015, 11:00:34 PM »

Performance based tests weren't hard in boot camp but they probably were not too different here. He was mildly disappointed that he wasn't driving but he would get his chance he wondered if he would have to ride shotgun because his mos was sniper. probably get his chance to drive soon.

He turned to Valentine when he asked him a question and said, "it's better then sitting in a ship waiting to get beamed to earth only to get told to head back. It should be interesting. The training exercise has me nervous because when we get one a big mission is coming up and one where one mistake or mistrust in your teammates could get us killed. But that's half the fun."
 He was already testing the wind.

"So when and if you shoot Valentine make sure it's slightly to the left of your target. The wind will help you hit."

He was ready and stood at attention when the commander spoke. He also saw Turk come up and got even more nervous when he heard of three judges for a training exercise. It was very strange.

He looked over at Kaser and waited to hear what he had to say but asked Hope.

"Any advice for the course?"
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 08:01:54 AM by George4 »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2015, 02:17:22 AM »

Finally there was some semblance of interest and that was exactly how it should be, as this was not going to be your usual training exercise. This little bit of training will put to test everything they have learned since boot camp and more; their wits and sharp eye, reaction times and hopefully knowing when to shoot and when not to. "Only this, do not take anything for granted, you are far from Earth and anything can happen here."
Far Dareis Mai

Kaster Sane

• Staff Sergeant
  • Kaster Sane is looked down upon.
  • lets kick some teeth in on a galactic scale
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2015, 03:06:43 PM »

A smirk slowly crept across Sanes thin lips at the sight of the massive LRVP that he intended to drive as if he'd just stolen it, His feet almost involuntarily carry him towards the massive machine as he bellowed out to his squad    "Roughnecks! Mount up!" With that said Kaster opened the door and climbed up into the drivers seat and set his M4a1 onto the seat next to him and spoke  "Don't worry Sabine, Daddy gonna fire you off 'gain soon enough beautiful" With a soft pat to the rifles stock he would move his hand to the ignition and crank the beast with a mighty roar before looking back to Valentine and Warwick "Woooooo! You boys ready to put foot to arse for Mama Earth?!?!"

Shadowlord

• Sin Bin
  • Captain
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2015, 10:58:53 PM »

Valentine climbed up onto the powerful cannon and got comfortable he wondered how rough the ride would be as Sane yelled back at him he was such a crude soldier.

"Lets go!" john yelled excited to be able to explore the planet

John looked at Henry as he heard the marine explaining to him how to shoot.

"Hurry up Henry!" he yelled at the marine trying to get him to snap back to attention

The engine was rather loud he hoped that they would get to see some wildlife.
It was great to be out of the bases artificial lighting for awhile anyway.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2015, 08:14:47 PM »

<<From Motor Pool>

Both remarks made Blake smile, his own home town was so small back in Montana, everyone knew everyone and most everyone was related to one another; total population when he left seventy eight. There was more livestock there than people, so yeah he was used to gossip. "I have no idea where you're headed Flynn, I mean after you're sent back to the SGC; but if an opportunity comes your way, you won't find a better posting than here." As he regained his drivers seat, Blake shoved the old bus back into gear and off they went. The next ten minutes took in some really beautiful scenery, something he drew in like dust to an oily cloth. "Looks like the Commander is getting ready for something." Blake said casually as he pulled the bus up, just short of where the humvee and LRPV were parked.
Far Dareis Mai
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

lethal-pageant