Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: PG8-K59 Alpha Site Main Entrance  (Read 3580 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 208
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: PG8-K59 Alpha Site Main Entrance
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2015, 02:58:27 AM »

Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2015, 12:28:21 AM »

Cate led the small group up to the surface, choosing her own passageways which often varied from those who weren't familiar with the base. There were deviations all through the complex and only after being established at the Alpha site did one learn of all its ins and outs.

They exited in the fresh air at last, to be greeted by the spectacular site of the dual sunset, one large sun sitting on the horizon, its smaller brother about 15 degrees above, that would extend the evening to around 2000 hours for the final sunset. She bathed in that glow for a moment before speaking again. "Linde, you and I are going up there." She pointed to the crest of the tree shrouded hill above the main entrance. "Lena, Doctor Warwick, you can follow us if you like and I would advise so as Lena knows only too well. Once sunset is finally here, you don't want to be alone outside."

She set off again at a swift walking pace to start the small climb to the top. Once there, she found a clearing among some maple like trees, sat down crossed legged and removed both her boots and socks. "Sit opposite me if you would please Linde and we'll get started." She had no idea exactly what she was doing, but this felt right.
Far Dareis Mai

Robert Laurel

• Sin Bin
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Robert Laurel is looked down upon.
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2015, 05:29:20 PM »

Linde sat down on a tree stump opposite Cate. "To establish in advance, there is no history, as far as I know, of any psychic ability in my family. There may be things perching in the the family tree that I don't know of. I have had no prophetic dreams or any other such episodes. I do believe that such phenomena exist; there have been too many such verified events within and without SGC to say other wise." She then gave the story of her trip to the El'dari ball. "Sunniva took me into a room in their palace and showed me rows upon rows upon rows of books about Tolkien and his writings and about Norse and Germanic and Celtic myths and legends. Some of them were very old, some were brand new. I know perfectly well that no El'dari has been on Earth to purchase them. Then she showed me a portrait. The portrait was of me. Or at least someone who is my identical twin. Sunniva said that it was the mother of their race; she was very unhelpful as to saying what it meant."

"It was afterwards that I started picking up stray thoughts from the El'dari. I was dancing with Baelor, he said that I was a latent telepath because of my ATA gene." Linde then told of the attack on the ball. "It was during that action that I actually started to receive clear thoughts. The El'dari were broadcasting to each other so strongly that I had no trouble picking up their thoughts." She halted her narrative to hear their reactions.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2015, 03:10:28 AM »

Cate listened carefully to what Linde had said and for her, it was old territory, in fact she had been down that very road herself and only recently, that much she knew and remembered. Without even thinking about it, she knew what she had to do and in that, she edged closer to Linde, placing her hands on the other woman's knees. "Do not at any time be alarmed Linde, this goes beyond your understanding of the waking world. What Sunniva had shown you, was a glimpse of both the past and the future, that portrait, may well have been you in another time and place, but not the woman she spoke of, the wheel that governs time is never ending, when you start at the beginning, there is no end." The riddle was as if she herself were an El'dari and then she closed her eyes, a grey mist surrounded the both of them and they were gone. Neither Lena nor Arcadia could see them any longer, it was as if they had been taken away.

*****************

The battle raged below the ramparts of the great citadel, a roaring horde battered against the out thrust walls, lights of thousands of torches showed the forms of the black armoured creatures that assailed those walls. A tall almost white haired woman with pointed ears thrust out with her hand, a flash of fire leaped from it, decimating those forces, yet still they came. The face turned, it was that of Cate and she spoke to her companion. "Lindewellen, this is but the first test, can you feel our brethren far away?" She asked then the scene jumped to a wooded grove in another time, out from the trees in a deep valley lay a huge ship, silvery grey in hue; forces poured from it, much like those in the previous battle. "Can you feel them, can you feel our family?" She asked again. Her grey eyes looked to the tops of the trees, they began to rustle as if a strong wind was coming, then of a sudden, slim tall forms began dropping from the tree tops, armoured in an unfamiliar battle dress, in hues of many shades. They swooped on the dark masses below, using what appeared to be energy lances, there thoughts, no voices, called to the two woman.
Far Dareis Mai

Robert Laurel

• Sin Bin
  • Major
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2015, 01:43:39 PM »

Linde suddenly found herself in the dream, if that is what it was; the ground was solid beneath her feet, she could hear the shouts and screams and smell the blood and sweat and odor of things that were not meant to burn. She put out her hand, and like the woman who wore Cate's face, fire lanced out, in an instant transforming a file of the attackers into dancing flames. The scene shifted again but the same dark armored figures poured out from the ship. A sudden recognition came to her: Borg. She didn't know how she knew, but this felt right. These were Borg as she had never seen them; armed and armored and in full panoply of war. She made to raise her hand again, but stopped when she saw the figures dropping out of the trees, slaying the Borg with their beam weapons. Lowering her hand, she gazed down at her body, then lifted her hand to her ears. El'dari. She wore an El'dari body. And their rescuers were El'dari. Again, this felt right. She could feel their minds calling to her and her spirit cried out in answer.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 02:06:02 PM by Robert Laurel »

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 70
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2015, 08:10:42 PM »

<Main Entrance/Exit>

"It's something I've wanted to be able to do for the last six months Michelle, though given our former circumstances and abode I'm sure you would be forgiving me for not doing so." Alex seemed casual about his answer, but deep in his heart there lay a profound sense of emotion not easily described in words. By the time the two of them had made their way to the top, the smaller Chrysler Jeep in dark Air Force grey he had asked for was there waiting, keys in the ignition ready to be driven anywhere. A small note on the seat read 'tank full', nothing else. He opened the passenger door and held out his hand to assist the woman who had stolen his heart in.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2015, 03:16:17 AM »

<Top of the Hill>

Somewhere far far away, another mind stirred and as the two 'El'dari' women were lured by the call of their brethren to the hunt, a figure all in white with dark raven hair suddenly appeared before them.

"You children should not be here!" The heavily pregnant Guardian said hotly. Her eyes were like ice, just as Cate remembered them. "Do you have any idea what you are doing? And I suspect you...Caterine were instrumental in this." As she spoke, the scene behind them disappeared, there was nothing now but a greyness.

Cate swallowed hard, but her resolve was like wrought steel. "You refused me when I asked questions Sunniva and as I have found out, you were evasive with Lindewellen as well." She used the ancient form of the name. "So, we conspired to find out ourselves the only way we knew how, although I had no idea what this would lead to...another one of those things you had planted within me?" Cate was just as angry as the Guardian and with good reason.

Sunniva looked at both of them, she could see no harm had been done for the moment. "At a time that is convenient, I will see both of you again, Lindewellen you are strong, yet like Caterine here you need training, I will take that in hand. Now, return to your bodies, it is dangerous in this world." She did though remain, she knew Linde would have questions.
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2015, 10:38:32 AM »

<Main Entrance/Exit>

Michelle followed Alex outside, enjoying the fresh air.  She frowned slightly, trying to follow his words.  'Something you've wanted to do for six months?" she repeated, trying to figure out just what he was talking about.  She really didn't know, but she had a feeling he would let her know soon.  She smiled a bit though when she saw the Jeep.  Apparently Alex had planned all this out.  As to when he had time to do that she had no idea.  'Thank you kindly," she smiled, carefully getting into the Jeep.  Both of them were still pretty battered from their ordeal on Zulu, so there was no sense in rushing things.  Although being here with Alex made her heart race.

Robert Laurel

• Sin Bin
  • Major
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2015, 01:54:30 PM »

"If we are children it is because you have kept us so," Linde said with some heat. "I want some answers, Sunniva. No half-truths, no misdirection, no evasions. Terrans are no puppets for your amusement. I am no puppet to be used so. As I told Cate, there I no history of psionic powers in my family. As far as I know, there are no psychics perching in my family tree. Where did I get them? Did you or the Asgard perform some in vitro procedures on my genome without my parent's knowledge? Or does the intervention go farther back? And the most important question. How do I learn to control this? Who trains me and how? I do not wish to be a danger to myself and others."

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 70
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2015, 08:04:31 PM »

With Michelle settled in nicely, Alex closed the door with a smile on his face, this was going to be a grand day or night as it was nearer to that. He gained the drivers seat easily, more so than he would have a year ago back home in his little green MG; his new leg saw to that and he was extremely pleased with it, even if he still had a little soreness on the stump. The thought of that fifty year old car made him wish he had it with them now, it would be far more romantic than the ubiquitous Jeep in his mind. Turning the key, the engine burst into life with Alex being grateful that Lucille let him use her own personal staff car rather than one of the bases everyday units. This one at least had an automatic transmission.

"I should correct that Michelle, if I knew what I do now, I would have the day we met." Still he was keeping his cards close to his chest and he was determined to keep it that way right to the last minute. "Anyway, there's this little shop in town I found on the base directory that I want to take you to, after that a divine restaurant that apparently their food is almost identical to classical French cuisine." If she was becoming curious now, Alex certainly hoped so.

<<To Foreston>>

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2015, 02:53:31 AM »

They were indeed strong women, not fazed at all by one of the most powerful beings in the universe and for that Sunniva was grateful, they would survive the troubles ahead. She smiled one of her very rare smiles for both of them. "I would call a five thousand year old Goa'uld a child Lindewellen. As to your other questions, they will be answered in time, be safe in knowing that you both have access to a store of knowledge, you only have to ask. Our libraries both here in your galaxy and mine, are always open to you." She lowered her head for a moment as if thinking, then lifted it. "I must go. In forty days of your time my child will be born, when that has passed I will guide you both personally."

Then as she disappeared only less dramatically this time she faded from sight. The moment she was gone, both Cate and Linde were back in their own realm, fast asleep curled in each others arms as children or siblings would be.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 11:37:00 PM by RogueRanger »
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2015, 09:15:18 AM »

Michelle settled back into the seat, waiting for Alex to take the driver's seat.  she would have offered to drive but one she didn't know where they were going and two she knew Alex wouldn't appreciate that.  So, she just settled into the seat and waited for Alex to give her anymore clues as to what they were up to, but she had no idea.  Michelle narrowed her eyes slightly. "Huh, now I'm really confused," she admitted.  Of course she had a feeling that was what he was going for.  They had been good friends since that first day they had met and now Michelle didn't know what they would do if they got separated without Zulu Station. "Mm, that sounds wonderful.  I certainly won't argue about that."  Although it made her even more curious.

<<To Foreston>>

Robert Laurel

• Sin Bin
  • Major
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2015, 01:05:09 PM »

Linde awoke and looked around and gently untangled herself from Cate, seeing Arcadia and Lena staring at them in amazement. "Damned chattering elf! Questions will be answered in time! Bah!" She then drifted off into a torrent of extremely rude language in both Russian and German, with some French thrown in for variety. She then looked at her watch and jumped up, dismayed. "Mein Gott! I have been here too long. I have house guests and my father is due in and I need to get back home."

VagabonD SerpenT

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • VagabonD SerpenT is a force to reckon with.VagabonD SerpenT is a force to reckon with.VagabonD SerpenT is a force to reckon with.VagabonD SerpenT is a force to reckon with.VagabonD SerpenT is a force to reckon with.VagabonD SerpenT is a force to reckon with.VagabonD SerpenT is a force to reckon with.VagabonD SerpenT is a force to reckon with.
  • Forum Bouncer, so behave.
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2015, 01:36:52 AM »

Ovcharenko and Arcadia fell a little behind the other two as they walked. She had stopped not too far away from the spot where Cate and Linde chose to sat down and waited, patiently, knowing that something will happen. She did raise her brow in surprise and amusement as they vanished. Lena glanced at Doctor.

"Don't ask, she's getting more and more strange with each day passing... You just wait..."

The Russian even yawned a little as she did wait. A few glances at her watch told her that her friend and Linde were missing for a while already. A worry began creeping into Elena. For all what's it worth, Cate and Linde could be vanished for good from now on, and she didn't really want to give any explanation to anyone. Then all of a sudden, those two popped back where they were, only curled up in peaceful sleep.

"See?"

She was however still amazed, despite all that she saw over those years of service with the StarGate. Linde was first to wake up and Elena was genuinly amazed at the river of the obscene lexicon flowing out of the woman's mouth. Lena made a few steps toward Linde.

"Hey, it's okay... Their likes are always like this, arrogant and patronizing, but the higher they are, the harder they fall... I'm telling you, if we keep going as we did for the last fifteen or so years, then our grandchildren will see Terran Empire ruling damn Universe.."
Terra Locuta. Causa Finita.

Bickering with an admin is like fighting a dragon. You gave him a good kick, poked his eye with your sword and already are aiming to cut his throat open, when the dragon gets tired and finally breathes out.

Robert Laurel

• Sin Bin
  • Major
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2015, 05:57:33 PM »

"Humph," was the only reply Linde gave as she very lightly touched Cate to wake her up, then moved back quickly just in case she lashed out upon waking.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

lethal-pageant