Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: PG8-K59 Alpha Site Lake District-The Flood  (Read 2686 times)

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!
  • "I am the Mother!"
Re: PG8-K59 Alpha Site Lake District-The Flood
« Reply #90 on: August 05, 2015, 07:22:36 PM »

<At sea>

~MV Cavalinha~

{Master Jorge Bosques} NPC

Sadly Jorge bid farewell to his grandson and son in law when the young girl took them away, his heart wanting to be with them yet his sense of duty was to his ship. Before leaving, he made sure the power was off completely, cut the trawl lines just a moment before the Coast Guard boat came alongside. It was always a risky business jumping from one boat to another, though after two attempts he made it safely, not moving from the cutters foredeck for several minutes as he watched his own boat be drawn ever closer to the shore. In less than thirty minutes he would though be safe and dry, ready to begin planning his next moves to secure the future for his crew and families.

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #91 on: August 06, 2015, 01:35:56 AM »

The rescue was ongoing amid against the coming storm. It was harsh. Raining. Cold. Jon continued to observe the events. Keeping updates and channeling his inner calm against the harsh conditions. The Jayhawk continued its way back to the station to pick up a few passengers. Jon hoped, pardon the pun, that the rescue would be almost done. He was starting to shiver a bit. It was getting cold in the cockpit. Looking out through the window, he watched the station come closer. He didnt know or couldnt see it, but Teya might be feeling like Jon was feeling under the coming stress. He was coming with a headache. Although he was bred against the harsh elements, but lately he's been out of his game. He hadn't felt anything like this since his training in the Annapolis Naval Academy.
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!
« Reply #92 on: August 06, 2015, 09:50:08 AM »

<Aboard Jayhawk>

Teya turned the Jayhawk toward the Coastguard helo pad.  She cursed under her breath as the winds started to die down. "You've got to be kidding me," she grumbled.  The storm had literally waited til just after they had rescued the crew to decide to let up.  Teya wanted nothing more then to stretch out for a few minutes now and get her bearings back.  This had been a stressful rescue.

She soon had the Jayhawk hovering over the helo pad. "Jaworski, your chariot awaits," she smiled, waiting for the medic to make to his appearance.  She just hoped he was able to help the boy.  It had sounded bad when she had listened to Emily.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #93 on: August 06, 2015, 08:44:13 PM »

< On board MH-60T Jayhawk >

Once she had sedated the father of the boy, giving him 20 cc's of morphine to make him comfortable, Emily attended to the kid, he had no need at this point for any sedation as he was still unconscious; she checked to see why and found a rather large lump on the back of his head, no blood though which was a good think. Just knocked out. She administered an IV of fluids for him, the rest was a wait for further treatment. She settled back next to him, watching the monitor she had now connected, not taking her eyes of it.

Teya was possibly the best chopper pilot TJ had ever met, failing one and he guessed rightly that the other one was most likely with Mike, he'd rarely known them to be apart even to the point a rumor had been circulating that 'she' had threatened to deck the new commander at the SGC, one of his own former Captains, Sean Davidson; if he didn't post Mike to her ship. The funny thing was, he could believe it.
                                                                             *******************

< CG HQ >

Even though it was such a brief stay, Elle felt a pang of sadness leaving the station. She felt it was the kind of place both her and Mike could spend a lot of time, even in the work sense and Mureñjo  was such a lovely old guy, much like her own father, she knew they'd get on fine. As they both slipped on the suits, then made their way out to the helo pad, Elle looked up to see the Jayhawk coming in smoothly, yes it was Teya, she knew that now.

TJ slid open the door as the chopper hovered over the Coast Guard base, he lowered a double strop to those he could see below and yes, Elle was there, the bright light told him as much. As the strop reached them, he spoke into the chopper's external loud hailer. "Captain McFearson, nice to see you again. You know the drill."

Elle grabbed the device as it came to them, smiling a rather seductive smile. "You know Mike, I'll use every excuse I can to have you close don't you?" She slipped one half around him, under his arms, then the other half under her own. With both hands free and thumbs up, she signaled to TJ above, the voice was a dead giveaway.

"Winch up!" TJ called, then turned Emily. "Looks like its going to be your day Em, Elle McFearson is joining us."

Emily groaned and buried her head. If there was one thing she had difficult with and that was another Australian and a senior officer at that. "Can I go home now." She said meekly.

The tension pulled with the two of them going up fairly quickly, Elle wrapped her legs around Mike to keep him steady. "Don't get any ideas buster, not the time nor the place."

"Good to see you both again." TJ told them above the noise as he pulled them in, slamming the door immediately. Once inside, he removed the strops, handing both of them a helmet with a radio set. "There's your boy Mike." He pointed to the basket and Emily beside him.

"TJ, its been a while." Elle replied taking her own helmet, nudging Mike forward. She sat with her back to the cockpit wall, she'll surprise the pilot once they start talking.

"Quite a while. Take us home Commander."
TJ responded to Elle, then Teya.

Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • NG is a rising star!NG is a rising star!NG is a rising star!NG is a rising star!NG is a rising star!NG is a rising star!
« Reply #94 on: August 07, 2015, 12:46:40 AM »

< CG HQ -> MH-60T Jayhawk >

After a quick change of clothes, they were out in the rain again. The winds roared, but with a helicopter hovering over their heads, it was hard to tell what was what.
Mike closed his eyes as the sling came down over his head and arms, took a firm hold of Elle and braced himself for the pain he knew was coming when the line tightened up.
He could only nod at Elle’s comment as their feet left the ground and they were winched up. ‘Breathe through it, control your breathing, it’ll be over in a minute. Just breathe.’ The abused ribs complained loudly, and the haul up to the chopper was pure agony.

When they finally landed in the chopper, Mike acknowledged TJ with a silent nod and a face he guessed was more greenish pale than anything else, so he remained sitting on the floor, just breathing through the pain and nausea for another minute, ‘I am So Not throwing up in here!’ before wiping the rain off his face, put the helmet on and adjusted the mic before climbed to his feet to move over towards the young man and Em.
He managed to put on a smile as he reached the medic, “Really good to see you again Em. How is our friend here doing?” As he spoke, Mike shot a look at the monitor and started making a more hands on assessment of his own.

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!
« Reply #95 on: August 07, 2015, 08:44:55 AM »

<Aboard MH-60T Jayhawk>

Teya made sure to keep the Jayhawk steady as TJ took care of getting Mike onboard.  She had no idea her best friend was with the medic.  Of course she had been concentrating on other things and hadn't thought about the rumors going around about how Mike and Elle were extremely close.  Something that she envied her friend.

Teya waited to get the all clear from TJ that everyone was settled again. "On our way guys.  hot chocolate and cookies on me when we get back," she said over the radio.  She would go into Foreston if she had to to find those goodies.  They all deserved a treat after this.  And hopefully the two injured they had on board would bounce back alright.  She swung the chopper around and headed back to the Alpha Site, glad that the storm had let up a bit.  At least she didn't have to white knuckle the controls now.  It would be a lot smoother getting home then it had been getting out here.

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #96 on: August 07, 2015, 08:40:42 PM »

Jon took one quick second to look at Teya. He could use some hot chocolate and cookies, so he smiled a bit about that as he added, "I like mines with marshmallows and some of that English biscuits when we get back."

The storm was letting up. Jon glad of that. This seasonal thing was getting tiresome as he hoped the monsoon would be gone soon. It mean't smooth and easy flight back with additional passengers. He turned around a bit and spoke, "Everybody alright back there?"

The marine continued to aid Teya as the co pilot monitoring the consoles. Checking the fuel or damages to make sure they were able to fly back without trouble.
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #97 on: August 07, 2015, 09:42:58 PM »

"He's with her, I know it." Emily said to herself sullenly. She knew they were an item all those years ago when she first drafted into the alpha site, but she never imagined it would last so long, McFearson she thought was simply to masculine to keep a relationship with anyone and here she was, Emily carrying a flame for Mike all this time. Well she had to admit, he did have a few years on her, but not enough it would matter. She sighed, then answered him professionally. "Stable sir, I've administered an IV of fluids, but no morphine. He has a small contusion on the back of his skull, but as you can see on his monitor he is doing well despite his circumstances." 

The old man saw the exchange, he saw Emily's look as well, he wasn't ignorant of the fact either as he knew Emily had been holding a torch for Mike ever since he left. With a shrug he answered Jon. "All good ElTee, oh and Commander, you have an old buddy back here." He winked at Elle, she could speak now if she chose to."

For a long moment Elle kept her hand on Mike's, feeling his own pain through his hand. She knew the strop would have hurt, that was the sole reason she leg bound him, to try and take more weight herself. But now that he had work to to do, she could relax a little. She did though notice the strange reaction on Harris, a loveable kid she knew a while ago. "Thanks a lot TJ for giving me up." She laughed.

"A pleasure ma'am."

"Teya, its Legs. Nice to know we're in good hands here. We didn't have much time yesterday, so maybe we can catch up after you've secured." Still her hand stayed right where it was, even if she did feel better about things. "You'll take care of him won't you Mike?" She whispered to her man.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 02:44:56 AM by RogueRanger »
Far Dareis Mai

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • NG is a rising star!NG is a rising star!NG is a rising star!NG is a rising star!NG is a rising star!NG is a rising star!
« Reply #98 on: August 10, 2015, 03:32:55 PM »

Mike nodded at Em’s assessment and pulled his hands through the young mans hair in search for the contusion, found it and grimaced slightly when his right gloved-covered hand came back with traces of blood, “It’s going to need a few stitches, but as you said, nothing to worry about now. No step offs or other indications of scull fractures so far. Hopefully it’s nothing more than a concussion.”
He shot a fast look at Elle, like he only now noticed her presence and then focused back on the young man’s vitals as he replied absentmindedly, “Of course I will.”
Pulling off the gloves, Mike gave Em a smile and a pat on the arm, “Nice work. Back in a few,” and by that he turned and moved over to the older man.
Moving around in the cramped space of the chopper hurt more than he wanted to admit, and he hoped neither TJ or Emily would take notice of his discomfort. He just didn’t have time for that right now.
He crouched by the older man and after a quick check; he raised his hand to change frequency on the radio to get in touch with the infirmary, then halted his motion and radioed the cockpit instead, “Jaworski here. What’s our ETA on the Alpha site? Oh, and I’d like a parking spot as close to the door as possible, thank you.”

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #99 on: August 11, 2015, 08:43:33 AM »

Teya gave Jon a tight smile.  they were almost home.  she had to laugh a bit at his words. "You got it," she grinned in answer to his request for hot chocolate and British cookies.  she wrinkled her nose a bit. "An old friend?" she asked TJ.  She hadn't really been able to pay attention to much besides keeping the chopper level and getting the others on board without injury.

Teya's eyes lit up when she heard Elle's voice. "Well, lookee what the storm blew in," she grinned. "Good to see you again, Elle.  And most definitely.  I just promised everyone hot chocolate or coffee and a treat, so you're more then welcome to join us."

she looked over her should briefly at Mike's question. "Six minutes out.  I'll land you as close as I can to the entrance then there's a little golf cart type vehicle to take you guys inside," she said, angling toward the Alpha Site, glad they were close.  It sounded like the sooner they landed the better.

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #100 on: August 11, 2015, 06:29:08 PM »

Six minutes out? Jon thought silently to himself. Close enough. He wanted out of the cockpit of the Jayhawk soon to stretch. It was a bit hard to stay in one place during the storm. He continued to watch the sky and the ground as he noticed the base getting closer to them by them minute. Jon kept his close eye on the gas gauge to make sure they had enough fuel for the landing. It was almost out. Barely enough power to get back so he tapped the plastic covering of the fuel gauge several times. It stayed on the same 90 degree position on the left side toward the letter E for empty. The storm took a lot of fuel just to stay in the air and against the high winds.

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #101 on: August 12, 2015, 02:58:30 AM »

At least he was still the thoughtful and kindly doctor she remembered, that much hadn't changed. Em gave him a pleasant smile when she answered. "Thank you sir, I did have a good teacher." Nothing like a little flattery to get your marks up. Which reminded her, Em had to sit for her Medical entrance exam tomorrow, something she was both looking forward to and not looking forward to at the same time. With just a few minutes out, she focused on making sure the boy was ready for transfer.

TJ chuckled at both of them, he loved being the spoiler. Watching Mike work brought back memories for him as well, thinking of a time long ago when the base had been infected by Fur Balls, while weird and strange, dangerous as well, it did have its funny moments. He wondered about Cate MacGregor or Hughes as she went by now, how did she fare after that event?

Elle kept quiet, knowing these last few moments coming into landing were crucial for the medics, which included Mike. He was out of reach now, yet she knew that wouldn't be for long. Once on the ground they would be busy, so she had to make sure she wasn't in the way. "Hot Chocolate sounds great Tey and yeah, definitely blown in by a storm." That made her laugh at least.

<To Aircraft Hangars>
Far Dareis Mai

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #102 on: August 12, 2015, 04:41:50 PM »

NPC - Herva, Cavaliero Fisherman

NPC - Jim Lucas, PA

Mike checked his watch and mumbled, “Six minutes? How many speeding tickets did you pick up on our way here?!” before replying back, “Thank you.”
He once again reached for the switch and called the infirmary.
“Alpha site Infirmary, Jaworski. Over.”
A second later Jim’s calm and steady voice came back over the radio. “Jaworski, Infirmary. What are you doing on board the SRA, Mike?”
“Moonlighting on a medivac, you know how much I love my work. Look, I’ll be brief Jim. We’re bringing in two patients…” He gave the PA the short version as well as the latest set of vitals, ending with a “…ETA approximately five minutes. I want a free passage to the CT-room with the neck injury. Can you do that for me? Over.”
“Copy that. I’ll meet you by the elevator. Lucas out.”
“Thank you. Jaworski out”

He felt a nudge on his sleeve and turned towards the older man on the stretcher by his side.
“Hey.” Mike more read the lips than actually heard the voice, reached out for a combined headset ear protection gear and carefully slid it on to the man’s head before adjusted the mic.
“Hello Herva,” Mike said with a smile, “Didn’t expect to run in to you up here. How are you doing old man?” He’d recognized the man the moment he’d come up close, but had let him be, trusting Em to have made a proper assessment of the injured leg, and not wanting to disturbed him more then necessary.
The man frowned as he processed the face through his drugged up brain, but finally cracked a smile, “Doctr Mike,” he slurred, “Goo’ te see ya. I’m good. My kid ’s no’ so good, right?”
“I see Em’s been giving you some of the good stuff.” Mike turned his head and looked at the teenager, nodded and looked back at Herva, “Right! I thought I recognized him from somewhere. No matter what you say, he is your kid.”
“Diversions doc. How ‘s he? Heard bits on the radio…”
Mike pulled in a deep breath, and made eye contact with Herva, choosing his words carefully. “He’s hurt his neck pretty bad, but he’s stable for now and that’s a very good thing. I’m sorry I can’t tell you more than that for now. We need to do more exams once we reach the base. I promise I’ll let you know as soon as I can, ok?”
The old man closed his eyes and nodded, the concerned frown never leaving his forehead, “Ok.”
Giving the man a squeeze on the shoulder in an attempt to give him at least a little bit of comfort, Mike then sat down and leaned his head against the hull of the chopper. He kept an eye on the monitor over at the teenager, but for now there was nothing more he could do but to listen to the banter between Elle and Teya and wait for the chopper to being brought down. At least no one was shooting at them, that was a change from other medivacs he’d done over the years.

>> To Air craft Hangars >>

« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 12:06:50 PM by NG »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #103 on: April 18, 2017, 01:42:40 AM »

The harbour of Foreston was really a large salt water lake fed from the sea at its southern end over what was called the 'Wash', a rather deceptive entrance between a rocky headland on the northern side and sand dunes on the southern side with a narrow channel roughly in the center for navigation in and out. The lake itself was quite deep, being some 300 feet in the center, the foreshore running around its edges dropping off steeply after a mere 100 feet or so. It is believed the Flood is the remains of a long extinct volcano that sank into the sea. On the western inner arm lays the Coast Guard base, further along to the northern section of the lake is the new naval docks, built initially for the construction of the Cavaleiros coast guard cutters, expanded more recently to be a fully functioning Navy dockyard. It has five wharves large enough to take vessels up to 800 feet in length with a maximum draft of 40 feet. There are two dry docks in service and one slipway large enough for ships up to 300 feet in length.

The Humvee Miki acquired was Michelle's own personal vehicle; the permanent driver being Miki herself. Unlike others on the base this one was painted black, more or less to match the black of the bases earlier commander's AC401 the 'Iron Maiden'. Unlike that aircraft though Michelle's Humvee was gloss, polished to a sheen that hurt the eyes to look at it for too long with a few chrome embellishments added also courtesy of General Chalmers. It spelt commander all over even if the single star on the plates had been replaced with the Colonel's 'Bird', in chrome.

A road stretched in almost a straight like north east from the base entrance hidden in the side of a hill, to the Lake area. Built by the Tauri it was four lanes wide (so far the widest road in all of the Wold), paved in bitumen, the trip was quick taking less than fifteen minutes to arrive at the gates. A Naval SP waved the car through, Miki drove directly to wharf number three where the CS Reliant was docked. A long gangway was in place from the wharf to the ship situated on the quarter deck, two sailors stood at the deck railing ready to receive any visitors. The Reliant's captain was the first and so far only local commander of the three Destroyers, former Coast Guard Chief of operations officer, Commander Borrel Laidon. A large burly man with a full beard.

<<From Base>>

The breaks squealed lightly as Miki brought the vehicle to a stop, she came from the bow end so that both Michelle and Arthur could get a good look at the ship in its brand new paint job. The only thing missing from it now was the ship's pennant numbers on the bow and stern; the fitment of the CIWS had been completed the previous day with two US Phalanx systems being installed on the after upper deck. Unlike her two sister ships, the aft gun turret had been removed, a portion of the after upper deck with a hangar and landing platform for a S-70B Sea Hawk to be in place by the end of the week. "Well ma'am, sir, there she is, the CS Reliant. Beautiful isn't she?" Of course being a sailor Miki was naturally somewhat biased in her opinion.

Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #104 on: April 18, 2017, 08:32:05 AM »

<<From Base>>

Michelle was still getting used to being commander at Alpha Site, but she was grateful to have Miki by her side.  It seemed in everything as the woman was even her permanent driver.  Which was fine by Michelle.  As the humvee stopped Michelle looked up at the ship in awe.  It was certainly a sight to see.  And one that was much needed right now with this new threat.  "It is certainly something.  She's gorgeous."
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]