Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: PG8-K59 Alpha Site- Southern Regions  (Read 4243 times)

sleepydemon

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • sleepydemon is looked down upon.
  • I thought it was a good idea at the time
Re: PG8-K59 Alpha Site- Southern Regions
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2015, 11:01:18 AM »

Her mind began to whirl. She had started to think really hard about something. Usually she used her plots for harmless pranks but even those had the same finesse as tactic plan. She started to draw it out in the sand because speaking it would sound an alarm anyway and plus these girls here could help improve it as she drew it out.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2015, 07:14:53 PM »

{Major Calista Chang-Lee} NPC

The sounds and noise from out in the valley grew louder and more violent, voices were raised, some in alarm some in fear and panic and those were the human voices. A huge explosion rocked the ground sending dust and debris flying in every direction, shaking the very earth to its core. Maxim, covered in dust and blood staggered into the tent, you could see fires and flame behind him as he fell. His voice harsh he spoke raggedly. "Run Cali, run. The Borg have re..have revolted." His last gasp as his head hit the dirt. What he didn't and wasn't able to say, was that Lorax the dark cloaked man had not ten minutes ago found out that Lucia had fallen to an unknown enemy. He was speaking with Maxim and three others of their group, unwittingly he was overheard by the leader of the Borg; with now no support from home, the LA here were on their own with Lorax telling his men and women they should leave. That was his end, the Borg leader slew him then and there. Calista's face was white, she turned to the captives about to speak when a staff blast took her in the back.

Down in the valley, the one and only escape route, the small Tel'tak ship was ablaze, Borg soldiers were like flies on a carcass everywhere. Calista struggled as more loud hails drew closer to the tent. "Take my knife and gun, behind this tent is a weapons cache and clothes. Go, run north as fast as you can." Her breath came in fits and starts, the burn from the blast in her back was fatal.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 233
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2015, 03:15:52 AM »

You didn't need much of a hint to know what was going down, not only could Bobbie see it with tear stained eyes, she could smell it and hear it, death and destruction on a large scale. Even though she was hurting, her shoulder burning like hell she wasted no time in taking charge, even if she was the junior officer to Adriana, she was quite possibly more experienced in ground combat and dire situations: of course they'd soon find out if that were true.

She ran to Calista's side, knelt close by to feel the woman's pulse by the neck, then slowly shook her head at her friends. There wasn't anything they could do for her, she was gone. Bobbie took the knife in silence, went to the rear of the tent making a long slice down the canvas, in the gloom outside she could see the other small shelter which was obviously the weapons store the woman spoke of. "Come on, if we're to live, we have to hurry." She slipped out, not before tipping over the oil lamp behind her, soon flames started spreading across the floor.

The weapons cache was some ten meters up a little hill, Bobbe made it in an awkward sprint, slipping once or twice. When she got there, she crouched down behind some large crates to wait for her companions, all the while she was praying and begging God to spare them.
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 83
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2015, 12:26:11 PM »

Kim could hear the shouts and she wasn't surprised when the man ran in telling them of the danger.  The loss of Cali though was heart breaking.  She had suffered enough loss recently and this one didn't settle well with her.  Bobbie was right though they had to move.

Kim took off after her friend, figuring Adriana was behind them.  She winced as a blast burned get upper arm, but she wasn't letting that stop her.  She hadn't survived those wretched replicators just to die by the hand of the Borg.  She slid down beside Bobbie.  "We gotta find a way out of here."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2015, 02:28:03 AM »

Somewhere way up above there had to be a guardian angel watching over them, Bobbie felt that for what each of them had been through they deserved to live, they deserved a break; yet she couldn't very well shout that out as she wanted to do. "North, that's my only guess Kim. I had an inkling we went south and feeling as cold as it is here now tells me that is where we are. How far I have no idea but given the flight time and speed of the Tel'tak, I'd say at least a thousand kays, if not more." If they weren't so ill disposed they could bet on ten days travel time, the problem is, they'd need to eat and shelter, and that would make it longer. Their best hope was to be found by Cavaleiros patrols, Bobbie knew they ranged out far so that was a hope to hold onto. "Grab everything we can carry, then I'll rig a charge to blow this stuff after we've left." She'd already had one crate open, it was full of their own weapons and gear, including back packs.
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2015, 10:47:40 AM »

Kim hated this.  they still didn't know exactly why the three of them had been taken and now the Borg were revolting.  If they got out of this in one piece it would be a miracle. "Perfect.  I'm never wearing a skirt again," she grumbled.  Right now she would love to have her jeans and hiking boots back.  Well, couldn't change that now.  Right now they needed to get to safety.  'Got it."  She grabbed up a backpack and started to stuff things inside.  They needed to move quickly if they didn't want to get caught.  She just prayed they would be found by friends before long as none of them were really prepared for a trek like this.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2015, 01:36:49 AM »

{Adriana} NPC

Effectively as usual, Adri took the six, she simply wanted to make sure they'd not been seen by the Borg and so far so good. She caught up to her friends quickly, joining in the rummaging through the LA stuff. If they could see her eyes they would have noticed how wide they were. "Girls look, clothes...proper clothes and boots. Its all our stuff, I mean not ours technically, but SGC issue, makes you wonder about those plans of theirs doesn't it." It bothered her deeply if the LA had pulled it off.

All Bobbie could do was swear under her breath about skirts, dresses and boots with heels on them, she had to agree with Kim completely that for a very long time, no matter how much she yearned for something pretty, she wouldn't be seen out or either uniform or battle dress. "Or stockings, or anything with lace." She lamented. When Adriana finally caught up revealing her little find, that did a whole bunch of morale boosting for Bobbie. "Jesus....look at this stuff." She said when she moved over to that crate. There was every option and plenty of it, fit for both genders as well. "They must have been planning something big, which makes me wonder just how many LA were down there when the Borg went berserk, must have been hundreds at least." She counted at least a dozen crates the same as the one they were looking at. "Okay, as quick as we can, find what we need, so long as it fits and something warm especially. We'll move up further, I can see a small rock overhang up there, that could be safe for us to change." It might also be a cave and home to something worse than the Borg.

Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2015, 08:15:15 AM »

Kim did smile slightly at Bobbie's ranting.  Neither one of them had chosen wisely for a day like this.  She nearly hugged Adriana when the other woman pointed out the clothing, but then frowned.  'I don't like this at all.  It doesn't sit well with me.  I agree Bobbie, they were planning something big.  But will the borg still try to carry that out now that they revolted?"  That's what worried her.  Kim snagged up a handful of clothes and moved with Bobbie so they could get changed.  They needed to get moving again if they had any hopes of being found.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2015, 02:31:29 AM »

{Adriana} NPC

Finding the right things wasn't easy in the semi dark, you had to go by both instinct and feel for the most part, except the boots, Adri at least could see the sizes on the tongue which made that part easy. For clothes she chose a set of black BDU's, complete with SG4 patches which made her curious, how in hell were they going to pull that off, everyone connected with the Stargate Program knew exactly who that team was and exactly who was on it. Unless? The thought chilled her that the LA might have had access to old Baal's cloning set up. She went then directly up to where Bobbie indicated first, then once there a quick scan and she called back to them quietly. "Clear." She dropped her bundle on the ground, complete with M4 a side arm and ammo and a few grenades.

"I hope maybe without the LA leadership they might think twice about it. But Ive been here twice now and I know the Borg at times just like to launch a quick raid simply because they could. Never amounted to anything and never with more than a few dozen. This.." She pointed down the hill to the fire lights. "....this is unprecedented." She set about planting a few claymores with proximity switches and a few packest of C4 as well she had found. With that done she grabbed her own selections pretty much as Adriana did and then headed up the hill. Once there she stripped as fast as she could, not wanting to be caught by anyone semi naked as it were, plus it was freezing.
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2015, 09:53:39 AM »

Kim could deal with the pants or shirt being big.  She didn't care as long as it was pants and she had boots that fit.  Once she had her cache she moved up with the others, not liking what she had seen on some of the uniforms.  Just how had the Borg gotten their hands on SG4 patches?  That didn't sit well with her.  She wanted to get back to the others and tell Alex.  She also couldn't help but think about Michelle and Alex and wonder how they were.  "Perfect.  Now they decide to band together," she groaned as she quickly got changed.  She didn't know how much running they would need to do, but she wanted to be prepared.  "Everyone set?  The sooner we move out of here the better."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2015, 12:26:19 AM »

As she was dressing, Bobbie had a partially unbuttoned shirt over head, she keep up the conversation. "Chalmers gave everyone a lecture back then, a very long lecture. She told us all about the tribal organisation of these guys....ouch..." She pulled her shoulder again, touching it and Bobbie found it was wet.  There wasn't much she could do, just pray it didn't get infected. "... the southern tribes consist of about thirty or so family groups, or those related by family at least. At the last count which I might add was over two years ago, there were roughly two hundred thousand and they are supposed to be the less aggressive of the Borg." Almost finished, she sat on a rock to do up her boots, luckily the socks she found were clean; well she did sniff at them. "Imagine if all three groups joined together? The Plainsmen are the biggest group, maybe three times the size of the Southern tribes." Bobbie shuddered to think how the Cavaleiros coped, a census taken of them four years ago put their number at around six hundred thousand; the thought was scary. "Right I'm set, we ready? Of course we are." She did at least make some kind of smile.

The backpack was annoying, it took her a good five minutes to get the straps so it didn't rub on her shoulder, that was just so inconvenient. "I remember my grandad singing 'North to Alaska' when I was a kid, we won't make it there, nor will we get rich, but we will live." She started the uphill climb into the lower mountains, this was going to be the hardest part.
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2015, 08:50:03 AM »

Kim pulled her boots on, her own shoulder a bit sore after being slammed by the gun.  Although she hadn't take as much of a beating as Bobbie had when they were on Zulu.  She really just wanted to go home and not think about any of this for at least a week.  Kim pulled a face at Bobbie's words.  "You've got to be kidding.  How are we supposed to stand up to that number if they do decide to band together?"  She had heard of the Borg, but she didn't know much about them except that they were fierce and didn't care who they took out.

Kim grabbed up her own pack and started to pull the straps tight.  This could be a long hike.  She just prayed they would be found by friendlies and could get back to the base.  "You guys didn't by chance see a radio in all this mess that we could use to get in touch with Alpha Site?"  It would make things a bit easier.  Of course they would still have the walk and who knew what else they would run into along the way.  "Hey, I'll just be happy to get out of here."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2015, 12:03:46 AM »

There was a few disgusted grunts that came from the tiny woman, you would have not been mistaken if you had thought her a sailor such was the colourful language she used. Twice now since Bobbie started leading them upwards she had to adjust the left side strap of the pack, Kims proclamation concerning the Borg didn't help her mood either. "It'd be easy if the stubborn arsed Cavaleiros allowed us just to fry the Borg from space; no more problem. But you know what that uppity leader of theirs said to Chalmers once Kim? It was their fight and they must do it with honour. Honour be damned, those guys just wanna plunder, rape, pillage and destroy, you can't reason with a wild animal." She was even more furious now thinking about it, so much so it made her walk harder. "Radios...sh*t no, I didn't even look."

Right there and then she thought of turning back, if not for the loud explosion that rocked the ground under her feet. Bobbie turned quickly to see the trees below where they had just left illuminated by fire. Her booby traps had gone off. "We'd better move it." With her head down she bent to the task, climbing ever upwards.
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2015, 09:38:00 AM »

Kim hadn't seen Bobbie this mad in quite some time.  Of course she herself had never stayed at the Alpha Site, so she didn't know the things that Bobbie had experienced.  A frown marred her brow as she picked up her pace to keep up with Bobbie.  "You've got to be kidding.  I mean I'm all for giving someone a chance, but it seems like the Borg won't ever change."  It sounded like all they wanted was pure mayhem and death.  Perfect, just perfect.  She shrugged a shoulder.  "Can't change it now.  I don't think of any of us thought about the possibility of a radio." It hadn't been the first thing on her mind.

She glanced over her shoulder as the ground rocked under her feet.  "Oh shoot," she grumbled.  That meant those monsters were getting close. "We've gotta find help soon," she spoke the obvious.  Otherwise they could all be done for.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2015, 02:07:41 AM »

*approximate altitude 12,000 feet*

If the girls thought they were cold before down in the valley, they were in for a big surprise as just like back at home, even in the tropics like Indonesia, once you get above 10,000 feet or so you can expect frost. Get up to 12,000 and you will have snow and ice and that is exactly where they were heading now. For over an hour they trudged on, with their breathing becoming labored and difficult, each step painful and exhausting. Finally as Bobbie winced once again in pain she called a halt. "Girls, I don't know about you two, but right now I'm so cold I feel like a popsicle and my feet are killing me to. Do you think either of you we've been followed..no don't answer that."

They knew very well they weren't, taking it in turns to run back every ten minutes and wait; that tactic was another factor in the exhaustion. "We need to camp, we'll have no light soon anyway and I don't fancy walking in these mountains in the dark. We can eat and see what the morning brings and hopefully we had enough sense to pack some warm stuff, I can't even remember what I threw in my pack. Kim, I know one thing, once we cross this range we should be in Cavaleiros territory, there is that hope we'll find a farm." Trying to be reassuring under these circumstances was something at least.
Far Dareis Mai
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

lethal-pageant