Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: I want a sports bike!!! For Bike Fans or those that ride them  (Read 348 times)

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
I want a sports bike!!! For Bike Fans or those that ride them
« on: August 10, 2015, 01:39:35 PM »

Long ago, I never liked motorcycles. I thought they were dangerous to ride in and I swore to never ride those myself. I have a vivid memory of my older cousin trying to get me to get on the bike, but i was afraid of falling off cause I was short then. Prolly around seven or younger. Lately, after a watching a few youtube vids like snowcatxx87's own channel. Through his helmet cam and a well written captions on his videos, im getting a slow change of heart about those motorbikes. They are not as dangerous as the rider. Only the ones that cant drive a motorcycle and car drivers who disrespects motorists. As long as you have the liscense for it and the heart to drive it safetly, then its safe to ride those. So one of those days, im gonna get a sports bike. Maybe a hybrid. You know? So it doesnt harm the ozone layer or whatever. I dunno. Could use some suggestions. Like Kawasaki or Yamaha bikes. And I want a biker helmet with a helmet cam so I can do like Snowcat does and laugh at drivers doing weird stuff on the highway. Or whatever. I'm 31. Im not too old to start learning to ride a bike? Because I think i need someone to put me through a good bike training.

https://www.youtube.com/user/snowcatxx87
Website to a channel that I have subscribed. He's a good rider. Bit mouthy, but still good.
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Cem1133

• Master Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Cem1133 A new starter.
  • Always
Re: I want a sports bike!!! For Bike Fans or those that ride them
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 03:49:03 AM »

Your never to old to learn to ride a motorcycle. I have sold bikes to guys in their 50's who have never ridden before. I ride Harleys, but if your going to go with a sport bike I only recommend Honda because of their low maintenance. That is one thing you will have to learn about a motorcycle right off the bat. They require a lot of upkeep. And to not do it is dangerous. BTW you can get any helmet you want and mount a go-pro on it. That's what the guys are videoing with. Most of the dealerships now have leads to good riding schools, and I'll be honest before you purchase anything I would go to school and see if you even like it. After that if you decide you do then buy a used bike you don't mind dropping once or twice (because you will). Then move on to a newer and faster model.

Riding has always been my therapy, my way of blowing off steam after a long shift or a bad night. Most of you know I am a police officer and there are times I just have to forget everything that happened on a shift. Riding has always done that for me. I encourage anyone that wants to learn to do so. There really is nothing like it.
I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you.

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 09:30:53 AM »

That's cool. Might consider looking for a good school nearby. And a Honda bike. What about Kawasaki or Yamaha or are they too high maintenance?

Also, what kind of sport-bike Motorcycle magazines should I look out for cause there are too many options to choose from  :fp

Maybe something good for a new biker to learn? What kind of magazine?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 10:13:59 AM by Greenhorn »
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Character List

Cem1133

• Master Sergeant
  • Cem1133 A new starter.
  • Always
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2015, 01:19:55 AM »

Magazines are just like people. We all have our own opinions and even when we don't mean to they cloud our advise. I tend to tell people to stay away from Suzuki and Yamaha for street bikes. Their dirt bikes are just fine, yet again that's my opinion. Any of the sport bike mags have articles and reviews. Honestly I don't read those so I am not sure.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2015, 02:14:03 AM »

I've been riding bikes since I was ten. Started with a Honda 50cc mini trail. I've had seven bikes since then but never a road bike, all dirt and motor cross bikes. I've had Yamaha's, Kawasaki's and and BMW, I currently have a KTM 500, which is awesome :D If I ever had a road bike, I'd love to have a Triumph Bonneville and not the new ones, a genuine 60's model :D My dad had one  :yes:
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Cem1133

• Master Sergeant
  • Cem1133 A new starter.
  • Always
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2015, 03:53:35 AM »

Those old Triumphs are really nice bikes.
BSA made some nice ones back then as well.

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2015, 10:35:17 AM »

There is a training place nearby that I can take. Need money for it though, but might take classes there. Should be fun.

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2015, 03:24:02 AM »

Those old Triumphs are really nice bikes.
BSA made some nice ones back then as well.

My Dad's uncle was a motorbike mechanic, I remember visiting when I was about 16 just not long before he passed away. He had two bikes from the 60's in his shed that took my eye. Both almost identical, one a BSA and the other a Kawasaki. I asked dad how was that so and he said the Japanese were the masters of copying back in those days :D Kawasaki, like Triumph have remade that same bike now :)

Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Cem1133

• Master Sergeant
  • Cem1133 A new starter.
  • Always
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2015, 05:16:03 AM »

Lol, yes they were. And there were a lot of good bikes made in this era.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2015, 05:25:44 PM »

That would have been Niel as I recall, a lovely old chap ex Air Force he was for most of his life. Motor bikes were more of a hobby for him, although he was fully certified. As Mel has mentioned the Japanese art of copying, my husband and I had an early Datsun Bluebird I think it was a 1967 model. We had to have it repaired one time and the mechanic who was doing the work made a comment on how good the engine was; his statement was that you couldn't better British engineering, which brought a laughter from Hubby. It turned out that both men knew a fact I as a young girl was unaware of, that Datsun and indeed Toyota in the 60's had been copying almost identically BMC engines and other mechanical parts. Both the engine of our car and the gearbox were the same as the Austin Cambridge of around 1962-3.

Cem1133

• Master Sergeant
  • Cem1133 A new starter.
  • Always
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2015, 02:33:39 AM »

LOL. Thats funny. I was not aware of that. Never really dealt with those two brands of vehicles.