Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19

Author Topic: Tamora~ The forgotten world.  (Read 5411 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 208
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: Tamora~ The forgotten world.
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2017, 04:35:39 PM »

A slow nodding of understanding followed Mike's explanation of his feelings, feelings that Marill could well accept. It wasn't the easiest thing one could go through life with that knowing you did have another world, another experience in your existence that wasn't the place you found yourself at now. She knew also that the few the Goddess had brought here over the years rarely survived, if madness didn't take them in the end, something else did. It was more than true she had seen, that a broken heart can kill you. The one thing she had to impress on him was hope, hope that somehow someone would find him; as had happened just once in her life. "Taking a life is wrong on the one hand, we can never justify it. On the other hand, fate pushes us towards events we'd rather not face." Mike would at this point if his memories would allow it of course, begin to think that she was sounding more and more like Oma Desala. He may also be more than surprised to find that the only corpses found in the local graveyard were those of the few that Rhiase had brought here, doomed to live out a rather normal life. Marill's people did not suffer that fate; when the time came, they chose to join their ancestors on another plane of existence, the Tauri called it Ascension.

"I think you may well be right in that, although I would ask that you never let it go in your heart that someone may well be still looking for you. We can never tell which way the hand of reason swings, once in my lifetime one of those the Goddess brought here found her way home. We do not know how, nor how her people found her, we only know that one night she was gone with all her possessions she had accumulated here in the eight years of her life with us. One of our shepherds reported seeing a small ship leaving that night, it was identified as being from those we have come to know as the Ghost People, tall folk, fair of skin with unusual ears. They have been here several times apparently before my life came into existence." Still she had to admire his spirit, she couldn't deny him that. "There is a fairly new hut over looking the river over there, you're more than welcome to call it your own." Her slender hand pointed off into the night beyond the eastern ridge above them.
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2017, 03:05:57 PM »

Mike looked back at the blue star in the sky, “Sometimes I really do hope someone is looking for me. Then at other times I just can’t help wondering if the ones looking for me might try and find me for reasons I’d rather not want to know about - what if it’s because of them that I ended up here, not remembering anything at all?”
He heaved a deep sigh and looked back at the healer, “I don’t expect you to know the answers. I guess we’ll find that out sooner or later. As for the hut and a home of my own - don’t take this the wrong way because I really appreciate the gesture, but I think I want to wait moving in there for just a little bit longer.” Mike was grateful for the relative darkness they sat in since that he felt his cheeks blush out of embarrassment.
“It just feels – safer - to sleep in the bunk house… At least for now.”

“So there you are!”
Yorvis came running around the corner, more or less saving the embarrassing moment. “Marill. Can you please come and help me in the barn?” There was a deep concern in the young man’s eyes. “It’s the matriarch…”
“What’s up?” Mike straightened up and looked between Yorvis and Marill. “Who’s the matriarch?”
“I’ll explain as we walk, Mike,” came the short reply as he waited for Marill to get up and come along.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2017, 02:01:14 AM »

Her dark head moved to look directly at him, on the side at least. She knew though from the short time Mike had been with them that within those eyes of his was an intense kindness not often seen on many human beings, even among her own kind. Marill had of course met a few 'other worlders' before, but they rarely lived long enough to get to know them and even when they did live out their lives to the full, it was all too short in her terms. "To believe is the strength of the will in your heart, that same thing is called hope. I have looked deeply into your soul, I have no doubt that you are the kind of human being who cares and who is loved deeply. Someone out there Mykael 'is' looking for you, of that I am certain. Keep hoping."

She looked out to those same stars before speaking again. "Whenever you are ready, there are times those boys and men will make you wish for a little solitude." Then she heard Yorvis call her, Marill started to run. "Oh no." She said turning back to Mike. "The matriarch is the 'mother' of the herd. Her daughter is still too young to lead, without her we have great difficulty training the others..." She looked over to Yorvis. "Quickly, go fetch my large bag, there is no time to delay.." Marill went ahead directly to the barn, they couldn't see but there were tears in her eyes.
Far Dareis Mai

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2017, 04:44:26 PM »

Jorvis didn’t have to be told twice and took off towards Marill’s house and when Mike and the healer arrived by the barn, the young man met them, panting hard, with the bag over his shoulder.
He handed it over without a word and opened the door for them to enter.
“She’s over there, by the corner,” Jorvis pointed further inside, towards the far end of the building.
Mike trailed after with a growing lump in his stomach because no matter how hard he looked, he couldn’t find ‘his’ draft standing up, waiting.

As they reached the far end of the barn, his mood hit rock bottom when he recognized the dark gray animal laying on her side, breathing slow and heavy, her black eyes shut. Standing around her was the rest of the pack. Some gently touching her with their short, muscular trunks. Others standing slightly away from the inner circle, keeping the cubs away, but intently following the three humans as they came closer.
Quietly and gently, Jorvis moved through the circle, giving some of the animals a small nudge, some a pat while others willingly moved away as he approached them and then sat down in the straw, next to the matriarch’s head, placed a hand on her large chin before motioning for Mike and Marill to come closer.

Mike crouched next to Jorvis, not wanting to disturb the moment but still felt the urge to know. “What have I done?" he whispered all while looking at the animal. “What did I do wrong?”
Jorvis gave Mike a long, quiet look, then slowly shook his head, “You didn’t do anything I wouldn’t have done myself. Ok? This…” he sighed and swept with his hand towards the draft, “is something I didn’t see coming. Something I should have seen, but didn’t notice. It has nothing to do with you. The matriarch is old. Very old…” He gently stroked the animal on its head and as he did, he looked towards Marill, “What do you think?”

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2017, 02:36:30 AM »

The healer and elder bent closely to the old creature, running her hands along her massive chest then the neck and finally she pulled back an eyelid ever so gently which brought out a slight grunt from her. A reaction which was a good sign. "Nothing anything we could have done or seen would have prevented this; apart from her age, she has a condition we call zaffixia, a condition of the intestinal tract. It is caused by a blockage due to the fact that our friends here..." She pushed the concerned daughter's trunk away before it threatened to smother Marill, she did so with a little 'tisk'. "...have only one stomach, unlike most quadrupeds on this world that have two. Therefore as they age, they find it harder to digest the heavy grasses that grow here." She looked up at both Mike and Jorvis with what might have been an almost evil grin. If Mike's memories were fully intact, he would certainly recognize as nothing more than colic.

"I think Jorvis it is time Mykael learned the art of water soothing, something that every herder learns my friend." Colonic Irrigation, such a wonderful invention for both man and beast. "When that is done, warm liquids for a few days and rest, she will live among us yet for some time, although I think we may as we have done in the past, be feeding her ourselves rather than letting her graze."
Far Dareis Mai

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2017, 04:07:22 PM »

Yorvis frowned, “I’m not sure that’s what missing her. Zaffixia doesn’t have this rapid onset. Not even on old drafts like her. There are always some early warning signs before they get this affected. No, this is something different…”
Mike only listened with half an ear to the conversation as his hands swept over the animal’s body, nose to tail, over its back to feet, then he too frowned when he found an oozing cut under the belly. “This wasn’t here when I left her,” he said and leaned in closer to have a better look, then a second later pulled back with a wrinkled nose, “Oh crap that smells bad!”
He sat back on his heals, rubbing his forehead and looked up at Merill, his face full of concern and worry and not so little bemusement, “Cold legs, swollen tongue, a cut that is very hot to the touch and smells terrible. D@mnit! Why does it all seem so familiar to me? I *know I’ve seen this before. Don’t ask me how, I just know.”
Mike pulled in a deep breath, planted his butt in the floor bedding and looked a Yorvis, “My gut feeling is that no matter how much water you pour in to her, front or back, it won’t take care of this. This is more complicated than just an upset stomach.”
Yorvis moved around and placed a hand on her hind leg, Mike was right; it was really, really cold and that cut… “I wish my father was here to help out too,” he said quietly.
“Where is he? When will he be back?” Mike only now realized he hadn’t seen Yorvis father at any point since his arrival.
The young man continued scratching the draft between her front legs. Something they both knew she loved. “I don’t know. He and a party of four headed out a few days ago for a final hunting trip before the snow blocks the passes in the mountains completely for the winter. He could be back tomorrow… or in five days. All depending on whether the Goddess smiles at them and bring them plenty to catch or not.”

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2017, 03:16:31 AM »

The look on Marill's face was both one of shock and sheer disappointment. Somehow she knew by intuition that both men were absolutely correct in their appraisal, for she was so eager to convince herself that the old matriarch was going to pull through she had been blindsided by her own enthusiasm. Sadly she looked down, a tear falling from her brown eyes. "You both have seen what I refused to. For that I am indebted to you. She has I am fearful to say, sepic, poisoned blood has entered her system and for that there is no cure other than to give her a peaceful sleep. Yorvis, Mykael, would you both wish me to do that for her, it will end both her and our suffering in less than several heartbeats."
Far Dareis Mai

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2017, 01:05:50 PM »

Mike pulled in a deep breath as the words from the healer sunk in. ‘Oh crap…’ then looked sideways over towards Yorvis.
The young man bit his lip and continued caressing the drafts forehead in silence. It didn’t take a genius to see that he was troubled by the burden of decision that was placed on his shoulder.
Finally, he spoke up in a quiet, thick voice. “Father and I were surprised to see her returning with the herd after the winter. We didn’t expect that. Thought the marshes or the predators in the lower valleys would have taken her by then.”
He wiped away a tear that escaped down his cheek with the back of his hand, leaving a long streak of dirt in its trail.
“We were so pleased to see her come back. And in such good shape. Happy that she’d managed to make the long journey back to us one more time. One more season for her to pass on her knowledge to her heir… and now…”
Yorvis snuffled a big inhale before looking back up at Marill and nodded. “It’s the only thing for us to do. The only right thing to do. Her journey in this world has come to an end and we need to make her passing as easy as possible. She deserves a passage without pain.”
Even if Mike didn’t have the attachment or feelings for the old draft, he was still very touched by Yorvis’ words. This old animal must have meant heaps for him… and the people they shared their summer with. As it was now, he was completely loss for words and all he felt he could do was to sit there in an attempt to at least offer some comfort by his presence.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2017, 03:00:59 AM »

"As were I Yorvis." Marill said with what could only be described as a voice barely able to get the words out. Yet she had the wherewithal mentally and physically to draw herself up to the task, which she did after one long stroke down the old matriarch's neck, her hand then going to her bag. "So shall it be, she came to us of a free spirit, thus she will leave us as one." Marill held a brown clear lozenge, roughly 3 cm in diameter and 1 in thickness; she gently placed into the old creatures mouth, massaging her beneath the throat. A moment later with her last will and strength the Matriarch swallowed the sweet tasting treat, one though which as soon as it entered the blood stream would slow the heart beat down to nothing in mere seconds. Soon she stopped breathing, laying there as if deeply asleep. "It is done." She said at last, a tear leaving each dark brown eye.
Far Dareis Mai

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2017, 04:12:29 PM »

All of a sudden the entire barn fell silent. No one moved and it felt like everyone was holding their breath.
Mike felt as if something tightened up in his chest, making it hard to breath for a few moments. Even if he didn’t by a long shot have the same connection with the herd or with the matriarch as Yorvis had, he was still very taken by the moment.
Yorvis face was pale and he bit his lip as if he’d decided not let all of the emotions he had inside of him show. The young man failed rather miserably though…
Then, with a low, barely audible humming sound, the animals started to move forwards towards the matriarch and one by one, adult as well as cub, they gently touched her body with their trunks for a few moments as if they were checking that she wasn’t just asleep but truly not present any more.

Yorvis had quietly moved out of their way, gently beckoning Marill and Mike to follow him. “I’ve only heard about this from my grandfather,” he said softly when they stood to the side. “They’re saying their goodbyes…”
They stood there in silence, watching the heard go along with their ritual, but finally Mike couldn’t hold back a question, his voice thicker and more raspy than he’d wanted.
“Who’s going to take over now then? Who’s the next matriarch?”
Yorvis motioned with his chin towards one single, black draft, standing a bit off from the rest of the pack, only accompanied by one other draft, a slightly larger brownish one. “It’s the black one over there. That’s her oldest daughter. Standing along with her closest relative, the old matriarch’s youngest sister. She’s the one I need to convince that we’re still friends and partners in this world. That the bond between us is still eligible…”
As Yorvis spoke, the young black draft as the last one, moved across the barn, closely followed by the brown one, and with a deep sigh, she folded her legs and sunk down to lay next to her dead mother. Moving as close as she could, her short trunk entwined with the matriarchs, she lay there as if she wanted to be comforted just one last time...

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2017, 06:36:41 PM »

The whole scene was of a particular deeply meaningful moment to Marill, as village healer it was her job to take care of not only her people but the 'Drafts' (and other animals) placed into her care by the bounty of the Goddess. That she wasn't able to extend the life of the Matriach beyond her deemed years was very hard to take; but then she had to be honest with herself, she was not an earthly representative of the Goddess, merely one of her faithful servants. "We should let them be alone now, they will mourn until sunrise tomorrow, then allow us to bury her with honor and dignity. Come, Yorvil we can explain to Mykael how the bond is shared between us and the drafts, the daughter knows her duty has come. By morning all will be well."
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 01:50:15 AM by Mim »
Far Dareis Mai

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2017, 03:43:44 PM »

* Day 5 and 6 *

A night of vigil turned into daybreak before the young Matriarch finally came out of the barn and they’d been able to start preparing the burial of the old one.
After the meticulous cleaning and draping of the body, the digging had then taken the better part of the day even though everybody in the village, barring the very young and the very old, had participated in one way or the other. As far as Mike could see it, this, as well as the pure act of surviving up her in the hills, was all based on team work. Whither it was the drafts and their keeper, or if it was between the members within the village. It was all connected. The ever present, always observing herd, only emphasized the connection
Once the body of the old matriarch had been lowered in to the hole in the ground, the herd silently moved away, seemingly content and finally at ease with the situation.
This all meant that when Mike finally, late in the evening, with an aching body crashed in bed in the bunk house, he was deep asleep within moments.

He still woke up before everybody else.
Mike turned to rest on his back, with his hands behind his head, knowing he needed the rest if he was going to be able to work all day long on the fields.
The people of the village had gathered outside the barn in silence, waiting for the new matriarch to appear and during that time. Mike had learned a lot about how the herd worked, how the people had learned to interact and live alongside of them so many generations ago.
From what he gathered, it had all started after one of the very rare visits of the one they all referred to as The Goddess. She had seen how the people had suffered and how they could benefit from the drafts. And how the drafts would have a better way of surviving if they left the lowlands during the summer when their cubs were young and vulnerable in the swamps.
The drafts had been made semi-self conscious. Making them have some abilities to manipulate their environment and learn quicker.
For instance the door to the barn; Mike had thought that the lock on the door, placed at the height of his head, were there to keep the drafts locked up so that they wouldn’t escape. He was right to some extent, but still wrong and Yorvis had given him a rather amused grin at his question.
The lock was there to keep the cubs in and the potential predators out. The grown ups could easily maneuver the lock by sliding it sideways and lift it to come and go as they pleased.

Mike came back to the present and lay there, listening to the heavy breathing and coughing from the man in the bed next to his, ‘What was his name again?’ He pondered for a few seconds before he got it right. Red hair bushy hair was the key. ‘Of course - Rubus.’
Now that was a man that Mike understood had done his fair share of time in the mines; broad shoulders, big arms and hands like none else. And then there was that constant coughing and shortness of breath. ‘That must be what happens when you inhale too much dust and debris,’ he thought.
Pulling out his hands from under his head, he held them up so that he could study them. They were soft, way to soft for the work he’d been doing these last couple of days and even if Merill’s poultice helped, it also told him he wasn’t used to this kind of labor. He was strong, yes, but no way near the strength of Rubus even if they appeared to be at the same height and age.
Whatever it was that had happened to him, it wasn’t a mining accident that had brought him here.
Closing his eyes again, Mike placed his hands on the stomach, focused on his breathing to relax and then slowly started to poke and prod on that infamous wet blanket that wrapped his mind. He could feel it yield a little as he scratched the surface of it, like it was thinning but it never ripped open. There were faces in shadows, veiled voices… but he never got a grasp of it.
A face of a blond woman was there, her voice some times sharp in an ordering tone, sometimes so beautifully soft, but for some reason he just couldn’t hear what she said.
Mike pushed a bit more, wanting the dimming grey to go away, but instead of being ripped down, there was a blinding light, a sharp pain in his head and the world shattered into darkness.

He slowly came to by a hand softly squeezing his left shoulder.
“Mike? You with me?” Rubus raspy morning voice. “Talk to me, Mike.”
“ ’m good,” he mumbled.
“No. You’re not, but at least you’re finally awake,” the big man replied in a relieved tone. “Maybe I should go find Merill so that she can have a look at you.”
“No!” Mike slowly sat up and eased his legs over the edge of the bed. His head was pounding and he let it rest in his hands while he supported the elbows on the knees. “No, I’m good. I’m fine! I don’t need a healer.”
Rubus snorted, “Well I beg to differ!”
Mike lifted his gaze towards the bigger man, this time in a more pleading voice, “Please. Just give me a moment and I’ll be fine, ok?”
The other man grunted, shook his head in disagreement, but left him, letting him sit at the edge of the bed while supporting his head in his hands.

((TBC…))
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 01:23:01 PM by NG »

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2017, 12:35:20 PM »

Mike remained seated for quite a long time to get his bearings and push back the nausea, hoping that Rubus would keep his word and not bringing Marill in at this time, when all he wanted was to be left alone for a while, but finally, he stood and on slightly unsteady legs, he walked out of the door.

When he got to the pen adjacent the barn, he saw Yorvis leaning towards the fence, having a quiet conversation with an older man he didn’t recognize straight away. From behind, they had the same looks, and when they both turned towards him to greet him, Mike definitely noticed the resemblance between the two men. The older one just had to be Yorvis’ father. A bit more weather-beaten than his younger copy and the long silver-stained black hair collected in to a thick tight braid down his back, but it gave you a very good idea of what Yorvis would look like when reaching full maturity.
Before he reached them though, Yorvis in one fluid motion, jumped over the fence and walked over towards the black draft standing on the off side of the pen and once there, he sat down, cross-legged, next to it.
Mike continued towards the fence and quietly took place next to the older man.

The man shot him a fast up and down look, then focused back on the two in front of him. “You must be Mike?”  he said in a low and dark voice.
“I am. And from the looks of you, you’re Yorvis’ father?”
The man huffed an amused smile without taking his from Yorvis, “That obvious, uh? No, I can’t deny he’s one of mine.” Then, another fast sideways glance, “I’m Yatar. Pleased to meet you stranger.”
There were a long moment of silence and in between Mike could hear something that resembled a song drift their way with the wind, but apart from that, there were only the distant sounds of the people living in the village.
Finally Mike broke the silence and asked, “What is he doing in there?”
Yatar slipped a small sigh, “He’s trying to bond. Persuade our new matriarch that everything is alright. That things will be fine again.”
“Not very successful, is he?”
There was a head shake from the older man, “No, not really…”
Mike pressed on, knowing the importance for this ‘bond’ to work. “But aren’t you the herd keeper? Shouldn’t you do this?”
He was rewarded with another head shake, “No. Well, I could, but Yorvis is the next in line to do this, the one to continue when I’m  gone, so he has to prove himself worthy the responsibility.”
As they spoke, the could see Yorvis slump even more where he sat, then finally, got up, brushed the sand from his pants and walked back to the fence.
His whole body screamed of defeat.
“She doesn’t want to listen to me… and it’s my fault. I can’t find the right tones or the right tempo. It just doesn’t work!”
Yorvis turned his back towards them while leaning against the fence. “Why don’t you just do this Father? I let the old one die and now I can’t make contact with the new one… I’m useless at this.”
Yatar gave the young man’s shoulder a pat and an affectionate squeeze. “It is you who needs to do this and I know that in your heart you will find the song needed to do this. You’ll figure it out.”
Yorvis groaned, “Glad someone has faith in me, because I sure don’t.”
Mike pulled in a deep breath, before speaking up. Somewhere from deep inside of his mind came a thought that he just knew something that might actually help the young man. “You’re pretty nervous, aren’t you? Almost panicking?” he said in a very low voice.
Yorvis sighed, swallowed then looked back at Mike with a miserable nod, “You’d bet I am. Even lost my breakfast a while ago. If I fail this, then…” the young man’s voice trailed off.
You know, I think, I might have an idea of how to solve this.”
Yorvis eyebrows shot up in disbelief, “You? You think you can make this connection?”
“H€ll no! I’m not going to be your next herd keeper,” Mike laughed, “but I think, I might know something that could help you connect to her.”
At this point he had both Yatar and Yorvis attention, so he continued. “I may not remember anything about who I am or where I come from, but I know that what I have in mind, is very likely to help you do whatever it is you’re trying to do.”
Yorvis tossed his hands out, “Well, I’m willing to try almost anything. Father?”
The old man had a puzzled expression in his face, but nodded. “Why not?”

((TBC...))

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2017, 01:28:04 AM »

Mike climbed over the fence and placed an arm around Yorvis shoulders as they walked towards the draft.
“Ok, so this might sound a bit crazy, but just bear with me and do as I say, because I as I said – I for a change I know what I’m doing and we’re going to fix this, alright?” The more he thought about this, the more he felt this was the way to do it.
Yorvis gave him another look of disbelief but tried to put up a brave face anyway.
As they came close to the matriarch, Mike signed for Yorvis to sit down again where he’d been seated before, and then also sat down slightly to the side where he could see Yorvis’ face and hands.
“Now, I want you to think about a place you’ve been and that you’d be more than happy to get back to.”
Yorvis frowned, looked between the matriarch in front of him and Mike and then his Father off by the fence, then back at Mike, wondering what had gotten in to the stranger. Having no real option left though, he took another deep breath and gave in.
“A nice place?”
Mike nodded encouragingly.
“That would be one of the first hunting trips I did with father and my oldest brother.” Yorvis replied hesitantly. “Up on one of the highest plateaus with a view across this valley and the next. You were almost as high up as the birds can fly and you saw just about everything there is to see. Grass and bushes all over the place, birds in the sky… One could actually see almost down towards the marshes. It was really great!”
Mike returned the smile, “Sounds like a perfect place to start. So, we’ll take it from there then. Close your eyes and take a couple of deep breaths.”
The young man did as he was told, although still tense and not so little apprehensive.
“You don’t have to answer me out laud or anything; a small nod will be suffice or just nothing at all if that makes you feel more comfortable. Now, can you picture yourself on that plain?” There was a subtle nod. “Sitting in the same way you doing now, or maybe even lying down in that grass you told me about, looking up at the sky.”
Mike waited a few moments before moving on. “Can you hear the wind? Feel it against your face?” No nod, but there was a twitch of a smile in the corners of Yorvis face. He felt it or pictured it alright.
“Good. I want you to stay here for a little while now. Just feeling the wind in your face and listening to the birds. Do you see the birds up there? How they are gliding on the up going winds?”
As time passed, Mike continued talking in a very low, steady voice, and slowly the young man in front of relaxed, his breathing becoming deeper and slower and the taunt face getting more peaceful.
When he felt confident Yorvis was going to stay in this state of mind for a little while longer, he finally said, “So being here, out in this open area – feeling relaxed and calm, what would the song sound like that you’d like her to hear?”
There was a moment of hesitation as Yorvis pulled in a breath, but then it came. Low and slightly cautious at first, but as he continued singing, he became more confident and as he this time found the right tones it also slowly became stronger.
The song gave Mike goose bumps from the affections it woke up deep down. Even though he didn’t understand a word of what Yorvis sang about, he just knew that this was a song of loss and hurt, but also of hope, love and full of promise…

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2017, 01:59:24 AM »

All throughout the vigil Maril came and went. She said nothing the entire time, merely observing as she did so often the comings and goings of her people and those the Goddess at times left in their care. This event was a one in a fifty year cycle, it didn't happen often, yet when it did, it was quite possibly the most solemn event to take place other then the passing of one of their own.

As she watched each time she returned, Maril noticed something she would hope might happen. That being Mykael finding himself in one way or another and the longer the vigil went on, the more she could see he was drawing close to something. Hopefully whatever that was, might help him and indeed her people, find his way home to his people where he belonged. When at last Yorvis began his song, a lump formed in Maril's throat, it was the same song her mother had sung many years ago when her own father had passed over, tears formed in her eyes as she stood there transfixed.
Far Dareis Mai
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19

lethal-pageant