Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19

Author Topic: Tamora~ The forgotten world.  (Read 4827 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 195
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: Tamora~ The forgotten world.
« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2017, 10:44:45 PM »

*Day 15*

A lonely figure stood high upon one of the many observation hills that were dotted around the village, many were close by, as this one was not far from the village center. It was a vantage point that overlooked the wide sweeping river down in the valley, the woman who stood there had a woolen shawl wrapped around her to keep out the night chill. It was a night just like this with the first of the three moons, the larger one just setting above the horizon that Marill found Mike and saw briefly the 'Goddess' leaving. That memory was scorched in her mind and would stay there forever, it was in fact in all her 70 something years that she had been as close to their protector, so close she saw that face, cold white with cobalt blue eyes that seem to penetrate everything. She shuddered at the thought.

The morning meal of that day she shared with Yatar was enjoyable as always, more so the talk they had which lasted several hours thereafter. But it was here she was to meet him again, to plan the future. Word had reached them already that one of the smaller clans further north were already on the move as the snows began to fall, rivers frozen over and drafts freezing were they stood. It was not good news.

Standing there for what might have been in Earth measurement a full ten minutes, Marill realized the futility of it, knowing Yatar would rise in his own time and not before since there was no set time for them to meet, other than 'around' sunrise. Shaking her head the woman decided to head back to her own cabin when she saw a faint glow coming from the cookhouse. "I wonder who that could be at this hour." She thought to herself.

Hugging the shawl closer to ward off the chill, Marill made her way back down the hill headed for the cookhouse in a straight line, she pushed the rough cloth flap back to find Mike in there drinking what smelled much like herbal tea. "Mykael, what has you up at this hour? Cannot sleep?" She was curious, it wasn't like him, at least not in the hours she had been known to prowl around.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 07:42:47 PM by Mim »
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • NG is a force to reckon with.NG is a force to reckon with.NG is a force to reckon with.NG is a force to reckon with.NG is a force to reckon with.NG is a force to reckon with.NG is a force to reckon with.NG is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2017, 04:25:59 PM »

Lost deeply in thought, Mike inhaled sharply when addressed by Marill, but then made, what hopefully looked like, a casual shrug and shook his head.
“No. No more sleep for this night.” He made a small motion with his mug, “Thought this might help a bit though…” before patting on the seat next to him. “Want to join me for a bit? Tell me why you aren’t asleep either?”

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2018, 11:25:20 PM »

"Its a time of change." Marill began as she sat beside him, nodding acquiescence to the offered beverage. She didn't really feel like putting anything in her stomach but a warming drink was the least offensive to the storm that was boiling in her gut. Not from illness or anything like that of course, just the sheer weight of worry. She began slowly after that.

"I am to meet Yatar soon, as you might have noticed even from the very short time you have been with us, the weather is acting rather peculiarly in the last few days. But I will diverge from that subject for the moment, do you recall little Tinual? He is just four summers of age and I believe he may interest you. He has a condition that I have not been able to treat, in fact I do not even know what it is to be truthful. Mykael I have seen how you do things, seemingly from some latent memory, perhaps this may spark a deeper flame in you do you think?"
Far Dareis Mai

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • NG is a force to reckon with.NG is a force to reckon with.NG is a force to reckon with.NG is a force to reckon with.NG is a force to reckon with.NG is a force to reckon with.NG is a force to reckon with.NG is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2018, 03:34:10 PM »

Mike nodded; he’d heard some of the men talk about the weather changes, but honestly never felt he had anything to add to their discussion, having had to little to compare with. He sipped the hot tea as he continued to listen to Marill, looking in to the fire in front of them.
“Yes, I’m pretty sure I know who you’re talking about. Scrawny little kid with an attitude? For some reason he seems to have trouble keeping up with the other kids? ”
He’d encountered the boy a few times, panting as he’d squatted by the fence, trying to look as if nothing has happened and he was only studying Mike and Yorvis working with with some of the young drafts. Always refusing to accept a helping hand, even from Yorvis who the boy seemingly adored like a big brother.
Mike pulled in a deep breath as he tore his gaze from the fire place to look back at the healer, “I’ve had no luck so far in trying to recollect my past. And believe me I have tried, so excuse me for having my doubts. But sure, for the sake of it, tell me more about him. It can’t hurt to try.”

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2018, 03:55:22 PM »

Dark brown eyes glittered in the fire light, seemingly taking on a life of their own as Marill looked back to Mike. Her expression wasn't what you would call 'all knowing' as she would usually be seen as, more confused, puzzled and even worried; very rare for her. Yet despite the immense weight upon her, she bared it up well. "That is he. The boy knows he is unwell, though like many of us he was born to be hard as this land expects and as you have found for yourself Mykael; but I am afraid that from what I saw of him last eve, we may not have him with us for long if we cannot find a cure for him. His skin has taken on a blue pallor of late, his breathing becomes more difficult each day."
Far Dareis Mai

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2018, 12:53:39 PM »

Mike noted the change in posture of the healer, for some odd reason and even if it was only for a short moment, she was sort of losing a bit of her confidence.
He inhaled deeply and placed his mug on the bench next to him, rubbed his neck and closed his eyes; head bowed, elbows on his knees and made an attempt of trying to focus inwards. “Shortness of breath. Slow growing. Bluish color… labored breathing.” he mumbled and tried to push through the blanket.
There was a small headache building up in his temples, but he did his best to try and ignore it and pushed on. ‘What’s the connection? How would I go about to solve this?’ Rubbing his scalp with his hands he tried another angle when he draw blanks in this end and focused more on the appearance of the young boy; his posture, the sound of his breathing, his over all looks…
The headache increased fast but Mike tried to hold on, prodding and poking for yet a few more moments but finally had to succumbed to the pain with a groan and a gasp.
Pressing his palms against his eyes, he said in a low voice, “Nothing.”
He pulled in a deep breath and turned his head sideways towards Marill, looking straight in her eyes, “I’m sorry, I wish there was something I could do… If I have the knowledge within me, I can’t reach it... or maybe the knowledge was there, but now it's gone.” The tone in which he uttered those last words were close to heartbreaking.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2018, 12:18:06 AM »

Leaning on her knees Marill could see she had give Mike a task, something that his memories may or may not recall. Yet even if it was a glimmer of hope, she was well aware he could possibly recall something, anything at this point. She nodded affirmative when he mentioned the symptoms, watched him as he was obviously going it over in his mind until finally he told her he couldn't recall anything. It was a slim hope, a very fine slim hope, for certain it wasn't his fault. She placed a hand on his shoulder giving him a little confidence. "You tried Mykael, that is the least I could ask for, you tried." She mused on that for a moment, gripping his shoulder as she stood. "If he should last the night, and if something should come to you, don't hesitate to seek him out, that is where I must go now for if these are his last hours, I at least should be with him."
Far Dareis Mai

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2018, 02:54:48 PM »

Rubbing his temples, Mike nodded and then grabbed his mug of tea to take a sip of the beverage before answering. “Of course I will. I promise I’ll let you know momentarily if anything comes to mind.”
He had some serious doubts though; if nothing had surfaced during his prodding and poking so far, there was probably nothing left and that was something he felt more depressing by the day. Not knowing who he was or where he came from. Mike wasn’t just sure on how he should deal with at this point – accept it and move on with this new way of life, or just do as apparently others had done before him in this situation, give it all up and give in to the darkness.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2018, 10:08:44 PM »

On her way back to where she had left the boy earlier, Marill became puzzled by something she herself had said. How did she really know that Tinual wouldn't last, he had of course been as weak as this before and as always he pulled through; maybe this was just another phase of his life and that again he'd be there in the morning, grinning madly as if nothing had happened.

She stopped by the railing of one of the draft pens, breathing in the sharp night airs of the cold night, wrapping her shawl around her. Everything was changing, she wished it wasn't so, but as the Goddess had taught them, with change you adapt. Marill didn't move for a while, her thoughts taking her everywhere.
Far Dareis Mai

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2018, 03:34:46 PM »

NPC - Yatar, former herd keeper. Father of Yorvis

Careful, not to disturb his wife, Yorvis got out of bed and got dressed in the dim glow of the very early morning light that had started to emerge across the horizon. The boots come on just as quiet.
Before leaving though, he adjusted the blanket around his wife so that she wouldn’t grow cold now that he’d left the warm bed and gave her a very gentle touch of affection on her arm. No, the love hadn’t diminished over the years, maybe it had changed a bit, but he still got that warm feeling in his chest every now and then when seeing her…
Stepping out in the crisp morning air, he couldn’t see the silhouette of Marill up on the hill, but the movements of the herd, revealed that someone else was nearby, and as he got closer, his suspicions was confirmed.
“Good Morning Cousin,” he greeted her as he came to a halt next to her, mimicking her stance by leaning his arms on top of the fence. “Have you had a good night?”

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2018, 04:46:37 PM »

Most of the time you would not catch Marill unawares, she was always attuned to her surroundings; but not tonight, or more precisely this morning. Sleep had alluded her of course, with so much on her mind she was unable to find that center that brought a swift slumber to her as so often she did; being alone helped, although she still yearned for that warmth and closeness of a lover. That last was not something she dwelt upon too often, as hereditary leader of her people, the challenges over the years since her late mother's passing had been immense; perhaps one day.

So it was when her cousin came to her, Marill was just a little startled, not enough to make her go for the belt knife she wore of course, but enough to widen her eyes. She did though in the early dawn light manage a half smile. "Good morn to you cousin, I trust you slept well this eve?" She knew he did, the man could sleep in the crook of a tree no doubt, as most men can. "Productive, but not with sleep. Perhaps I had shut my eyes for a passing moment, but for the main I've been concerned for Tinual, I have spoken to Mykael about him in the hope something in his talents may trigger. Other than that I have reached a decision, if the Goddess does not show within the next two nights, we start moving the drafts south. I feel any further delay would not only endanger them, but our people as well."
Far Dareis Mai

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2018, 03:08:52 PM »

So no memory back for that poor man yet, Yatar was beginning to think he never would regain it again if it hadn’t come back so far,  but at least he made a very good job of earning his keep and as a member of the village, he was very grateful for that.
“Oh you’re most welcome to try and move them!” Yorvis chuckled. They both knew it would be impossible to tell them where to go. The drafts had their instincts and followed it. Period. There was nothing anyone could to tell them otherwise in *that matter.
He grew serious again and looked back at Marill, “Yorvis and I sat up late, discussing that matter the other night. The herd has grown more and more anxious by the day. Some of the younger ones getting more reluctant to leave the herd in the morning and getting to work as the days pass in fear of being left behind. It’s a sign sure as anything that the colder season is coming. We’re thinking about letting them go for the season any day now. It’s earlier than the last times, but you know as well as I do, that if they want to leave they’ll do it no matter what we say about it.”
One of the yearlings came over the fence and put his trunk between the bars in an attempt to search Yorvis’ pockets for fruits. As usual, its sense of smell didn’t betray him, and the man gave him one. Soon the air was filled with the sweet smell of the small purple fruits the drafts loved so much.
“The calves have grown and are well fed for their journey down hill. I’m sure they’ll arrive safely to the marshes, but Yorvis and I still discussed if we should let some of us track their migration. Just to be on the safe side. And when we know they are settled for the winter, send message back to the rest of us.”

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2018, 08:46:07 PM »

"I know." Marill was well aware that even to try and heard the drafts was akin to getting water from a rock. But there had been precedents in the past she was sure of that. One time she recalled her great father telling a story of devastating floods in their old valley further north (which made her realize that these changes were somewhat progressive over the last 150 years), the drafts were left to their own devices and when the villagers began their move, the animals in time simply followed them. She was hoping that it may work out the same this time. "It's something I feel they may be aware of, you can see their behavior Yatar, they seem as anxious as you and I are, so I think we may see them to safety by their own abilities. The good thing we can appreciate about them, is the fact they are almost as intelligent as ourselves, in some cases concerning danger even more so."

Marill looked up at the night sky again, dawn was drawing close, the coldest part of the day. Already she could see frost in the grasses as the young calf came to them, the small pools of water normally seen here and there were flat ice, something she'd not seen since she was a child and that again was further north. Pulling her shawl closer, Marill felt the chill, a small cold thing hit her face which at first she thought was rain. Then more fell, she saw little white things on Yatar's sleeve. Snow. "Make the arrangements, send two of our strongest lads to watch over them, I think this afternoon we should call a meeting of the elders." She pinched a snow flake between her fingers as more started to fall.
Far Dareis Mai

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2018, 11:14:26 AM »

Brushing off the snow flakes from his sleeves with a small frown, Yatar sighed, “Putting my personal feelings aside, Yorvis is be a given due to his connection with the Matriarch and I know he’s more than is more than willing to do this." The man let out a soft chuckle, “Not because of the stupidity and sense of immortality the youngsters displays from time to time, it’s more a sense of loyalty I believe… and I have an inkling about who he wants to go with him. I’ll make the proper arrangements and attend the meeting.”
He scratched the calf on the cheek as it persisted on having another treat, then determined, but not forcefully, pushed its head away, “That’s enough for now. Go find your Mother.” It gave Marill a short, pleading look, but then turned and slowly walked back towards the barn.
Yatar looked back at the healer as he pushed away from the fence, “I’m heading off to get first meal. I take it you will be going straight to bed to catch up with your sleep? Now pardon me for being blunt Marill, but you look like you need it.”

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2018, 09:09:36 PM »

Looking into the dark sky as if she were searching for something Marill took her time in answering. She was cold, tired and everything else that she could feel to make her uncomfortable, the most of that being the dilemma they all now faced. Move or freeze to death along with starvation. The last crops had been good as far as feeding the village and the drafts, but they had only enough for a month weeks at best, with a lot of that being consumed on the long trek south. "Just before sunset then, before even meal. And Yatar, I intend to spend most of today meditating. It may not be sleep as we know but at least I will be rested. I 'will' sleep when this move is off my mind Yatar and not before." She gave him a cheery smile. "Blunt is much appreciated, I would expect no less from you." Food, that was the last thing on her mind. "Until this evening then?"
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 01:12:15 AM by Mim »
Far Dareis Mai
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19

lethal-pageant