Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]

Author Topic: Merrenden~The Battle field.  (Read 4100 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: Merrenden~The Battle field.
« Reply #225 on: December 14, 2017, 09:23:09 PM »

<D6-East. Command Tent>

He did think about it, for a long minute. The chance to get his wife and kids away from what was rapidly becoming a very unwelcome place, his home, even his country, wasn't to be denied. "We'll talk about it later. Right now I'm more concerned about our enemy, surely Guderian knows? She has almost two thirds of her NATO force sitting on their collective backsides but in Foreston doing sweet bugger all. They're much closer, in fact I know there is a Swedish and Dutch unit headed up to the El'dari in the  mountains....damn." He was trying not to over think this, but it needed some deep thoughtful tactical evaluation. "I'm going to have to refuse that if the order comes Colonel. I've been fighting these b*stards for a month now and I know the moment we let them think we've relaxed at our post here, they'll launch another offensive. While we remain a thorn in there side in this valley, it forces them elsewhere, as you've seen with your report. We need to speak with General Guderian and I mean now." He didn't often get annoyed, but right now he was utterly peed off.
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Robert Laurel

• Honored Member
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • Robert Laurel is a rising star!Robert Laurel is a rising star!Robert Laurel is a rising star!Robert Laurel is a rising star!Robert Laurel is a rising star!Robert Laurel is a rising star!
« Reply #226 on: December 26, 2017, 05:19:31 PM »

<<Cellphone>>

"Major MacGregor, this is Margit Guderian. I am sending you the latest positions that we know of the Forerunner moves to the north. I'll putting the entire brigade in the line. Your job is to delay the enemy until we can get there. The Chinooks are on the way now. Get out there and probe, Major. Pull out all the stops. Make them fear Terrans. Make them fear the night. Anything you want you will have it."
Robert Laurel

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #227 on: January 04, 2018, 11:45:21 PM »

<D6-East. Command Tent>

Ben was on the verge of making, or at least grabbing another heavy shot of caffeine when his phone went off. He immediately saw the ID, then replied. "Thank you General, we'll need some recon as I want to know what kind of numbers we're going up against. Artillery might be needed and I'll need to speak with the El'Dari and Kelts up that way as well." He looked over at Mac, there was still the problem of keeping this sector sown up tight.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 09:00:57 PM by Mim »
Far Dareis Mai

Robert Laurel

• Honored Member
  • Major
  • Robert Laurel is a rising star!Robert Laurel is a rising star!Robert Laurel is a rising star!Robert Laurel is a rising star!Robert Laurel is a rising star!Robert Laurel is a rising star!
« Reply #228 on: January 08, 2018, 11:51:13 PM »

<<D6-East. Command Tent>>

<<Cellphone>>

Immediately information began flowing from the Brigade HQ computers to Ben's cellphone. "You'll have everything we can get," Margit said. "Right now we have overhead from satellites and drones plus signals intelligence. They're broadcasting orders in the clear. You'll have all the artillery tubes in the brigade in support and some Kelt artillery as well. I'll have the El'dari and native Kelts up there get in touch with you."
Robert Laurel

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #229 on: January 09, 2018, 09:18:35 PM »

<D6-East. Command Tent>

Ben had to do some quick math, very quick. It was a good thing he shared with his sister one trait, that having a fast and deeply analytical mind; he wasn't bad with numbers either. He held his hand over the phone to speak with Mac for a moment. "This valley is a mile and half wide, it runs six miles deep and we're at the northern end. My thinking is we leave the 7th Cavalry here, plus some mortar units and light infantry, say about 100. That should be enough to hold this position for a while; providing they get re-supplied a little more frequently than what we did. Thoughts?"
Far Dareis Mai

Robert Laurel

• Honored Member
  • Major
« Reply #230 on: January 15, 2018, 02:42:45 PM »

<<D6-East. Command Tent>>

Brigid had been staring at the feed into her own communicator and assessing the tactical situation. "No problem, Ben. We've got the ground cleared, foxholes dug, and mines laid. We also have our organic tanks and infantry fighting vehicles in support. Any attack will get butchered. I've got orders to let you replenish your stocks from our."
Robert Laurel

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #231 on: January 15, 2018, 11:47:07 PM »

<D6-East. Command Tent>

That was all the reassurance Ben needed. Too many lives had been lost holding this one single valley, the one area east of the coast that the enemy could make a decent attack from, he wasn't about to turn his back on those brave men and women simply because it got too hard for him. Just knowing that the Valley would be held and a thwart against the Forerunners gave him a feeling of deep satisfaction. "Can't say I'm sad to see the back end of this place, but I guess hindsight will tell me much later on, I'm only swapping one misery for another. I understand some of those mountain passes are around 15,000 feet. Must be one hell of a view."

Slipping off his canvas chair, Ben ran his hardened fingers through his scruffy hair. "I'm going to reward myself by sleeping until morning General, I'll be on the first Chinook that stops by after 0600 tomorrow." With that he crawled down to the floor next to the stove, pulled an old blanket over him, using someone's back pack for a pillow and placed his cellphone on the table. He turned his head, opened one eye wearily. "The Cavalry boys need maps, maps and 7.62mm ammo General, and blankets, decent blankets." Then finally he reached up to switch off the phone at last.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 12:03:23 AM by Mim »
Far Dareis Mai
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]