Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: New BBCode - Floatleft, Floatright  (Read 165 times)

Cynadea

New BBCode - Floatleft, Floatright
« on: March 23, 2017, 07:27:08 AM »

I took the liberty to code a little something that I like to use when I put images in my posts. As you will see in this post, the image did not stand alone at the top; the text wraps around it.

The new tags are:

[floatleft][/floatleft]
[floatright][/floatright]

Just put the image code between the two tags with the usual [img][/img] tags

For those of you who are familiar with CSS, it applies the propriety "Float".

For those who aren't... you are probably giving it that look:

Without tags:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. In volutpat venenatis dolor, id volutpat metus fringilla id. Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et netus et malesuada fames ac turpis egestas. Cras eleifend gravida nulla, ac tempus velit pulvinar eu. Vivamus varius magna dolor, vel semper lectus blandit hendrerit. In at elit non neque mollis suscipit. Pellentesque efficitur est quam, vel dictum odio vestibulum ac. Phasellus at vehicula felis. Pellentesque euismod pretium enim, eget rhoncus velit tempus a. Proin fringilla cursus lorem, at ullamcorper odio feugiat non.

Floatright:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. In volutpat venenatis dolor, id volutpat metus fringilla id. Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et netus et malesuada fames ac turpis egestas. Cras eleifend gravida nulla, ac tempus velit pulvinar eu. Vivamus varius magna dolor, vel semper lectus blandit hendrerit. In at elit non neque mollis suscipit. Pellentesque efficitur est quam, vel dictum odio vestibulum ac. Phasellus at vehicula felis. Pellentesque euismod pretium enim, eget rhoncus velit tempus a. Proin fringilla cursus lorem, at ullamcorper odio feugiat non.

Floatleft:

let me know if you have any questions!

Oh! Don't put just a bunch of text between the float tags in the middle of a paragraph... It's just confusing and pretty much useless.

Khnum

• Major
  • Reputation Power: 56
  • Khnum is leading the good life!Khnum is leading the good life!Khnum is leading the good life!Khnum is leading the good life!Khnum is leading the good life!Khnum is leading the good life!Khnum is leading the good life!Khnum is leading the good life!Khnum is leading the good life!Khnum is leading the good life!Khnum is leading the good life!
Re: New BBCode - Floatleft, Floatright
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 04:45:34 PM »

Interesting this mode ^^ :D

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 10:01:51 PM »

Thank you for this Cyn, I find it very intriguing and I just know I am going to have use for it in the very near future. What can I say other than, bloody magnifique!  :yes:
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

VagabonD SerpenT

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 42
  • VagabonD SerpenT is a force to reckon with.VagabonD SerpenT is a force to reckon with.VagabonD SerpenT is a force to reckon with.VagabonD SerpenT is a force to reckon with.VagabonD SerpenT is a force to reckon with.VagabonD SerpenT is a force to reckon with.VagabonD SerpenT is a force to reckon with.VagabonD SerpenT is a force to reckon with.
  • Forum Bouncer, so behave.
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2017, 07:47:08 AM »

That shall be awesome, and in the character and lore threads - especially. I do have a hard time sometimes coming away from the LaTeX functionality on the boards :P
Terra Locuta. Causa Finita.

Bickering with an admin is like fighting a dragon. You gave him a good kick, poked his eye with your sword and already are aiming to cut his throat open, when the dragon gets tired and finally breathes out.

lethal-pageant