Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Games archiving  (Read 560 times)

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!
  • "I am the Mother!"
Games archiving
« on: May 25, 2017, 09:10:53 PM »

Due to lack of activity, player number, interest or direction, the following RPG games will be archived.

Wheel of Time
Pacific Rim
Edelios a Safe Haven
Star Wars

If any of you feel that a game can be saved please tell us why and how. As per our experiences here on the forum we know that anything less than four players will not work, nor will a game work without a moderator who knows what they are doing.

These games will be placed in archives on Wednesday the 31st of May if there are no reasonable objections.

Shadowlord

• Sin Bin
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!
Re: Games archiving
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 05:54:17 AM »

Say what you will but I am completely willing to run Star Wars.
And yes I am willing to do the boring paperwork too.
I love Star Wars and by not having this Rp all my Star Wars potential and knowledge is just completely going to waste. Again judge me if you will but know that I know I would totally have this.

XARXU

• Airman First Class
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • XARXU A new starter.
  • Wheel of Time RPer
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 06:50:08 AM »

(written on phone, please forgive typos)

I joined Lost World's for the Wheel of Time RP. Whether there are 20 interested players or 2, I don't see the benefit of nuking boards unless there are new games you're hoping to put up in their stead.

I confess to being anxious about not stepping on toes in terms of the direction the RP is going, and the presiding GM's vision for it (and my still being only roughly halfway through the books), but as I said in the WoT Chat thread, I'd be perfectly comfortable bending it into AU. I don't think we have named a Dragon Reborn by name yet, but there is still so much we could work on, even if we did.

As I see it, Daes Dae'mar, the Wolf brothers, the Angreal/Ter'angreal, Channelers, Knights, Gleemen, Trollocs, Myrdraal, Forsaken (etc) are what a Wheel of Time story are about, and Drama, Romance and Intrigue.

I think we simply haven't been as imaginative as we could've been, and I think that calls for more extensive plotting, rather than termination of the entire RP.

I'll say it again: I've searched for 12 years for a WoT RP that was tended, and written in. If you terminate our WoT board, my relentless search will be forced to continue, or - a drawback for Lost World's - measures may have to be taken, in searching or creating, to accommodate the loss.

I know nothing about the other RPs though, and have no opinions about them.

CHARACTER LIST

• | Mazim (Wheel of Time RP)
  --
  --
  --
  --
  --

Thaddeus

• Senior Airman
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Thaddeus Thumb turning green.Thaddeus Thumb turning green.
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2017, 03:56:55 PM »

I am up for running the Pacific Rim board.

Setting up, running it - I'm very up for the challenge :)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 178
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 04:07:14 PM »

This basically came from me, I asked Mum to post this because guys quite simply I don't have the mental strength to take up the GMing of those posts left by Cynadea and our previous Star Wars GMs. Its enough for me to run the SG and Regal Wars plus my responsibilities elsewhere.

So this is where we are. Wheel of Time needs management and a story/line plot that will A/ be something awesome to get into /B help to attract others to it hopefully. We do have 4 of us willing, so XARXU if you think you can GM it, we'll keep it.

Star Wars. Sorry Shadow but until you come off moderation there is nothing we can do. Plus I will point this out clearly, no one, no one but you wanted to, or wants to do the Confederation, so even if we did find a way, that will not be a part of it.

PACRIM. Thad as you know, my knowledge of this genre is zero, nada. So if you have a plan and direction, give it to us. Right now there is only 3 of us, not enough for a game of this scope. 2 more would probably do it.
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Khnum

• Major
  • Reputation Power: 68
  • Khnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has Ascended
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2017, 04:48:49 PM »

A pity for Star Wars :^

Thaddeus

• Senior Airman
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Thaddeus Thumb turning green.Thaddeus Thumb turning green.
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2017, 06:44:37 PM »

PACRIM. Thad as you know, my knowledge of this genre is zero, nada. So if you have a plan and direction, give it to us. Right now there is only 3 of us, not enough for a game of this scope. 2 more would probably do it.

Of course :)

I do have ideas, and ways of sorting things out. Probably will have to write out a couple of things; e.g battles and how threads are managed and such! Everything seems to be good in terms of sub boards.

Would making another character be helpful at all?

I think it'd be a shame to give up on it so far.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2017, 08:04:30 PM »

Thanks Thad that would be great. As I see it, we need 2 more rangers, one to cover Cyn's character and a partner for Sorra's character. I can't do it as I have no idea how to play it out. To be honest I don't want to give up any of these games but without someone to run each one there is little I can do.
Far Dareis Mai

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2017, 09:07:01 PM »

So, Edelios a Safe Haven and Forgotten Realms are out? Archived? No longer playing on them? I got a bit lost on what Edelios was when I realized its diverged from FR...
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2017, 09:28:20 PM »

yes they are on the top of the list really. Once we changed to Edelios, the flame sort of died down with FR and losing just that one player killed it for me to in FR  :^
Far Dareis Mai

Shadowlord

• Sin Bin
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2017, 09:43:59 PM »

I see.

XARXU

• Airman First Class
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • XARXU A new starter.
  • Wheel of Time RPer
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2017, 12:49:02 PM »

I could take over WoT, if that's what needs to happen. I'm no stranger to administrating, and I'll have the input from the other players to assist if/when I need help.

CHARACTER LIST

• | Mazim (Wheel of Time RP)
  --
  --
  --
  --
  --

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2017, 06:23:37 PM »

Get something organised XARXU and you've got the job and thank you
Far Dareis Mai

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 38
  • Cipherhornet18 has a powerful will.Cipherhornet18 has a powerful will.Cipherhornet18 has a powerful will.Cipherhornet18 has a powerful will.Cipherhornet18 has a powerful will.Cipherhornet18 has a powerful will.Cipherhornet18 has a powerful will.
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2017, 10:34:16 PM »

Im willing to help with Star Wars, Ive got over a decade of experience with another club that is SW focused.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2017, 01:47:22 AM »

Im willing to help with Star Wars, Ive got over a decade of experience with another club that is SW focused.

:yes:

Cipher if you think you can pick it up, work around something with what we had (or there abouts) its all yours. The only real essential theme we wish to keep is the timeline, ie ten years after episode three. We can either simply start again, or somehow pick up where we left off. Either way is fine. We could use at least one or two more players to really make it great again.
Far Dareis Mai
Pages: [1] 2

lethal-pageant