Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Games archiving  (Read 561 times)

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 38
  • Cipherhornet18 has a powerful will.Cipherhornet18 has a powerful will.Cipherhornet18 has a powerful will.Cipherhornet18 has a powerful will.Cipherhornet18 has a powerful will.Cipherhornet18 has a powerful will.Cipherhornet18 has a powerful will.
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
Re: Games archiving
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2017, 02:09:16 AM »

I would like to see the general consensus on restarting or not (personally, if only because I think it'd inspire people to try new things and I don't like taking over other people's work, I'm in favor of a restart).

But if I may ask, why is the timeframe set in stone? Is there any possibility, should people be interested, to try something different? I ask because I'll be point blank honest, I don't have TV so I can't follow Rebels, and diving through Wookiepedia is unreliable these days. If that's what people want, cool, but if we have some wiggle room, I'm willing to work with anyone opting to remain with Star Wars to make something work.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 178
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2017, 02:44:24 AM »

Possibly I'm feeling a restart would be inevitable.

Oh, the timeline. We're essentially doing an emergence of the rebellion, so its fairly much up to the imagination really for us. This SW thing of ours has been on and off for years now, in fact we started doing this way before Rebels was even known, heck I still haven't seen it. It just saves fiddling around editing and or making new characters, as well it leaves us with a lot of room to go in a zillion directions. Have you read any of what we have already written?
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Second Lieutenant
  • Cipherhornet18 has a powerful will.Cipherhornet18 has a powerful will.Cipherhornet18 has a powerful will.Cipherhornet18 has a powerful will.Cipherhornet18 has a powerful will.Cipherhornet18 has a powerful will.Cipherhornet18 has a powerful will.
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2017, 02:57:19 AM »

I haven't, no. Kind of have been keeping to myself and what I'm involved with in Stargate before today.

I do have something that could help me, I got my hands on a beta copy of the Age of the Rebellion sourcebook in PDF form a while ago for the new RPG that FFG put out. It does have opportunities, but I guess the question is what's the canon stance? One group I was part of basically went with the rest of SW, in that only what is in movies, TV shows, and any new books is considered canon, the rest is filed under "Legends", and another group accepted "Legends" as canon.

While I get what you're saying, I also like to keep my options open and if people want to explore other options, I'm willing to look at it if I'm allowed to.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2017, 03:08:43 AM »

:yes:

right now everything is pretty much open. My only conditions is that we stay within the lore of the movies, other than that we'd be good for anything. I say that because 1/ the movies is the only knowledge I have 2/ I don't like mixing stuff like computer games/cartoons and books into what we do, its one or the other basically. But I don't think that is too restrictive.
Far Dareis Mai

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Second Lieutenant
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2017, 03:34:45 AM »

Well, on the second point, they kind of are mixed in "Legends", just really badly. The only thing I prefer to take from "Legends" is the ships and equipment, the options are more open, but I'll admit that it's also a cluster-blank when it comes to keeping some stuff straight. That said, some of the ships and stuff, a good friend of mine showed me a way to make it all work.

So in that case, then, "Legends" is non-canon. Easy enough, I can work with it, but the era, again, I'd need to read up on Rebels to figure it out because a lot of the canon set in that timeframe got dictated by that show.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2017, 04:27:03 PM »

Like all good RP's we do create our own tech. Bowsy is using Serenity from Firefly, Laya's fighter is from Buck Rogers :D

Timeline. Nothing to it really as the Rebel factor from that movie hasn't been figured in. We'll make our own storyline  :yes: :lol
Far Dareis Mai

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Second Lieutenant
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2017, 09:45:55 PM »

Custom tech gets dicey in my opinion, since theres always That Guy that slips in something meta and broken. BUT. Ive also seen it work so as long as supervisory staff has final say on approval, I can run with it. And Im a proponent of grandfathering in things that were previously approved.

Ultimately, while I agree with doing whatever, I like some structure and direction. An easy method has been to be in a region where it doesnt affect canon but is still affected. It allows for new stories without what I call the Voyager Disconnect, where its so far removed it might as well not be there.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2017, 09:50:16 PM »

all tech is to be approved before usage :D It will be your baby after all  :yes:

I'll get something together as soon as I can to map it out for you. In the meantime......>>>> a battle awaits elsewhere :D

Far Dareis Mai

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2017, 01:30:28 AM »

@Cipherhornet18

Post moved to SW board  :yes:
Far Dareis Mai

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Second Lieutenant
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2017, 01:38:24 AM »

Thank you, I misunderstood.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2017, 01:51:38 AM »

:RR :fixt
Far Dareis Mai

Khnum

• Major
  • Reputation Power: 68
  • Khnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has Ascended
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2017, 09:14:48 AM »

I've noticed how many sections have disappeared in the Stargate SG1 RPG, including the disappearance of Okoma's territory, what a pity :^
Pages: 1 [2]