Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20

Author Topic: M897-T440 Rebel Genii Homeworld  (Read 4675 times)

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
Re: M897-T440 Rebel Genii Homeworld
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2017, 08:02:19 AM »

Flynn shifted from one foot to the other as she listened.  This mission was sounding more and more dangerous as time passed.  But if it helped get Mike back then it was completely worth it.  Right now though there wasn't anything she could really add to the conversation so she stayed silent, taking it all in.  She didn't want to miss anything and then become a liability.

Troy

• Chief Master Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Troy might someday be a gardener.Troy might someday be a gardener.Troy might someday be a gardener.Troy might someday be a gardener.
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2017, 07:20:01 PM »

The mission was quickly moving away from what it originally appeared to be. Not that it surprised William too much, missions with the SGC were often far from straightforward. Securing a village and seeking out a rumored WMD was not in the normal job description of a PJ/CRO.

He still wasn't sure of the connection to their primary mission, but would leave that up to those that were more in the know than he was.

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 38
  • Cipherhornet18 has a powerful will.Cipherhornet18 has a powerful will.Cipherhornet18 has a powerful will.Cipherhornet18 has a powerful will.Cipherhornet18 has a powerful will.Cipherhornet18 has a powerful will.Cipherhornet18 has a powerful will.
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2017, 12:49:32 PM »

<UNS Dreadnought, Main Briefing Room Center Hangar>

"Alright, if there's nothing else, let's get this show on the road, we're not waiting on the Genii to die of old age here. Got a big day ahead of us, kickin' the tires isn't getting it done." Jason said, clapping his hands together once.

Michelle stood up with the rest of Mako and headed for the door, followed by Sheppard and Jack. Jason gave Elle a knowing wink, before heading out to get up in front of the crowd and lead the way to the -401. Deck hands were running around the craft, getting it prepped and ready.

Jack headed straight up the ramp and into the cockpit, sitting down in the co-pilot's seat for a moment while AJ was still doing the pre-flight checks.

"Tower will upload the LZ to your map. As soon as you're clear of the ship, hit the cloak and head for it. After that, you're on gunship duty." Jack said. AJ just nodded.

"...can we not fight right now? I didn't say anything for you, just that you two need to talk. But I made it clear that things were not okay, and that she crossed the line in a bad way." Jack said, keeping his voice down. AJ set down her checklist and stared at Jack.

"You know how I feel about this right now, and you know how I feel about you trying to fight my battles for me, Jack." AJ replied.

"And you know that I'm never going to stop sticking up for you. That doesn't stop when we're on the ground. And it's not because I don't think you can do it. I know you can, you're as strong as they come. But I love you, and that's what I do for you." Jack explained, leaning forward.

"I don't want you there when we talk. She needs to know she crossed the line that time. I get the circumstances, and who knows how I'd react if you went MIA, but that was too far..." AJ sighed and then finally smiled, "And I know you don't do it for any malicious reason. It still bothers me, but we're not fighting." She then leaned in and the two shared a quick kiss before Jack stood up.

"Alright. Time for the Genii to have a really bad friggin' day. We already paid for the ammo, so let's put it to use." Jack said as he headed for the ramp. AJ shot him a thumbs up before returning to her checklist. She then reached into one of her flight suit pockets and pulled out her iPod. After fiddling with it, she plugged it into input line that fed the PA speakers inside the ship, and then hit PLAY.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Jason glanced up for a moment before shaking his head and began removing the weapons that the Armory staff had left for him, a Barrett M107 and an M4A1 with all of the usual attachments, bells and whistles.

Michelle and Sheppard both had the same look of someone who was recognizing the song, before a grin crossed the SEAL's lips.

"Oh man, I think I know this..." Michelle asked, but was then surprised when the lyrics came out not in English but in German.

"Major, why are you playing the German version?" Sheppard asked.

"Something about it that I like. Also, if anyone doesn't like it, too bad. It's part of the preflight prep." AJ said over her shoulder with a broad grin. Sheppard just shook his head and leaned back. Michelle started tapping her foot along with the beat, still grinning a little bit. Not bad for a Jarhead...
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 08:47:26 PM by Mim »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 178
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2017, 09:47:01 PM »

As Elle was about to see them off, an Airman came running to her. Quickly he explained that they were short one Pilot for the 401's and Elle, being who she was, didn't think twice about it. She was not about to have Alecia back up again in her present condition and there was no way she was going to have either Cate or Lena fly their own ship down to merely leave it on the ground, when there was the secondary mission for the 401's to carry out. "Well it seems like you all won't be without me watching over your collective shoulders today, we're short a pilot and I'm not about to waste time rousing up any off duty jocks. I'll be flying wing to AJ, so there you have it and Chief, before you try to counter with an argument, the answer is no. Load up boys and girls." With that quickly out of the way, Elle bolted for the pilots ready room to change, as she ran, she called the bridge to explain the situation. "So Aria, until I get back, if anyone wants me, you'll know where I am."

Cate groaned, nudging Lena as she herself moved towards the dark grey shape of the 401 next to the Spirit, on the nose was the motif of the ships Captain, a pair of stiletto heeled legs straddled over a bomb with the single word across 'Legs'. "Looks like we get the executive ride people." She said to her team. "Fred you're coming with?" Cate took him into the conversation as well.
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2017, 07:57:47 AM »

Flynn wasn't at all sure what to expect with this mission.  She prayed that they found Mike, but she wondered what else they would be facing when they touched down.  She knew in this instance she was going to have to trust the leaders.

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • NG has a powerful will.NG has a powerful will.NG has a powerful will.NG has a powerful will.NG has a powerful will.NG has a powerful will.NG has a powerful will.
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2017, 02:50:11 PM »

< From CMO’s office via the Bridge >

Entering the hangar bay, Carrie realized she’d stepped in to a frenzy of ships about to leave any minute. Quickly and making sure she stayed out of the way, she scanned the area and caught a glimpse of Elle’s back just as she ducked in to the pilots ready room, “Got you!” she murmured and crossed the hangar bay as fast as she could, moving along the walls.

< Center Hangar bay, Pilots Ready Room >

“Elle?” she called when entering the room, “I need a few words with you?”

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2017, 11:27:36 PM »

The flight suit simply went over the top of her standard black ship's uniform, not special in that so there was no need for privacy as Elle slipped her long legs into zippered legs of the green suit. Once pulled up she began the securing process by sitting down to close the leg sides and the laces; it as after all still a Gee suit. She was in the middle of doing up the front zipper when Carrie's golden head appeared. "Shoot Carrie, I've got a few minutes." She was naturally suspicious of course, her first thought being that the ship's CMO had found some reason to not allow her to fly. Now that would of course be far to coincidental.
Far Dareis Mai

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2017, 07:17:57 AM »

Major Fred Rivers
Captain Harly Green
1st Lieutenant Charlotte Summers
Company Sergeant Major Gary Carter

"Aye." Said Fred in response to Cate's comment about if they were comming. The team made their way up the ramp but Fred stopped mid way up as he heard the ship commander mention that she was suddenly comming along. He sighed and hung his head a little as he pulled his Dark Grey watch cap from his pocket and removed his Beret that he hadn't had the chance to remove yet. Stuffing the ceremonial head dress in to his pocket he pulled the watch cap over the top of his head and carried on to sit down.
"Oh great the ship commanders comming, when did they start taking James Kirk's example of how to be a good space ship commander" He said as he sat next to Harly as close to the rear door as he could get.
"Major. You know you'd do the same in her position." Said Harly quietly, they were making sure their conversation didnt carry. Fred had no intention of disrespecting Elle, and didnt want anybody to think so. He just felt this mission had a lot less planning than something with this many assets should.
"Yeah I would but thats because I am not exactly the most sensible human being, or the most professional officer."
"Pretty scary though. He's the only officer I ever saw kill an enemy with an axe. We were off world once and he killed an Ori Soldier who ambushed us and anouther SG team by throwing his tomahawk at them." Said Gary trying to change the subject. He shared Fred's feelings that the mission maybe haddnt had the planning one of its size should have. But he wasn't going to say anything.

Charlotte glanced over at the Major.
"You killed somebody with your Axe?" She asked. Fred shrugged.
"We were ambushed with SG ten on a mission, my axe was closer to hand than my pistol."
"And you actully hit him with it?" Asked Harly. She was aware Fred could fight with an Axe. But she knew the statistical possibilities of throwing an axe at a moving target and actully hitting them with the blade. Sure it was a heavy lump of metal and plastic hitting somebody and that could knock them off their feet. But killing somebody with it was an achievment. Fred simply shrugged in response.
"Got lucky I guess. I just wanted time to draw my pistol."
Charlotte couldn't help but glance at his commanding officers weapons now and simply wondered how many people he, and Gary had killed in their time in the military. She had killed maybe a few dozen in desperation when it came down to them or her, but her team mates were not her.

VagabonD SerpenT

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • VagabonD SerpenT is a force to reckon with.VagabonD SerpenT is a force to reckon with.VagabonD SerpenT is a force to reckon with.VagabonD SerpenT is a force to reckon with.VagabonD SerpenT is a force to reckon with.VagabonD SerpenT is a force to reckon with.VagabonD SerpenT is a force to reckon with.VagabonD SerpenT is a force to reckon with.
  • Forum Bouncer, so behave.
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2017, 08:32:31 AM »

When Elle finally cut to the point and began the briefing on the new mission objectives, Elena had to stifle a child of prolific encounter of a sigh and a groan that was wrestling out of her lungs, slipping down in one of the still vacant chairs in the room and focusing on the new intel, not forgetting to give a side glance to one of the men trying to sneak a peak up her shirt. Processing and filtering the flow of the information, Ovcharenko was left with no questions but one - how many times more the things are gonna change tonight, and in whose favour?

"Aye, aye, I'm going!"

Redhead grumbled, rubbing her side that Cate had nudged hard.

"I was just considering the best way to approach the new situation, 'tis all. Do you really think I'd let you go unleashed out there and stay behind, eh?"

A smirk and a wink later, Colonel paused by the weapon racks, looking at her gear serviced by the ship's armoury. To be frank, she still was not quite used to the fact that there was a special crew to handling and maintaing weapons in the military installations and aboard the vessels in what was to her still essentially the "Western" army. Back home, it was drilled into the head of anyone from private to marshall that your weapon is your repsonbility, and yours alone. The reason for that train of thoughts was caused by the apparent need to switch from the assault rifle and pistol to a sniper one and SMG - under the new circumstances those were going to come in much more handy. And a frag swapped in favour of a flashbang.

Lena waited for her whole team to gather around her and then followed Cate closely, going to the ships.

"Cate, you'll have to be the damage disher tonight then instead of me. Will - you're the support, Flynn - just stay the heck behind and move only when someone tells you to. I don't mean anything by that beside the fact that you are a techy head, not a soldier, and we're going to end up in a really friendly neighbourhood in a bit... Middle of a park, my arse..."

Okay, given the insertion by air, that was quite a logical point. But in truth she'd have much more liked to end up in some forsaken train depot, not in the middle of a funfair. Climbing into the "exclusive ride", Lena noticed the look on Fred's face and pursed her own lips, catching up with his own thinking. Yeah, she did not like that Elle was going to fly either, but both of the women knew how stubborn the other one was, so no kind of argument given to Elle was going to change her mind.

"So, Fred, time to wipe that look of 'what are we even doing here' from your face. If half of the intel provided is true, then you lot will be great to distract the Genii into a firefight here and there while I and Sheppard advance. Or help one of our teams to flank or pincer their own teams."
Terra Locuta. Causa Finita.

Bickering with an admin is like fighting a dragon. You gave him a good kick, poked his eye with your sword and already are aiming to cut his throat open, when the dragon gets tired and finally breathes out.

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • NG has a powerful will.NG has a powerful will.NG has a powerful will.NG has a powerful will.NG has a powerful will.NG has a powerful will.NG has a powerful will.
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2017, 11:58:20 AM »

The flight suit simply went over the top of her standard black ship's uniform, not special in that so there was no need for privacy as Elle slipped her long legs into zippered legs of the green suit. Once pulled up she began the securing process by sitting down to close the leg sides and the laces; it as after all still a Gee suit. She was in the middle of doing up the front zipper when Carrie's golden head appeared. "Shoot Carrie, I've got a few minutes." She was naturally suspicious of course, her first thought being that the ship's CMO had found some reason to not allow her to fly. Now that would of course be far to coincidental.

< Center Hangar Bay, Pilots Ready Room  >

The slightly apprehensive look Elle gave her when entering the smaller room didn’t go unnoticed - in fact she’d be more surprise if she hadn’t gotten that look, being in the position she were. Having a pilot as a lifetime companion had made her very much aware of how afraid they all were to lose their wings…
“Don’t worry, I promise I’ll be brief.” Carrie said as the sat down on the bench opposite Elle. “I just want to know what we’re up against and what I can expect in terms of…” she made a gesture up and down Elle, “well, you lot getting off the ship and in to some kind of action? Where are we and what are we facing?”

« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 12:11:23 PM by NG »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2017, 01:56:13 AM »

In a very short time, disregarding Elle's former behavior, she had become friends with the ships 'temporary' CMO. She kept that word in her heart and soul because she knew that she will find Mike no matter what. Be that as it was, Carrie and the ship's commander shared a lot in common, the most obvious thing of all having them both firmly attached to Air Force officers. The similarities went deeper, both had the same type of energy, the same empathy for those who served under and that same curiosity that the world and life threw at them. Plus they were both natural blondes, that had to be a stand out. "Casualties?" She said blankly, knowing full full it was expected. One thing you always got from Elle and that was the truth and nothing but the truth. "I'd be lying if I even said light Carrie, so I won't even go there. We're making a courtesy call to the rebel Genii, we do have reliable intel that they may well be planning a pre-emptive strike on Atlantis. You could say we're doing this to make sure that doesn't happen." The zipper made a louder sound than it should have when she pulled it up.

Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2017, 08:32:11 AM »

Flynn nodded.  She wasn't insulted at all.  Sure, she could handle a gun, but as Elena said she wasn't a soldier. And she had seen enough action while trying to escape the Borg to last her a lifetime.  She would gladly do as she was told and only move when spoken to.  It was safest for all of them that way.

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2017, 03:47:50 PM »

< Center Hangar Bay, Pilots Ready Room >

Carrie raised a brow, “A courtesy call? Somehow I doubt you’ll be bringing cake… or at least not the kind of cake I like.”
Inhaling deeply she finally nodded and got up from the bench, feeling the minutes ticking away really fast now, “So how many men are you taking along? 5? 20? Just to give me a clue of what to deal with, being the worst case scenario prepper I am.”

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2017, 12:46:15 AM »

< Center Hangar Bay, Pilots Ready Room >

Elle did a quick count in her head, basically very easy for her simply to add the numbers within the teams. AR1 was four, SG4 was the same, that made eight, then Fred's team made twelve and finally the Mako unit of six, that squared it off at eighteen. There was a chance that some Marines may be added at the last moment, depending on what intel she received from the bridge when they arrived in orbit. "For now Carrie, eighteen. But as you know with these type of operations, that could increase to a larger force depending on how heavy our little call might get. But..." She paused just very briefly. "...if all goes well, you may find yourself waiting for a while with nothing to do. I might add that we will have about eight pilots in and around also." She couldn't forget that part as she was one of them.

********************
 The sorting out had been done. AR-1 and the Mako unit were going in AJ's 401, the Spirit of Liberty. SG4 and Fred's team were boarding Elle's bird, simply called after her 'Legs'. She coughed into her hand when she listened to the story about Fred, she had heard it quite a few times before, but always got a giggle out of it, trying to imagine the surprised look on the Ori when he was felled by a simple axe. She did though have to comment to him. "Give her a break Fred, McFearson has been through agony, have a little sympathy okay? Besides, I think she's entitled to do whatever she needs to do at this point."  As Cate mounted the ramp into the little ship she noticed the rack of 250kg bombs sitting up front, the same she assumed would be in the Spirit. "Hmmm, pleasant company we have to share our ride with." She laughed nervously as she twisted her head around to the rest on the team. "If that doesn't make us sweat nothing will."
Far Dareis Mai

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.Bowsy 112 is a force to reckon with.
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2017, 06:58:30 PM »

Major Fred Rivers
Captain Harly Green
1st Lieutenant Charlotte Summers
Company Sergeant Major Gary Carter

Fred was about to respond to Cate, but Harly put her hand on his chest. Fred may have been the team leader, but Harly still had the unspoken and unofficial power to stop him. Often doing the thinking that Fred's mouth sometimes bypassed. She glared at him for a moment as Fred looked to his official XO, even though SG-12 did tend to default to Gary as leader if Fred wasn't around. Fred then glanced back to Cate.
"And she has every right to fly this ship as the Dreadnought commander." he said before sitting back and adding.
"But the fact they cant muster a spare pilot on one of the most important ships of the fleet is a little concerning." He wouldnt have mentioned anything had the MAKO's been aboard. But he was comfortable with his team and SG-4. He sat back happy his point was made. He was sure that the two Milky Way teams were aware that his comments were far from comments about Elle or anybody else on the ship, and were just general comments.

Gary simply nodded. He could see where the major was comming from. Coupled with a few of the other aspects he had noticed since their arrival in the Pegasus Galaxy. It didn't paint a picture of the best and brightest earth had to offer. Then again he knew Fred agreed with him that they were to fill a support role for SG-4 that a team of Marines could have filled. And he was quite sure that Harly agreed with both of them, though he was also quite sure Charlotte haddnt thought about it. At least not to much.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20