Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20

Author Topic: M897-T440 Rebel Genii Homeworld  (Read 6659 times)

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!
Re: M897-T440 Rebel Genii Homeworld
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2017, 02:47:31 PM »

< Center Hangar Bay, Pilots Ready Room >

Elle did a quick count in her head, basically very easy for her simply to add the numbers within the teams. AR1 was four, SG4 was the same, that made eight, then Fred's team made twelve and finally the Mako unit of six, that squared it off at eighteen. There was a chance that some Marines may be added at the last moment, depending on what intel she received from the bridge when they arrived in orbit. "For now Carrie, eighteen. But as you know with these type of operations, that could increase to a larger force depending on how heavy our little call might get. But..." She paused just very briefly. "...if all goes well, you may find yourself waiting for a while with nothing to do. I might add that we will have about eight pilots in and around also." She couldn't forget that part as she was one of them.

‘Two dozen, give or take a few. Not bad. Not good, but not as bad as I thought’ still, Carrie smiled and started to move away towards the door, “Don’t get me wrong, but twiddling my thumbs sounds just about great when it comes to missions like this. Now you take care, and don’t go gallivanting in to something that might blow up in our faces, you hear that? I wasn’t even fond of captains leaving their ships when watching Star Trek as a kid… They always ended up in a lot trouble…”

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2017, 05:52:16 PM »

<UNS Dreadnought, Central Hangar>

"All checks complete, ma'am." Finch said as he started strapping into the co-pilot's seat. Thompson took his place overseeing the sensors while Jason was manning the weapons control station.

"Roger. Sealing us up, verify seal integrity." AJ said and toggled the -401's hatches and ramps to close and seal up. Finch watched his monitors for a moment and then nodded twice.

"Green across the board, integrity good." Finch said.

"Sensors?" AJ asked.

"All systems show green, tracking nominal. Threat warning recievers check green as well." Thompson replied, holding out a thumbs up.

"Weps?" AJ asked, glancing over at Jason over her shoulder.

"All guns spun up fine, missiles read tracking and no red lights on the hardpoints." Jason replied.

"Check. Let's get this show on the road, then." She keyed up the comms system for flight control. "Dread Tower, this is Saint One. Pre-flight checks complete, requesting launch information, over."

"Saint One, Tower. You are clear to taxi, hold short of starboard launch bay, over."

"Saint One copies all. Taxiing to starboard launch bay hold." AJ said, already doing just that, rolling the large transport towards the starboard launch bay. As she did, she saw Jack's F-302 leading the first flight of what they were affectionately referring to as the "Wildcat". Unlike the other -302 Wildcats, which were painted in the standard US air superiority gray, Jack's carried the usual tradition of the US Navy, where the squadron commander's bird was adorned in a more stylized color scheme. In this case, he had appropriated the orange and black markings from his last squadron, VFA-94, and had even ordered the "USAF" markings replaced with "NAVY" in black.

The two of them waved from their respective craft before heading in opposite directions, with the -302 Wildcats heading for the port side launch bay.

In the back of the -401, Michelle looked across the bay to Sheppard.

"Sir, where do you want us at? I guess the SG teams are going to do their thing, so just wanted to make sure we're on the same page as well." Michelle asked.

"For now, keep close. Once we're on the ground and have a better read on what we're looking for and how much ugly we have to deal with, we'll go from there. You guys are packing probably the most firepower here, so don't be surprised if I have you go after something big." Sheppard replied.

"That's why we're here, sir. We'll bring the hate, you just tell us where to send it." The SEAL said with a grin.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 07:48:42 PM by Cipherhornet18 »

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2017, 10:31:54 PM »

Lt/Commander Aria Israel

"So Aria, until I get back, if anyone wants me, you'll know where I am."

Aria responded with a nod after hearing her voice, "Yes, Ma'am. Good luck."

Keeping her arms behind her back, she kept her eye on the screens while staying on the bridge for anything that should happen. She'll never know if something happens, so keeping her guard, she also noted the AC 401s leaving the hanger bay shortly after. The XO of the Dread wished them luck.

Hangar

Ronon

Ronon took his seat in the cargo hold of the AC 401. Everyone was already at the front, but he felt more home at the backseat anyways for a quick get out. To keep his weapon primed for ready, once the AC 401 would land, he'd get out and make sure to secure the landing.
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2017, 08:37:15 AM »

Flynn quietly followed the others towards the 401s.  A smile touched her lips though when she saw the name on the one they would be boarding and she nearly burst out laughing.  At least there was something to make people smile in such a horrible situation.  She just hoped and prayed that they would find Mike and Elle would be able to settle down again.  She stepped close to Cate. "Think we have a chance?" she whispered to the other woman. ""I don't even want to think about not finding him."
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 10:57:13 AM by sorra »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 208
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2017, 03:03:14 AM »

<Dread Central Hangar, pilots ready room>

With finally her helmet in hand, Elle stood straight to her almost six foot frame, gave Carrie a cheeky smile before answering. "Trust me Carrie, I value this body far too much to do anything stupid. The only reason I am going is because my pilots have been on constant patrols ever since we entered the Pegasus galaxy, I am possibly the only one besides AJ and Jack who's been rested. Now, since you are my CMO, I'm pretty sure you can do the math...." A little extension of the grin. "...ya know I never liked Star Trek that much, always thought it was a bit over the top." She had to go. "I'll be careful." Clutching the helmet under the crook of her arm, Elle waited; she wasn't about to just leave like that.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 01:56:36 AM by Mim »
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Thaddeus

• Senior Airman
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Thaddeus Thumb turning green.Thaddeus Thumb turning green.
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2017, 02:52:27 AM »

<UNS Dreadnought, Central Hangar>

Jim 'Trigger' Patterson stood off to one side after coming out of the briefing. He spared a glance down at his MARPAT combats as he glanced around the hanger, listening to Michelle speak. Trigger had been told that it was best not underestimate nor take them at face value, which worked fine with him at the end of the day.

Certainly, joining Mako was a new and challenging experience, needing to put their best foot forward with such a green taskforce.

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
  • Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.Cipherhornet18 has an aura about them.
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2017, 04:52:26 PM »

<AC-401 'Spirit of Liberty', UNS Dreadnought Starboard Launch Bay>

As they waited, the crew compartment was starting to get a little awkward in how silent it was. Voodoo spoke up first.

"So, Colonel, you a football fan?" Voodoo asked.

"Does a bear crap in the woods?" Sheppard replied with a grin.

"Hooyah. Boss here is a little mad, she's looking forward to this season." Voodoo said.

"Well yeah. This year could be good for both of my teams." Michelle replied.

"Who you got?" Sheppard asked.

"In pro ball, Denver. In college ball, it's where I came from, UNLV." Michelle said.

"Denver had a pretty bad season last year, what makes you think they got a chance this year?" Sheppard asked.

"Sir, she's used to the losing team. UNLV hasn't had a good year since she was there." Voodoo chimed in.

"Yeah, yet you keep with the Raiders, Voodoo." Ice said, slugging him in the shoulder.

"Good or bad, you stick with the team, sir. Denver, yeah, worst defense of the year, worst year they ever had, plus a bunch of shenanigans. But this year, might prove to be good, if we can get a halfway decent quarterback. And as for Nevada, well, last year we finally got a good coach. Last game I got to see was against Hawaii, that was a good game." Michelle explained.

"Now you got her worked up..." Deuce commented.

"Hey, finally I've got someone to talk football with. Do you know how hard that is around here?" Sheppard asked. That generated some laughs among the SEALs.

"Hey, Trigger, what about you? You got a team this year, or are you sitting it out like Midas. Or just being a stick in the mud like Deuce?" Michelle asked.

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2017, 03:19:31 PM »

<Dread Central Hangar, pilots ready room>

With finally her helmet in hand, Elle stood straight to her almost six foot frame, gave Carrie a cheeky smile before answering. "Trust me Carrie, I value this body far too much to do anything stupid. The only reason I am going is because my pilots have been on constant patrols ever since we entered the Pegasus galaxy, I am possibly the only one besides AJ and Jack who's bee rested. Now, since you are my CMO, I'm pretty sure you can do the math...." A little extension of the grin. "...ya know I never liked Star Trek that much, always thought it was a bit over the top." She had to go. "I'll be careful." Clutching the helmet under the crook of her arm, Elle waited; she wasn't about to just leave like that.

“Crap, you two really are peas in a pod…” Carrie let out a snort-like grin and shook her head as she recalled what Coleman had told her about the conversation she and Mike had had, just before he boarded the 401 almost a month ago – stepping in and putting their neck out rather than putting those under their command in situations they couldn’t handle.
Taking a step aside to let the Captain pass her, the CMO nodded, “You’d better be careful out there, because you don’t want a P.Oed CMO on you tail when you get back here. Trust me.”

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2017, 02:15:41 AM »

<Dread Central Hangar to Stbd launch bay>>

In her entire career attached to Stargate Command, Elle had only two close calls. The first when battling the Lucian Alliance some two and half years ago now when she was forced to bail over enemy territory. It did work out well in the end and when she looked back on it, she felt it was slightly amusing. The second event was more recent, when both her and Mike were caught in a storm on the flood and had to be rescued by the Coast Guard; now to her that was scary. "Most of us are that way. I think if pushed even you would be." She gave her one more re-assuring smile then donned her helmet. "We'll be back before you know it. In the meantime Carrie I'd like you to do me a small favor. When we find Mike...." Elle had no doubts about that. "...mentally he's going to need a lot of help. Apart from yourself, do you think you could draw up a list of experts we could call on?"

From that point she couldn't hesitate any longer. Leaving her CMO behind, Elle went directly to her own bird. 'Legs'. As she walked up the rear loading ramp she saw the teams were in place. Elle moved past SG4 and SG12, moving right up to the cockpit. She was flying solo on this mission, an extra workload of course but the 401 had been designed to be flown either with a full crew of 4 or just a pilot. Settling in she closed the cargo door, went through her pre-flight then once fired up, the little ship was rolling to stop behind AJ's bird. Elle called over the radio. "McFearson to Pierce, ready to roll AJ. Whenever you're ready." Although she was behind, Elle was in a position slightly off to one side so she could see the 'christmas' tree lights click down one at a time. The green was up just as she finished her call.
Far Dareis Mai

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2017, 03:48:22 PM »

Carrie nodded and mumbled, “Of course” as she watched the retreating back of Elle. ‘Been revising that it ever since I got here…’
Anne Horowitz was a given, Julianne Coleman – maybe not so much. Though a very skilled physician, she doubted Mike would appreciate having his XO as his attending. So probably better with Jennifer once they got back to Atlantis. Ruby, probably. If she was up to it. She was professional enough, no doubt about that, so more a question of in what shape Mike was in when he came back. Maybe they needed to keep the number of people around him to a minimum… or maybe he would require a lot of resources and in that case she wouldn’t have the luxury of choosing people and he would just have to cope with it as best he could. Plan for the worst, hope for the best.
To sum it up – it was impossible to plan for something she knew nothing about at this point, so maybe it would be best to just wing it when the time came.
Pulling in a deep breath, Carrie saw Elle board the ship further down the hangar bay, then turned and left to head back to her own turf.

>> To Med bay >>

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2017, 12:05:04 AM »

Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2017, 07:52:28 AM »

Flynn found her seat and quickly buckled in.  She wasn't sure what this trip was going to hold but hopefully they were able to discover something.  She watched as Elle walked by them, wondering just how the other woman was holding up during all this.

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2017, 11:15:08 PM »

"...Saint One, roger." AJ replied with a slight frown. Mission came first, but they were going to talk. And it was not going to be super pleasant, either, not after crossing that line.

"Saint One to Dread Tower. Requesting launch clearance." AJ called next to the control station.

"AJ, Legs, you are cleared for immediate launch. Good luck out there." The flight controller replied.

"Hawk to Transport Group. We're lining up for launch now, we'll be available for air support as needed. Check six and keep the faith, we'll find him." Jack said over comms.

[/i]"AJ copies all, Hawk. Good hunting."[/i] AJ replied.

With that, while the SEALs and Colonel Sheppard were going on about football, the -401s launched from the Dreadnought. As soon as they were clear, AJ toggled on the cloak and angled for the planet.

"Cloak reads 100%." Thompson reported.

"Saint One, on course for LZ, waypoint Charlie." AJ reported.

Troy

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Troy is on the verge of being accepted.Troy is on the verge of being accepted.Troy is on the verge of being accepted.Troy is on the verge of being accepted.Troy is on the verge of being accepted.
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2017, 07:52:53 PM »

The presence of the SGC's Chief Medical Officer didn't go unnoticed by William. He briefly caught her eye, and gave the Doctor a thumbs up. It was his way of telling her he would do his best to take care of any medical emergencies that might crop up planetside.

Following the rest of his team into the 401, he took a seat and awaited launch.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2017, 07:22:09 PM »

<AC-401-22 'Legs'>

"Somebody want to come up front to play X-box on the weapons system?" Elle called out back to the two teams. She knew most of them had the experience and even though she could handle it on her own, she preferred not to on entry at least. "McFearson to control, ramp clear." She turned to her left, gave the controller through his glassed window a quick salute, pressed the auto launch button then removed her hands so he could see them. A micro second later the 401 launched out of the ship like a scolded cat. In less than 200 meters she was at over 1200 knots, for about three seconds despite the inertia dampeners, the passengers and crew will still feel about 7g. For some it could be a little uncomfortable to the point of nausea.

In back Cate looked at her friends, which of course included Fred and his team. She personally didn't want to volunteer, not because she didn't have the experience, far from it. Cate simply knew if she were up front, even for a few moments she'd start talking with Elle, most likely about Mike. That was the last thing the woman needed. "Guys, any one of you can go up there, its as easy as a PC game honestly. Just a joy stick control and a screen for your targets." It was that simple.

As the little ship went wide and clear the cloak was engaged. Elle was back on the radio. "McFearson to flight. As soon as we bounce atmo, hold radio silence until we discharge our ground elements." After that she was on instruments, despite the cloaking, the 401's could 'see' each other via a special emitted pulse. She followed AJ's ship headed for the drop zone.
Far Dareis Mai
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20