Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21

Author Topic: PG8-K59 Alpha Site Gate Room Lvl 17  (Read 8008 times)

Flamelord

• Captain
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Flamelord A new starter.
  • Genius Extraordinaire
Re: PG8-K59 Alpha Site Gate Room
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2014, 12:32:30 PM »

All of a sudden, the gate began spinning, sending the base scrambling from an unscheduled activation. Sadly, they didn't have an iris like the Earth gate, but security personnel scrambled, just in time to receive the smattering of plasma weapons fire that flew through the gate to impact randomly. The guards were ready, weapons leveled at the gate as they waited for what threat was to come.
"Well, let me see. We've got slow death, quick death, painful death, cold, lonely death...."

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2014, 06:45:56 PM »

((OOC:I'll wait for Mel'sMom before bringing Flynn in))

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2014, 03:28:57 PM »

Lucille was still waiting for Jordan to show, yet she knew it would be some time given the distance and time they had spent getting to where they had been. She made her way to the gate room, with the intention to call Sean and make her report. The very instant she arrived, the alarms started signalling a dial in. "Close the iris!" She ordered, as her foot hit the door step. "What do we have Pratesh?"

{Petty Officer Satish Pratesh USN} NPC

"Nothing as yet ma'am. Some weapons fire, but no call." He replied.

"Very well, we'll wait." Lucille stood there with her arms folded. If it was one of their own, a call would come soon enough. Unless of course they were without a radio. That would be bad for them.

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2014, 04:47:10 PM »

Static came through the gate and onto the computer.  One simple word was all that was about to get through at the time.  Flynn  Just hopefully it was in time for the young woman or else the iris would finish what the Borg hadn't.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!Ellen_Ripley is leading the good life!
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2014, 04:58:26 PM »

Satish and Lucille both saw it at the same time. Although the General didn't know Flynn personally, she did know her by reputation and that only someone of her abilities would figure something out if they were without the essential tools to get by otherwise. "Open the Iris PO!" She told him, then on the PA she instructed the gate room guards. "Be on guard, this may be a deception."

Satish opened the Iris, there was no way though he thought to let them know, other than try and resend to the source, so he typed in simply "Clear."

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2014, 05:09:06 PM »

Flynn was flung through the gate from the force of the blast that had shattered her leg.  She rolled down the ramp, groaning in pain.  Her clothes were tattered and she looked like death itself.  Flynn was barely coherent.  All she knew was she had gotten through the gate.  She was safe. "Help," she mumbled, starting to push herself up.  Her injured arm and leg wouldn't hold her weight though and she collapsed back onto the ramp in a heap.  Her life saving computer slipped out of her hand as she fell.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2014, 09:39:06 PM »

"Medical team to the gate room STAT!" Satish yelled into the PA. It was Flynn alright, he didn't know her well, but he knew that face. He hit the button hard to close the Iris and was on his feet and out the door, after a polite ma'am, to Lucille.

Outside, he was at the scientist's side in an instant, kneeling, he quickly felt her pulse. She was weak. "Hang in there ma'am help is on the way."
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2014, 04:07:20 PM »

Time was of the essence in situations like this and with that time it would take the Medical team to reach the gate room, could mean life or death for the young scientist. Lucille picked up the microphone. "Petty Officer, don't wait. Grab two marines and a litter from the passageway and take her directly to the infirmary. With luck you'll meet the medical team on the way."

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2014, 04:13:01 PM »

Flynn barely reacted to the new voice.  She was almost too far gone to care about anything at the moment.  She just wanted away from the pain.  She shivered slightly though when he checked her pulse. "So cold," she mumbled through chattering teeth.  she was going into shock and they would lose her if they didn't act quickly.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2014, 11:09:54 PM »

With the General in the control room and Satish being ordered to basically do his duty. The fun part, if ever there was a fun part in circumstances like these, is that he had the opportunity to order some Marines about. "Right ma'am. You two, grab a litter from the passage way." He bent again to Flynn, taking off his jacket and putting it over her. "I'm here Flynn." He reassured her.

"Yes sir." The Marines replied. They sirred just about everyone who was senior to them. In a few minutes, they were back with one of the fold up litters that were stored in racks at various places along the walls. They laid it beside Flynn, the three of them now supporting her.

"This might hurt ma'am." Satish told her. "On 3, 1, 2.." They slid her onto the litter. The two big men lifted her easily.

<<To infirmary>>
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2014, 08:28:56 AM »

Flynn's teeth were chattering badly as she curled up the best she could with a messed up leg.  She was losing her fight with consciousness fast and that wasn't good.  She managed a weak smile as Satish put his coat over her.  "Do it," she mumbled.  She was in so much pain as it was that surely a little more wouldn't make a difference.  She bit her lip though when they lifted her up, a soft groan of pain escaping her lips.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2014, 03:05:28 PM »

Feeling a little more at ease now that Flynn was being taken care of, Lucille began the dialing procedure to Earth. Once the seventh Chevron was locked, she began her radio transmission.

"SGC, this is General Lucille Chalmers from the Alpha Site. At approximately 2217 hours your time, the Saggitta's Science Officer Flynn Hart gated through to our station. I've not yet spoken to her, she has substantial injuries. As we speak, she is being transferred to our medical facility. More information as it comes to hand. Chalmers out."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2014, 10:38:54 PM »

<<From Infirmary>>

For a big girl, Rachel was quite fit. She actually jogged all the way to the control room, she could have just radioed. The thing was she loved being here, she had this fascination with all things old, especially tunnels and the underground. The Alpha Site base was built over and on a much older facility. Some say it was Ancient, built by the Lantean's ages ago. You could only agree with that. There were many similarities to Atlantis. She knocked quietly on the door.

"General Chalmers. Flynn is awake, she's in post op and would like to speak with you please."
Far Dareis Mai

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2014, 03:42:43 PM »

((OOC Mel, I had a very wonderful smile and laugh on my face at your little signature. Well done!  :yes: ))

Satish and the Marines had returned, the young man busily setting up a new system of monitors in the room behind her; Lucille for her part was thinking of taking a horse out and seeing exactly where Jordan and her party were. She would though give them another few hours to return. Standing, then stretching her aching muscles, the base commander thought a good long draft of coffee would do her the world of good, when a pleasant face, with that ever present smile appeared. You couldn't help but like the girl, she'd even been known to make a Borg laugh once or twice. "Of course Lieutenant, I'll go now. How is she doing by the way?" Lucille asked, leading the way. It would take them a whole five minutes or slightly more.

>>To Infirmary>>

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2014, 10:55:28 PM »

"She's awake ma'am, sore and sorry, but coherent. You can see her for perhaps 15 minutes or so, then I need to bathe her and get her ready for her little walkies." Rachel always enjoyed that part. Getting a patient up on their crutches not hours after surgery.

<<back to infirmary>>
Far Dareis Mai
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21