Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22

Author Topic: PG8-K59 Alpha Site Gate Room Lvl 17  (Read 12836 times)

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 74
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
PG8-K59 Alpha Site Gate Room Lvl 17
« on: July 23, 2013, 04:36:53 PM »

Similar in many ways to Earth gate room, the principal difference being the control room is on the same level at the back of a 8 meter wide by 24 meters deep, set on a concrete platform 1 meter high. The control room is essentially built like a bunker with double armored glazing on the view window.

Access to the gate room is via blast doors east and west, large enough to allow a Humvee sized vehicle through and there is one other smaller normal sized secured door in the back of the control room.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 04:09:17 PM by Mim »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 218
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: PG8-K59 Alpha Site Gate Room
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 10:01:30 PM »

((OOC neither do I Mum, so I'll wing it as usual))

The gate room of the Alpha site was similar in all respects to the SGC's except that the control room was on the same level, being a sealed and bomb protected room with a five inch armoured glass window in front. It was situated at the back of the Gate room, facing the Stargate and access was from a rear door that could only be gained via a passage behind the six foot thick reinforced wall separating the Gate room from the main passageways. The gate room itself was accessed via two doors either side in the same way as the SGC. US Navy Petty Officer Satish Pratesh is the regular duty gate technician.

Jordan made her way down to the control room via the elevators, leading Richie as she walked swiftly on her long legs. The Alpha Site was quiet as most staff were either having meals or winding down for the day and only the duty security teams would be seen about. She entered the control room, Satish had obviously ducked out as his coffee was still warm.

"Take a seat Richie, I'll have the SGC up in a few minutes." She sat herself down and began the dialing sequence from an identical computer terminal to that of the SGC. The DHD having been dispensed with due to security. Jordan placed her hand on the bio scanner and started the automatic dialing to the SGC. The Chevrons lit up one by one and in a very short time the puddle 'kawooshed' and she was connected.

"SGC, this is Commander Jordan O'Neil from the Alpha Site. I need to speak with Admiral Davidson please."

Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 04:15:49 PM »

*radio*

"Jordan, whatever you're doing now stop. Get a team down to the beach asap. We have a situation."

Robert Laurel

• Sin Bin
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Robert Laurel is looked down upon.
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 07:54:41 PM »

"This is Saggitta. Relay to SGC Security priority Flash Override. Request someone check the status of Colonel Craig Donovan at the Pentagon immediately. He was in communication with Saggitta when his line went dead and communications could not be restored."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2013, 11:10:31 PM »

While Jordan was waiting, another call came through her earpiece and by the sound of it, it was trouble. "Ah jeezus, belay that SGC I'll get back to you." She pipped her own radio back. "I'm on it General." She was out of the chair in a flash, then turned back to Richie. "You can stay here if you wish, perhaps you should. I have no idea where our gate technician is. But see if you can raise the SGC again and send that message from Linde. Also let them know we have a possible 'Borg' outbreak here."

With that she went out the way they came and headed for the muster room.

Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 79
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2013, 10:05:26 AM »

*radio from SGC*

"Saggitta, this is Devlin.  We've received your message and will get in touch with the Pentagon,"

Robert Laurel

• Sin Bin
  • Major
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2013, 01:28:21 PM »

<<encrypted message from Pentagon to Saggitta>>

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2013, 03:27:30 PM »

By the time Lucille and Steven had arrived, the gate as fortune would have it, was still open and that in itself was somewhat telling. Was it meant to be, or mere coincidence? Lucille didn't care one iota, she didn't believe in that dribble anyway; things just happen, there was no other way to describe it, fate is what you make it, she always believed. She looked back up at the control room, Satish was there and she merely nodded to him, then tapped her radio. "SGC this is General Lucille Chalmers, I am coming through, General Caldwell is with me."

<<To SGC>>

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2013, 07:12:16 PM »

*via radio from SGC Control Room*

"The iris is down ma'am, you are clear to proceed."
Far Dareis Mai

Robert Laurel

• Sin Bin
  • Major
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2013, 07:41:41 PM »

<<from Command Center>>

Steven watched as Lucille entered the gate. Hearing movement behind him, he saw Sieglinde, slightly breathless. The two of them walked forward through the gate.

<<to SGC>>

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2013, 07:13:31 PM »

*from SGCControl Room

{CMS Walter Harriman} NPC

"Alpha site search team, please hold. General Caldwell and Lieutenant Commander Wettin are on their way."

The gate opened as expected. Satish relayed the message immediately, allowing Jordan to reply via the uplink.
Far Dareis Mai

Robert Laurel

• Sin Bin
  • Major
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2013, 04:58:35 PM »

<<from SGC Gate Room>>

Steven and Linde emerged from the gate. "We'll be there shortly, Jordan," he said through his wrist com. "Please make sure that everyone has a sidearm, rifle, a light backpack with extra ammo and a few provisions, and make sure they have several pair of socks. Wet feet can put a person out of action pretty quick. Plus one of the light one-person tents and sleeping bags, since we'll be spending a all our time in the open. Some of them may not have much experience camping out." He turned to the Gate Room tech. "Call upstairs and have a Humvee ready for us when we get up there."

<<to Alpha Site Landing Area>>

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2013, 05:29:54 PM »

Cheryl came bounding through the gate, almost as if she were running, but not quite. She pulled up sharply the moment she reached the end of the ramp. "Satish, I'll be out on the field if anyone needs me." She told him, then immediately left via the side exit, then one of the long tunnels that would bring her up, just near the landing site.

{Petty Officer Satish Pratesh USN} NPC

"Aye ma'am."
Was about all he could manage to say before she ducked out again.

<<Lucille to Landing area>>
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 01:04:51 AM by RogueRanger »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2014, 01:16:18 AM »

*radio*

"Base this is O'Neil. Call up the Saggitta asap. Tell them NOT to fire...Josile has her people in that valley."

{Petty Officer Satish Pratesh USN}
NPC

Pratesh had been watching the events in real time, but he had no way of knowing who was who on the tactical display. Only their own people with the subcutaneous transmitter showed up as blue dots. But as soon as he heard Jordan's call, he could see clearly what was going to happen. Without even replying, he called the Saggitta immediately. "Saggitta this is Alpha Site control. Cease fire on that position immediately. I repeat cease fire. Josile has her people in that valley."
Far Dareis Mai

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2014, 10:17:21 PM »

<Control Room>

Normally Maria would do a walk such as this in five to ten minutes, this time it took her almost twenty five, having to stop every now and then to speak to personnel of the base who wished her well. That was one thing that she loved about being a part of the Stargate programme, since Jack O'Niell's tenure as CO of the SGC, a culture of family had become the norm.

"Petty Officer, could you dial Earth for me please, I've been cleared and released for return." Maria said to Satish as she caught his eye on entering the control room.

{Petty Officer Satish Pratesh USN} NPC

"Yes ma'am. I received the message about twenty minutes ago." He began the dialing procedure and once the final chevron was in place, he radioed through. "SGC, this is Alpha Site Control, requesting permission for Lieutenant Colonel Arguayo to return." He turned and looked at her. "Colonel, you okay to punch in your IDC?"

"Of course I am." She wasn't, but Maria wouldn't let him know. Awkwardly, with one hand she tapped in her ID on the keyboard.

The two of them waited, and waited. But it didn't take to long.

*Radio from SGC Control Room*

{CMS Walter Harriman} NPC

"You're clear Colonel, you may proceed."

That was all Maria needed, and since she had no bags, she thanked Pratish kindly and left. Moments later she walked through the Star Gate.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 10:29:06 PM by RogueRanger »
Far Dareis Mai
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22