Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Food, food, glorious FOOD!!  (Read 4984 times)

Khnum

• Major
  • Reputation Power: 83
  • Khnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has Ascended
Re: Food, food, glorious FOOD!!
« Reply #90 on: February 26, 2017, 03:06:38 AM »

Wow I discover only now this Topic :yes:

Sci

• Chief Master Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • Sci Thumb turning green.Sci Thumb turning green.
« Reply #91 on: March 01, 2017, 05:25:47 PM »

I'm up to more than 12 qts of grape juice (with plenty more grapes in the freezer to process!) and just made my first 4 pints of grape jelly! I have not tried the jelly yet - I don't eat that much of it to begin with - but it seems a little watery still. It gelled but not as much as I think it should have.  :fp  But I don't think I did too bad for my first time canning jelly! 

Khnum

• Major
  • Khnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has AscendedKhnum Has Ascended
« Reply #92 on: March 05, 2017, 05:35:07 PM »

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

How about a tiramisu variant of pistachio?

VagabonD SerpenT

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!
  • Forum Bouncer, so behave.
« Reply #93 on: March 06, 2017, 11:02:52 AM »

My grandmother used to cook fettucino... :fp
Terra Locuta. Causa Finita.

Bickering with an admin is like fighting a dragon. You gave him a good kick, poked his eye with your sword and already are aiming to cut his throat open, when the dragon gets tired and finally breathes out.

Khnum

• Major
« Reply #94 on: March 08, 2017, 03:46:40 AM »

heresy .... at the stake! :yes:

My other specialties: Gnocchi with chestnuts to Valtellina

Khnum

• Major
« Reply #95 on: April 07, 2017, 04:34:58 PM »

Tuna Empanada (Spanish)

VagabonD SerpenT

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!
  • Forum Bouncer, so behave.
« Reply #96 on: April 23, 2017, 07:46:35 AM »

Yo, anyone knows how to cook say, beef, with coconut? Cause eating one raw is outta options.
Terra Locuta. Causa Finita.

Bickering with an admin is like fighting a dragon. You gave him a good kick, poked his eye with your sword and already are aiming to cut his throat open, when the dragon gets tired and finally breathes out.

Khnum

• Major
« Reply #97 on: June 12, 2017, 03:40:04 PM »

A whole Italian delicacies and all calories, namely: Mascarpone in Gorgorzola

Khnum

• Major
« Reply #98 on: November 22, 2017, 03:20:40 PM »

Piedmont specialties, Melissa paste

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • First Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #99 on: November 22, 2017, 07:17:57 PM »

While making chili for the potluck at work tomorrow (yeah, I know chili isn't Thanksgiving food. As Cam Mitchell said, "That right there, that's quitter talk", because anything can be Thanksgiving food if you try hard enough), I was cooking up the meat, first just mixing shredded cheese and diced green peppers into the mass of ground beef that I just chopped up while cooking, but then I hit on an idea that will warrant further idea by making patties stuffed with cheese and peppers.

As far as the chili itself, I don't have much special to it. I use Carroll Shelby's Chili Mix Kit (yes, the same Carroll Shelby of automotive fame), throw in diced peppers, diced tomatoes, pinto beans, and then a mix of ground beef and spicy ground sausage. I try not to go super spicy because I feel that there's a certain point where you can overpower everything else setting your mouth on fire. There should be some bite to it, but you should still be able to taste everything else.

Khnum

• Major
« Reply #100 on: November 23, 2017, 05:14:15 AM »

In Italy it is difficult to eat chili ... :yes:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

lethal-pageant