Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: PG8-K59 Alpha Site- Landing area  (Read 9339 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 233
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: PG8-K59 Alpha Site- Landing area
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2013, 10:43:55 PM »

Maria looked around, there were plenty of armed personnel nearby, she didn't think it would be out of the ordinary for the three of them to do a little scouting. They could keep withing site of the ship at least; the top of the ship would be visible for miles and there were lookouts stationed on the bridge. Surely that was enough; maybe some weapons for the three of them, as they each only had their side arms. "Flynn, lets head back to the ship, grab some decent protection and back packs and we'll do a little poking around. I'll radio Caldwell when we're there. I think this warrants some investigation don't you?"
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 08:37:47 PM by RogueRanger »
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 83
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2013, 12:43:13 PM »

Flynn continued to watch the birds.  Something was definitely going on over there.  She just hoped it wasn't anything bad.  She nodded at Maria's suggestion. "I'm in.  Something is definitely going on there."  She turned to follow Maria back.  She wasn't too worried.  Yes, she hadn't ever been in the military, but she knew how to handle a gun.

Robert Laurel

• Sin Bin
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Robert Laurel is looked down upon.
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2013, 02:09:59 PM »

Linde was on the bridge, supervising the unloading and keeping watch. She noticed the unusual bird activity over towards the seacoast and directed some drones over in that direction. She touched her throat mike. "Wettin to Aguayo and Caldwell. Noticing some unusual activity in the direction of the coast. I'm sending some drones in that direction."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2013, 09:18:25 PM »

The radio seemed awfully loud, perhaps it was the proximity to the ship. Maria adjusted the volume and she and Flynn headed back that way. "Linde, its Maria, I'm on my way back. Flynn and I are going to do a recon. Having the drones up is a good idea, make sure the infra-red cameras are working....come on Flynn, we best hurry, that sun looks like it is setting fast. I'd say about another ninety minutes or so of usable daylight."

She raced ahead, not entirely sure she was doing the right thing, but that was of little consequence now. Protection of the ship was paramount and if there was some danger out there, it was her duty to be on top of it. They reached the bridge in good time, the elevators were fast, much like the ones on Atlantis, they were more transporters than simple elevators. When the two of them arrived, Maria's face went red. "Craig!" She exclaimed. Dodging past Linde, she went straight back to her monitor; there only static. She tried to raise him again and again with the same result and in the end she sat there, tears running down her face.
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2013, 09:52:01 PM »

Flynn nodded and followed Maria back to the ship.  "Certainly don't want to get caught in the dark," she agreed.  Not knowing the territory well wouldn't bode well for them being out there in the dark.  Not to mention they really didn't know what they were getting into.

Flynn followed Maria onto the ship.  She went to grab her own kit and backpack, not having realized that Maria had left someone on the radio.  She turned when she heard Maria calling for Craig.  "Maria?" she asked, touching the other woman's shoulder.  "We should go if we're going to check it out.  But I can go alone if you have more pressing matters."

Robert Laurel

• Sin Bin
  • Major
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2013, 11:59:52 PM »

"Drones launched," Linde said. "Should be over the area in about two minutes." She looked over at Maria, standing there looking forlornly at the monitor, tears running down her face. She went over and put her arm around the other woman's shoulders. "Liebchen, be grateful that you have a man who loves you for what you are. With most men I'm just a walking bag of euros, a way to a life of laziness sitting on their rears and drinking wine and eating caviar at my expense," she said somewhat bitterly. "There are times when being rich and titled is a curse, because you never know if someone likes you for yourself or just for your money." She keyed her Mike. "Wettin to Morrison. How are those mortars coming?" The reply came quickly. "Just about all set up. Ready to fire some ranging shots. What's up?" "Sending the drones to check out something unusual in the area," she answered. "Wettin to Caldwell. Sending drones to check something in the area. ETA on the drones is about two minutes."
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 12:15:44 AM by Robert Laurel »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2013, 02:59:07 AM »

Wiping her face with her sleeve, Maria was grateful for the comfort of her friends, that was something they all did on this crew, support one another, especially the women. They were a close bunch, each and every one of them and rank held no boundaries there. "Linde my dear friend, if any man treated you like that, I would personally shoot them." Maria stood under the taller woman's arm and gently extracted herself.

"I'm fine, just worried. As soon as we can, we need to send a message to the SGC that Craig may be in trouble. I know him and he wouldn't worry me if he could help it. Something is going down in the Pentagon and I can feel it." She moved closer to Flynn. "We have a small window. If something is out there I want to know about it. Linde, call Steven and tell him that Flynn and I are headed down to the beach. If we need those mortars I can line of sight for you. Lets those weapons Flynn....full tactical"

« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 09:25:51 PM by RogueRanger »
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2013, 09:38:38 AM »

Flynn smiled at her friend.  Hopefully later Maria would get a chance to contact her friend again.  Also, Flynn would have fun asking Maria all about Craig.  She was pretty sure that Craig was more then just a friend, but now wasn't the time to ask. "Got it," she said, finishing gearing up.  "Let's head out then."  She just had no idea what was waiting for them.

Robert Laurel

• Sin Bin
  • Major
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2013, 04:47:14 PM »

Linde nodded.  After they had gotten on the elevator, she keyed her mike. "Wettin to Morrison. Mortars ready?" "Aye, aye, ma'am. Just getting the radar calibrated now." "Send a team to meet the XO and Dr Flynn at the hatch and have them stick to them like glue." "Aye, aye, ma'am." "Wettin to Caldwell and Chambers. The XO and Dr Flynn, accompanied by Marines, are going to investigate a disturbance between here and the coast. Mortars are emplaced and ready for a fire mission if needed. Recon drones on the way, should arrive any second now." That done, turned to the comms officer. "Genevieve, send this message to SGC Security, flash override. This is Saggitta. Relay to SGC Security, priority Flash Override. Request someone check the status of Colonel Craig Donovan at the Pentagon immediately. He was in communication with Saggitta when his line went dead and communications could not be restored." Hopefully the answer would be something mundane like the phone malfunctioning.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 07:55:49 PM by Robert Laurel »

LarrinSheppiik

• Airman
  • LarrinSheppiik A new starter.
  • Hiiiiyaaaaaaa Everyone :)
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2013, 10:11:47 AM »

Bella sat in a small ship that soared into the air.
,,Yes, Major, accepted all still is good, it is charming, do not you think?.'' Said Bella Mese with a smile from her question and she ask a new question back. That was all Bella could see, for her, it was charming, loved his job so much. Bella hoped that this will fly several times and more.

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2013, 10:50:09 AM »

"So far so good," Mesa agreed with Bella.  "It is quite pretty actually."  she had never actually been to the Alpha Site, but from what she had seen so far it was very pretty. "Caldwell, all looks clear.  Shall we come back in?" she asked into her com.

Robert Laurel

• Sin Bin
  • Major
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2013, 08:10:31 PM »

"CAG, come back to the barn and have your birds re-arm for air-to-ground. Have Britannia take over the CSP. We have some natives that are getting extremely restless," Caldwell said.

Robert Laurel

• Sin Bin
  • Major
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2013, 08:13:45 PM »

Sieglinde was studying viewscreens showing the drones' readouts and was not liking at all what she was seeing. "Scheiss. Wettin to Aguayo and Caldwell. We cannot get a solid reading from the drones. The foliage is too heavy and too damp. It's masking everything, including the IR."
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 11:33:46 AM by Robert Laurel »

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2013, 10:50:16 PM »

"Copy that sir," Mesa answered.  She turned her sleek little craft back toward the Saggitta.  Something wasn't sounding right.  Especially if there was a disturbance.  She easily landed the ship back inside the Saggitta and jumped out, running to get everyone prepared for air to ground combat.  Oh, this was bad.  Very bad.  She kept her head though as she didn't want everyone worrying and making mistakes. "With me, Bella.  We gotta get the others ready."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2013, 11:13:03 PM »

*radio*

"Copy that, we'll keep a sharp eye on things. It is quite thick in the forest"
Far Dareis Mai
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7