Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: PG8-K59 Alpha Site- Landing area  (Read 5293 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: PG8-K59 Alpha Site- Landing area
« Reply #90 on: May 19, 2014, 02:14:37 AM »

<Stables>

"Kind of old guy I wished I could have had for a granddad Flynn, both of mine were much like everyone else in out town. Boozed out or making it. Not the most enviable environment to grow up. I'm only glad that I was sent here, best thing that ever happened to me." Rachel said quietly. In truth, she had to admit in the short time she had gotten to know the locals, she had really fallen in love with them and the life they led here. Hopefully, the Air Force would forget she was here and the rest of her days could remain as they were. Possibly a false hope as far as the Air Force goes.

"Both him and Mrs Dann are really remarkable and lovable folks...its funny isn't it. I know his first name but not hers. Older women around here command a lot of respect, so its always Mrs or their official title unless they tell you otherwise." She had to chuckle at that, as even back home it was first name basis with everyone; which Rachel thought was a little too informal.

"Come on then, days a wasting. Lets get you up okay?" She stood by the side of the sullky, just to make sure Flynn didn't fall backwards getting into the frail looking contraption.
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!
« Reply #91 on: May 19, 2014, 03:52:56 PM »

<stables>

Flynn nodded.  "He did seem very kind."  She looked over at Rachel, not having known the other girl had had it so rough as a youngster.  Flynn hadn't had it that way. "I never knew my one grandpa, but my other was always around and lots of fun." She couldn't imagine it any other way.  She knew that not everyone was like that but it was still hard to think about.

Flynn giggled a bit. "I shall remember that.  I don't want to accidentally offend anyone." Of course her parents had always insisted that she call others by sir or ma'am, so it shouldn't be too hard to remember.

She looked at the sulky, wondering just how she was going to do this.  She had done stairs, but this was going to a bit different.  It took her a couple of tries to finally get on and by then she was hurting a bit as she used muscles that were still very sore.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #92 on: May 19, 2014, 11:00:35 PM »

<Stables>

"Steady there Flynn." Rachel said rather gently, helping her new friend up into the vehicle. "It's a little wobbly until we get going, great springs so at least it'll be a nice ride for you. You can relax now...at least for a while." Once that was done, Rachel skipped around to the opposite side and climbed in quickly. "You wouldn't believe the guffaws I made when I first met them. I think my face was permanently red for about a month." She laughed, clicked her tongue and flicked the reins. Besdada moved off smoothly, no jolt, no hijinks, just a smooth movement of muscled limbs. "Flamer and his wife are two of the best people I know here, apart from their grandson that is." She wasn't about to let on just yet, but the grandson was her fiance'. You could probably bet Flynn saw it in Rachel's eyes when she mentioned it though.

"Where to first? The market stalls or the shops? Oh and by the way.." She reached into her jacket pocket as the horse settled into a decent canter and handed Flynn an Amex card. "This is yours now." It had all Flynn's details on it. "Pin number is on the slip of paper clipped to it."

<Town>
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!
« Reply #93 on: May 20, 2014, 09:25:41 AM »

<Stables>

Flynn was grateful for Rachel's helping hand.  She certainly wasn't as steady as normal without being able to use both legs.  It felt good to sit down though and she carefully stretched her leg out a bit.  Not that the sulky was huge, but at least she had a little room and she wasn't tall after all.  She laughed a bit.  "that must have been interesting.  Flamer seems very nice."  She hadn't met his wife yet.  Flynn glanced over at Rachel, catching the look in her eye. "Grandson, huh?  and what aren't you saying, Rachel?"

Flynn settled back into the sulky.  "Hmm, how about the stalls?" she said, but looked over as Rachel handed her something. "Oh cool," she grinned.  Now she truly could shop.  This would be fun.  And she was curious what types of wares they had here.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #94 on: May 21, 2014, 01:29:50 AM »

<<To Town>>
Far Dareis Mai

Troy

• Chief Master Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 19
  • Troy is working their way up.Troy is working their way up.Troy is working their way up.
« Reply #95 on: July 29, 2015, 01:50:51 PM »

"Yes, Captain. Give me a moment while I relay the question to the Alpha Site base commander. Go ahead and land on the designated coordinates set for your ship."

Aleksei detected an Australian accent, but other than that didn't know anything about the person on the other end of the radio transmission.
"Thank you sir, we'll see you soon. Hermes out."

As the pilot maneuvered the freighter over the specified coordinates, Aleksei opened a ship wide comm channel.
"Attention all hands, this is the Captain speaking. We have arrived at the Alpha site, and have been given landing clearance. Please make appropriate preparations. Captain out." 

As the ship came in for a landing, Aleksei couldn't help but notice the various gun emplacements in the area. What they were protecting against he wasn't sure, but was glad for their presence as long as they weren't pointed at his ship. During re-entry the radio signals were obscured, but once they entered the lower atmosphere on final approach a second message came in to meet the base Commander in the Gate Room.

"Captain Babienko, would you care to join myself and the General Guderian in meeting General Chalmers? Major Avdeyev can handle the ship in the interim." 

Upon receiving a response from his XO, Aleksei contacted Guderian.
"General, we have orders to meet the Alpha Site's CO in the Gate room. If you'll meet me at Airlock One we can head out."

Robert Laurel

• Honored Member
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • Robert Laurel is a rising star!Robert Laurel is a rising star!Robert Laurel is a rising star!Robert Laurel is a rising star!Robert Laurel is a rising star!Robert Laurel is a rising star!
« Reply #96 on: July 29, 2015, 02:26:00 PM »

"Thank you, Captain, I shall be right there," Margit said. She turned to her XO. "Eric, get the troops ready to disembark. We have a lot to do in a very short time." She and her staff had drawn up a list of things to do when they got to their destination. Putting up temporary quarters was the first on the list. She left to join the ship's captain in Airlock One.
Robert Laurel

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeredithMcKay Thumb turning green.MeredithMcKay Thumb turning green.
« Reply #97 on: July 29, 2015, 05:49:03 PM »

"Of course sir."

The XO, responded with a court nodded before stepping away from her place and allowing the Major to take over. She followed in step behind her superior, she felt those inner nerves twang, New to her role she didn't want to disgrace it or the weight of the responsibility that came with it. Not that any of her inner feelings were visible on her face.

" Just because I was born for a purpose does not mean I have to resign myself to that fate."

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #98 on: July 29, 2015, 06:21:09 PM »

*Radio*

"Captain Rafikov, General Chalmers will meet you at the you at the control room."

« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 06:39:20 PM by Greenhorn »
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

lethal-pageant