Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13

Author Topic: PG8-K59 Alpha Site- Commissary- sub level 12  (Read 4882 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
PG8-K59 Alpha Site- Commissary- sub level 12
« on: May 01, 2014, 09:13:06 PM »

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

<< From Flynn's room 23>>

They walked side by side, Rachel staying as close as she could without making it obvious she was there to help. Right now the last thing Flynn needed was for her to feel useless; she needed to gain that feeling of independence as soon as she possibly could. As they moved towards a new destination, namely the temple of food, otherwise known as the mess hall, the first obstacle was the elevator, the doors jammed twice before Rachel had the good sense to call maintenance and have them fix it remotely. At that issue, Rachel said candidly. "I swear the Ancients who built this place don't want us here sometimes." It was humorously true, so often their Earth sourced technology failed for no reason at all.

Finally they made it to the cafe, alone this time as it was early morning for most and those who were starting at the standard time of 0800 were probably either still in bed or just getting up. Adelia had been here and had Flynn's breakfast ready for her, on covered trays either the cold things in the cold counter and the hot things, well of course they were on the warmer. "In the day or so we've come to know each other Flynn, I think I have found a sister I 'should' have had. We're much the same aren't we? And believe me, if we were back home, I would drive you wonko with my shopping trips." She told her as they approached an empty table. Rachel pulled out a chair for Flynn and waited for her, it would still be a small chore for her to sit comfortably. "I'll get an extra chair for you to put your leg up."
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 12:58:06 PM by ShelBel »
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!
Re: PG8-K59 Alpha Site- Commisary- sub level 12
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 09:41:20 AM »

<From Flynn's room 23>

Flynn was still slow going on her crutches, but she was slowly getting the hang of them.  Although it wasn't easy with the rest of her body still hurting.  this certainly wasn't going to be a fast or easy recovery.  She refused to give in though.  She was a fighter.  Always had been.  Which was part of the reason she had been tortured so badly.  She shuttered at the thought as they stepped on the elevator.  "You do wonder what they must think of us being here," she smiled.

As they stepped into the mess hall Flynn's stomach rumbled.  She flushed slightly, but had to smile.  It was the first time she had been truly hungry and figured that was a good sign. "We do seem to have a lot in common," Flynn agreed.  She had to admit, she wasn't looking forward to leaving Rachel.  They would have to stay in touch.  She giggled softly. "Oh, I don't know.  I have my quirks with liking to be in the barn with the horses all the time," she assured her new friend.  Flynn carefully sat down, although it was still hard and not comfortable.  'Thank you."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 11:32:00 PM »

"I make it a point to try and not think about what the Ancients think about us Flynn. From what I've heard of them, I can't see them as being all that benevolent towards us...all that nonsense about not interfering and such is just that, nonsense." Rachel had been at the SGC during the time of the Ori wars and some of the tales that came back via SG1, mainly Daniel Jackson and Vala Mal Doran, put a great big hole in the theory. They did help, when it suited them and to her, that was not the mark of an ally.

She lifted Flynn's leg up onto the extra chair, then retrieved the breakfast trays, Flynn's oatmeal, corn muffin and juice. For herself, Rachel had Raisin Bran, Fruited Light yogurt and an English muffin. She brought over little pots of honey, and a steaming cup of coffee. That was it, she did eat light which as Flynn may have seen before, was rather surprising. Removing the lids of the trays, the smell was delicious. "We'll eat and talk, I'd like to get you outside as soon as we can, and stop thanking me, or go back to being 'Missseriousnurseallthetime' " She had a wide grin that would make you burst our laughing just looking at her.

"So, horses are your thing?" She asked, starting on her food without ado. "We had a few back home, mostly cross bred draft horses, you know those you'd see back in the day behind a plow. Seems like the only kind I ever knew as people around our way never went in big for them, and I took pity on them when I'd see them left to fend for themselves in fields." What she was trying to say, they were better off with her, than headed for the abattoirs.
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!sorra is leading the good life!
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 04:00:49 PM »

Flynn cocked her head to the side a bit. "Mmm, I can understand that.  No sense in worrying about what we can't change," she grinned.  And from what she had seen it looked like the Alpha Site ran quite well.  Not that she had seen a lot.

Flynn leaned back in her chair as Rachel helped get her food situated.    the food smelled wonderful as Rachel returned.  Flynn's stomach growled and she grinned sheepishly.  Everything looked awesome and Flynn didn't figure she would have any reason to complain. "Yes, ma'am," she grinned. "No more saying thank you."

The young woman nodded. "Yes, they are.  I have always loved them.  My parents had Quarter Horses, but I know the kind you're talking about.  they were always such big babies." She gave her new friend a smile.  "That was very kind of you.  I'm sure the horses were grateful."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2014, 11:45:54 PM »

"Babies!" Rachel said around a mouthful of muffin and honey, which had drizzled down her wrist. She tisked, then simply wiped it off before it went any further, one of the hazards of honey and heat. "My god, they are the biggest babies I've ever known, they almost sulk I'm inclined to believe. Leave them for just half a day and when you come back, they'll run to the rails like someone you've not seen in years...I know they were." The muffin was gone, Rachel spooned a finely measured half teaspoon of sugar in her coffee, and the smallest drop of milk just for colour.

"You ever go to the shows? I have a cousin up in Kentucky, you might have heard of him, or at least his stables; Wilbur's Quarter Horse Stud and Stables. I think last time I spoke to him, he had 4 champions on hand." The last of the coffee went down, Rachel sat back feeling quite satisfied.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 11:16:19 PM by RogueRanger »
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2014, 09:19:47 AM »

Flynn laughed. "Oh, I know what you mean.  My Quarter horse was the same way.  I'm sure they sulked!" she grinned, remembering her horse.  "She would get in trouble then I swear go and pout."  Flynn shook her head.  They certainly had personalities of their own, but that was one of the things that she loved.  She sipped on her own drink, enjoying the company and food.

"I've been to a few," she answered.  She didn't always have time, but she did like to go to the shows when possible.  Flynn thought for a minute. "You know, I have heard that name before.  I haven't met him personally, but his horses are gorgeous."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2014, 11:26:17 PM »

"Like 5 year olds on steroids Flynn, that's how I see them." The last was true of both horses and dogs in Rachel's view. Not that she had dealt too much with the former, the latter yes a lot. Her brothers were pig hunters and all too often she had to tend to the wounds of the poor dogs after an altercation with a large boar. "If ever we meet up back home, I'll see if we can hook you up with him, he's a big man, but has a heart of gold.....so, you ready to see the world now?" She asked.
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2014, 08:25:33 AM »

Flynn laughed. "I hadn't thought of it that way, but it certainly fits," she grinned.  They were like big kids.  she loved them though and missed her horse. "That would be awesome.  I'd like to meet him."  she was sure that anyone that was friends with or related to Rachel would be great to meet.  "I am," she said as she had just finished her breakfast.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2014, 01:38:18 AM »

Sometimes, just sometimes in your life, you met someone who you hit it off with so well, it felt as if you had known each other for a lifetime. Rachel felt that with Flynn and even though it was against all the rules and regulations, she was fast becoming a firm friend and you could almost say, this patient to nurse session was one of some serious 'sista' bonding.

Pushing herself away from the table, Rachel looked down to be surprised by the fact that during the course of the breakfast, both of them had eaten every single morsel that was set before them. That was a happy moment, for Flynn's temporary guardian. "You did well, ate like a horse really." She guffawed. A rather ridiculous sound coming from her. Grabbing the crutches, she stood at Flynn's side ready for her. "You my girl are going to be both very surprised by what you see, and happy as well. Everything that happened to you before today, will be a distant memory." At least that was the hope where the Borg were concerned.

<<To Surface>>

((OOC we'll use the old Landing area thread. You can post there first if you like :) ))
Far Dareis Mai

Atlantis GM

• Moderator with board mod
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Atlantis GM has great potential!Atlantis GM has great potential!Atlantis GM has great potential!Atlantis GM has great potential!Atlantis GM has great potential!Atlantis GM has great potential!Atlantis GM has great potential!Atlantis GM has great potential!Atlantis GM has great potential!
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2015, 09:46:51 AM »

< From Conference Room >

"I'm pretty sure you'll find that it was our dear Colonel himself that got you on that list. From what I understand, they're looking for pilots for flight teams on Atlantis. And Sheppard has a lot of pull when it comes to Atlantis. He's earned it, too. So much so that Doctor Weir insisted that he get a promotion just to keep his position as military CO."

There was just so much to tell her and she has to top herself from rambling on. Reaching the commissary, she dodges a few people leaving it and steps inside, hoping there was something palatable to eat. She is actually rather hungry after their battle earlier.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
Re: PG8-K59 Alpha Site- Commissary- sub level 12
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2015, 01:15:25 PM »

With a sigh, Turk shakes her head in disbelief as they enter the commissary. "Seems strange for Shep to have that much pull. Says a lot about Weir, actually, that she not only saw past all his BS but was able to push past all the military's BS in turn to promote him." Her mouth twitched up into a rueful smile. "And that he put enough of his trust in her that he'd not only accept the promotion but embrace it." Shep's loyalty to those he trusted was almost legendary, and she'd been fortunate enough to not only witness it but be on the receiving end of it, and given recent events, apparently more than once. "Crap. You know what this means, don't you? He's going to pester me for years about how I owe him for this, just for the hell of it. Peachy." She makes a noise of mock frustration. "Probably going to have to pull his butt from a fire more than once to get him to shut up about it..."
Far Dareis Mai

Atlantis GM

• Captain
  • Atlantis GM has great potential!Atlantis GM has great potential!Atlantis GM has great potential!Atlantis GM has great potential!Atlantis GM has great potential!Atlantis GM has great potential!Atlantis GM has great potential!Atlantis GM has great potential!Atlantis GM has great potential!
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2015, 02:46:43 PM »

A snort escapes from Ryse. "You're telling me." She comments and heads straight for the coffee. Grabbing two cups, she begins to pour. "Well, knowing how things tend to go on Atlantis, you'll more than likely have plenty of opportunities." She assures her, handing a steaming mug to her friend and colleague. She wraps her hands around her own cup and inhales the intoxicating smell.

"I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at how much he's changed. Well, not changed, so much as grown. He's not the smartass, cocky Sheppard we knew. I mean, he's still there, but ... The burden of command has definitely changed him." She muses as looks over the room, wondering where to sit. Somewhere in sight of the door so John can see them when he gets here. But not too close to any one else. Spotting the perfect little four-seater table across the way, she begins to head towards it.

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.DanielRyder is a force to reckon with.
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2015, 06:53:40 PM »

From the Conference Room

Jon entered the base restaurant and took his moment looking around. It wasnt pretty busy in here, but there were people. Eating. And chatting. He could smell the food as he got a little whiff of it. His stomach grumbled in protest. He was actually getting a little hungry again. Even that little battle across space and in the simulators made him want to eat again. He walked over to the little counter with the drinks but all he saw were the coffee stuff. There wasn't anything for hot chocolate. Sure, he drinks coffee but lately most of the coffee tasted like crap. Then again, most of the drinks were back at Earth. He grew up on European coffee but the American kind tasted worse so he switched to hot chocolate.

Since he was no longer at Earth, he decided to just try the coffee here anyways. He heard they grow tava. It seemed like a new kind of coffee. Probably better. Taking a cup, he poured himself some and took a sip after blowing the steam off. Jon moaned a little as he closed his eyes. It was good. Quickly, he shook himself off and took some sugar packets. He ripped a few and started pouring some into his coffee. He needed the energy and to be awake.
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Atlantis GM

• Captain
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2015, 03:35:16 PM »

< From Hallways >

"Mmmm that smells heavenly," Kasies says as they approach the door. "Thanks for the escort." She tells O'Neil before making a B-line to the food.

Andee watches her go, wishing that she, too, could rush off after her. "Indeed. No worries on my going into town, Ma'am. I'll be aboard the Dreadnought getting her patched up." She says with a smile and nod to the woman before following Kasie to the line.

sleepydemon

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • sleepydemon is looked down upon.
  • I thought it was a good idea at the time
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2015, 08:57:42 PM »

<From the Hallway of the briefing room.>

Teya lead the way to the mess hall quite well.  She looked around and it seemed bigger then the dinning hall in the dreadnaught.

"What type of gruel is good here?"

She said this making fun of the usual military regulation food Americans thought was acceptable to eat.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 11:24:18 AM by sleepydemon »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13