Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: PG8-K59 Alpha Site- Commissary- sub level 12  (Read 7662 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 208
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: PG8-K59 Alpha Site- Commissary- sub level 12
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2015, 10:33:00 PM »

Chef currently on duty is Master Sergeant Ruth Bailey USAF free NPC

Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2015, 02:23:04 PM »

When Ryse hands her the mug, Turk inhales the aroma deeply and smiles. "Ohgodthankyousomuch," she sighs, sipping cautiously at the steaming liquid. She trails behind the major as they head toward an available table with good sightlines toward the door.

She sinks into one of the chairs. It's not uncomfortable per se, but it's a cafeteria chair and about as welcoming as one would expect.

"I guess we all have to grow up a little some times," she sighs, setting the mug on the table. "And I can see how it would be hard to be unaffected by some of the things I've read about in the mission reports. But plainly, Sheppard is still Sheppard." She grins at the little playact they'd subjected her to in the conference room. "I'm looking forward to the new-and-improved Lieutenant Colonel Sheppard, though."
Far Dareis Mai

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Staff-Team A new starter.
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2015, 02:20:05 PM »

{ Master Sergeant Ruth Bailey }

Ryse just chuckles at Turk's response to the coffee. It brings back memories of all the time they'd spent together. Unless they were in drills or something, they were always accompanied by either coffee or alcohol. Sometimes both. Definitely fond memories. Her lips snarls a bit when Turk admits they all need to grow up sometime. She's right, though. And they both know it. But so long as they can still be who they are, she doesn't mind. It's that 'growing up' thing that all her superiors had told her about before she was relegated to the south pole with Aly.

"The day he changes and conforms is the day I resign my commission." Ryse vows. A man can grow and mature all he wants, but when he truly changes who he is, something is wrong. "I've heard some interesting stories about him from the guys that come back from tours on Atlantis. Most of them want to go back just to work with him. Of course, there are still the idiots that don't agree with his leadership. But they can jump into the vortex of a wormhole for all I care. They're the reason he had it so hard on Earth." She takes a cautious sip of her coffee and relishes the flavour and smell of it. "I honestly think that him sitting in that ancient chair in Antarctica was the best thing that ever happened to him. Fate working her skills, that's for sure." She states, knowing that neither of them would be sitting here now if it weren't for him.

Kasie gives the food a glance, rather surprised at the seeming quality of it. They certainly didn't eat like this on Atlantis. But, she supposes that hauling food from one galaxy to another isn't exactly easy. Besides, some of the food the teams bring back from their trades is actually better than what Earth has to offer. Still, it is good to have some more familiar foods.

"Hey, Sergeant Bailey!" She says, offering a blinding smile to the chef on duty. She had read the woman's tag discretely. "What do you recommend today?"

Andee gives the superior officer a nod, despite them not being in the same force. It was still respectful. Though she's half tempted to tell her not to bother with her card as she'll be aboard the Dreadnought supervising and effecting repairs for the next week. But one was never certain. Following Kasie at a slightly more sedate pace, she glances over the food, offering the woman who emerges from the kitchens a smile before choosing a simple turkey sandwich and cream of mushroom soup. Turning around, she finds a quiet table in the far corner and plops herself down, setting her tablet on the table and begins to go through her readings again as she eats quietly.

The Master Sergeant looks up at her in some surprise at the bubbly greeting and responds with a less blinding smile of her own. She looks at the woman's outfit, trying to find a tag with a rank or title, but finds none and decides to play it safe, giving her a nod. "Ma'am. Everything is fresh, but I have standing orders to prepare anything you and the crew wish." She sees Andee approaching and gives her a nod as well, immediately knowing who she is since she wears a Dreadnought jumpsuit with her name and rank. After she chooses her simple meal, she turns her attention back to the other woman.

"Oh, please, call me Kasie. Or Markham. Whichever is fine with me. And don't go to any trouble for me. I'm not picky." She informs the Master Sergeant.

"Well then, Markham, I'd suggest the the mac 'n' cheese casserole. It's my favourite, and my own recipe. The corn relish or chili sauce go great with them, as well." She tells the woman, indicating which tray is which. Kasie offers her a smile and nods.

"Mac 'n' sheese it is, then. My favourite, too." She confides with a grin and scoops herself some onto a plate, grabs a cup of coffee, adds a couple cream and nods to the chef again before turning around to find a table. Seeing a lone lieutenant sitting at one table looking rather lost, she decides to make her way towards him. She comes to a pause on the opposite side of the table.

"Hey, Lieutenant. You look like you could use some company. Mind if I join you?"

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2015, 02:35:52 PM »

Mjr Fred Rivers

Fred entered the Commissary. Gary had gone off to have a fag somewhere discreet. Fred smiled as he saw Andee. She was the one person Fred actually knew pre SGC with the exception of Gary. He headed over to her and took a seat. "Whats up?" He asked her

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2015, 04:50:28 PM »

Andee hadn't gotten very far in either her reading or eating when a familiar voice makes her look up and smile. In fact, she feels it's a genuine smile, even. "Hey! I was just going through the readings from .. earlier while I wait to talk to McFearson." She gestures with her sandwich, which is in her hand, towards the tablet. She hadn't gotten any further than she had before. Ironically, it had been the same person who had found her. She begins to think that maybe she needs to keep reading this file just so he'd show up.

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2015, 11:35:51 PM »

Mjr Fred Rivers

Fred nodded "Fun, fun, fun." he said teasingly as he glanced at the readings, he didnt understand it. But he was trying to look clever in front of her. Because she was one of the few people that had opinions that he cared about.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2015, 11:56:15 PM »

After picking up the necessary cards and her laptop, Jordan made sure she got back to the Commissary as fast as her legs would carry her, and then a little faster than that. Finding an empty table near the door, she set herself up, not even looking for the moment to see who was there; setting up what she had to do was going to take a little time.

A few minutes passed, Jordan had done all she could to get things going, now all that was needed was the people to come to her for their cards and perhaps directions as to how and where they could spend their hard earned. She sat back, feeling a little more satisfied her day might proceed more smoothly, she spoke up at last, addressing all those present. "Any of you people heading into town, or visiting our PX store, come and see me before you go please." Did she need coffee? Probably, but not right now.
Far Dareis Mai

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2015, 05:42:20 PM »

Jon carried his coffee toward the bar with the chef on duty. She was Sergeant Bailey. Bailey looked at Jon and offered a smile which he returned it with a slight smile and then wiped his mouth as he looked at the selections in the hot bar. Some of the plates looked good, but he recognized at least one of them. It was a Beef Wellington with a croissant. He was surprised they were fixing them here too. Nodding at the Sergeant, he replied as he took the warm plate, "I'll take that one. Thanks."

The chef nodded in response and turned her attention to several plates on her left. Jon searched around the commissary for an empty table and walked over with his coffee and warm plate to sit down. Taking a fork, he started eating his food to sate his hunger. It took him a few moments to eat and drink until someone approached him warmly. He looked up at the new presence and nodded, "Sure. Have a seat. I'm Jon Agathon. Who are you?" He added curiously with a slight twinkle of his eyes. It was nice to meet new people.

Jon was one of the rare few who's willing to be friendly and get to know some new people, but he shouldn't make a habit of that. After all, he was a marine. Marines are picky when it comes with making new friends and comrades.
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2015, 10:12:38 PM »

Andee cocks an eyebrow as Rivers pretends to read her tablet. If this had been any other engineering-type diagnostic, she'd probably hand it over to him. But then, if it were, she wouldn't be having issues. There's also the fact that the diagnostic program she's using is one that she created herself. From scratch. So the odds of him understanding it were massively slim. More like none.

"Any thoughts?" She asks him, knowing that there was no way he'd be able to answer and still try to fool her into thinking he knew what was going on. She does, however, pull a nearby chair over for him to sit on beside her. Her attention is drawn to Jordan, now set up at the door, making an announcement to get their cards. There was no need for her to since she wouldn't have a chance to get away from the base, but Fred had some time off now. "I'm going to be busy with .. the ship." She hadn't spoken to Elle yet, so she didn't even want to tell Fred what was going on. "But you should go get that card. Never know when it might come in handy."

Kasie offers a warm smile and takes a seat. "Thanks! Kasie Markham. I'm supposed to be on leave from Atlantis, but apparently I felt the need to help get rid of some zombies." She explains as she scoops up some macaroni and dips it in the chili sauce the chef had recommended. Anything she's going to say is lost for a moment as she savours the flavour. 'Ohmigod ... This is heaven ...'

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2015, 11:01:51 PM »

Mjr Fred Rivers

Fred handed the tablet back to her. "I couldnt even read the damn thing." he mumbled and shrugged. He then glanced over to Jordan then back to Andee.
"Yeah I get paid by the MOD. I cant use one of those cards." he shrugged then looked back to her.
"You alright?" he asked smiling.

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2015, 11:44:55 PM »

Andee gives a knowing grin as her eyes dance at his reaction. It had definitely been too long if he'd forgotten to be himself around her. She glances over at Jordan, then back to Fred. [clor=#0b610b]"Yeah, I never really understood how that worked. Which is why I'm glad I've been stuck on a ship more often than not."[/color] She says, then looks up at him.

"Yer, 'm alright." 'Now that you're here.' "Sit down before you gimme a bloody crick in me neck." She tells him, indicating the chair. "You hungry? Food's actually edible." She says, nodding to the soup in front of her.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 11:21:17 AM by Mandi »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2015, 01:27:43 AM »

She had been sitting there quietly taking it all in, since no one seemed to be bothered with her, nor did anyone show any interest in leaving the base and at least going into town. Vaguely Jordan was listening to the conversation between Rivers and the two women when she head him make the remark. "Yeah I get paid by the MOD. I cant use one of those cards."

"What the F...?" She said to herself, then got up, marched over to him and planted her fists on the table. "Major, where did you get your last frakking payslip from? I'm quite sure a rep from the MOD didn't come all the way to the SGC to give it to you did they?" Damned limeys, always thought they were better than everyone else.

"It doesn't matter a flying ratsass where you pay comes from, this card will debit it anywhere in the world. But since you don't seem to have any interest in what our little corner of the Universe has to offer, you probably don't care either way. But please, refrain from spreading bullcrap like that around here, there are other Brits here as well. Thank you!" She stormed off and returned to her table, as she was a minute ago.
Far Dareis Mai

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2015, 01:57:05 AM »

Mjr Fred Rivers

Fred silently watched the American have a hissy fit at him and she left before he could reply, he looked to Andee.
"Whats up her arse?" he mumbled
"Pay slip?" He frowned.
"I get invoices from HSBC telling me the MOD has put money in to my account via an email." he shrugged a little bit, the american could take what she wanted from it. He didn't understand why they had implemented the card system here. It would be like bases in Afghan giving cards to each serviceman to use on that base, where they actually just used cash.
He wasnt going to get up and go talk to the woman about it, there was no point, she might be ignorant to how he got his pay, and he wasnt against other people using it. But he was still getting email from HSBC Every month telling him the MOD had put money in to his account he wasnt going to pick up an SGC card.

he looked back to Andee and shrugged.
"Anyway." He added taking a seat across from her and smiling a bit
"Ehh Im not to hungry. And I've got a bunch of Spam and Beans to eat back home." he said teasingly.

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2015, 11:30:57 AM »

When Jordan comes over - the woman who'd previously been sweet and wanted her to call her by her first name - and tears into Fred, Andee wants to jump up and punch her. What the hell was that for? Was it really necessary to stomp across the room to berate someone for saying something? Her conduct was beyond uncalled for. 'Not exactly earning my respect, Commander.' She thinks sourly as she glares daggers in the woman's back. None of this made any sense to her. She herself didn't get a slip, either. She gets an invoice from the Canadian Air Force via email (going paperless and saving the planet as we know it, and all), who gets their money from the American Air Force. Besides, if they have debit machines installed, why wouldn't their own cards work? Seems like just another ploy for the government to get at their money. She just sighs and turns her attention back to Fred.

"Perhaps a good snogging will lighten her up a bit." She murmurs and rubs at the bridge of her nose while simultaneously lifting her glasses. Knowing that now she wouldn't be able to focus on her work (which isn't necessarily a bad thing) she slides them up into her hair (which she senses could use some fixing - crawling around in the ship's systems had knocked her bun out of place and several strands of hair had managed to escape).

"Of course, how you you possibly pass up Spam and beans for something as ridiculous as ... you know .. food." She responds back wit ha tired smile.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2015, 06:37:16 PM »

After thinking about it for a moment, Andee realises what the woman was on about. "Fred, you know something. I think we're being a little hard on her. From what I can see there has been a lot of stress here on this base....I also remembered something about our pays.  Yes we don receive it in our bank accounts back home, but its the IOA who is paying us from the contributions from our own government. That's what she was talking about. I think we should say something to her."
Far Dareis Mai
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

lethal-pageant