Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

Author Topic: PG8-K59 Alpha Site- Town Square~Foreston  (Read 7092 times)

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
Re: PG8-K59 Alpha Site- Town Square~Foreston
« Reply #165 on: October 19, 2015, 04:30:52 PM »

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

<Main Square>

They were all assembled on the main square. Aria and Taer side by side with Jon on Aria's left and Josh near the fountain. He was ready armed with his bow and shock lance. They had been spending a bit over Josh's place and now they were outside waiting for Jordon. Jon spoke trying not to sound a bit nervous, "So, we gonna get going soon?"

Aria spoke, "Soon. Be patient, Lieutenant."

Jon nodded and went silent while watching the fountain in the main square.
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 205
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #166 on: October 20, 2015, 02:28:48 AM »

<Main Square>

A trail of dust could be seen coming from a little used side road, essentially a short cut if you didn't mind a river crossing, from the base. Jordan was beside Josile, as the two of them rode swiftly to pull up just short of the others. "You all look like you slept well. I hope so as this is going to be a long ride." Typical in her fashion, no greeting just straight into it.

Josile was much of the same mind, the intel they had gathered from Catherine was worrying. "We ride hard for Altan, I plan to be there before day break. Josh, let me know if additional rations are needed, we can stop by Elara on the way, tis but another two hours from here."
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!NG has great potential!
« Reply #167 on: October 20, 2015, 02:35:22 AM »

<Behind the pub>

"Fresh breads, cheeses and a brand new bottle of ginger beer...non alcoholic for the teetotallers." Elle told him with a refreshingly happy face. Holding his outstretched hand, she eased herself down setting the basket in front of him. "You know Mike, we should have done something like this at home, so often I wanted to get you to come down under, so, I'll ask you now. First chance we get, you'll come and see my home?" It wasn't really a request, not in that way at least, more of a statement as to 'you will come won't you?'

< Behind Judy's bar>

“And after last night’s indulging in the local brandy – your liver is going to thank you!” Mike teased back with a grin.
He gave her a tight, one armed hug as she sat down, nodding at her proposal, “Sure. I’m all game – as long as you keep those poisonous snakes that crawl all over the place away from me. I do watch Animal planet you know. Those slithering creatures are everywhere!” then gave her hair a kiss and started to dig in to the basket.
He placed the blue table cloth on the ground and began lining up the small parcels of cheese, glasses and drinks on it.
Mike halted his hand half way between the basket and the table cloth on the ground, holding a loaf of towel covered bread in his hand and turned to look at Elle “Did you manage to…” he paused for a second before continuing,  “…get hold of Cate?”
For some reason it had felt more natural that Elle would try and get hold of their friend than him. That ‘female to female’ kind of thingy. Women for some unfathomable reason always being the ones more able to talk about emotional things than males.

Shadowlord

• Sin Bin
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!Shadowlord is a rising star!
« Reply #168 on: October 20, 2015, 02:42:50 AM »

John had no real experience riding a horse but he figured that riding a horse on an alien planet was a dream come true for most people so he would accept the offer regardless.

"How far are we going?" asked John aware that riding could be rough over long distances

John wished he could have some time off to explore the small stores that were placed around the Alpha site but alas he was a soldier not a civilian who had those luxuries.
His horse was black which was his favourite colour when it came to horses while most preferred the white he liked the idea of his horse being but a shadow hidden from enemy fire.

"So this one is mine right what is it's name?" asked John curious wondering if he should even try talking to a horse like a person

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #169 on: October 20, 2015, 11:05:15 PM »

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

<Main Square>

As they started riding for Altan, Josh obediently checked the ration packs. He responded back to his leader, "We might need a few more rations."

Their horses were strong and sturdy for them. Even Taer seemed to be a natural horseback rider. He was Jordanian after all. He rode Arabian horses once in his childhood years. Aria looked at him and manged to stifle a giggle. Taer looked like a giant on horseback. Jon rode up beside Valentine and spoke, "Hey. You could name him if you want? I hear they are intelligent and sensitive about their names." 

They were soon moving away from the main square and through the town of Foreston. Even Jon was curious as to what they were doing exactly. Or where they were going. He spoke a question out loud, its direction to either Jordon or Joslie, "Where or what exactly is Altan? I'm not from around here..."
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 11:23:26 PM by Greenhorn »
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #170 on: October 20, 2015, 11:25:06 PM »

< Behind Judy's bar>

When you've been caught with your nose in the bottle red handed, you can't escape the outfall. That was Elle's former Captain's words, Jack Campbell, a lovable guy in any woman's language and in his day quite a hunk to. "Good sir you would not deny your lady a small tipple for purely medical reasons would you?" Elle feigned the most awkward Victorian era dialect imaginable, it sounded even worse because of the Aussie twang, yet the effect was there seen in her sparkling eyes; a huge difference to just a day and half ago.

Mike though knew well how to dazzle her, just that small touch of affection, the kiss of her freshly washed hair was something to hold close to her heart, the good Lord only knew how much she had missed that while they had been apart. This little setting, such a small thing to many people was to be cherished, its not often given the tempo of their work that an opportunity arose like this, Elle was determined to make the best of it. Her hand rested on his as he reached for the bread. "I gave Judy fifty crowns to make sure we are left alone......" Then he mentioned Cate, Elle's eyes saddened for a moment. "I missed her Mike, SG4 bugged out for home before I could reach her...I'm sorry." She felt lousy about it to.
Far Dareis Mai

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #171 on: October 20, 2015, 11:49:27 PM »

<Main Square>

"Your mount's name is Arod, meaning swift in the old tongue. You chose wisely John Valentine." Josile had been told earlier by Jordan the names and identities of each from Earth, her memory was second to none even if she had never met someone; a year could pass and she would still remember you even if your meeting was ever so brief. "Elara is but forty miles due south in your measurement. Altan some two hundred miles south east further. Our ride will be swift, grave tidings have reached my ears of Borg movements in the region...." Her heart was palpitating like a forge hammer as she spoke, Altan was Josile's home town.

Jordan looked John up and down, he had scrubbed up well since the training and she knew he would pass well above the others, even the Sergeant failed in areas were Valentine excelled. She had already put his promotion papers through last night, by the time they return, he'll have his second stripe. "As Josile said Valentine, quite a ways. Since there is no such thing as mules here and the oxen are too slow, we'll only be able to gather what we can carry. Lieutenant Commander Israel, since we'll be riding in pairs, two abreast, you and I will have the rear." Jordan knew from the files she read last night, Aria had a head on her shoulders and between the two of them things should go smoothly as far as the tactical side of things went. Taer was a brilliant Marine, hard and tough, they'd worked together for a while now, so he would be up front with Josile; Jon and John in the center. The thought of the two names made her smile. "Take the lead please Josile, Taer with her. Move out!"

<<To Southern Regions>>
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 11:53:34 PM by RogueRanger »
Far Dareis Mai
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]