Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: PG8-K59 Alpha Site- Town Square~Foreston  (Read 8594 times)

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 84
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
Re: PG8-K59 Alpha Site- Town Square
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2014, 02:07:21 PM »

Flynn still wasn't real crazy about the idea of being carried, but right now she really didn't have a choice.  Apparently they were short on time and she was still getting around quite slowly.  It was also easy to see that Joarm was as nervous about this as she was.  She nodded in answer to the young man as he lifted her up.

Flynn glared at Rachel.  "Do you know how embarrassing this is?" she asked her friend before noticing how quiet the streets were.  "What about the pony?" she asked, thinking about the little gelding that had brought them here to begin with.

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 56
  • DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2014, 12:23:12 AM »

As Jorsh continued to carry Flynn across the ground toward the Humvee. He gently placed her into the back of the vehicle and responded, "I could get you a pony if you want to ride her instead?"

He waited there on hand for her response.
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 235
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2014, 01:50:25 AM »

The reddened face of Flynn told her friend just how embarrassed the girl was, it'll be a great story for her grandkids one day and for Rachel to, something to store in her memory banks. "One of the Pub grooms would have taken him, they have underground stables here, such is the world of constant war they've had with the Borg over the years. That was another tactic of theirs in the past Flynn, steal the horses so the Cavalieros would be weakened. It never worked as they could never ride or keep them." She smiled at that thought, at least they never ate them.

"Jorsh! Get in fercryinoutloud!"
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2014, 09:34:34 AM »

Flynn was grateful to get into the Humvee as she was sure her face was as red as a tomato.  Darn blushing easily.  She did smile a bit though when Joarm offered to get her a pony.  "I was just worried about the pony that brought us here," she explained, grateful when Rachel said he would be taken care of.  He had been a sweetie and she wouldn't want to see anything happen to him.  'Oh, good.  It sounds like they are prepared for anything then."  Flynn still had no idea what was going on exactly, but at least everyone else seemed to know what to do.

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 56
  • DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2014, 08:23:41 PM »

The was still and almost calm. For the moment as everyone was already gone into hiding from around the Humvee. As Joram closed the door on his side of the vehicle, he quickly ran around. He noticed Flynn was embarrassed and he understood. It was a bit embarrassing for himself to carry her like this, but this situation called for it and if it were any other situation where Flynn's leg was alright, Joram would have just carried his weapon and went straight for the vehicle to defend the Alpha Site.

Opening his side of the Humvee, Joram quickly and carefully entered, closed the door and waited for the driver to start the jeep and head straight for their target.
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 235
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2014, 11:49:16 PM »

Climbing into the right front seat, Rachel gave a quick look over her shoulder to see that Flynn and indeed Joarm were alright. She wasn't sure if the young man had ever ridden in any other vehicle before other than one drawn by a horse. Silently she prayed he didn't get car sick. The moment she was belted in, the young marine took off, going through the gears like a madman and soon they were out of the city and headed south along the same road Flynn and Rachel took thirty minutes ago.

"You guys okay back in there?" She asked, looking in the rear view mirror. To Flynn's statement she replied. "This place, this city and the people Flynn have been at war at one time or another over the last three thousand years, they know better what they are doing than we do. We learn from them."

<<To Alpha Site - Briefing room>>
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2014, 08:21:18 AM »

Flynn hunkered down in the seat, folding her hands on her lap.  She was starting to tremble a bit as this was bringing back the memories that she had tried to push away.  At least for a little bit.  It of course wasn't working and her face had grown pale as the Humvee started and flew down the road. "Oh," she said softly.  "Didn't realize that." That made her feel a tiny bit better.  At least they knew what they were doing then.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
Re: PG8-K59 Alpha Site- Town Square~Foreston
« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2015, 09:42:11 PM »

"That's the general idea." Alex cast a wicked looking eye as his head turned just so to catch Michelle's beautiful face in the afternoon sunlight, he had a penchant for keeping a lid on surprises, something he'd been very good at since he could remember. While he drove, he kept up a steady stream of general chit chat, pointing out some of the prettier areas along the way, all the time making sure he slowed respectfully when they passed people either riding or one of those peculiar small two wheeled buggy's they preferred locally; that or pedestrians as there were always a lot of those.

At last they did arrive safely in town, Alex guiding the Jeep easily along the broader avenues until he reached one of the finer merchant districts towards the southern end of town. He pulled up alongside a row of rather glamorous looking shops, one in particular nearby. "This is it Michelle, now I don't know how you'll react, but I hope its the reaction I think you'll have." He was still very circumspect at this point until he switched off the engine, climbed out to go around to the passenger side, again offering his hand as he opened the door.

The sign above the shop was in the local language and script, but the Cavaleiros had gone to pains to add English translations on most advertising and written in smallish two inch high letters under the main headboard was the following:

'Mordecai's Fine Jewellry, Gems and Goldsmithing'

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2015, 04:43:12 PM »

Michelle watched the scenery.  It was quite pretty and she was actually able to enjoy it for a bit.  At least for the moment she didn't have to think about anything.  Well besides trying to figure out what Alex was planning.  She waved at some of the people they passed.

Michelle turned back to Alex when he started to slow the Jeep.  Her eyes widened as she stepped out of the Jeep and looked up at the sign.  "Alex?" She whispered, looking over at him.  Was this what she thought it was?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 12:18:19 PM by sorra »

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2015, 09:36:43 PM »

Passer's by stop briefly to look at them, Alex paid them no mind at all as his own thoughts were on one thing and one thing only. Gently taking her into his arms before he answered her question, he moved them both into a small niche in between the jewelers and the shop next door; his face was so close to hers. "Traditionally I'm supposed to go down on one knee, I hope you'll forgive me for not doing so Michelle." His voice was like velvet, or more to the point like a smooth Kentucky Whiskey. "Would you do me the greatest honour in taking me as your husband?" There, he said it finally, even if his heart was all but leaping out of his ribs

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2015, 12:20:21 PM »

Michelle didn't even notice anyone else as she only had eyes for Alex.  She moved against him as he pulled her inbetween the two buildings.  Her heart raced as she thought she had figured out what he was planning, but it still came as a shock as he said the words aloud.  "Yes!" she cried, throwing her arms around his neck. "Yes, yes, yes!"  She didn't care if she was acting like a teenager right now.  Alex was in her life and she would never have to let him go again.  She hugged him close, tears sliding down her cheeks.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2015, 06:56:16 PM »

It was the proudest moment of Alex's life, prouder than when he graduated from the Academy all those years ago, prouder than when he was made the Red Arrows engineer and much prouder than the time he became the Commander of Zulu station; this moment he would be cherishing for the rest of his life. As Michelle threw her arms around him, Alex's own arms went snaking around her slim waist so that he could pull her in closer. "I want to remember this instant for eternity Michelle, you won't even begin to understand how much I do love you." His head bent to hers, kissing her gently. After an all to short moment of passion, he reluctantly pulled back. "Now my dear, shall we see what the honorable Mr Mordecai has to show us?"

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2015, 07:40:56 PM »

Michelle couldn't believe this was happening.  Yes, she had fallen for Alex from the first day she had met him, but she didn't think there would ever be a way they could act on those feelings.  Well, it was more she didn't know if she could act on it as she didn't even know if Alex had feelings for her. "You've made me the happiest woman alive," she whispered, not even caring about the slight twinge in her injured side.  Michelle nodded, not really wanting him to go though.  "It sounds like you had this all planned out."

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2015, 08:02:24 PM »

Alex swore his undying love and devotion to Michelle in his own way, which as always with him, short and to the point without the frills. He did tell her though, that from the moment they met back in South Australia when they were doing the training regime for Zulu station, that very instant his eyes fell on her, she had already brightened up what had been before a rather gloomy life.

They entered the shop to the tingling of a small brass bell on the door, the shop owner and jeweler Mordecai Ralansa, met them half way, greeting them cheerily, his fat rosy cheeks blossoming at the prospect of a good sale. He led them to his glassed counters that displayed his finest wares and as Alex did mental calculations on the currency exchange he was simply amazed. "Michelle, do you like that one?" He asked, his eyes glaring at one particular ring, he knew it would match perfectly with her eyes and skin tones.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

While this was taking place, a dark hooded figure across the street had been watching them, he appeared to be talking to either himself or his sleeve. Some seven hundred miles to the south east of Foreston, four Lucian Alliance cloaked Al-Kesh had landed a little earlier in the day, the unusual meeting between humans and Borgesmesteku took place in a deep tree lined valley, as hundreds of wooden crates were being off loaded from the ships.

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2015, 10:44:27 AM »

Michelle hadn't realized that he had started to fall for her that same day that she had him.  They had been through so much together and now they were finally truly going to be together as a couple.  She couldn't believe this day was actually happening.  As she had gotten older she had almost given up on the idea of getting married.  She was basically married to her job, but now that Alex had asked there was no way she was turning it down.  She loved him with her whole heart.

Michelle followed him into the shop, looking at the displays that Mordecai pointed out.  She couldn't believe all the jewelry he had.  She had no idea how she was going to pick one.  There were so many gorgeous ones.  She looked over though as Alex caught her attention. "It's perfect!" she exclaimed, studying the emerald and diamonds.  She loved it.  It was unique just like Alex.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

lethal-pageant