Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Bridge  (Read 436 times)

VagabonD SerpenT

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!
  • Forum Bouncer, so behave.
Bridge
« on: September 21, 2016, 10:35:05 AM »

If the engineering sections are the hearts of the ship, then the bridge is her brains. It's where the Central Command Post, Combat Information Centre, Central AI Interface and, of course, the Captain's Chair are located. That's where all the decisions are made, all the sensor data collected is displayed, astrogation is done and course is plotted, and from where every system aboard can be fully accessed, and in case of TIS Allosaurus, whole fleets are commanded.

Huge frontal window offers unprecedented view of the scenery or battlefield, and in case of a danger, it takes only 2 seconds to drop down a huge titanium armoured bulkhead, just like those protecting the flight deck, and project a hologram with the same view over the shielding instead.

There's also a "naval legend" that the namesake lifesize dinosaur statue on the bridge of every dreadnaught in the Imperial Space Navy is actually fully robotized and that the shipboard AI's are capable of powering them on if an enemy's boarding attempt gets bad enough that they breach into the bridge for a nasty surprise of metal fangs and talons.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 10:36:46 AM by VagabonD SerpenT »
Terra Locuta. Causa Finita.

Bickering with an admin is like fighting a dragon. You gave him a good kick, poked his eye with your sword and already are aiming to cut his throat open, when the dragon gets tired and finally breathes out.

VagabonD SerpenT

• Administrator
  • Major
  • VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!VagabonD SerpenT has great potential!
Re: Bridge
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 10:40:34 AM »

{Princess Angela}
{Admiral Michael Moran - NPC}
{Sally - Allosaurus AI - NPC}

That particular Cantina that was in Joey's domain was located on the 28th deck, on the level of the main ship body, and the Bridge was located at the very top of the aft tower on the 51st deck, with only a few things above it, but it didn't take long for the elevator to carry its passengers up all the way there in one rapid whisk. It was a common thing for lifts to move that fast in the ships, the only exception being during the scramble and red alerts. At these times they tried to mimic teleports in speed, and while the pilots were quite used to rapid G changes, the ISN crewmen sometimes could get nauseous.

The layout up there was that there was really a single access point to the 51st deck, be it lift or stairs, and the arriving people would have to filter through a small narrow corridor up to the sturdy doors, which were opening only after a quick DNA scan, or in case of depressurisation and hardsuits on the crew, a retina scan through the helmet. Needless to say that that corridor was laden with cameras, sensors, traps and even small turrets to entertain the unwanted and unsavoury visitors.

Admiral Moran was the first to trigger the locking mechanism and after making sure that the DNA matches the one in the database, it had let him pass and those closely following him. A guard on duty wearing full armour and with a big automatic plasma rifle in his hands stood at attention at the sight of Michael, straightening himself into a string and yelled out:

"Admir..."

That was the moment when the Legionary on duty spotted a thick mane of red molten lava like hair enter the Bridge too, and that hair was framing a very well known to him face and that face sat atop of the body to match, so he shut up because his old cry got obsolete already. He inhaled, getting his lungs full of precious oxygen and shouted even louder:

"Royalty on the deck!!"

The quiet chatter of the on-duty officers was replaced by a loud echo of people snapping at attention as well, but Angela ignored it all, just patting absent-mindedly the leg of Alie the Allosaurus on her way in, the leg starting to get a bit shinier than the rest of the dinosaur thanks to all those pats the people were giving it for some good luck,and then in-between the rows of seats and holographic displays with the sensors data, maps of all kinds, internal status readings, communications, you name it, and up some stairs onto the command platform that cut the whole bridge into the two sections, and up to the main observation window. She stood there in the "officer pose" with legs firm against the cool metal of the floor, hands behind her back and staring out into the not so empty void.

"As you were!"

The sing song voice that usually left the woman's luscious lips was replaced by a harsh, nearly hoarse, loud bark, cutting to the point, the kind of the voice that could scream over the battlefields without any radios and command men to their deaths by her will. Princess of the Pax Terrana looked out of the window in front of her, bracketed silently on her sides by Admiral and Commander Nazari standing in the same officer poses.

The ship's position has changed since the last time she was here, and while they still were on the bright side of Alhabor, she could now see very clear terminator beneath them, the day really slowly crawling over the big rocky and watery orb wearing a mantle of gases and giving way to the night, the twilight area playing with the colours in its own peculiar way, coloration of Sirius giving them strange for someone born on Terra hues. Angela could easily discern the contours of all the seven continents of her planet down below even on the dark side, and from all of those it was really easy to pick the three inhabited ones by now. On the bright side there were big cities visible and in the darkness there were huge twinkling masses of the colourful lights smeared here and there.

Amount of the vessels speeding back and forth like mosquitos or slowly and graciously making their way down to the planet, or up in space, or just in orbit was overwheleming. Here, en high orbit of Sirius III, thousands of the civilian ships were mixing together with the ISN vessels, painting a picture of a huge fish school playing against the background of a star ridden black canvas of the deep space. Usually there was also the humonguous spaceport in the field of view, which served as the hub for the whole damn system and was connected by many transfer routes to every major city down below and some separate locations, each of them being ground based spaceport of a proper size, but the Princess couldn't find it, no matter how hard she stared and seeked for it, turning her head casually left and right, taking in the picture because the last time she checked it was right in front of them, next to the moon, Sothis, which she also could not detect. Right now she could only see a corner of one of the defensive bases flanking TIS Allosaurus on the starboard. There was, however, a notable stream of civilian ships big and small rushing past the dreadnaught toward the deeper human space or simply quickly zipping to the planet, dodging the myriads of satellites orbiting it, all of those originating apparently oversun, from where the enemy fleet was coming.

Redhead made a few more steps, stopping just an inch away from the thick observation glass and looked down at her ship floating there, getting ready to fight. She always thought it looks gorgeous. And as she looked down below, the Princess had finally understood what was buggering her. The rings! Alhabor had a nice ring system. Beyond being just pretty to behold, they served as a good navigation mean down there on the colony. The higher is your latitude, the thicker and flatter the rings get, eventually vanishing out of your sight completely when you're entering subpolar regions. On the equator one could see a shining, twinkling and glistening thin line scratching the starry sky in a perfect curve. But that was down there. Here, in space, they were a navigation hazard, made up of dust, small rocks and even ice. And Allosaurus was right in the middle of the ring system!

The hologram of Sally's looks that she picked out for herself had fired up and a young woman seemed to join the officer trio right out of the thin air for a bit of directed conversation.

"I've taken into the account the angle from which the Attack Swarm will have to come in and repositioned the ship accordingly. At this point we're in additonal protection of the shields of the Rehua Base which would help us to deflect incoming fire and the rings are completely harmless for me, but they'll force enemy fighters and bombers to be much more cautious and, hopefully, easier pickings."

"Good thinking, Sally. Let's hope the bugs have no clever AI on their side. They've decided to make the very first battle of the war the deceisive one, so be it. I'm going to win it. And first of all we need to close the system finally. Admiral, be so kind, do it."

The old man nodded and after Sally nodded to him in return, indiciating that the broad spectrum comms were on, spoke loud and clear:

"This is Imperial Fleet Admiral Michael Moran of the First Terran Imperial Space Navy. Sirius is coming under attack. All civilian ships are to clear it immediately. Any civilian vessel within one Astronomical Unit of Alhabor, land planetside immediately. Any civilian vessel further away is to immediately hyperlaunch outsystem, I don't care where. The spaceport must cancel all the departure launches and evacuate downside all the civilian personnel and passengers after all the docking procedures on the arriving ships are complete. The command of all the military ships, all three defensive bases and the spaceport personnel remaining after the evacuation is mine. Moran out."

He turned with a smirk to Angela.

"Was that satisfactory, My Lady?"

"Yes, thank you. Sally, I don't see General Walker around here?"

"General Walker is in the main briefing room, discussing something with the squadron commanders."

"Tell him to get his arse here in five minutes, or I'll teach him to fly without a fighter. I need to discuss a few things with him and I guess I'm a bit higher priority."

Sally's hologram looked like she was staring through Angela at a wall at something only she could see.

"Done. He will be here shortly."

"Good. What's the status on the Entheri?"

"They are about to start passing the Sirius, giving the star a real wide berth, because they've no shields to deflect any radiation, and their armour would melt. Hence the angle under which they'll attack and under which I've put Allosaurus. The moment their Swarm is this side of the sun, I'll scan it as thorough as I can and provide complete count of their fleet and design information."

"Very well. Now, do you people have any suggestions and ideas while Shane is getting here? I'm going to send down a State of Siege order, raise Legions, Aerospace, Marine Navy in full alert. I'll give them specific orders on what to do of course, but what I'm really unsure of is if I should curfew the cities still on the day side, cancelling the school studies, mass gathering and the kind. It's, alas, too late to curfew the night side and enforce it there... We'll never be able to shove all those crowds having fun and relaxing back into their homes in time..."

Princess looked down out of the window again, past the ship's hull, past the rings, past the zipping craft, past the satellites and past the clouds in the atmosphere. There were more than 3 billions living down there, almost four, and there were 41 major city, with population over 50 million each, on that planet. And one of the lighted spots on the night side was in fact Alhabor City. Yes, the capital of the planet and the system in whole was already in the deep night, who just started its full reign and the population surely had switched to the nocturnal activities. Angela's heart was aching a little because she knew that it was impossible to open a console and type "toggle god mode" in it, and that many will die today, both here in space and there on planet. She could only hope that most of the dead would be eight limbed and eight winged.

Bickering with an admin is like fighting a dragon. You gave him a good kick, poked his eye with your sword and already are aiming to cut his throat open, when the dragon gets tired and finally breathes out.

Nzu

• Airman
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Nzu A new starter.
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2016, 05:54:30 PM »

"Hauntingly beautiful isn't it?" Samiya said from Angela's right, her tone soft so only the three of them could hear. "The way the planet bustles below the fleet...completely unaware of what's happening in the wider universe, how much their lives are going to change in the next few hours." Of course the Admiral had made the call, but the ship's had only just started to heed his warning. Being a Frigate commander, Sam was used to seeing small groups of ships flying in formation but the way the whole fleet hung over everything... it truly was magnificent.

Considering the circumstances and the trials they were going to about to undergo, Sam wished more than anything they were on the observation deck rather than the bridge, where they were alone rather than surrounded by dozens of officers and crew. As much as she might tease Angela in the cantina, she would never think of pushing the boundaries on the bridge in front of other officers. There had to be that separation, here they had to be their positions and their ranks. Still despite knowing that, despite her sense of duty coursing through their veins...she had to clench her hands tingly to keep from slipping her fingers in between Angela's own.

"It is far too late to do much for the night side, any kind of warning we give could cause a panic. Potentially it is a risk to take but it would impede our forces on the ground as well as any emergency services from responding promptly." Samiya said as she looked out over the planet once again. "We could try slowing them down as they pass by the sun...jump a small attack force in close to their formation, hit them hard with heavy ordinance and use their own smaller ships as screens. Either they'll have to maneuver out of formation and risk damage from the sun, or try to weather-the-storm as it were."

That attacking group would take heavy casualties but if it bought the civilians below even a few more hours to prepare and get to cover they could potentially be saving thousands of lives.

VagabonD SerpenT

• Administrator
  • Major
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2016, 04:30:14 PM »

{Princess Angela}
{Admiral Michael Moran - NPC}
{Lt. General Shane Walker - NPC}
{Ryan Gillan - NPC}
{Igvi-Azut Zakon I - Entheri Overlord - NPC}

"It is beautiful... It is really beautiful, and if it wasn't the war fleet preparing to repel an attack, my heart would had been filled with the bliss watching all that, not with the worry and pain of responsibility, just like it was used to when I was a little girl. Right now, I wonder if I those feelings can ever return to me, if I could have the same enjoyement like those commoners do, and how many of those lives down below we are going to save and how many lives of those up here we're going to sacrifice for that..."

Princess couldn't help but notice the ever increasing ships activity, civilians running to hide wherever they could and military ones getting into the best position to do their duty and protect those former ones. She did listen to what Sam was saying and it just confirmed her own thoughts. But some of the ideas made her cringe.

"You're right. I'll leave the night side alone, and will just issue the warnings for the light side to sit put. But you're wrong, Sam, in that we won't move any task forces out of this fleet. That'd be pure suicide and I need every living soul here to defend my planet... Your frigate wolfpack will move on the starboard flank of Allosaurus and pause just enough behind Sothis to drop the crews necessary to activate the concealed mass drivers, all the while pretending to occupy the proper position in the battlegroup flank... Sally, what about the reinforcements? Are we looking for some cavalry riding to our rescue?"

"I am afraid not, Your Imperial Highness. Every battlegroup capable of arriving in Sirius system from other stars in the sector under 24 hours had been already assembled into the First Fleet. The battlegroups that had jumped earlier from the other sectors have been arriving for the last three days and also joining the formations above the colony. The High Command had of course been informed of our situation and the Third Fleet is launching from Barnard's Star, but it'd take them 74 hours of FTL travel to reach the Sirius system."

"So, if we get into really tight spot, these men would probably have to fight what's left of Entheri Swarm only to liberate a smoking, glassed planet... That's the kind of prognosis I love to hear in the morning..."

Admiral was sarcastic, and it was sometimes clear where Joey got his manners refined at, but at least a bit of humor helped to live through the days like these. The doors slid open and Lt. General Shane Walker, Wing Commander of the TIS Allosaurus marched in the Bridge, closely followed by a crude looking man in a sturdy, custom made expensive civilian flight suit, who was nervously looking left and right, clearly feeling a bit uneasy being here. Angela did not even move a muscle, not turned her head a bit, nothing, starting at the space in front of her until those steps died a few metres behind her.

"You took more than five minutes given to you, General. Why?"

The question was asked in a really dry tone and harsh voice.

"I am sorry, My Lady, I'd had been here earlier, but this man intercepted me by the elevators and pestered me until I've agreed to take him into your presence..."

"Who is he and why would I want to see him now?"

"My name is Ryan Gillan. I am the Commander of the Sirius Chapter of the Mercenary Guild. Of course our pilots already know about the Entheri invasion and I've about five hundred ready to fight men and their machines on Alhabor colony right now. We could join the Imperial AeroSpace in defending the system... For a price."

Red hair flew up in the slightly fanned by the life support vents air, as the Princess rapidly turned on her heels, facing the visitor. Her steel gray eyes suddenly seemed to be several shade darker than usual and Gillan felt a chill crawl up his spine - for he suddenly saw in those eyes an imagine of him leaving the board of TIS Allosaurus withouth his ship docked down on the flight deck, and that was the mildest outcome that he could discern in that burning gaze. Angela's lips moved and parted several times, but no voice was heard, with the Princess clearly holding her emotions and wrath back until she hissed and spat every syllable out in what seemed to be a ringing silence, with even the computers in the room seemingly stopping to hum.

"I knew that you frontier dogs have no honour, and I knew that you all are impudent whelps, but I did not know that mercs are also suicidal. In any other situation, you'd be up for the immediate execution two mintues ago without a question. Today I cannot turn down the sudden war asset falling down ripe into my palms. While I feel that it's well within my right and power to just order you fuckers to fight for me, I believe much better incentive will be to promise payment of a kilogram of full weight gold and 250 grams of the assorted gems and jewels of the finest quality to each of your pilots if we win this battle. You all will be the Auxiliary Squadron and as their leader you'll get the mission briefing from my Wing Commander. Now begone from my sight and don't you dare to get back to me until I feel the need to it.

GUARDS! Escort this man to the Main Briefing Room and let him wait there for the big assemby. If he tries to wander off, or does anything fishy, space him!"

Ryan opened his mouth to say something but Angela's "talk to the hand" gesture kept him silent long enough for the two members of the Imperial Guard to grab him and drag him outside. When the doors slid closed behind him again, Princess took several deep breaths and turned to face the void again.

"Shane, make sure that Auxila Squadrons are the first in and the last out of any fray and fight always no less than 8 to 1 odds. I do have honour unlike them and it obliges me to hold up to my promises, but it does not forbid me of making sure they're all expendable. I'd prefer if all of them are gone and all of my pilots are alive by the end of the battle for I'd better use the promised riches to reward my own people, fighting for me because their duty and conscience calls for it. Gillan forgot the first rule of using the mercenaries that is live since Ancient Egypt - there's usually too little of them left to claim the reward promised and they're always the cannon fodder."

"Will do with pleasure, Princess. The mercs need a lesson."

"I have a little update on the Entheri Swarm: I detect Ekee life signs aboard many of the leading ships that are just curving into the open view from behind the Sirius."

"Those eight winged freaks are sending the slaves in to die for them. Honourless cowards... Sally, make sure my Pyro-GX is prepped for launch as soon as it's humanly possible."

Admiral coughed in his fist.

"With all due respect, Your Imperial Highness, maybe it's not the time for you to actually launch? Maybe it's better for you to stay back and lead from here?"

This time Angela turned rapidly to look at Michael with sorrow in her sight, not fury.

"I am the Imperial Princess of Pax Terrana, Admiral. I am second in line to the Throne of Terra. I was born to lead. I was brought up to lead. And if this is not enough, I am also Queen Sirius and Vega. If I won't lead those people into the fight for my fief, for my Empire, how can I demand them to die for me and sit back in safety? I can't. I must lead them. I must be in the thick of it. I must inspire them with my courage and selflessness, even if I'll be scared to shits facing the Greater Plauge I am sure those have on board..."

Sally looked a bit worried.

"I am sorry to interrupt, but there's an Empire wide broadcast from Terra, going simultaneously over every TV, radio and network station and channel on every planet and in every ship. It is broadcast of the diplomatic message received by Her Imperial Majesty from the Entheri Dominion considering the declaration of war. Putting it on the screen..."

The bright holographic screen that was used to transmit the exterior view came to life, only this time it dispalyed the transmission. One could easily notice seemingly huge on the screen that big image of Igvi-Azut speaking.

"... I am glad that there's finally the war between us, because as you're hearing this, Catherine, my fleets are tunneling into your border systems. My fleets that will crush your pathetic, puny defences the moment you're less expecting that. My fleets that will glass every planet you've contamintated with your filthy mammal form and your revolting flora and fauna. Maybe after every sign of presence of your foul species goes from the faces of those worlds and the nuclear winter fades, they will become much more pleasant to see tundras, devoid of any sign of Terran life, maybe not, but one thing will be for certain:

My fleets will slaughter everyone you've in your domain outside of Earth, and you won't be able to protect lesser species from their fate of servitude to their masters, because after I'm done pushing you back to the shithole you came from, after I'm done putting you into your place, after I'm done cleansing the Galaxy from you, vile creatures, you will kneel before me when I'll lock the collar on your neck personally. What's left of your pathetic race will work mines and farms for me and my children till the Galaxy falls apart. You humans and all of your pathetic friends will do Entheri bidding as it is your true manifest destiny. You will never again fly your own ships or research things, you will just do what you are told, as it is proper for a stupid animal. And those who resist the rule of their proper masters, will share the fate of those...
"

The picture has changed from Igvi-Azut's insolent face onto a close up view of hundreds of misfed and mistreat, truly pathetic looking human slaves somewhere on the cold world so favoured by those specific bugs. They all sat crowded in some kind of deep pool like place under a thick and fine mesh. There was a mix of tattered and ragged uniforms and civilian clothing alike, clearly a result of a raid on some poorly defend frontier planet, perhaps done a few years ago. That mesh suddenly slid open and a swarm of little toothy beasts poured in, tearing the poor people apart alive, screams of agony and begs for mercy filling the air, echoing and resonating through the Empire while the broadcast went. It was made sure that every gory detail was transmitted over the Imperium. And there was a lot of gore.

When the broadcast finished and normal program resumed and Sally had killed the display, Angela was standing still, her left eyebrow twitching and right index finger violently tapping invisible trigger. Finally, the Princess had found some strength to speak in grave voice.

"I shall kill them all... Slowly... Rip their legs off one by one, then their wings, then their mandibulas and then deep roast them on slow fire, enjoying their screams... SALLY! Open all channels, broadcast over system!"

Redhead waited till the sign was given to her and went on, staring toward the direction where Obr-Saz's fleet was coming from and speaking completely non-chalant.

"This is your Queen and Princess speaking, Angela Knyazeva. General order to the entire contingent of the military forces in Sirius system - Red Alert! Every crew member - return to your vessels! Every pilot - return to your carriers! Legions - prepare to fight on land with the crews of the crashed Entheri Swarm ships! Law enforcement - everyone get back to the active duty, armour and suit up, and ready heavy weapons and be ready to assist the armies in their efforts! Everyone! Any Entheri ranking less than Lek or Bok-Kah are to be butchered without remorse even if surrender. Entheri ranking Lek or Bok-Kah and above are to be taken POW alive for the strategical purposes, do not let them commit suicide by any means necessary. Spare Ekee if you can - they are slaves forced to fight, battle thralls if you wish. Civilians! Take care, avoid the fight, but don't panic - I can protect you. My armies and my fleets can protect you. But if you do fight the bugs - make sure you kill them how it hurts the most. Knyazeva out."

Tears were running down Angela's cheeks in streams when she was finished.

"Shane... I want every Wing Commander of the First Fleet in my Main Briefing in fourty five minutes maximum, along with all the Squadron Leaders of the Allosaurus flight and full contingent of the Hell's Angels... Michael, don't you dare to tell me again to do armchair commanding after THAT!"

Senior officers just nodded and dispersed along the room to do what they were told to, leaving their Princess alone for a bit of time.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 04:40:14 PM by VagabonD SerpenT »

Nzu

• Airman
  • Nzu A new starter.
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2016, 05:53:46 PM »

As the others dispersed Samiya stayed behind until she was sure that the remaining officers had moved out of earshot and left the pair alone for a moment. Sam knew better than all of them combined how much Angela truly cared for her people. She'd seen over and over and over again how much she was willing to personally sacrifice for their well being. And as a Military Officer she could understand her decision and even agreed with it. There were few things more inspiring than the Princess leading you into battle. In centuries past it had been common practice for Royalty with military title to lead their troops. However usually from a position of at least some safety, only wading into the thick of things when needed. Flying a small nearly unprotected fighter into the fray was incredibly risky.

"Angela," Samiya finally said walking up beside the woman, standing shoulder to shoulder with her and speaking as quietly as possible to keep what she had to say between them. "I understand what you're doing and if I were in your shoes I might even do the same. And what what I ask you now I don't say as a ship commander and a sworn officer to you and the empire. But as the woman who loves you, who would rather die than see you hurt, I'm begging you. Please do not go out there."

Biting back a tear forming at the corner of her eye Sam continued needing to get all this out before Angela replied. "I know you don't want to be seen as sitting back perfectly safe while others risk their lives I really do. But you're no good to the men if you get shot down or taken out by a fighter hunting destroyer. Your place is commanding this fleet, leading. And that doesn't always mean being the first one to get shot at."

VagabonD SerpenT

• Administrator
  • Major
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2016, 02:24:53 PM »

{Princess Angela}
{Lt. General Shane Walker - NPC}

Angela stared into the void, thinking, pondering, calculating, running the scenarios in her mind, trying to find the way out of the situation with minimal loss and maximal gain. She gave herself the report that all the officers left her side, letting her soak in her thoughts as much as needed or as much as it was possible. All but one.

Sam spoke. Slow, quiet and... Loving. Princess could hear her voice quivering. And the words she was saying... Redhead turned to face her friend, shock of realization written on her face, mixed with joy and uncertainity. Many times she heard someone professing their love to her, but for the first time it was a sincere coming out and it seemed to be also the one that the other person did not even realize she just did. Gods, Angela did care of Sam, but as of a good officer, someone who's a real friend for a change, and, well, a bedmate, okay. A pairing like that fit 146% in the image of a spoiled royal brat playgirl Princess the woman was building for years as a facade for the reality.

She did feel warmth, but love... Maybe it was there deep inside? Maybe it was just the eternal turmoil of being a royalty and burdened with real ruling prveneting her from sensing it? Whatever it was, the Princess would have to sort it out after the sh*t storm calms down.

"Sam... I... I... sh*t, it had to be you to render me speechless first time in my life..."

Angela chuckled and let her hand snake around the other woman's waist, letting that semi-hug pull her in a bit a closer.

"Sam, dear, I have to go there. Besides the morale support of my own troops I aim at another effect I'll try to reach today. That can be done only being out there in my fighter... And if they'll try to hit me, they'll shoot others in my fleet less, so they can hit back nicely in return... And quit worrying so much about me. Go check the performance records of the Imperial AeroSpace. Naturally, Imperial Guard is the top 600 on the list, but who's the number 1, hmm? Someone who's callsign is Dark Angel. Someone with incredible kill ratio per sortie and barely scratched paint on their ship. How do you think who that Dark Angel is, hmm?"

"I'm sorry to interrupt you, ladies, but the Ekee ships have just recieved order to attack. They'll be here in about an hour, a vanguard for the main fleet."

"Thank you, Sally. sh*t. And Obr-Saz is as cowardly fucker as I've thought he would be. SHANE! What's with the briefing?"

"I've checked and learned that the commanders had been assembling aboard the flagship for a while already, since the enemy fleet was first detected, figuring you'd want a word with them all at once in person. The last one of them has just flew in from TIS Panthera Leo. And the Hell's Angels are grudgingly getting to the main briefing room as well."

"Perfect timing. Go there, okay?... Sam, dear, I have to go now... Talk to my pilots, give them instructions. And again, don't worry, I'll have a cloud of the best of the best protecting me, swarming around me..."
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 02:33:29 PM by VagabonD SerpenT »

VagabonD SerpenT

• Administrator
  • Major
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2016, 03:01:39 PM »

Angela could not help but linger for a little minute more, waiting for Sam to say a few words. Now when her so recent, but already one of the best friend blurted out the words of love, Princess was a little bit shaken.

"Okay... I must get to the Main Briefing if we want to repel the attack properly. We have a real chance of wrecking the Entheri naval power in one deceisive battle outright in the first days of war, giving us a huge edge and I must use this chance... And, Sam, dear, I will fly - if anything it is my Mother's will. Your Imperatrix wants her children to be the battle tested leaders, not the armchair commanders... She wills for our names to stir terror in the hearts of the other nations when she goes and I with Alexander get to rule this nation..."

Redhead winked away a tear, turned sharply on her heels, lessons in military drilling waking up in her body, and marched out of the Bridge before she would get too emotional.

<<Angela to the Allosaurus Main Pilot Briefing>>

Nzu

• Airman
  • Nzu A new starter.
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2016, 09:15:10 PM »

"It's just one of my many talents, if I remember correctly I'm pretty good at making you loud..." Sam smirked with a little bit of a chuckle as her expression fell a bit. "It's not that I doubt your abilities, or that I think you can't take care of yourself. I know better, I've had a better chance than just about anyone in the galaxy how capable you are. But that's not going to change how I feel or how concerned I'll be..."

Dammit Sally, now of all times! Sam screamed in her mind as the ship's Ai interrupted them. Sometimes Sally had some great timing and others...hell it's not like this was a great time to have this conversation anyway...Was there ever a good time?

"Look I know alright, I know there's nothing I can say to change your mind. So you do what you have to do to get all of us through this. But you sure as hell better come back to me doing it." Waiting for Angela's answer, Samiya had to admit she was a bit nervous about hearing the reply. A lot had been admitted here on both sides and she didn't want overwhelm things. She could tell Angela was ready to bolt to focus on the task at hand. Which was good Sam just didn't want to leave things at this point.

VagabonD SerpenT

• Administrator
  • Major
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2016, 01:40:26 AM »

Sam's reply caught Angela already waiting for the bloody elevator. Redhead Princess spoke quietly in her earpiece, trusting that Sally would make sure to make it transmit only to the communicator that Samia had on her, not make it a fleet wide broadcast.

"Sam... I've said I'll come back, that means I'll come back. When all is clear here and we have a few quiet days, we'll talk over everything that troubles us both, okay? Now, let us get back to work before we all are absent choice but to perish in a blaze of glory..."

Caesaris stepped into the lift as its doors slid open with a bing sound and a subtle hiss and it carried her many decks down to the one right above the flight deck.

lethal-pageant