Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: Stargate Special AU OOC Chat and Plots  (Read 1434 times)

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Master Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Cipherhornet18 might someday be a gardener.Cipherhornet18 might someday be a gardener.Cipherhornet18 might someday be a gardener.Cipherhornet18 might someday be a gardener.
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
Re: Stargate Special AU OOC Chat and Plots
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2017, 12:15:37 AM »

So, like Mat Best put it as to why the zombie apocalypse failed in the movie Range 15, "Thanks, Global War on Terror!"
 :lol

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • NG is on the verge of being accepted.NG is on the verge of being accepted.NG is on the verge of being accepted.NG is on the verge of being accepted.NG is on the verge of being accepted.
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2017, 01:01:08 AM »

Ok, so, where do we stand with this?

Maybe we should start on letting people know which char's available for this AU thing.
I'm voting for starting in a small scale and only bring along one or two char to start with and then if the need arises, we could bring in more.

Khnum

• Captain
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • Khnum has an aura about them.Khnum has an aura about them.Khnum has an aura about them.Khnum has an aura about them.Khnum has an aura about them.Khnum has an aura about them.Khnum has an aura about them.Khnum has an aura about them.Khnum has an aura about them.Khnum has an aura about them.
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2017, 01:26:47 AM »

Favorable to Altzek's proposal

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Master Sergeant
  • Cipherhornet18 might someday be a gardener.Cipherhornet18 might someday be a gardener.Cipherhornet18 might someday be a gardener.Cipherhornet18 might someday be a gardener.
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2017, 04:30:18 AM »

Wait, hold up. So, is the general consensus going for the AU invasion idea? I agree with what Altzek said, the invasion's failure is pretty much a forgone conclusion. All throughout the Stargate series, Earth never could bring the full might of even a fraction of one nation's military to bear, and yet they did pretty soundly beat the Goa'uld in the end, with only Anubis being the worst threat. If they invade Earth, the initial shock will do some damage, but after that, they're going to come up short against the global powers.

I think what we need here is a twist of some kind, because otherwise this is going to get messy fast when the Goa'uld lose their momentum, especially if it starts maybe getting heated among players. I was initially going to point out how closely this was sounding like Stargate Continuum, when I realized that might be for the better as an opening. Why not a different era, someone attempting to use Ba'al's plan but rather than just destroy the gate and wait 80 years, just invade Earth at that time. How they tweak the plan is where we can have a twist.

One possibility is that they arrange to find the gate before Professor Langford in Giza, or have it found, which could lead to the Goa'uld invading during World War One. Not only do they stand a good chance of success, they may find that some of the crumbling empires are quite desperate to hold onto their power and will forge alliances with even the Devil to remain in control.

Another is that they strike around World War Two, after maybe stealing it off of the freighter Achilles instead of sinking the ship. The scales are titled more to Earth's favor, but as in Harry Turtledove's series where aliens invaded Earth during World War Two, humanity is more interested in taking the tech for themselves than anything else. Deceit and chaos may go a long way for the Goa'uld here.

The next option would be in the early decades of the Cold War, perhaps even in the 60s like the episode of SG1. Humanity has military power in spades, but they're teetering on the apocalypse, and that may work well in the favor of the Goa'uld. I mean, you could go as far as the 80s, since otherwise, you get into the 90s and the whole affair is moot and starts interfering with the movie and Season 1 worse than usual.

As for the humans, we can work in a way where they end up being able to go back in time to try and stop the Goa'uld, which then plays into what NG said and we can then plausibly limit the number of characters people bring. Similar to how Mitchell, Carter, and Jackson were able to avoid the effects of Ba'al's plan and go back to stop him.

Khnum

• Captain
  • Khnum has an aura about them.Khnum has an aura about them.Khnum has an aura about them.Khnum has an aura about them.Khnum has an aura about them.Khnum has an aura about them.Khnum has an aura about them.Khnum has an aura about them.Khnum has an aura about them.Khnum has an aura about them.
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2017, 04:48:09 AM »

A plot could also cover the return of the Nazis from the planet Himmel on Earth. The latter have access to Goa'uld technology and have implemented it on a large scale. The invasion of the earth led by the Nazi jaffa troops, a goa'uld fuhrer, could also be a hypothesis.

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Master Sergeant
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2017, 04:51:51 AM »

I just looked up Himmel, and there's a problem. Stargate Continuum retconned the entire existence of Himmel because the gate was sent on the Achilles to the US in 1939 to keep the Nazis from getting to it.

Altzek

• Staff Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • Altzek Thumb turning green.Altzek Thumb turning green.
  • No
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2017, 05:09:20 AM »

A plot could also cover the return of the Nazis from the planet Himmel on Earth. The latter have access to Goa'uld technology and have implemented it on a large scale. The invasion of the earth led by the Nazi jaffa troops, a goa'uld fuhrer, could also be a hypothesis.

I had to look this up and nah, space nazis are soooo overdone...

Shadowlord

• Sin Bin
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • Shadowlord is on the verge of being accepted.Shadowlord is on the verge of being accepted.Shadowlord is on the verge of being accepted.Shadowlord is on the verge of being accepted.Shadowlord is on the verge of being accepted.
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2017, 05:54:43 AM »

So which Goa'uld were people thinking of leading this invasion?..
I suppose I would be happy enough to figure RP the big main bad guy if nobody else wants to as well as a Tau'ri character of some sort.

I rather not do the space nazi thing either tbh cause I don't think it is that scary really.
I think WW1 is interesting since Wonder Woman just basically did that and WW2 would be good too. Cold War is a bit meh for me to be honest cause I feel it's a bit too modern to shake things up enough.

If we have Ra dead still then we could be left with a few options and I do feel picking which Goa'uld does matter largely since they are different in many ways.
Apothis has been pretty done to death but if you'd want we could just have Hathor wake up and start her own mini empire on Earth which I could see being much fun. Could do the same with Osiris and Isis but would personally not see it working with Seth unless he had some sort of cloning tech for gaining new symbiotes.

I could see Vritra working as kind of like Apothis but with some differences and a bit more small scale.

Might I suggest Coatlicue? That could be pretty cool I think with the backstory and the Aztec influence.

Teddy

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Teddy Thumb turning green.Teddy Thumb turning green.
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2017, 06:10:28 AM »

If you are going with gould, then give a quick synopsis and the name of the said gould and i will put their name on a poll   and people can decide which one they want, does that seem fair?

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Master Sergeant
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2017, 06:47:55 AM »

I don't think we should all be playing Goa'uld, if that's what you meant. As far as far as the question of who's running it, why bring in more characters? Don't we have plenty of System Lords being played to pick from there?

Again, I think the best idea is to avoid creating new characters for just this if we can help it, just bring in existing ones as we can, since as I said, we can easily work in both sides being brought into the time we decide on.

Khnum

• Captain
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2017, 07:31:39 AM »

And if, after the death of Ra, the forces of System Lord Yu succeeded in claiming full control of the deceased Supreme System Lord's territory, taking over the jade ruler, the succession of the Goa'uld empire. In this case Yu would be the opposite of tau'rì, coming to attack them in mass and taking the ground under his control. The plot would start just like that :D

Shadowlord

• Sin Bin
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • Shadowlord is on the verge of being accepted.Shadowlord is on the verge of being accepted.Shadowlord is on the verge of being accepted.Shadowlord is on the verge of being accepted.Shadowlord is on the verge of being accepted.
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2017, 07:37:15 AM »

I can do a quick list and send it to you if that's what everybody agrees they want.

And no us Goa'uld rpers got the Goa'uld side of things I figured the rest of you would want to be Tau'ri characters. Cipher are you suggesting we take our current characters back in time instead? How exactly do you see that happening? Like are we talking about taking a Ha'tak back in time or just a few troops? If you have something in mind can you be a bit more specific on what you are considering.

I'll wait to see what people's replies are.

Khnum

• Captain
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2017, 07:42:40 AM »

At that time Khnum still possesses the full empire, one could do, part of the characters I have them now, only 20 years before :yes:

Teddy

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Teddy Thumb turning green.Teddy Thumb turning green.
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2017, 07:45:08 AM »

This is going to be Gould v Tauri plot ?
So you need when and  where ?
Then you need charries, who have we in Gould and who in Tauri  who will come over?

Khnum

• Captain
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2017, 07:46:40 AM »

Meanwhile we have to be all agreed, I did not understand how the story will be about ... :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11