Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: New Plot Concept  (Read 1016 times)

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 56
  • Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
New Plot Concept
« on: July 02, 2014, 05:47:24 AM »

This is a story line plot I cam up with a while ago, but it took me ages to send it to Mel and her Mother who fixed my poor spelling and grammar. So yeah here goes.

A New Twist, back to the future as Stargate Command resumes exploration.

Recently, during one her many sessions with the bases Doctors and Psychologists, purely to see if Cate Hughes was still both sane and knew exactly who she was; under a mild medically induced hypnosis, Cate revealed something she was unaware of when she was awake and conscious.
It was a mysterious gate address that had everyone talking. Six symbols, when the point of origin is added, it lead to the second last address of the Ancient list Jack O’Neill had managed to save all those years ago.

A plan was put in place to send SG12 to investigate, after determining it was safe by MALP, the team was sent through with several other teams placed on standby for any needed backup. On arrival, SG12 found a reasonably fertile world, semi temperate with broad sweeping plains and deep forested fringes
on the horizon.  Nothing remarkable. It was at that point the team’s leader Major Fred Rivers decided they should split in two so that a reasonable search could be done as quickly as possible; some three hours later a mound was located which appeared to be concealing a half buried spire, similar to the main tower of Atlantis, but perhaps more akin in design to the centre structure of the ship known as Destiny.

Basic elements in expanding the plot.

The team explores the facility further, finding operating transporters and a control chair. Major Rivers would try to use it, and in doing so, locate a ZPM, which is almost depleted, giving only basic functions.  But what they do find is a map display showing locations of other towers, Puddle Jumper storage facilities and hopefully other useful Lantean technology. A call would be placed back to the SGC to have either McKay or someone else of a scientific mind to return. Aerial surveys are done with the Puddle Jumpers and locate another tower with yet another ZPM. This one is at least still having around fifty percent or so of its fully charged state left.

This second ZPM is removed, but the team still thinks there may be more and another Tower is located. When they arrive, they find that the Ancients made what could be second generation ZPM’s. They were possibly intended to be more powerful than the original ZPM’s, so due to this they build an automated defence system. In short the team gets into the centre of the tower,  they then manage to get one of these newer ZPM’s; yet when they do it causes a lot of problems for them. (unknown at this point) Basically when they do get away they only have the first ZPM they had,  plus one other they stole from a R and D lab that the ancients used to work on the 2nd Gen ZPM’s, neither of these are fully charged, but they will allow any ship they are plugged into a short time at their full capability or prolonged periods of slight improvement.

Flamelord

• Captain
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Flamelord is looked down upon.
  • Genius Extraordinaire
Re: New Plot Concept
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 07:43:19 AM »

I was under the impression that the Arcturus Project was supposed to be better than ZPM's. I mean, just talking theoretically, how do you make a mk 2 of a device that draws power from a pocket universe. Also,  doesn't this essentially give us three more city ships,  or are they just the tower part and not really anything else?
"Well, let me see. We've got slow death, quick death, painful death, cold, lonely death...."

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!Bowsy 112 is leading the good life!
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 07:58:17 AM »

They are just the towers and the idea is after they abandoned Pegasus they could only bring a limited about of ZPM's so they attempt to make a Mk 2 (Not sure of the science thing.)
When they came to the milky way they couldn't replicate the Arcturus Project so had to come up with an alternative.

The idea is think about the central spire of Atlantis but with the black, dark steam punk sort of design of Destiny.

(I think Destiny was built in the milky way so when they come back after abandoning Atlantis they revert to that sort of technology.)

Like I said I dont know the science

Flamelord

• Captain
  • Genius Extraordinaire
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 08:09:58 AM »

Ah, okay.

But as the guys who made ZPM's in the first place, they can always just manufacture more. 3 kept up a forcefield for 10,000 years or so under crushing water pressure, so they still have a stupid amount of power.

Also,  I don't mind the design stuff, but they would actually be more advanced,  since after returning from Pegasus,  it was next stop Ascension.

Maybe, what if instead they find a ZPM production facility, which would naturally be plagued with a million issues besides the defense system of mini drones.
"Well, let me see. We've got slow death, quick death, painful death, cold, lonely death...."

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 91
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 08:25:28 AM »

I don't know all the details either, but this sounds like it could be a very fun plot.

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2014, 09:39:00 AM »

But as the guys who made ZPM's in the first place, they can always just manufacture more. 3 kept up a forcefield for 10,000 years or so under crushing water pressure, so they still have a stupid amount of power.

Well I did some maths for this 3 ZPM's held a forcefield by being rotated to work one at a time meaning one ZPM lasts about 3,333.333r (And you keep going in to the decimal places but thats stupid maths that we dont need to go in to for this.) and these towers are not of an Identical design they are different and basically my idea was one ZPM in the first tower they go to has been consistently running sensors to A detect when somebody enters the tower and keeping up a link to the other towers on this planet. So in theory it should actually be depleted by this time.

and the problem with Building new ZPM's is that they dont have the facilities to do soat least not to the same specification

Also,  I don't mind the design stuff, but they would actually be more advanced,  since after returning from Pegasus,  it was next stop Ascension.

Right this is the thing they don't have the resources they did in Pegasus, they don't have all of the assembly lines and construction machines needed to build the more advanced stuff. They would, atleast for a while, be forced to go back to there Pre Pegusis style. (I chose destiny style

Maybe, what if instead they find a ZPM production facility, which would naturally be plagued with a million issues besides the defense system of mini drones.

My origional Idea for the defence system was like looked like the Moniters from the Haloe series like guilty spark.

Flamelord

• Captain
  • Genius Extraordinaire
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2014, 10:02:42 AM »

I see, and I get that, but they were in the Milky Way after Pegasus for a couple thousand years at least. So unless this place was built remarkably close to when they left Atlantis, in which case they would have at least part of a tech base to work from, then they would have what they need to make more ZPMs.

I don't really mind the Destiny style being used, though it may actually be a bit far back (Given that it's a level of technology less advanced than what they had when they went to Pegasus, in the midst of a major plague and all). But I'm willing to overlook that as aesthetics

But they have mini drones, which can detect and track a target on their own and were presumably used for high value installations, so why would they need Halo-esque Monitors? Especially considering the experiences they've had with AI (You know, the Asurans being a failure that they wiped off the face of the galaxy and all)

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Staff-Team A new starter.
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2014, 01:26:31 PM »

Definitely an interesting plot idea, but there are definitely some logistic kinks that need working out.

Why not first generation ZPM's instead? Obviously the existing ones work quite well. It would stand to reason that they've tried several types before they got to where they are. I see them being similar to our computers in the process; giant machines that filled an entire building and then refined to what we have now. That way, the Destiny design will be much more plausible. Remember, the style goes Destiny, SG-1, Stargate Atlantis. And anything made with the most recent technology would override anything older (as in the Midway Station Gates; Rodney had to write a workaround so that the Pegasus gate wouldn't override the Milky Way gate all the time).

Oh, and they had to build Atlantis in the Milky Way in the first place.

Also, the Spires; is it part of another Atlantis-type city? Because if so, there's no need for each tower to have their own ZPM's; the city is run on three of them in one place. And it doesn't make sense to have several spires be separate buildings, really.

So here's what I'm thinking:

Everything that leads up to finding the planet works for me. The city itself is a Destiny-era city, about a quarter the size of Atlantis (perhaps the first city like it?). The team finds a lab where they did the ZPM research and the city is run on the original power source they had - this could explain multiple modules in various parts of the city; like the Naquadah generators being in multiple locations of Atlantis. They bring in a few more teams just to cover everything, including the team in the PJ (total of three teams). The lead scientist starts looking into the research, hoping to gain insight and maybe learn how to did create the existing ZPM's. But the research isn't there because they abandoned the site after a disastrous event similar to the Arcturus Project (dealing with vaccuum space can be ... explosive) which is what cause the city to become buried and 75% of the systems to not work properly.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 249
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2014, 09:27:20 PM »

Great comments everyone!  :yes: Without even ruining Bowsy's idea hardly at all. Now this is what I can truly say is working as a team. So, can we make something of this? You betcha we can. Hopefully we'll have it all nutted out by the time the Dread gets back from wherever it ends up :D
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2014, 05:48:38 AM »

Well originally I thought, you know, they took all these things to Pegusus, (Like all the cool big citys and all the other production facalities.) when they come back there are non of these things around, nothing to build like starting again so they would have to restart.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 249
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2014, 06:49:24 PM »

To clear up a little misconception, mostly from me and I guess everyone else. Bowsy's concept is essentially that some Lantean's returing to the MW, and not yet of course ascended; had to by virtue of limited resources and a need for speed, implement a rapid build of newer cheaper ZPM's. Hence the mkII version is not quite as powerful or efficient as the original. Which also suits our purpose of keeping away from God Modding. If found, and as he said it would only be 2 or 3 of them, it would give us an extra boost for either ship or base, but not in the realms of being OTT :D
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Staff-Team

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Staff-Team A new starter.
  • I think, thus I am.
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2014, 11:29:55 AM »

Bowsy, from what I understood from the show, they only took Atlantis with them (as evidence by Proclarush Teonas) and built anything they had in Pegasus with what was there (as evidence in ... uh .. several episodes where they said they used what was on the planets to build whatever they built). So all the stuff they built on Earth/MY would still be there, which makes far more sense for it to still be the Destiny era design.

Rogue, that definitely does make more sense, however, it makes more sense that they would have developed the ZMP's in the MY way in the first place, so there would definitely be a facility somewhere where they did the research on them. It honestly seems more likely to me that they wouldn't backtrack since they already have something that works. They did, after all, take a lot of stuff with them when they returned to Earth, so there's no reason to believe that they didn't bring ZPM's with, enough to last until they could make more if needed.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 84
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2014, 05:24:06 PM »

Just to make it more feasible, as I would hate to see a good idea get shot down too early in the piece. Lets think of it in this light; we know the Lantean's were factionalised, the Ori attest to that fact. We could well make the assumption that quite possibly we have found yet another division of them, somewhat struggling for the advancements the other two made.

Flamelord

• Captain
  • Genius Extraordinaire
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2014, 05:35:15 PM »

Just to make it more feasible, as I would hate to see a good idea get shot down too early in the piece. Lets think of it in this light; we know the Lantean's were factionalised, the Ori attest to that fact. We could well make the assumption that quite possibly we have found yet another division of them, somewhat struggling for the advancements the other two made.

You mean the Alterans. The Lanteans were pretty unified as far as we can tell. And if this is a division, they'd have had to originate after the Ancient's went to Pegasus.

Actually, that is an idea. Okay, so these ruins are the remnants of Ancients. Specifically, a small group of Ancients who volunteered to stay behind and make sure the Dakaran Superweapon did it's job (Reseeding life in the galaxy after it all got killed by the plague the Ancients fled from, if you choose to believe that Anubis wasn't lying about that). Then they just kinda hung around, built stuff, and died out. Which explains why they didn't do anything about the Goa'uld Empire, and why we don't see anything else that looks like theirs. Maybe they all died from the plague too.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 05:44:01 PM by Flamelord »

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 84
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2014, 05:40:57 PM »

Yes those. Now, that makes perfect sense to me.
Pages: [1] 2 3

lethal-pageant