Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Atlantis: Research Laboratory E - Doctor M. Olofsson  (Read 3121 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 243
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Atlantis: Research Laboratory E - Doctor M. Olofsson
« on: July 28, 2014, 12:08:34 AM »

| Entering this lab finds you in the main research area where there are many tables and desks with computers and paperwork. There are two sub-labs to the rear right and left of the main lab. To the right is the isolation and processing room where all new species are held for preliminary research. Once they have been determined safe, they are moved to the less security lab on the left.

At the front right of the room is a door leading to Doctor Olofsson's office |
Subsections:
- Rear Left, Main Containment Lab
- Rear, Isolation/Processing Lab
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 06:52:57 PM by Mandi »
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
Re: Research Laboratory E - Doctor M. Olofsson
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 08:35:19 PM »

<<From Cafeteria>>

No fuss, no pack drill. That was Melinda's motto, one which she kept rigorously to. She could spend hours in her lab, content with the few species she had collected, which consisted of a few strange fish in a tank and one native rodent from the mainland. For the most part, once she had found out as much as she could from a speciman, she returned them to whence they came, if possible. Today, she had no time to even looking at them, knowing they had been fed and taken care of for the next little while, she went straight to her office, which doubled as her sleeping quarters more often than not; grabbed her large off world pack and was out of there before anyone knew she was around.

The conversation she had earlier with Juliet, was refreshing and she kept that in her mind as she headed back to the gateroom; the only weapon she carried was her side arm, apart from a tranquiliser gun unassembled in her pack.

<<To Gate Room>>

« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 02:50:20 AM by RogueRanger »
Far Dareis Mai

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
Re: Atlantis: Research Laboratory E - Doctor M. Olofsson
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 02:53:41 AM »

<<From Dreadnought>>

It was running all the way back from the ship, Mel was so eager to see what her parents had sent her on that USB thumb, plus she was still feeling the excitement of meeting Carson for the first time. Yet no sooner had she returned, that Teyla had humbly asked her if she would mind watching Torren again for a while. Of course she didn't mind, though it would have to be in her lab now as she had work to  do as well. "Its not a problem Teyla, I would love to. Can you bring him to my lab on your way to the Gate room?"
Far Dareis Mai

Ellie Maloney

• Recruit
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Ellie Maloney A new starter.
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 08:58:11 AM »

*Radio from Teyla's quarters.

"Sure, I'm on my way. Thanks!" Replied Teyla over the radio.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 04:25:00 PM by RogueRanger »
"Your planet has some truly strange rituals.'

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2016, 02:39:25 AM »

"See you in a little bit then Teyla. I'll make sure everything is safely secured."
She knew Teyla would understand her meaning, little boys, even little Athosian boys had a habit of sticking their fingers in places they didn't belong. So after replying, Mel set about locking cages, putting dangerous sharp objects out of harms way and generally tidying up.
Far Dareis Mai

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2016, 01:30:16 AM »

The air door hissed open catching Melinda off guard, she spun around with that typical surprised look on her face, a smudge of dust on both her nose and cheek. "That was fast Teyla." She said without blinking, pretending she was unfazed. Mel reached out for Torren who happily exchanged Mums.

"Meleeee." He murmured softly, then immediately snuggled into her neck.

"Well I can again I made the right choice Melinda and please forgive me for the intrusion. I don't like putting this onto you but.." She stopped as Mel held up one hand.

"Teyla, I owe you, a lot. Besides, with your darling boy, who could resist. Now go on, be safe and hurry back." She leaned over Torren's head to kiss her friend on the cheek.

Teyla smiled brightly, she had the best baby sitter here. She gave Torren a peck on the forehead which brought a giggle from the boy.

"Catch Wraith Mummy?" She inquired.

"No Torren, not this time. I must go, take care my friend and Torren, you will be good won't you?"

"Yeha. With Mummy two now..." He giggled again, grabbing a long strand of Mel's hair tightly, which made her wince.

"Go Teyla, you know how impatient Colonel Sheppard gets when he is waiting." Mel all but pushed Teyla towards the door.

With another happy smile, Teyla took the hint easily. She was on her way in seconds.

<<Teyla To Gate Room>>
Far Dareis Mai

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2016, 01:39:22 PM »

*radio*
“Olofsson, Jaworski. Over.”

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2016, 11:37:43 PM »

Since Teyla had left which was only a few minutes, Mel and Torren didn't take long to get into the rough and tumble. For a three year old he was quite strong, obviously Teyla had allowed him to spend some time with Ronon at some point. Typically as with all kids from anywhere in the Universe there was tickling, a lot of it in the space of a few moments and it wasn't Melinda who had started it; she was a little more placid in that direction. More than once she had to move his hand away as with all little boys, their tickling little hands strayed where they weren't supposed to. He took in in good spirit though and the two of them were laughing and giggling as Mel's radio went off. "Hey stop it..." That wasn't supposed to go over the waves, but it did along with more laughter. "S..sorry Mike. I've got Tor....Torren with me. Do you need me?" She did manage to get the last bit out.
Far Dareis Mai

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.NG has an aura about them.
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2016, 01:53:12 AM »

*radio*

"Sounds like I should be asking you the same question!"... "But no, no worries. I'm good. Look, I'm sorry, but I got drafted to your infirmary for a... shall we say sort of a consultation, so I'm going to be stuck here for a little while."
...  "I'll let you know when I'm done here, ok?"

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2016, 11:36:56 PM »

Mel had a moment of respite from the little tiger when he decided that her computer would be fun to play with. She had set it such a way that whenever he tapped the keys it would bring up short animated clips of animals back home on Earth. She sat him on the stool with a cushion, leaving him there to happily ooh and aah at the screen. "Sounds like fun you're having Mike. If it is anything urgent you or Jennifer need me for, don't hesitate okay?" She could use some rest though, having Torren here might help as she could put him to sleep any time soon.
Far Dareis Mai

NG

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2016, 03:26:06 PM »

*radio*

“I promise I’ll call you if disaster strikes Mel. Jaworski out,”
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 03:51:02 PM by NG »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2016, 12:36:38 AM »

Mel made sure she had one eye on Sorren while she spoke, the little tyke was very adaptive, very smart and given time she knew it wouldn't take him long to find a way to actually start doing something on her laptop other than look at pretty pictures. At some point she knew she'd have to do something related to work, but for now she was committed to looking after the boy, she hoped Woolsey didn't mind. Or Jennifer for that matter, being her boss and all. "I'll be here Mike; just yell loudly"
Far Dareis Mai

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2017, 12:55:43 AM »

>>From Cafeteria>>

"If ever I get angry Reese, I generally take it out on myself rather than others....unless of course they deserve it." She laughed as they entered the transporter.

It didn't take the two young women to reach the lab area, along their way Mel thought she saw Catherine MacGregor and her new teammate but as they were seemingly in a rush, it was all a blur. Though the Australian's height made Mel confident it was her, the only blonde Aussie that fitted the description was Elle and she knew where she was. On that subject she talked a little before they arrived. "Something I can't figure out. I guess since you have already met both Elle and Commodore MacGregor, what is your take on Australian women? Like I know the Commodore's daughter Cate and one other Aussie from the Alpha site, they all seem to have this hardness to them." She was rambling a little as she did at times. "At the same time that can be as soft as marshmellow yet turn like a viper on a whim? Kind of bizarre isn't it? Maybe its in all that sunshine down under?"
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2017, 08:03:34 AM »

>>From Cafeteria>>

Reese chuckled.  'Well that is good to know.  i still would hate to make you angry."

As they walked along the corridor she noticed two others hurry in the opposite direction.  She couldn't help but wonder where the fire was.  Well, apparently it wasn't anything of her concern and there wasn't anything she could do anyhow.  Reese was surprised by Mel's next question.  She thought about it for a moment before nodding. "It does seem that way.  I know I would not want to be on their bad side.  I would most certainly want them as friends though and ones in my corner in a tight spot." She laughed a bit. "I hadn't thought of it that way before."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2017, 03:10:06 AM »

"Sunburn, it'll do more than kill us Reese." She was joking of course, as a Dane, she wasn't against getting a good tan now and then, in private of course as she wasn't quite as liberal as most of her countrymen and women, her schooling in Britain took care of that.

Walking right into her lab, Mel glanced around quickly at all her cages, everyone of them still locked and secured, especially the larger one holding Melman, Gloria and there two pups. She took Reese directly to them, even though there were so many other lovely creatures to see. She opened the newly made top hatch which wasn't big enough for the adults to get through, reached down to pick up one of the wee puppies, which Gloria was quite used to now. Lifting the little boy out, she handed him to Reese. "This is John, the other is Teyla, I thought it appropriate." She grinned

Far Dareis Mai
Pages: [1] 2 3 4