Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Atlantis: Research Laboratory E - Doctor M. Olofsson  (Read 2904 times)

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
Re: Atlantis: Research Laboratory E - Doctor M. Olofsson
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2017, 08:16:01 AM »

Reese rolled her eyes with a laugh. 'Burn is about all I do when out in the sun," she said.  Blonde hair and fair skin certainly didn't help her get a tan.  Oh well, she had figured out how to get around that.

Reese looked around Mel's lab in awe.  If she worked here she wasn't sure if she would ever come out.  She loved animals and there were so many here she just wanted to cuddle them all.  She managed to keep her hands in front of her though as she followed Mel. "Oh my gosh," she crooned, cuddling the baby in her arms.  "They are so cute!  And I love the names."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 226
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2017, 01:54:26 AM »

Taking off her base jacket to leave just a T shirt, Melinda got straight down to business. "John Sheppard did not agree, although Teyla was quite how do you say? Tickled about it? To be honest Reese it wasn't even my idea, as I recall I believe it was one of the other base staff, Amelia from the gate room. I could be wrong, I don't dwell much on little details like that."

She went to what amounted to the kitchen area of her lab where she prepared food for her animals, taking out a ready prepared formula bottle, then placed in the microwave. "I need to bottle feed each of them in turn as Gloria refuses to feed both together, its a little juggling act but we get through alright." *ping* The microwave had finished its cycle, Mel took it out then splashed a little of the liquid on the back of her hand, it was perfect. Taking it over to Reese she then guided her over to what was nothing more than a very comfortable sofa chair Melinda had somehow managed to acquire for her own use. "You'll have to sit for this, so I'll take Gizmo off your hands for you. While you're feeding John boy, I can show you how to worm her properly. We should also give her a bath, has she been bathed before?" Many owners generally let their cats do their own washing, although with domestic cats who spend a lot of time indoors, the cats themselves tend to get a little lazy on that score.
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2017, 08:32:50 AM »

Reese laughed a bit.  "Judging by the couple of times that I have seen him in passing I am not at all surprised.  It still seems like a good name though and they are so cute."  Reese was surprised to hear that Gloria wouldn't feed both of her babies at the same time.  She had just thought that was a natural instinct.  Apparently not.

Reese was even more surprised as Mel guided her to a couch and handed over the bottle while Mel took Gizmo.  Of course Gizmo didn't seem to mind as the cat started to purr and rub against Mel. "Must say, this will be a first for me," she said, smiling down at John before moving the bottle to where she could feed him properly.

Reese shook her head. 'She's had a couple.  Not her favorite thing, but she usually puts up with it as long as I don't give her a long bath."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2017, 02:34:32 AM »

A soft smile broke out on Melinda's face when she began relating a little 'info' on John Sheppard. "He has a 'certain' reputation to uphold Reese. Do you know what the 'Kirk' syndrome is?" She asked, ready to share the local folk lore with her newly found friend. "Besides I think it is a strong name anyway. I would be very honored if someone named such a lovely creature as these after me, although they do have a couple of small flaws." Reese would find out soon enough; though Mel could only be so happy that 'John' had taken to the bottle resting in Reese's gentle arms so naturally. "You're good at that." She said.

Then it was Gizmo. A perfect kitty in Mel's mind, placed without a hint of aggression. So that would make it  so much easier. Being in a far away galaxy was no barrier either, for even though the base itself only began taking (or allowing) animals in the last 7 months, Melinda's job was more geared towards the people off world she helped. That being simple pharmaceuticals like worming syrup wasn't an issue; proven by the small bottle and eyedropper she had in her hand. "This formula is slightly sweetish, they will in fact like it, though not always at first. The best way is to treat them as you would a kitten, turn her on her back, resting in the crook of your opposite arm." She did so, Gizmo was almost smiling a cat smile, more so when Mel tickled her under the chin. While she did that, the eyedropper was in the corner of the cat's mouth very quickly before Gizmo even noticed, it was down her throat even quicker and she kept on purring. "Like that."
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2017, 08:21:42 AM »

Reese looked up from feeding little John who she really just wanted to cuddle with.  "He does?  Ah, no I haven't.  Or at least I don't recall hearing anyone mention that." There were still lots of things to learn.  Reese raised a brow.  "Small flaws?'  She didn't know much about the creature she fed except how cute they were.  "Thank you.  It's fun."

Reese was shocked as Gizmo didn't give Mel one lick of trouble.  A smile touched her lips.  Leave it to Gizmo to not care about anything. "You just made that look way too easy," she laughed.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2017, 02:09:48 AM »

"I've only been here seven months, but in that time and my time back at the SGC I took it upon myself to read up as much as I could concerning mission files with all the lead teams." By the time Mel had said that lot, her face was beaming. "If you're familar with Star Trek you'll know that Captain Kirk had a certain affiliation with 'alien' women. Almost every second episode he was courting some cool chick from another world. John's record is pretty much the same in that context." Then she started giggling, not too much but enough to enhance what she said. Then a deep breath. "With these little critters, both male and female, if you don't watch out and have them running loose, one of their favorite pastimes is humping. They will grab you by the leg, standing on their hinds and go for it as if you're going to be their next mate, its hilarious but embarrassing at the same time."

She placed Gizmo on the floor to let her wander a little. "Well there is a trick to it. Did you notice how when I was tickling her under the chin, I had her lower jaw firmly grasped in two fingers so it would stay open. She won't mind as she's too busy thinking she's being pampered; but you have to be quick, don't let her get uncomfortable." Bath time was next, but they could wait a while.
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2017, 08:12:55 AM »

Reese started laughing. "Okay, now I get it," she grinned.  "I hadn't made the connection."  Now she couldn't get that image out of her mind and it would hard to not start laughing at random times.  She raised a brow as Mel told her about the little ones' flaws. "Ah, yeah I can see how that could be funny and embarrassing depending when they get a hold of you.  Reminds me of an old dog I had once.  She didn't seem to know if she was a male or female," she said with an eye roll.

Gizmo stretched and licked a paw before starting to explore her new surroundings.  Reese's blue eyes widened.  "I had noticed you scratching her chin, but didn't think anything of it.  That is very sly.  I see that will take some practice."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2017, 03:06:26 AM »

Both of them were laughing to a point until Melinda's face took on a semi serious tone. "You will see neither Mister Woolsey, McKay, Chuck nor Major Lorne down here Reese; they are the favored species for Melman and Gloria both. Dare I let them run loose again and I believe Woolsey will have me take them back to where I found them." She rested on her chin to relax a little. "Not that I don't intend to do that at some point, though for now I feel safer for them to be here."

"Practice makes perfect, you can do her in a months time." She turned to look at her small 'kitchen', "Coffee or tea?"
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2017, 08:20:18 AM »

Reese looked at Mel in surprise before bursting out laughing.  "Oh dear, I kind of feel bad for them.  I'm sure McKay was not impressed by that at all," she giggled.  She snuggled little John close. "But they are so cute.  How could you not want to be around them?" She nodded a bit.  "I can understand that.  They are still young."

"Sounds good.  I'm sure Giz won't be nearly as cooperative with me."  Reese thought for a minute. "Ooh, that is a hard choice.  I'm thinking coffee right now would be perfect."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2017, 06:51:15 PM »

This was bonding at its best, two young women who had and will be working together for at least the next few years. One of the primary goals of these bonding sessions whether intentional or not, was to get inside each others headspace, knowing how each of them thought or what directions they would take as far as applying to their work. It was a good feeling for Mel at least as she hadn't really bonded all that closely with anyone outside of Jennifer, Ronon and Juliet. A very small circle of friends.

The coffee was that her parents sent to her, not that instant trash (therefore the small espresso machine she had sent to her earlier on) common on the base; real beans from Kenya. After perhaps two minutes of silence, it was ready, she placed two steaming cups on a small tray with a little container of milk the base was now getting from one of their allied worlds. The thought of that was strange for Mel, coming to another galaxy and finding cows, common old cows. But as John said to her, why not? Where humans were, it was likely whoever brought them here had the foresight to bring along livestock as well. A bowl of sugar cubes and she was heading back over to Reese. Sitting down again after placing the tray on a small table, she dragged that across so it was within easy reach for her friend, noting that 'John's' bottle was almost empty. "He'll sleep now, after a bit we can put him back, though in the meantime unless you want a crying baby, I wouldn't move." She slid the tray closer. "How many sugars Reese?" After this Mel thought maybe she could test Reese's courage by getting her to hold one of her baby snakes....or not. That was an evil thought.
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2017, 08:15:44 AM »

Reese was enjoying herself.  Since coming here she hadn't really made any good friends.  Mel was the first real one and she was glad that they at least had a bit in common.  Of course Ruby and Mike had been great, but she knew Ruby wouldn't be staying at Atlantis and now Mike was missing and there was no telling when they would find him.  Right now though she didn't want to think about that.  She just wanted to enjoy the time she had with her new friend.

The smell of freshly brewed coffee had her smiling.  It had been a while since she had had a good cup of coffee.  Reese raised a brow when Mel sat down and mentioned about not moving. "Well, never had kids of my own, but I do know how hard it to quiet a crying baby.  Think I'll take your advice and do my best not to move."  She thought for a moment. "Two sugars please and thank you."  Reese had no idea what wicked plan Mel was thinking.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2017, 11:08:08 PM »

Two plops went into Reese's mug, one into Mel's. Then she realised she had forgotten something. Jumping back up again she went to the sink to reach up in the cupboard above to retrieve a packet of Danish short bread biscuits, much like the Scottish ones only these were the real deal made in a family bakery not far from her parents home. You couldn't buy them in a supermarket. She tore open the pack, placing four on a plate then walked the few steps back again. "You'll enjoy these Reese, in fact the entire base does really." She laughed. "Hence when I'm not here they are under lock and key, although I do have a decent stash of homely things." She looked down in her friends arms, 'John' was fast asleep so they could wait just a little longer. "Best not to. But I've been thinking, since we've known each other for a month now, we should know a little more about each other don't you think?" Leaving it open, hopefully Reese would start as it took a while for Melinda to open up, it was a slow process for her.
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2017, 05:07:54 PM »

Reese raised a brow as Mel jumped back to her feet like she had been kicked.  A smile touched her lips though when saw what Mel grabbed.  "Those look yummy.  I don’t blame you for keeping them under lock and key." Reese would probably do the same thing.

Reese was careful not to move as she didn't want to wake John and make him mad.  She nodded a bit.  "True enough.   What would you like to know?"

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2017, 11:38:31 PM »

"Worth more than caviar and truffles together here Reese. Both of those things are plentiful in this galaxy, but real short bread no, not even our chef can make them like this and he is good." Well he has tried, even one of Melinda's mother's recipes and though he did well, there was no replacing the originals. After all those people had been running that little shop and bakery for many generations going back to the early 1800s. They had to be doing it right.

"Hmmm." Mel thought for a moment. "Well I was born in Copenhagen...." She grinned back at Reese, knowing the two of them were going to get on really well.
Far Dareis Mai

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2017, 08:33:09 AM »

Reese was shocked by that.  "Really?  Never cared for cavier but this short bread is amazing," she said, taking a bite of hers.  "It is no wonder that these are in high demand and you have to keep them under lock and key," she grinned.  She wondered why it seemed so hard to reproduce the short bread here.  Of course she wasn't a baker so who knew.

Reese looked up at her new friend.  "Really?  That must have been amazing."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

lethal-pageant