Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Do you think Sam and Jack should be married?  (Read 2642 times)

Rex O-Connor

Do you think Sam and Jack should be married?
« on: August 07, 2014, 07:40:59 PM »

Just my question? Should Sam and Jack be married in the show?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 09:07:37 PM by Robert Laurel »

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
Re: do u think Sam an Jack shud be marrid?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 07:45:26 PM »

:fp

Im gonna jump in there go grammar Nazi for a minute. Marrid should be Married. Shud should be well should. Gosh...

Anyways, my answer is no. Realistically...no. Something about fraternization. So, no... :poke
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Flamelord

• Captain
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Flamelord A new starter.
  • Genius Extraordinaire
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 07:47:10 PM »

Short answer yes, long answer yes. They did everything short of flat out saying it, and the rest of Carter's love interests kept dying, so it's kinda impossible for it to not happen. Hell, we changed military regs in the RP on this site just so it could happen.
"Well, let me see. We've got slow death, quick death, painful death, cold, lonely death...."

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2014, 07:57:15 PM »

I suppose since they had the longest relationship with him being her superior. I mean, if Sam was a doctor as a Civilian, I guess I could be saying alright, yes! But it only happened in the alternate reality man...
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 208
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2014, 08:04:04 PM »

I was thinking of editing his post, but I won't :fp

From my perspective personally yes. I think the US fraternisation rules are stupid; I'm not sure if they have changed with the times either. But here in Australia and in fact most other countries, generally, marriages between ranks are very common. :)

We did to :D To that point, Sam is six months pregnant  <3
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Ares

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2014, 09:07:15 PM »

A) The frat rules are not 'stupid', they're set in place to protect people.  Look at what happened to Sam every time Jack disappeared, or what Jack did when Sam was in trouble. The regulations are in place to prevent officers who's actions, orders or lack there of on both can effect countless lives.  A reckless choice, or hesitation because of feelings and relationships could potentially cost a high price.

B) By the end of the seasons of standard SG1, Jack was into his 50's, if not older than that.  Beyond the fact that they're both still enlisted officers, is how or why she's pregnant.  She was well into her 30's when the show started, so she'd be 45 at the very least by season 8, let alone all the things they went through with damage to the body. 

I understand the need for story, but bending regulations set in place for good reason and upheld for decades just to suit seems a touch excessive.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 208
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: Do you think Sam and Jack should be married?
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2014, 09:11:33 PM »

We had Jack force them to change the rules to be in line with other nations, especially within the SGC. I've just been chatting with a friend on FB, she said the rules are being changed in the US forces now as well. RDA was born in 1950, I think they had his real age much in line with Jack :D
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Flamelord

• Captain
  • Flamelord A new starter.
  • Genius Extraordinaire
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2014, 09:14:46 PM »

Wiki says 1952, just saying.
"Well, let me see. We've got slow death, quick death, painful death, cold, lonely death...."

Maahes

• Second Lieutenant
  • Maahes A new starter.
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2014, 09:16:49 PM »

Can I just point out that the US still refuses to let its soldiers be commanded by anyone other than a US general? The US military doesn't change for the world, the world changes to the US military. See the recent expose on the Green Beret (right?) that brought his lil' piece o' tail into the field on how the US military feels about people co-habitating in the same "office," so to speak. Tbh, Jack was closer to retirement, anyway. Easy solution there.

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2014, 03:28:50 PM »

No they shouldnt be Married. I dont see a point to be honest, they can still be in a relationship and be happy and not be Married.

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • MeredithMcKay Thumb turning green.MeredithMcKay Thumb turning green.
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2014, 06:17:08 PM »

No they shouldnt be Married. I dont see a point to be honest, they can still be in a relationship and be happy and not be Married.
I thought the forbidden part was exactly the relationship, regardless of the marriage...:o

" Just because I was born for a purpose does not mean I have to resign myself to that fate."

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2014, 06:20:31 PM »

I thought the forbidden part was exactly the relationship, regardless of the marriage...:o

Yeah, I had to wrap my mind around that. Didn't make sense. But yeah, it actually depends on the relationship mind you. See, Sam and Jack has a relationship. Its an officer to officer kind of relationship. They have a relationship everytime they go through the gate. That's watching their backs among other things. That's what I think anyways...

Character List

MeredithMcKay

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • MeredithMcKay Thumb turning green.MeredithMcKay Thumb turning green.
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2014, 06:26:44 PM »

Yes, but I don't think that was the kind of relationship Bowsy was talking about.... O:-)

" Just because I was born for a purpose does not mean I have to resign myself to that fate."

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2014, 06:33:26 PM »

Yes, but I don't think that was the kind of relationship Bowsy was talking about.... O:-)

Heh. Not sure I wanna know  :fp

:poke

Character List

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2014, 06:45:10 PM »

I was answering the question, seeing as for some reason we changed the US Military rules for the RP anyway. The question was "Do you think Sam and Jack should be Married?" Im just saying, they shouldnt have to be.
Pages: [1] 2 3