Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Do you think Sam and Jack should be married?  (Read 2629 times)

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 70
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
Re: Do you think Sam and Jack should be married?
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2014, 05:49:13 PM »

I don't think this question really has anything to do with our role play, so lets leave that aside for the moment. Relevant to the question though, my answer is yes, why not? The US military and indeed the US itself has been in the forefront of both gender equality and 'other' subjects relating to personal issues, so why should marriage between the ranks be an issue. I do understand Maahes point about the so called dangers of one person becoming emotionally affected during their service should their spouse be injured or worse. But honestly, how different is that if say, a father is killed and his children are serving? Do we stop all family members enlisting if another is already serving? No we don't.

To take this argument further, how devastated would a serving member be, to come home from an overseas mission, to find their wife or husband has been killed in a road accident?

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2014, 06:21:05 PM »

Fair point, I didnt read the question, it said in the show. but I still dont think they need to be Married, there is very little point to it, how ever this may be because I think that TV needs more couples who dont get Married at the end. As in like adults and family and stuff, (it made more sence in my head.) But Very rarely do you get two characters in a TV show  who start a family and dont get married. (it may be shoes that I watch I dont know.) But still I dont see them being Married as necessary, just as long as they are together.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 206
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2014, 07:45:40 PM »

Kinda defeats your own statement don't it? If they should be together, then why not as a married couple? To be honest, I really don't get it, why would people not want them to be married should be more the question.
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Flamelord

• Captain
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Flamelord A new starter.
  • Genius Extraordinaire
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2014, 07:48:50 PM »

*Shrugs* Whether I think they should or not is kinda irrelevant, since they made it as obvious as they could in the show without explicitly spelling it out for people in big bold letters that they would be hooking up two seconds after Jack retires from the military.
"Well, let me see. We've got slow death, quick death, painful death, cold, lonely death...."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2014, 07:51:53 PM »

Why wait? I mean they should well have hitched up way back. Stuff the military regs. I am pretty sure if you dug deep enough you'd find a lot already married without the military knowing. :P
Far Dareis Mai

Flamelord

• Captain
  • Genius Extraordinaire
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2014, 08:09:58 PM »

Because they care too much about their jobs. Because they don't need to give people like the former Senator Kinsey another excuse to get rid of them if it slips out.
"Well, let me see. We've got slow death, quick death, painful death, cold, lonely death...."

Bowsy 112

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!Bowsy 112 has great potential!
  • If the Day does not require an AK then it is Good.
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2014, 08:13:59 PM »

Kinda defeats your own statement don't it? If they should be together, then why not as a married couple? To be honest, I really don't get it, why would people not want them to be married should be more the question.

My point is, My Parents arnt Married. Im not saying Jack and Sam shouldnt be Married, I just dont see the issue that they need to be married. it dosnt add or take away from a relationship.

That and Jack never seamed the type. (I mean SG-1 Jack, not the original movie jack.) never seamed to be the type to get married. But that's my opnion, and it appears to be the unpopular one.

Because they care too much about their jobs. Because they don't need to give people like the former Senator Kinsey another excuse to get rid of them if it slips out.

This is also a good point, its extra hassle that wouldnt be needed, they could still be together and not be married and it simly cuts down on alot of the un-needed problems.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 70
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2014, 06:21:06 PM »

Simply change the US military laws and bring it into line with the rest of the world. I honestly don't see the issue; but then the US does have a penchant for going against the tide on many issues.

Flamelord

• Captain
  • Genius Extraordinaire
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2014, 06:40:44 PM »

We're still better than Russia.  ::)

Anyway, I'm sure it will be changed, when there is sufficient impetus for change. If nothing has happened for it to come up as an issue, then unless a politician takes it up as a personal crusade, nothing will get done before we, frankly, have bigger issues to worry about and because that's how democracy works. If the public shows no interest, nothing happens.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2014, 08:28:29 PM »

I guarantee you most of the American public don't even know that ridiculous rule exists :P
Far Dareis Mai

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2014, 08:41:14 PM »

*innocent look*

What rule are we talking about  O:-)

:poke
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Flamelord

• Captain
  • Genius Extraordinaire
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2014, 08:42:02 PM »

I don't think the Australian has the right to guarantee what most of the American public does or doesn't know.  :P

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2014, 11:55:13 PM »

You do know I have dual citizenship don't you :P
Far Dareis Mai

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.DanielRyder has an aura about them.
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2014, 12:00:50 AM »

Wow, who knew an inactive young member with the inability to even speak or write proper English turns this into a non-stop hot topic. :fp

I applaud him. In fact, I should add a karma for him... :poke
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2014, 12:12:20 AM »

I chatted with him yesterday. He said he'd try and get back if he could, he has a problem with broadband usage or data speed or somesuch nonesense. He tried to log in with his mobile and gave up :fp I also told him, since he was unemployed to go back to school :lol:
Far Dareis Mai
Pages: 1 [2] 3