Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Do you think Sam and Jack should be married?  (Read 3405 times)

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
Re: Do you think Sam and Jack should be married?
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2014, 12:14:22 AM »

Sometimes I wonder how these people even have access to a computer  :fp

He deserves a Karma point tho... :poke
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 244
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2014, 12:59:17 AM »

I wonder that myself. You have a dirt poor family and yet they still can pay for mobiles and internet :fp
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Zathras

• Airman First Class
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Zathras A new starter.
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2014, 11:01:33 AM »

Kind of just jumping in here...but yes... I think they want to be and should be allowed to be.  I hate all that nonsense about two people in a relationship not being allowed to serve together.  I think that people that do serve together become very emotionally attached as friends anyway (not romantically or sexual) so how is it any different? 
"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." -- Marcus to Franklin in Babylon 5:"A Late Delivery from Avalon"

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2014, 04:52:29 PM »

A well deserved Karma for that Zathras. You took the words out of my mouth.

MalkaBeth

• Recruit
  • MalkaBeth A new starter.
  • Infinite Diversity in infinite Combinations
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2015, 11:45:35 PM »

Yes- they should be. To one degree or another every other rule has in at least one way already been broken. They're both older now but that doesn't mean they can't finally get what they both deserve a marriage and a family together.
It's not the years in your life that matter, it's the life in your years!

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2015, 12:07:54 AM »

In the Aussie military, you have been allowed inter service marriages since the 70's. I think the US is way behind on this, I still don't think they have changed the rules.
Far Dareis Mai

Teddy

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Captain
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.Teddy is on the verge of being accepted.
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2015, 01:50:30 PM »

Yes, they deserve to be happy ;)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 01:52:56 PM by Red »

MalkaBeth

• Recruit
  • MalkaBeth A new starter.
  • Infinite Diversity in infinite Combinations
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2015, 12:03:43 AM »

Yes definitely and let h retire permanently and her take 10-15 years away so that they can have a family together. At this point we're probably talking about adoption but they adore eachother and seem to enjoy the presence of children.
It's not the years in your life that matter, it's the life in your years!

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2015, 12:15:37 AM »

I've always held to the belief that some military rules (in many countries) are counter productive. For two high ranking officers to be married, especially now given the ages they are, what harm does it do the service for them to be married? Its not like either of them now are likely to be sent to a war zone and if we're talking about the stargate being here on Earth, say if it were real, everyone is under as much threat as those serving with the SGC.
Far Dareis Mai

elflord

• Airman First Class
  • elflord A new starter.
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2015, 03:14:59 PM »

In one time line I think that they mite be married?  there was an episode where SG1 go back in time to ancient Egypt to get a ZPM from Ra. and end up starting  the rebellion  which caused the Burying of the stargate and I think they get stuck there in the past. this is when I think when jack and sam mite have got married.  :uncertain:
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 07:13:54 AM by elflord »

Nerdlover

• Senior Airman
  • Nerdlover A new starter.
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2015, 01:55:37 PM »

OK here is my opinion and I know I won't make friends like this but....

No, and it has nothing to do with regulations.

It was clear they were very much in love, however they put all of that aside because they felt their work at the SGC was far more important. I felt that the show was actually better for this as well. I watch Bones and Castle as well and I really feel like the shows lost something when the main characters got together. I almost respected them more because they put aside their feelings for the good of the galaxy. I do  however wish that Jack was in the "Unending" episode, it would have been nice to see them enjoy their life together, even if they were stuck on that ship.

I do however believe that once Jack retired they did get together and likely got married. I  don't know if they had/adopted kids or not as I feel they would be content with just enjoying each others company without a constant threat over their heads.

"Ohana Means family. Family means nobody gets left behind, or forgotten."
--Stitch

Also the Stargate philosophy...

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2015, 02:13:11 PM »

Well that's usually what happens when shows run too long to about seven seasons and above. And then there's peer pressure from the fans screaming for certain characters to be shipped until the writers give in and make them married. Thats what happened to the Castle couple. Could have happened with both Sam and Jack.
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Nerdlover

• Senior Airman
  • Nerdlover A new starter.
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2015, 03:38:20 PM »

Yeah Definitely as Damned if you do Damned if you don't thing.

"Ohana Means family. Family means nobody gets left behind, or forgotten."
--Stitch

Also the Stargate philosophy...

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2015, 05:11:31 PM »

My husband and I have been married for thirty seven wonderful years, he at that time had already been serving in the Navy for ten years. After the birth of my second daughter in 1984, I completed my degree in Physiotherapy and enlisted in the Navy reserves the following year. As part of the medical service, I was essentially employed by the DoD full time, so in essence you could say I was a permanent member of the Navy. I am still serving now and hubby retired two years ago and in this I can say, never once did our relationship affect our jobs, even when on two occasions we were serving aboard the same ship and on three instances we were at the same base.

Nerwen

• Recruit
  • Nerwen A new starter.
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2015, 06:08:50 AM »

If they married, then I think it was more a pragmatic decision and not because they love each other so much (which they of course do, but I think none of them is of the romantic kind that much). Some foks, who have a bit knowledge of the military regs, stated that it made sense for them to marry when she was at Area 51 and he in Washington, they weren´t in one chain of command then and when they are married and again transfered in the same chain of command, there wouldn´t be so much problems. But even if they didn´t marry, I think there wasn´t a problem since he was never again her direct command officer, until she got the command of the Hammond, that´s a bit tricky, but I think they would for sure find a solution if they really want to be together, which the end of season 8 clearly stated, they ust would keep it low profile, to avoid people talking.

And officers can marry each other anyway, and then serve together, it´s just forbidden that an officer marries one of the enlisted members, maybe a Staff Sergant or Airman.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 06:17:25 AM by Nerwen »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

lethal-pageant