Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: SGC Gate Room discussions  (Read 329 times)

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 84
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
SGC Gate Room discussions
« on: August 12, 2014, 06:18:08 PM »

Since I know there is going to be a lot of debate on the subject, I've started an OOC for this purpose.

First item on the agenda: Bowsy, Greenhorn, please wait and allow for Walter's reply. You are basically talking over and around him, which simply is not done, neither in real life or role play.

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 59
  • DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!DanielRyder is leading the good life!
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
Re: SGC Gate Room discussions
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 06:25:08 PM »

I'm sorry. I have a tendancy to argue with a random poster that decided to jump in automatically especially when I knew I was supposed to PM mel to remind her and wait for her. That shouldn't have happened. I should have waited for her post. I will delete. Wouldn't worry about saving on word cause its just one post... :fp
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 84
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 06:27:31 PM »

We shall move on then :)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 252
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 03:14:08 AM »

what?  :fp :o
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Maahes

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Maahes A new starter.
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2014, 10:40:17 PM »

Not sure why Walter is under a specific person to post; he's not that important in the grand scheme of things, so why no just let people post Walter's lines to expedite something? If it's a major plot point revolving around him I guess the thread-runner could step in, but otherwise I'm not seeing the reasoning behind it. Otherwise, why not just have people poof up a random airman to coordinate, it's not like Walter was a constant on the show.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 252
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2014, 10:56:04 PM »

We did allow that in the past Maahes, but inevitably it got screwed up so many times with crappy posts and posts that meant nothing at all. Effectively anyone can post for him, but at the same time if its for an entry or gate dial up, the GM should know about it before hand. Cheryl Brownwell is the other gate tech, but she isn't a free NPC. If the control is already occupied and a conversation ongoing, then it has to go through whoever is posting for either of them at that time. If, the control is empty other than Walter, just let us know in advance.
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

lethal-pageant