Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: PG8-K59 Alpha Site~ Surface aircraft hangars  (Read 11327 times)

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 79
  • DanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has Ascended
  • Before building something great, you destroy it
Re: PG8-K59 Alpha Site~ Surface aircraft hangars
« Reply #150 on: December 04, 2019, 11:21:07 AM »

Captain Taer Amir, SG9 XO

Tech Sergeant Guy Hart

Guy found himself next to Bonnie and listening to TJ. He nodded referring to the shoes, "Okay. Thanks, those will work. Looking at Bonnie, he inquired, "I think that should be all we need, right? That and plasma cutters."

Standing by, Guy found himself ready to go. Taer watched his team work and stood by ready to head out first on Al's cue.
Play Your Heart Out...

Character List

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #151 on: December 05, 2019, 10:02:38 PM »

Well all he could say was 'so far, so good'. Now satisfied things we in as best as place as they could be Al realised they either had a forced march of a mile to meet up with Denholm, then another half mile trek to main entrance, or as suggested before they take the wheeled option.

Since there were now a few of them as he looked about, one vehicle, the Humvee in the corner wasn't enough, he scanned the hangar a little more, seeing the tyres of another beyond one of the 302s. So two vehicles. "We'll operate as two teams then once Heckman and Hart are inside. I hope you don't mind Commander, Mister Meyer here has more experience in this type of situation, so he can lead your team. Lieutenant Donovan, you can back up Meyer's group. We'll see what else when we get to the rendezvous with the Major." Had they forgotten anything, he was sure they hadn't. "Walker, make sure we've got enough flash bangs, we'll need them." Yes there was that.

"TJ, Commander, Flight Lieutenant, you do have change of gear around here don't you?" While coveralls were fine, they weren't exactly combat ready. Although just adding a Tac vest might be enough. "No Bonnie, that's all there is. Get your gear together in those two Hummers, we'll leave in five minutes."

@Mim @Veteran52 @sorra @DanielRyder
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 07:14:29 PM by Ellen_Ripley »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 332
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #152 on: December 10, 2019, 06:45:16 PM »

"We do Colonel. Up here since we're often isolated from the main base for an entire shift or three which can be three days at a time; we have to be prepared for any eventuality. Back there..." He hand indicated in the general direction of a set of stairs leading downwards off to their far right. "..we have billeting, a dorm style one for us chicks and one for the blokes, bathrooms, a kitchen and all the mod cons. Give us five minutes." Bobbie bunched her eyes up at Teya, sometimes down there it was like a college pyjama party. A wry smile crossed her lips.

TJ squinted in the dust filled light. "Me? Colonel, well yes I suppose so, although it has been some time since I last..." Then he recalled it had been around two months or so, down south with the good old Borg band. Yeah that was rockin alright. "Okay then." He turned to Teya and Bobbie. "We have a team and that includes you Lieutenant Donovan." He didn't know the man, he did know that Australians were fairly reliable to a degree. "Downstairs it is then, I'll be within five." He took off before the ladies, moving at a good pace despite his bulk.

"We're set then sir, except Mister Meyer's accessories that is." Her hand reached for Bryan, giving him a reassuring squeeze to let him know she'd be okay. From there she led Guy off to the locked TJ told them about to find the sneakers and knee pads. Luckily there was a new unworn pair available, she hated wearing shoes others had worn, one reason why she bought her own bowling shoes even if she and Bryan only went once every blue moon. "We should carry a few gas canisters I think Guy." She said to him down low, they had their own masks, so that wasn't a problem. But if they were going to be crawling around the upper ducts, dropping a canister here and there was completely demoralising for the enemy.

Back with the others, Bonnie hauled up her pack with weapons. "So Hummers it is sir?" She had caught where he was looking at earlier.

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 107
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #153 on: December 15, 2019, 03:23:52 PM »

Teya nodded.  "Makes sense to me, sir." She trusted TJ with her life and had no problem following him.  She bit back a giggle as She realized what had Bobbie grinning.  "Right behind you, " she assured her friend as she hurried after Bobbie.

Bryan returned Bonnie's squeeze.  He hated parting with her, but he also knew she could take care of herself.   "Stay safe you two," he said as they walked away.  He then moved over with Reynolds and the rest of the team.

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • DanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has Ascended
« Reply #154 on: December 19, 2019, 05:28:32 PM »

Tech Sergeant Guy Hart   Captain Taer Amir, SG9 XO

"Right," Guy muttered after finding himself stuffing some of his pockets with some extra of those. They headed toward the HumVees, as Taer picked up the pace, "Alright. Lets get going. Good luck to you two and to all of us."
Play Your Heart Out...

Character List

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #155 on: January 05, 2020, 04:15:26 PM »

Not more than five, less than ten minutes later they were set to go. Two Hummers, two teams more or less. SG-9 in the lead vehicle, with Al giving over the driving to Captain Taer; the second vehicle Meyer, the remainder of SG-22 (Sergeant Hart and Captain Donovan), along with Commander Renner and Flight Lieutenant Hatfield.

"Move us out Captain, the Major is waiting. Once we're at the main gate to meet with his group we'll dismount to go by foot. TJ, both teams will cover Bonnie and Sergeant Hart as they make their way inside." Al was sitting the front passenger seat, leaning out as he gave the commands. "I'm assuming there are ventilator shafts above the main entrance?" He asked the Alpha Site personnel, addressing no one in particular.

@Veteran52 @DanielRyder @Mim @sorra

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #156 on: January 06, 2020, 07:31:32 PM »

Hooves pounded on the loose gravel road. True to her word Josile had managed to gather several dozen of her people to the cause; all of them to a one sworn to protect the Alpha site and its people just as those from Earth had done the same for them time and time again. They were a partnership born in steel and fire, an unshakable one that was rare to find in the galaxy. "They're on their way Kimberly, we are not too late!" She shouted over her shoulder as the distance closed between the Humvees and horses. Josile, like her brethren was now equipped with the Cavaleiros shock lance, a short spear like device some seven feet long that carried a tip delivering a powerful electrical charge, rendering the victim unconscious on contact. She closed her legs tightly on her mare's flanks, bringing her to a stop near the lead vehicle. "Well met. Colonel Reynolds I presume?"

@Veteran52

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #157 on: January 06, 2020, 10:23:55 PM »

They all piled in. Well, one of the two teams in each Humvee. Wearing nothing but a different type of gear and comfortable shoes, Guy pulled at his shirt. Feeling slightly uncomfortable in the worn, used clothes, his attention was refocused on his bag. Mumbling to no one in particular, he dug through it checking to see if they were missing something, "Let's see. What do we have here? We haven't forgotten anything, right?

However, hearing the sounds of the hooves coming closer, his eyes widened and turned around at an all too familiar scene, "Horses!?! This planet's got horses?!? Whoa. Cool. Eyeing what seemed to be the leader of the Cavelerios, he remembered something out of his briefing of this planet about her.

"Yes, sir," the captain grumbled.

Getting into the Humvee, Taer searched the compartment for the key. Finding it, he grunted shaking his head and placed the object into the ignition. Gripping the steering wheel, he let the hand rest on the key. The grumbling in his voice was nothing more than just some impatience. They  were running out of time. Like they had to get somewhere soon to get this finished. The longer the enemy combatants that stay, the harder is it for them to go.

Turning to face the Colonel, he attempted to answer his question. However, he paused hearing the tell tale of hooves coming closer. The Os Cavelerios came on cue. Nodding at the leader who rode alongside the Humvee, he offered a greeting, "Joslie." The captain sighed. If she was here, then the situation was more dire than he presumed.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 10:37:39 PM by DanielRyder »
Play Your Heart Out...

Character List

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #158 on: January 07, 2020, 01:47:45 PM »

Bryan was nearly bouncing in his seat.   He really hated leaving Bonnie, but knew she could take care of herself.  Til then he would do his job and help however he could.   He turned as the horses approached.  Well, maybe these were reinforcements coming.  At least he hoped so.

Kim stuck to the saddle like a burr.  Only when the humvees came into view did she let a breath out.   They still had time.  And Josile seemed confident about that.  She rode up next to Josile, patting her mare's soft neck.  "Colonel, " she nodded to Reynolds.

Veteran52

• Master Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Veteran52 might someday be a gardener.Veteran52 might someday be a gardener.Veteran52 might someday be a gardener.Veteran52 might someday be a gardener.
« Reply #159 on: January 08, 2020, 03:19:25 PM »

<Humvee>
Lt. Donovan was also aware of the sounds of hooves approaching and turned to look as a rider neared the vehicles.,."Fascinating",he thought!

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #160 on: January 12, 2020, 10:43:23 PM »

<To Main Entrance>

"Josile, yes that's me. We met briefly back on 08, very briefly I guess you could say." Al was on his way out, he saw the Cavaleiros woman at Colonel Sharp's office door as he left. "I can guess only that Sergeant Paine has given you the low down. Someone has taken over the base to put it bluntly and we mean to take it back." He eyed the reinforcements up and down, he knew them by reputation, that gave him a confident feeling in the back of his mind.

"TJ, Captain Taer, move us out." There was no need for any other formalities, they were now on the clock.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #161 on: January 13, 2020, 11:30:43 PM »

Loaded up with more weaponry than she had ever imagined carrying that wasn't attached to either a 302 or 401, and with the rest of her companions she was lucky to squeeze into the back seat with Teya and Guy. With Donovan up front with TJ, they made quite a showing alongside SG-9s Humvee. "I guess its too late to write my will now isn't it?" She said half jokingly.

"Way too late Bobbie and besides I thought you were leavin everything to me anyway." The old man chuckled as he shifted through the gears to bring the vehicle to a stop when the Cavaleiros showed up. He kept quiet then until Reynolds gave the order to move, he followed on keeping a good two meters behind the other Humvee.

Bonnie took these last few moments to be as close to Bryan as she could manage. As close as a full kit would allow. "Don't you go worrying about me Bry. You know I can handle this. In fact I'm more worried about you and the rest of the team making the front door assault. I don't think I need to say you'll need some uncanny luck." She squeezed his had for added comfort. Bonnie was worried really for all of them.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #162 on: January 13, 2020, 11:54:38 PM »

"I do believe I remember Colonel." She told him leaning from her saddle before straightening up again. "The base will be yours again by nightfall, this I swear."

Turning in her saddle, she called loudly to her people. "Cavaleiros! We ride to help our friends and we ride hard. Colonel..." She turned again before he was out of earshot. "...we'll go across country, it will be far quicker for us. Kimberly Paine..." Her voice was softer this time. "Ride with me girl and stay close....heyah!" She urged her mount on forward, then lead the troop down off the road into the ravine that separated the airfield area from the main road leading to the base itself.

@sorra @Veteran52 @DanielRyder

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #163 on: January 14, 2020, 12:11:15 PM »

Teya actually relaxed a fraction when Josile showed up.  They might have a chance yet.  At least she prayed so.  They had people on the inside that she was worried about.  She raised a brow as she nudged Bobbie's shoulder.  "Yep, think we all forgot to make a will," she teased her young friend.

Bryan tried to put himself in a happier place.  Back at home with Bonnie would work.  Sure, he was used to missions that they didn't know the outcome of.  This felt a lot different though.  This could go south quickly if they weren't all on their toes.  He glanced over returning Bonnie's squeeze.  "I'm trying to keep calm, but this has me jittery," he admitted.  "You stay safe too."

Kim was fidgeting in her saddle.  This could turn bad fast.  She scratched her mount's first neck, trying to keep herself calm and ready to face anything.  She nodded, a smile touching her lips as Josile asked her to ride with them.  "It would be my pleasure." She squeezed the horse's sides, leaning forward in the saddle.

Veteran52

• Master Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Veteran52 might someday be a gardener.Veteran52 might someday be a gardener.Veteran52 might someday be a gardener.Veteran52 might someday be a gardener.
« Reply #164 on: January 15, 2020, 02:08:52 PM »

<Humvee-LT. Donovan>
Riding up front with TJ,Donovan reviewed in his mind what he had seen since his arrival.Now, it came down to weapons available, reliance on new allies and a lot of luck. He knew he was the 'newbie' here,but he also realized that he should give credits to the people around him and listen,but also support."I know that Im the 'new kid' here and many of you have been here and engaged in earlier actions,but we just need to focus for the coming fight and check our weapons and be ready to fight for this site and for our allies.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

lethal-pageant