Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27

Author Topic: Tallellinian Sector: Vanir Home Base  (Read 20385 times)

Alfa27escaped

• Airman First Class
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Alfa27escaped hides in shadows.
  • there is no such thing as defeat it just a mistake
Re: Tallellinian Sector: Vanir Home Base
« Reply #330 on: January 17, 2020, 08:08:09 AM »

Stella Maxtra nodded in an understanding motion, “Yes ma’am” She walked to her cabin, grabbing her rusty pistol, and looked for the cafeteria. She walked for a good while as she muttered, “Why do they place the Cafeteria in the middle front of the ship” Once she got there, she grabbed some Oatmeal and warm tea. She sat and looked at the old weapon sure it was old and out of the factory line but it still had something special to her. She took a spoon full Oatmeal and then a sip of her tea as she examined the pistol. She thought out loud to herself, “I wish I can restore this thing”

@sorra @Thaddeus

there is always a way to win even to the unstoppable😃😃

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 338
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #331 on: January 17, 2020, 11:29:01 AM »

<Dreadnought Wardroom>

Well he did have to go and say the magic words didn't he? Nuclear devices. Both Lily and Tucker raised a collective eyebrow. "Ahem." She cleared her throat. "While it's an excellent plan Todd, you should know if we handed over anything like that to you I'd be court martialled, have my pension stripped and possibly never work again." But....she tapped the side of her nose, the explosion of McKay's 401 with the self destruct gave her an idea. "At last count we have three 401's and seven 302's that are deemed right offs. Normally we'd strip them of parts, this is a war and we use what we have. With a forgotten missile attached here and there, and loaded aboard your ship with timers set to go off at a certain point..." She was thinking hard here. "...I'm sure even without Doctor McKay we can work out the speed and impact time. That will give you as close to three Mk 9s as you'll ever get."

Tucker wasn't overly enthused with the idea, though it was better than anyone else had come up with so far. "Your welcome. We still need to recover McKay, Teyla and Rhiase. I will say this much ma'am, we can do it, and we can still take us much of value off those birds to still be effective. Having a full load of naquada fuel will go a long way."

A smile, a grim smile parted Lily's mouth. "If you agree Todd, as soon as we can find a way to bring our people back, we will do it."

@Ellen_Ripley

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #332 on: January 17, 2020, 03:12:25 PM »

<Underground to surface>

"No we don't." Unlike early when there was a modicum of light, now apart from the odd fires burning on the horizon, it was almost totally dark. That can be a two edged sword for them. On the one hand it'd give them cover, on the other hand it does the same for their enemy; except for one small saving grace. Those fires highlighted the horizon, so shapes moving upright could well be seen; they'd just have to keep their eyes open wide. "We need to find cover Rodney, Rhiase. We're far to open out here." She told them peering into the darkness looking for anything, some kind of ruined structure would be ideal.

"I couldn't agree more. As much as I want to tear these animals apart, being dead doesn't help us for the future. We need to survive so we can come back better and stronger than before." Optimistic of course. When your back is against the wall, sometimes optimism is all you have. "Here." her eyes were more suited to the darkness, it didn't take long for her to find the remains of what might have been a watch house built in stone with just three walls remaining and no roof. That was enough, more than enough. Leading them down a small slope, once inside she found what was once a window opening facing west, generally the direction the enemy was likely to come at them.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Teyla followed, she immediately sat against the far wall beneath the window. Her pack she swung in front her and mostly by feel she started going through what she had left. "One and half canteens of water, two clips for my P90, one spare for my side arm, some bandages and four chocolate bars." She knew well Rodney will have his own stash of those.

Grunting a disappointed reply, Rhiase summed up her own lot. "One clip for the rifle and my blade." Well she herself was a weapon in any case. "One moment." She excused herself focusing on Bone White again. Teyla could feel the communication, if she chose she could eavesdrop on them.

~Truly an understatement. To my sadness and that of our own, I came here with 250 blades, not one is left. I will mourn that loss for a long time if I should live. We came in hopeful, not realising the immense power and resources of these dogs~ She took a very deep breath. ~I can only hope we have 15 minutes father.~

@Teddy @Draco-Stellaris
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 06:46:34 AM by Mim »

Teddy

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 42
  • Teddy is a force to reckon with.Teddy is a force to reckon with.Teddy is a force to reckon with.Teddy is a force to reckon with.Teddy is a force to reckon with.Teddy is a force to reckon with.Teddy is a force to reckon with.Teddy is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #333 on: January 17, 2020, 04:07:55 PM »

<The Wall>

Rodney joined Teyla under the window and hunched down and started  searching through his knapsack

" More or less the same, two clips for P90  one for side arm, 5 energy bars a canteen of water and some aspirin, and we have fourteen minutes to detonation people"

He held out an energy bar to the group

"Anybody want one of these?"

He said as he opened and ate one himself

"Gotta keep my strength up"

« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 06:05:38 PM by Teddy »

Thaddeus

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Master Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 19
  • Thaddeus is working their way up.Thaddeus is working their way up.Thaddeus is working their way up.
« Reply #334 on: January 17, 2020, 05:12:28 PM »

Baker had gone briefly to visit the doctors after some deliberation. There was nothing short of a fear that struck through him, the one day they admitted to him that he was just too old to continue on the field.  Of course, he wanted to tend to his own wounds - as they were pretty minor in comparison, a couple of antiseptic wipes should have done it.

Straight after, it was time to head to the galley where they could have some food and get refueled. Under the table, he massaged his left hand (or what was left of it) before trying to tuck in. Baker glanced over at Stella and knew eventually they would need to exchange notes; or at least fill her in on what she had missed. It had seemed a lot in a short space of time.

He had been halfway through his food when the announcement on his radio came through. Baker bit back a groan. "Roger, on my way. Out." He replied. Baker glanced over at Rob and Stella, giving them a tight smile and offering a word of advice. "I'll have to fill you in later, duty calls. I'd stow that pistol, even if it doesn't work. Just wait till you get back where you can properly have a look at it."

He had dumped what was left on his food, taking the banana with him as he headed to his intended location - the number two conference room. The doors had slid open to reveal several lieutenants, O'Neil and Satterfield.

Draco-Stellaris

• Airman
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Draco-Stellaris A new starter.
    • Draco-Stellaris.de
« Reply #335 on: January 18, 2020, 06:04:37 AM »

<Kenny's Hive>

Bonwhite was still on the bridge, his eyes fixed on the sensor readings that the darts transmitted back. They were almost there now. He watched one of them drop down low while the other five sped away to the west. He had trust in the pilots, good men, all of them. They would do their best, and he kept wishing that all of them would return safely – one with his new passengers.

<Sky over Vanir World>

The leader of the small flight of darts scanned his head-up display and located the ideal target for his attack. Some fires indicated clone activity and it was in a safe distance from the spot where he sensed the presences of Rhiase and Teyla Emmagan. He let the sharp nose of his dart drop downward and dove deep over the enemy camp. He trusted that the shrill whining of his vehicle would sent them running and scattering until they had put together their defense. An additional salvo of perfectly aimed fire from his front cannon had the wanted effect. His four comrades followed suit.

Nobody on the ground noticed the lone dart that headed east and sped towards a ruined house. Riase's presence was a telepathic beacon in the pilot's mind and he reached out for her. ~Rhiase, it is a relief to find you. Please prepare for immediate evacuation. Activating culling beam in a few seconds.~

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sio83

• Airman
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Sio83 A new starter.
« Reply #336 on: January 18, 2020, 08:01:01 AM »

"That would not be efficient," Sin spoke up.  Going against your commander could get you killed on a hive.   Speaking up against humans...he had no idea.  His best knowledge of etiquette when it came to speaking to them was 'they don 't like it'.

"We lack more than firepower. Your nuclear weapons must be delivered directly to the enemy.  We lose both hives and darts, as well as soldiers faster than we can replenish.  There is also the detail that not all of us are expendable."  He hoped Todd inferred that he meat him and Rhiase, not that Sin's ego had suddenly decided to meddle in anything.

~We cannot just win this war with them as allies.  We cannot exhaust all our resources to the point of being easy prey to these humans.  If I were to replicate the nuclear devices given to us, I would need time.~

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 110
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #337 on: January 18, 2020, 08:21:08 AM »

<Dreadnought Wardroom>

~Patience my eager friend, patience. We are dealing with children and their toys, toys which they covert dearly and as I have found in the past they do have moments of laxness when a back is turned or eyes not watching. Their nuclear devices are stored in their aircraft bays, which is where they will take us; we can use a scanner to record the devices internals.~ Guide patted his hip, showing Sin the small bulge there within his pants.

He looked to the ship's Captain again showing feigned interest. "Ah, then if this is the best we can do, so be it. I have seen your aircraft's missiles in action as you'd expect, some of them are equipped with a small nuclear warhead are they not?" A need to stall was necessary before he tipped his hand to the recovery of Rhiase and his party. Of course he'd tell them, eventually. Closing his eyes briefly he focused on Bone White. ~I trust things are in hand to bring the child and her allies home safely?~

@Mim @Draco-Stellaris
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 08:05:42 AM by Ellen_Ripley »

Teddy

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 42
  • Teddy is a force to reckon with.Teddy is a force to reckon with.Teddy is a force to reckon with.Teddy is a force to reckon with.Teddy is a force to reckon with.Teddy is a force to reckon with.Teddy is a force to reckon with.Teddy is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #338 on: January 18, 2020, 08:23:20 AM »

<Wall>

Mckay heard a screaming noise, a very familiar and frightening one, he stood up and looked around nervously

"Can anybody hear that?, I hear a dart, is  that with you? Oh god i hope it is cause this place is due to blow in a few minutes, we need to get outta here now or sooner"

He looked over at Rhiase and Teyla with confusion  tinged with fear.

@Mim

Draco-Stellaris

• Airman
    • Draco-Stellaris.de
« Reply #339 on: January 20, 2020, 12:06:51 AM »

<Kennys Hive>

The familiar touch of Guide's mind brushed Bonewhite's and he focused on the message. ~Yes, Commander. The darts are on their way and my best pilot is going to arrive at Rhiase's position in this moment. We are still waiting on his feedback – he has not yet confirmed the evacuation. But if all goes according to plan, he should return with Rhiase and our Lantean guests within the next quarter of an hour.~

Bonewhite hoped that – indeed – all would go according to plan. You never knew with so many enemies out there. Even if the dart arrived timely at her position, they all still were in grave danger until they would finally arrive safely on the flight deck of his hive.

@Mim @Ellen_Ripley

Sio83

• Airman
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Sio83 A new starter.
« Reply #340 on: January 20, 2020, 03:20:11 AM »

Sin noticed his commander's need to stall--and did his best to ignore everything else--and figured since the two sides had an unofficial, though temporary truce, a few questions couldn't hurt.  Or, if they did, they would certainly answer some others.

"A few nuclear devices, even for each battle, who change much.  If you have plans for technological advances, I could offer my assistance--if my commander allows it.  If the situation is much direr and you lack imagination...I could help in that regard as well."

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #341 on: January 20, 2020, 04:25:06 AM »

<Cafeteria>

Rob had just sat down with his own meal, feeling tired and ready to crash.  He didn't get two bites in when Baker was back on his feet and headed out again.  Rob raised a brow.  Well, that was odd.  He turned to Stella who was across from him. "Well, guess it's just the two of us now," he commented.

Ty hadn't enjoyed the whole doctor thing.  But in the end it had been a good idea.  He had a nasty gash across his calf that he hadn't even felt and a couple bruised ribs to boot.  Sheesh.  So much for staying in one piece.  He dropped gingerly into an open chair with some food, wondering if the rest of his team would show up.  Baker had disappeared before he had gotten there and hadn't seen Chris yet.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #342 on: January 20, 2020, 07:08:23 AM »

<Surface-Wall>

Still peering through the opening for the inevitable movement out there she knew had to come, Rhiase had her rifle laying on the bottom window opening ledge. It was just a matter of time, that was all. "Be quiet, yes I can hear it McKay and so can our enemy hear you." She well knew what it meant, estimating the Dart near but so far not near enough as the first aggressors came out of the same exit stairs they themselves came from just five minutes ago. First one, then two, followed by at least eight more. ~Best be sooner than later, we're about to be overrun~ Somewhere in her mind she knew who the pilot was, a connection, a strong connection to Bone White.

As she sent the message, her rifle began single shot firing. Teyla wasn't slack in joining her off to the left broken wall, her P90 rattling off quick bursts. "Keep your head down Rodney!" She yelled, being silent was totally useless now.

A few fell, more came and indeed their position was compromised. The enemy was just feet away from the way, Rhiase had to duck to change clips when two clones came from the right side wall, one shot went straight through her right shoulder as she spun to respond, then the culling beam denied the enemy of their prey.

<<Teyla, McKay and Rhiase to Kenny's ship>>

@Teddy @Draco-Stellaris

Robert Laurel

• Major
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Robert Laurel Thumb turning green.Robert Laurel Thumb turning green.
« Reply #343 on: January 20, 2020, 09:45:54 AM »

<<Dreadnought Conference Room 2>>

Juliette ushered them all in, smiling. "Eat, drink and relax," she said, pointing to the breakfast buffet  laid out on a side table. "When you're ready, we'll talk. Just try to tell what happened and give every detail, no matter how trivial it may seem. Iwon;t interrupt unless it is really important. I'll tape this and review and get back to you if I have any questions."

Draco-Stellaris

• Airman
    • Draco-Stellaris.de
« Reply #344 on: January 21, 2020, 06:04:22 AM »

<Sky over Vanir World>

The dart pilot let out a relived yell as he sweeped up Rhiase and her company. Yes! He allowed himself a short moment of triumph. As the clones opened fire on his vessel, though, he knew he wasn't out of the woods yet. A quick glance at his beam storage indicator confirmed that he had indeed gathered up three life sign. He pulled the dart up hard against the dark blue night sky and left atmosphere as fast as he could. Over the comm console, he sent a transmission to his comrades. "We are finished here, follow me home." Five dots of light appeared on his HUD; one of them making only slow progress. Maybe the dart had taken damage. A short call with its pilot reassured him that he would make it home safely, if only a bit slower.

<Kennys Hive>

Relief was almost palpable on the bridge of Bonewhite's hive. They made it. Suppressing a grin, Bonewhite studied the sensor further and would not allow himself to get a feeling of false security. There was still a possibility that his dart would be targeted by their enemies in some way or other. He was still fully in control of his emotions, ready to launch more darts immediately should it become necessary.

<Flight Deck>

The darts steered smoothly into the landing bay of the flight deck and docked into their stations. The HUD-cockpits flickered out of existence and the pilots climbed out, congratulating and teasing each other about their bold maneuvers.

One dart however needed to release its passengers first. The pilot activated the beam and the three distinct forms of Rhiase, Teyla Emmagan and Rodney McKay appeared. At that moment, Bonewhite was already present to welcome his 'daughter' and his guests. First, he sent a telepathic message to Guide: ~Commander, I hope I am not disturbing you but I am sure you want to hear this at once: The child and the Lanteans are now safe.~

Then he turned to the small group. "It is good to see you. I hope you are all unharmed, or do you need medical help?"

@Mim @Ellen_Ripley
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal