Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Tallellinian Sector: Vanir Home Base  (Read 2034 times)

Bluebell722

• Senior Master Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Bluebell722 hides in shadows.
Re: Tallellinian Sector: Vanir Home Base
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2019, 11:58:44 PM »

<Surface - Alien structure near LZ>

Maj. Evan Lorne
Lt. Laura Cadman
Sgt. Robert Cheung
Cpl. Doyle Maxwell

Evan listened to Satterfield's message and glanced skyward reflexively. Then he responded on his radio.

"Roger that, Major. We're headed in." To his teammates he said, "Nguyen, you're on point. I've got our six. Cadman, cover Nguyen's six."

Cadman nodded. She retrieved her C4 and blasting caps, tucked them back into her tac vest pockets and patted them with a fond air.

Cheung and Maxwell exchanged looks. Evan pretended he didn't see their little game of rock-paper-scissors to see who went in after Cadman. He just switched on his spare walkie and set it just outside the door, and then took a deep breath.

Once more into the unknown.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 312
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2019, 12:47:29 AM »

<SOL>

Why were men always so stubborn? She had to ask that question. "If you say so Hobo, it looked ugly to me using Mk 1 eyeballs at least. But look, take it easy up there and I'll watch over AR-2, they've just entered the bunker so I'm not sure how much longer we'll hear them. I did ask Lorne to leave a spare radio by the entrance switched on so it can act as a relay. Liberty out and stay safe."

"Liberty copied AR-2, be damned careful Lorne and bug out if it gets way to curly. Satterfield out."

She looked over at Rob again. "We're on our lonesome now until Evan and his team reappear, so coffee?"

@Cipherhornet18 @sorra

<Vanir Bunker>

"Got it." Now they were in, Lou went down the stairs ever so quietly until she reached the landing. Then down on her knees she went through her vest pockets finding first the Ancient Life signs detector each member carried, next came the suppressor for her side arm and with that she fitted it into place. "Laura." She whispered then pointed to her weapon fit and the LSD. She then slung her rifle across her shoulder pushing it behind her back.

Ahead of her in the dim light she saw a turn, Lou crept at the crouch until she reached the corner with the LSD held in front of her. She stopped dead, holding up two fingers, then three, pointing straight ahead for the last and indicating to her right for the first two. She could hear muffled voices, which sent a shiver up her spine. Safety off she moved slowly forward until she saw a door frame; the two Tangos were inside a room, that made it difficult. She waved Laura and the team on to take up a point between the three contacts just passed where she stood. A team effort could silently take all three down.

@Bluebell722

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Bluebell722

• Senior Master Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Bluebell722 hides in shadows.
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2019, 02:17:06 AM »

Maj. Evan Lorne
Lt. Laura Cadman
Sgt. Robert Cheung
Cpl. Doyle Maxwell

<Vanir Bunker - Level One>

Evan fitted his LSD to his rifle as soon as they descended the stairs. He watched Nguyen pause, saw her signal. Cadman stayed on Nguyen's six, but Maxwell and Cheung covered each other to move past them at the door, toward the corner where another Tango was waiting. Evan moved to stand beside Cadman.

Even if they made it past these first three without incident, there were more. The suppressor on his sidearm would muffle the sound of gunfire only to a point, make it so anyone who overheard wouldn't know what kind of firearm was being used, might confuse them as to where the gunfire was coming from.

Evan reached up, tapped his radio in quiet radio tap code just for his teammates to hear.

On three.

Then he lifted one hand and signaled the countdown.

Three, two, one.

Maxwell and Cheung swung around the corner to open fire on their Tango at the same time as Cadman headed through the open doorway to open fire on the other two. Evan maintained his place in the hallway, alert for if either team needed his backup.

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 102
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2019, 10:44:59 AM »

<Spirit of Liberty>

Rob shook his head a bit.  Well, apparently they didn't need Liberty's help.  Rob still wasn't so sure about that though.  But it wasn't his call and right now they had the others to worry about and he wanted to make sure they got home in one piece. 

He laughed a bit. "Silence huh?  Definitely count me in for some coffee.  Hopefully it will be a long and boring wait," he commented.  At least that way then everything was going according to plan and no one was getting injured or attacked.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2019, 08:00:44 PM »

Vanir Base underground maps

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2019, 09:49:56 PM »

So far so good, even if Lou didn't feel right about it at least they were alive. As of now it felt like shooting targets at the local fair with a BB gun, the suppressed weapons made as much sound maybe less than they did and also thus far the three Tango's made no sounds of death as they slumped to the floor. It couldn't last. Lou moved quickly passed the team as follow up to her earlier actions, exchanging hand signals as she did indicating two more beyond visual. Well not entirely it seemed. At the far end of the hallway she turned into beyond the corner were the last enemy was downed, another stood and with the low lighting it was just enough for her to see, which meant he (it appeared to be a male) could see her and he was turning towards her. Lou already had her rifle in the aim position, sighting her target through the M4's sights putting the cross hairs just below his neck to allow for any error and movement. As she squeezed panic set in when she saw him raise his own weapon and shout for assistance.

"Sound the intruder alarm!" He bellowed behind him and soon after loud footsteps were behind him as some kind of alarm rang through the facility.

As luck would have it these so called clones were not armored as other team had encountered, rather they were wearing a rather normal looking set of camoflage, albeit of another kind of material altogether and looking slightly futuristic. Lou reacted without thought, her thumb went to auto with a flick, a short burst brought down that target as a second appeared around the corner. Scared out of her wits mentally, but holding steady as sweat poured from her, Lou moved the sight to her left, then doing the same the instant number two came into partial view. That one took it full in the chest before his weapon came up. Lou waved her buddies on, there was no need for silence now. "We've got more on the way, I count three, no four coming." The team could make a stand here or retreat, but here was as good as any if they were to complete the mission.

<Spirit Of Liberty>

Silence, Alecia was firmly opposed to silence in anyone's book. She had made her way back to the 'passenger' or cargo end, pulled the drop down galley to start the process of making coffee using of course the best of ingredients (Air Force issued instant coffee, little squeeze packs of evaporated milk and sugar in motel slips). They did though have some half decent snacks, several varieties of cookies and some muffins that needed to be 'cooked' in the microwave. No time for that. "Rob, fig newtons or shortbread cookies?" She called back to him as the coffee was being made. "Oh and give Lorne a call, see how he is doing I don't like the silence and we've heard nothing like gunfire so I'm assuming the best." She said and asked.

@sorra @Bluebell722

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2019, 05:34:57 PM »

<spirit of Liberty>

Rob hated waiting.   He was more of an action guy, but growing up with horses taught him that patience truly was a virtue.  He chuckled a bit.  It seemed like they were quite shocked up on the treat end.  "Shortbread sounds great," he answered,  moving back to the radio.

"Major Lorne, this is Spirit of Liberty,  how are things down there? It's pretty quiet here."

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2019, 12:53:27 AM »

NPC

The quietness lasted for about as long as it took Rob to get that transmission off. Seconds later he could hear the muffled sounds of suppressed shots going off and while they were meant to be relatively silent, over the radio when there were a lot of them, it was easy to understand what was going on. "Not right now Lieutenant, we're a bit busy." The sounds faded away for a moment then began again lasting some few minutes until all was silent. "Liberty we're moving down another level. We'll be off line until we return. Give us an hour, if you don't hear anything from any of us, call the Marines. Lorne out."

<Spirit of Liberty>

Satterfield forgot all about the coffee and snacks as her feet went back up into the cockpit. She looked at Rob, then shook her head as she knew she was too late. "I swear that man has a death wish. And we can't go after them either, not now..." That was debatable. "We'll just have to wait."

*45 minutes later*

Emerging from a different entrance to the one they used just a little further ahead of the 401 and on top of the structure. Lorne was seen waving to the ship with his team, all of them behind him. "Satterfield! Fire her up we're coming in and let's act like seagulls and get the flock out of here."

Having almost fallen asleep with the coffee cup in her hand, Alecia sat bolt upright when she heard Lorne's voice again. "Let's rock and roll Rob, they're back. We'll be on our way home sooner rather than later." This time she was happy as Larry to call Jack and AJ. "Hobo this is Liberty, AR-2 is on the way, we'll rendezvous with you in ten then head home."

<<To Atlantis>>

@sorra @Bluebell722
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 01:35:12 AM by Mim »

Cipherhornet18

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 111
  • Cipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has AscendedCipherhornet18 Has Ascended
  • "Yo buddy, still alive?"
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2019, 01:23:14 PM »

"Was starting to think they forgot about us..." Jack commented, "Roger, RTB." Jack said.

"Whatever we found, I hope it was good." AJ replied.

"Yeah, no kidding. Someone owes me big time for the hole in my Wildcat." Jack commented, following AJ to the jump point. Once Liberty was gone, so were they.

>>To Atlantis>>

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2019, 04:46:47 PM »

<Spirit of Liberty>

Rob opened his mouth to protest, but Lorne was gone.  He growled softly.  Perfect.   He nodded a bit.  "I think you're right.  Unfortunately we can't do anything, " he agreed.

**45 minutes later ***

Rob jumped, nearly dumping his coffee.  He grumbled under his breath but the grinned.  "You got it.  Time to snag the package and go home."  At least no one had died and hopefully no one had been injured.  He flipped a few switches before aiming to pick up the others.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 07:28:04 PM by sorra »

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2019, 01:32:43 AM »

"Everyone set?" Alecia asked getting a 'roger' from in back. She sealed the doors, double checked the oxy meter, twice then checked all her cabin pressure lights were green. "Home time Rob, I'll do this one and by the time we get home you'll have your 401 solo wings, that's a promise." With AR-2 settled in back, Alecia took off from this nasty world going almost vertical once she had height straight up then arcing towards the moon. In mere seconds the two 302's came up in visual. "Follow the leader Hobo, we're bugging out." And about time. A hyperspace window opened, the 401 disappeared a second later to be followed by Jack and AJ.

<<To Atlantis>>

Pages: 1 2 [3]