Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20

Author Topic: Tallellinian Sector: Vanir Home Base  (Read 7642 times)

Sio83

• Airman
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Sio83 A new starter.
Re: Tallellinian Sector: Vanir Home Base
« Reply #270 on: November 24, 2019, 01:59:45 PM »

"It seems you were rejected," Sin said, not a hint of smugness.  Retreat.  No victory, no chance to change anything.  Today both sides had lost and one refused to come near the other in recuperation.

"If I may be so bold sir, what if we could create such weapons ourselves?" Sin asked.  "We need them for numbers, but what if we did not need them for firepower?  Would they turn on us so soon?"  If anyone had the answer to that, it would be his commander.

@Ellen_Ripley

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 106
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #271 on: November 24, 2019, 07:23:15 PM »

<401-105>

Ty rested his head against the side of the ship.  He definitely felt more at ease on the ship then he did on the ground.  "That sounds perfect.  I could use a little sleep," he grinned at Chris.  When he had been called on this mission  he hadn't expected anything like this

Rob dropped into his seat next to Alecia.  "In a hurry?" He teased her, hoping to put her at ease enough as they got ready to pull out.  This mission had gone south quickly.  His heart went out to the missing, wishing they had more time to look.  Unfortunately their enemies were not giving them that option,  if they didn't go now, they might not go at all.

<Dreadnought>

Mesa scrubbed at her face.  Could things possibly get any worse? She looked over as Ben spoke.  Guess she spoke too soon.  She nodded her head.  "Copy that Lieutenant Stryker.  Recall the troops.  We'll see what we can come up with." Too many had been lost already.  She wasn't losing more.

She glanced over at Tucker, grateful to have him there.  Right now his presence was the only thing keeping her grounded. 

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 328
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #272 on: November 27, 2019, 09:06:29 PM »

<Crashed 401>

"I'm as good as I'll ever be, I must concur with you. Never have 'I' been so pleased to see a Wraith, especially this one." A half breed who had a reputation for not being overly kind to humans in the past. Some things with time are bound to change she concluded.

Rhiase ran to them the remaining distance, her Blades in lockstep with her. "I believe they left not minutes ago, or at least I told them not to wait as the risk was too high. Some of John Sheppard's group were wounded, including he himself, although I don't believe too seriously." Seriously to her was near death of course. "Come, we cannot delay here in the open, we must return underground as they have most of their forces above at this time."

The Athosian gave McKay 'that' look. "I am fine really Rodney, merely had the breathe knocked out of me with that jump." She couldn't feel any injuries at least. "So Rhiase, do we have a plan?"

"No. Come, we must play the game as you humans call it, mouse and cat." Turning, she led them away to a nearby opening to the underground network, it had been damaged during the bombing yet still large enough to slip through.

"Mouse and cat?" Teyla needed an explanation on that one from Rodney. She followed the half-wraith with her Blades to the entrance.

@Teddy

Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #273 on: November 27, 2019, 11:44:00 PM »

<AC401-05>

They had been cleared well before arrival, that wasn't the problem. Clone fighters were making things difficult by throwing up a wall in between the lift off and getting back to the ship, with the top turret of the other 401's they were just that little bit hampered defensively. Still loaded with missiles, and they very macho Gatling gun up front that did at least have more than a fixed firing angle, being able to swing 15 degrees either side and 25 degrees up and down. So not entirely useless in a dog fight. "Hang on!" She yelled over the on board radio, as the little ship turned to meet them head on.

"Hobo 5 to Growler, I'm out. Three is still with you, I have something burning, good luck and we'll see ya all in the mess." 

"Copied Hobo 5, and thanks." Now that left only one.
 "Rob, we've got 4 Fox three's on the rack, use them as best as you can." Twisting her head half way while flying a zig zag pattern. "Briggsy, the beacon is on, let that chain saw rip." Commonly known among the fleet, the 25mm six barreled Gatling gun was affectionately know by that term.

"Damnit!" Jordan swore when the answer came in regard to McKay and Teyla. She didn't really care what happened to the Wraith, help or no. Then the jinking around began and she knew it was on, with the back seat passengers left only to pray. "All of you." She yelled over the noise of rounds ricocheting off the 401's hull. "If we make it through this I'm buying."

@sorra @DanielRyder @Shadowlord @Thaddeus @Ellen_Ripley @Veteran52

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #274 on: November 28, 2019, 12:39:50 AM »

<Dreadnought Bridge>

The older man whipped his head around when he heard Stryker, not that he did badly, more a poor choice of words. "Lieutenant Stryker, never let a former enemy or potential enemy know you're in retreat. More wisely say we're making a tactical withdrawal." He nodded his head to Mesa, she was doing well. "Too late now, we'll see what he has to say."

There was no time to get slack either. "Everyone else, officers or not, start helping the engineers clean up here, remember a loose bolt on a deck can become a missile." He suited his own words by scanning the floor carefully, picking up bits of metal and other objects.

@Robert Laurel @Veteran52 @DanielRyder @sorra

Teddy

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 38
  • Teddy has a powerful will.Teddy has a powerful will.Teddy has a powerful will.Teddy has a powerful will.Teddy has a powerful will.Teddy has a powerful will.Teddy has a powerful will.
« Reply #275 on: November 28, 2019, 11:02:25 AM »

<With Rhiase>

McKay walked after Rhiase

" No no no, not back underground, we just came from there, that was a waste of time, if i knew we were gonna go back under I would have never left, annnd," he held up his finger "I think you meant cat and mouse"

He looked at Teyla as she had moved beside him at this time and he answered her

"Lets just say, it never ends well for the mouse"
With that he ran along with Rhiase and her blades

@Mim

« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 08:32:44 PM by Ellen_Ripley »

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Ellen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has AscendedEllen_Ripley Has Ascended
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #276 on: November 28, 2019, 09:18:28 PM »

<Wraith Flagship>

"No not entirely wise, not even something we'd normally consider Sin. As you can see though we are rapidly running out of options, while the sacrifice of one very damaged ship may prove useful. You can feel her, at the current rate of regeneration it would take a month at least for our ship to be as she was once again." A long hand gestured around him, it was plain to see.

"They phrase themselves poorly don't they?" He shook his shaggy mane. "Dreadnought, there is a minor orbital moon just a small distance away from us, I would like to suggest before we leave these vermin entirely for the time being, we move there. I have a something I'd like to offer, although over the communications wouldn't be such a good idea. We'll be there if a few moments." He cut the transmission to turn to his second.

"It is something I have been working on for some time now. For us you'd think it'd be a simple thing. But since we have not dealt with raw explosive devices for thousands of years we are essentially starting from the beginning." Yes they needed them, then again the humans needed the Wraith equally as much for the time being. "One day we will do something that might anger them yet again, hopefully not. They do not have the patience of time as we do." With that he began the move of the great ship to the destination he spoke of. The others would follow him, if for nothing else to satisfy their curiosity.

<<To Moon>>

Shadowlord

• Major
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!Shadowlord has great potential!
« Reply #277 on: November 29, 2019, 01:44:51 AM »

<AC401-05>

Of course it wasn’t as simple as just returning to the ship just yet with their enemy approaching and people still on the ground. Valentine could do little right now but huddle in and hope the rocking didn’t throw him around like a rag doll.

“I sure hope the people who built this thing knew what they were doing.” He wasn’t the biggest fan of putting his life in the hands of pilots.

Teddy

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Major
  • Reputation Power: 38
  • Teddy has a powerful will.Teddy has a powerful will.Teddy has a powerful will.Teddy has a powerful will.Teddy has a powerful will.Teddy has a powerful will.Teddy has a powerful will.
« Reply #278 on: November 30, 2019, 03:59:52 AM »

<AC401-05>

Ronon was sat huddled on a seat with Sheppard at his side still unconscious he heard Teyla's and Rodney's names. 

"We have to go back for them, we cant leave them there, drop me off"

He tried to stand but it was almost impossible with the ship being battered, and in his heart of hearts he knew that was impossible, but he felt that he had to try, he felt helpless.

@Mim
« Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 04:02:11 AM by Teddy »

Thaddeus

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Technical Sergeant
  • Reputation Power: 17
  • Thaddeus is working their way up.Thaddeus is working their way up.Thaddeus is working their way up.
« Reply #279 on: December 01, 2019, 08:27:19 AM »

<401-105>

"Looks like you might need to postpone that nap, it's about to get real hot." Baker replied. He was just as tired, perhaps even more at his age but he needed to remain alert; the moment their defense dropped, the moment they weren't ever going to walk again. Baker had his doubts that none of the newly formed team was ready for what had just happened, that their mission was far beyond what they thought it initially was.

{Warrant Officer Glenn Briggs RCAF}

"With pleasure." Briggs grinned, listening to the whir of the gattling gun as it gained speed before he started firing upon the designated targets. The more effective his fire was, the less effective the enemy would be.

At least that was the main plan. Briggs knew that he couldn't afford to overheat the gun in a fight like this one but he also knew the crew depended on his ability to lock on and shoot. "I better have my own. Round of. Drinks. Commander!" He managed to grit out as he turned the gun to the left, then to the right.

Robert Laurel

• Major
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Robert Laurel A new starter.
« Reply #280 on: December 01, 2019, 11:53:40 AM »

<<Dreadnought bridge>>

Juliette quickly got a working party together to scour the bridge. The chief was right, any small bits could become lethal missiles at combat accelerations. Given the current state of the ship, she hoped that they wouldn't be seeing any action soon.

sorra

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 106
  • sorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascendedsorra Has Ascended
« Reply #281 on: December 01, 2019, 11:54:24 AM »

<401-105>

Ty blew out a breath.  That nap was certainly going to have to be put on hold.  This mission had definitely taken a bad turn that he was pretty sure none of them expected.  He did flash Jordan a grin as he gripped his seat.  "You're on." They would all need a drink after this.

Rob gripped the controls.   This was one dog fight he wished was over.  He did catch some of the words from the back.  "This baby will hold together.  No worries," he shouted back to Valentine.  At least he hoped he was right.

He glanced at Alecia.  "Things are certainly going south fast," he said. 

<Dreadnought Bridge>

Mesa wiped a hand over her brow.  She glanced over at Tucker as he gave orders to pick up any debris they saw.  Smart man.  The last thing they needed was anyone else getting injured.  There had been enough of that already.

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #282 on: December 04, 2019, 01:08:26 AM »

<Med Bay to Bridge>

After some 30 minutes or so, Lily the least injured of the three had been released fit to return. The proviso of course being that she watch for any further signs such as headaches, dizziness or vision impairment. Then there was the fact that Tucker missed nothing.

"Captain on deck." He straightened up, arms stiffly by his side. "I hope you're well and fit ma'am?" He inquired. TJ gave Mesa a gentle nudge with his elbow.

"Where are we at Mister Tucker and affirmative." She told him.

Clearing his throat, while it was within the purview of any one of the officers present to give the status, as now COB of the Victory, it was equally within his realm. "Not good Captain, that fairly well sums it up. The ground teams are returning, some wounded and we have lost further aircraft and crews. Both the El'Dari and Wraith Commanders are recommending a withdrawal for the time being. We've not yet replied to Todd ma'am, but he is asking we move to the dark side of the moon temporarily. I think he has something up his sleeve so to speak."

Lily folded her arms, thinking deeply for a moment. "Are all our birds in?"

He checked the status board. "Last one is arriving now Captain."

"Satterfield?" She was as always thrifty with words.

Tucker nodded a yes.

"Very well then. As soon as she and her crew, along with the last of the ground teams are here, we'll acquiesce to Mister Todd's request. In the meantime Major McCaffry, make the reply that we will meet him at the designated sector. I can only assume Sunniva will be there as well." Now with her hands behind her back she felt more in place. "The rest of you carry on. As I can see you're doing a deck sweep, good thinking. When everything is secured return to your stations, I have a feeling we'll be heading back to Atlantis soon."

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 79
  • DanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has AscendedDanielRyder Has Ascended
  • Before building something great, you destroy it
« Reply #283 on: December 04, 2019, 11:42:12 AM »

Lieutenant Jon Agathon

Stuck at the backseat of the AC 401, Jon grumbled silently. He ached to get out and stretch his legs. Hearing the voice of his commander, he acknowledged her, "Got it!"

He wondered what Jordan was going to buy him because he was starving.
Play Your Heart Out...

Character List

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #284 on: December 05, 2019, 01:01:27 AM »

<With Rhiase>

McKay walked after Rhiase

" No no no, not back underground, we just came from there, that was a waste of time, if i knew we were gonna go back under I would have never left, annnd," he held up his finger "I think you meant cat and mouse"

He looked at Teyla as she had moved beside him at this time and he answered her

"Lets just say, it never ends well for the mouse"
With that he ran along with Rhiase and her blades

@Mim

<Underneath>

"Yes that was it."Teyla remarked casually as she slipped in between the rubble to follow the half Wrath down back where they were not so long ago. "It can't be helped Rodney, I myself saw a virtually swarm of those clones headed to our location just a few moments ago. They have eyes everywhere and even if they weren't looking for us alive they may want to look over the ship." Then she remembered the self destruct, had it gone off yet? She didn't think so, a deep rumbling explosion from not far away soon gave her the answer.

"I see, yes the cat is the predator Doctor McKay. But did you know there are several mouse like species in this Galaxy that would give most felines pause. It is strange don't you think that the Ancients so long ago brought with them their domestic animals with them. Cats are bountiful, many species having returned to their natural state." Rhiase led them on, down further, past some of the dead of who were a few of her brethren. "Do you think at least while we await inevitable rescue we could put a large hole in their cloning operations?"

"Cattle, pigs, horses. We do have much the same as back on Earth." Teyla mused. Then that question, now that might be something useful. "Rodney?"

@Teddy

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20

lethal-pageant