Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Ba'al Plot - OOC and discussion  (Read 2832 times)

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Reputation Power: 186
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
  • I am so good at driving people nuts!
    • My Facebook
Re: Ba'al Plot - OOC and discussion
« Reply #75 on: January 11, 2015, 10:10:59 PM »

There needs to be some clarity from Ares. Why isn't his OC talking to the other team? This is supposed be to be a joint mission, not a one man band. What are we supposed to do now?
Far Dareis Mai
Life is a dream — that knows no shade.
Life is a dream — of pain and woe.
A dream from which — we pray to wake.
A dream from which — we wake and go

Ares

« Reply #76 on: January 11, 2015, 10:56:35 PM »

First sight of the SG team by the civilian team, all they did was tell him he wasn't doing his job, and proceeded to insult and belittle him and his team.  Considering the SG team has been the only ones on task the whole time, there's little reason for him or the others to be nice. 

Second; if it was a joint operation, why was Sydney the only one who knew about the HKPD raid? the armored trucks?  The SWAT style heavy infiltration explosives?  That was all one-man-band and blew the 'subtle' operation completely out of proportion. 

Maybe right now, the civilian team should be reevaluating the definition of 'team', and do something other than insult the OIC.

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 64
  • Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #77 on: January 12, 2015, 05:52:50 PM »

All I can see is a little light hearted banter in posts, nothing that I would call insults and belittling. So rather than start another long issue of back and forth arguments, how about making it easier for everyone concerned. All parties here need a stiff lesson in cooperation as far as I can see.

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #78 on: January 12, 2015, 06:07:12 PM »

Okay, I am sooo confused and I missed out on a lot. What are we arguing on about again?
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Maahes

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Maahes A new starter.
« Reply #79 on: January 12, 2015, 07:10:30 PM »

Joint is redundant, anyway; SG-6 was given command of the mission, so the suits can't technically countermand any orders. They may be able to get away with willful disregard, but I don't think the military would look too highly on the CIA trying to take the reigns of a military-led operation while it was still in play.

DanielRyder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!DanielRyder has great potential!
  • I already lost one captain. I won't lose another
    • Inkitt.com
« Reply #80 on: January 12, 2015, 07:14:31 PM »

So...Ares's group of military is the one leading this and not Sydney? I'm still confused. I thought Sydney was in charge, but now you're saying the military is in charge and not the civilians?  :fp

I know Teal is just following orders, so please don't put him down for trying to follow a civilian order...
I'm Daniel. It means, uh, "God is my judge" ~ Daniel Jackson. Upgrades S4E3 - StargateSg1

Ryder means Mounted Warrior or Messenger

Character List

Maahes

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Maahes A new starter.
« Reply #81 on: January 12, 2015, 07:49:16 PM »

From what I gathered, SG-6's leader is the OIC for the mission. I could be wrong.  :P

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
  • Mim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has AscendedMim Has Ascended
    • My Facebook
« Reply #82 on: January 12, 2015, 08:54:55 PM »

more to the point, if Lee was in charge he should effectively have been directing Sydney's group not ignoring them.

Anyways, it doesn't matter either way, we just need to work together and not argue over small details..... its a waste of time.
Far Dareis Mai

Ellen_Ripley

• Lost Worlds Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Reputation Power: 64
  • Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!Ellen_Ripley is awe-inspiring!
  • "I am the Mother!"
« Reply #83 on: January 15, 2015, 03:21:10 PM »

Finally, again directed to George, as he was the OIC at the moment, "Who's in charge, the SGC, or the CIA?"  Chain of command was drilled into him even before he'd enlisted in the United States services, and that last question was the most important. 

"As far as I can esteem, this mission was initiated by the SGC and IOA. The civilian agencies were brought in to guarantee success and ensure this thing stays quiet. That being so Lieutenant Colonel Lee, as I understand the working of these things, you would be in charge of the mission. I would though, out of courtesy, once you meet with the CIA, you nominate Miss Bristow as your second. She is as they say here on Earth, a seasoned veteran."

So .. by your own words, no .. it wasn't the CIA. 

What's the point of flashing Morse code when the whole point of the laser guided pointer was to get your team to notice the incapacitated bodies, and missing radios, to maybe contact the team to determine what they were doing before everything went One Upon A Time in Mexico, making any stealth or subtlety completely pointless?

If the HKPD were 'back up and plot device' they didn't need to be used as a makeshift SWAT and Miami Vice hit squad.  They could have cordoned off the area and been done.  By 'contact' I mean radio, because there's multiple channels, multiple frequencies, and most of the SG1 missions they used radios just fine even when being stealthy. 

Point being, once again impatience, and lack of communication, has lead to a point where the story was going one direction, and now it's completely off track and veering toward utter collapse. I said 'pause' because your post practically threw everything I'd done up until that point out the window.

I would like to ask Ares, did you PM Mel at any time and query what she was doing? Was there any communication at any time between you, Flame and Mel in concert to work this out in a civil matter? As I see the nature of these types of forays, radio silence for the most part is the norm once you've been deployed.

George4

« Reply #84 on: January 18, 2015, 09:19:44 PM »

I'm confused from the via bios two are military. Maybe three. However are we pulling out or are we doing ground control...

Mim

• Administrator
  • Brigadier General
    • My Facebook
« Reply #85 on: January 18, 2015, 09:28:33 PM »

The two teams are pulling back to a perimeter. We'll have Henry and his team join them; once Ba'alsy has left the building, we'll return for the mop up. I still expect some combat there :D
Far Dareis Mai
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]